» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Do you believe in ghosts?

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/12/05 at 12:30 am

I say "Kinda".  From my experience ghosts aren't dead people, they're simply the product of people seeing into the past.  Why else would a "soul" look like a body?  I've heard trains that my stepdad claims to hear but my brother has no idea of what I'm talking about.  He thinks I'm delusional or making it up but I hear it clearer than anything.

Also, it may of been a dream but I think I once saw an uninvited Native American playing a flute on the uncle's homestead in northeastern Washington. 

Subject: Re: Do you believe in ghosts?

Written By: whitewolf on 02/12/05 at 12:34 am

My son told me one day that a man comes to visit him. as a mom i got worried about this, I asked him if he seen him before and do i know him.
His answer made me cry, he told me that he seen this man in my picture album. He pointed to the picture of my Dad and said that was the man. My dad died 2 years before he was born.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/12/05 at 12:52 am

My son told me one day that a man comes to visit him. as a mom i got worried about this, I asked him if he seen him before and do i know him.
His answer made me cry, he told me that he seen this man in my picture album. He pointed to the picture of my Dad and said that was the man. My dad died 2 years before he was born.

Do you think ghosts are spirits or crossings of the past and future, Whitewolf?  I think they're the latter. 

-FHF  :)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 02/12/05 at 4:31 am

Various people I know have had freaky experiences that may have involved ghosts. So maybe, unless my friends are loco, they might exist in some form

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/12/05 at 10:52 am

Without a doubt, yes!

Tanya

Written By: sputnikcorp on 02/12/05 at 11:07 am

at my exgf's apartment i had two encounters. once, i was sitting at her computer and she was in the shower. i heard footsteps come up behind me and knew she was still in the bathroom. i slowly turned around...nothing. i told my gf of what i encountered. she knows, being a witch she talks to them, apparently. she allows the nice ones in and keeps the bad ones out.

this other time i seen an actual presence. i walked out of the bedroom to go to the kitchen, i noticed someone walk out of the bedroom, my gf was still in there so i thought it was her who went to the bathroom. i knew something was odd, so i went back into the bedroom. she was sitting there. i asked her if she went into the bathroom, no she said. that one was creepy because i seen something, a person.

so, yeah, i believe in ghosts.

Written By: Bobby on 02/12/05 at 3:16 pm

I went for 'kinda'.

See, if it was part of my religion to believe in angels and demons and that belief (rightly or wrongly) is still lingers. I don't think I believe in ghosts in the conventional way.

Written By: saver on 02/12/05 at 6:37 pm

Once went with a friend to a cemetery and some HAD to have followed us home..overnight, his car caught fire,we both couldn't sleep, (separate locations), eerie feeling all around.

I blessed my room and they must have left me...my friend didn't do anything to make them leave,
2 days later, he went to give a speech elsewhere...the day before a cat jumped on the table where his papers lay, and scratched/tore them up! The owner of the cat said it NEVER acted like that before!!...He gave the speech, came home and returned to the cemetery to ask forgiveness and for the 'entities' to return to their rightful place.
Since then all went well.

No more casual cemetery visits! :o

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/12/05 at 7:14 pm

As with all paranormal phenomena, I'm skeptical, but not dismissive.

We lived in an old farmhouse when I was a kid.  I definitely felt very strange energy in that house from time to time.  I also saw apparitions a couple of times, but to this day, I'm not sure I believe my own eyes.

If you have an old house in which dozens of people have been born, lived, and died, I believe the structure will retain residual energies we don't yet understand.

Every house my aunt has ever lived in has been haunted.  Maybe she's got ESP, maybe she's a little nuts, maybe both.  Those like my aunt who come out with stories of spectres sitting around in 1920s evening clothes cast a pall of silliness on all believers!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/12/05 at 7:17 pm

Yes. I have never SEEN one but definitely felt a presence or two in my day.

Cat

Written By: whitewolf on 02/12/05 at 9:37 pm

Here is a link to follow.

WARNING, THIS IS NOT FOR ANYONE THAT GETS SPOOKED EASILY,
I THINK ITS CREEPY, BUT SOME MAY GET REALLY SCARED.

http://www.wimp.com/proof/

PLEASE IF YOU HAVE ANY SERIOUS CONDITION THAT YOU HAVE TO AVOID EXCITEMENT, OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT. DO NOT GO THERE. OK

Written By: whitewolf on 02/13/05 at 11:01 am

Well, since I'm apparently spawn of the devil, I guess I have to... ;)

whitewolf...I've seen that site before and it always gives me the heebie-jeebies :D

I had a couple of power point slide shows sent to me, that were alot better than that site.
when I went to that site I was ready for it, everyine knows whats comes at the end. still freaky though.  :o

Written By: Harmonica on 02/13/05 at 4:33 pm

Spawn of the Devil, loving wife and mother???? No, not at all that is a contradiction...God loving Christian, that approves of baby murder???? that too is a contradiction.

The paranormal as always interested me. And yes I believe in Ghost. Good and Bad Ghost. More along the lines of unfinished Business, to get even. On a good or bad basis.  They have something to settle with another person or perhaps something.  I've never seen a Ghost, but beileve they do exist.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/13/05 at 6:53 pm

Spawn of the Devil, loving wife and mother???? No, not at all that is a contradiction...God loving Christian, that approves of baby murder???? that too is a contradiction.

Just chill. It is really getting old. And we are discussing ghosts here.

Cat

Written By: Harmonica on 02/13/05 at 7:22 pm

Just chill. It is really getting old. And we are discussing ghosts here.

Cat

She made the shot at me first, I RETALIATED.....

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/13/05 at 7:25 pm

She made the shot at me first, I RETALIATED.....

Why don't you call it even Harmonica and Crazymom??  After all you're mostly likely not going to meet in the physical realm.

Written By: Harmonica on 02/13/05 at 7:45 pm

Why don't you call it even Harmonica and Crazymom??  After all you're mostly likely not going to meet in the physical realm.

Sure but I'm not gonna sit around and be attacked because she believes I'm a food to use God in talking about issues. I'll take a lot of things, being made out to be a moron because I believe and trust in God, is something I will not take.

Written By: whitewolf on 02/13/05 at 7:59 pm

Sure but I'm not gonna sit around and be attacked because she believes I'm a food to use God in talking about issues. I'll take a lot of things, being made out to be a moron because I believe and trust in God, is something I will not take.

Oh give it a break, she never said any of that, she never even attacked you, she just pointed out her opinion and YOU jumped at her.

THATS WHAT THESE BOARDS ARE, IS TO GIVE YOUR OWN OPINION.

Written By: Harmonica on 02/13/05 at 8:02 pm

Oh give it a break, she never said any of that, she never even attacked you, she just pointed out her opinion and YOU jumped at her.

THATS WHAT THESE BOARDS ARE, IS TO GIVE YOUR OWN OPINION.

She never attacked me??????....you want me to fall over from laughing so hard?  I'm about too.

She treated me like a little kid that believes in Santa Clause when I pointed out that I refer to my relationship with God.  That my whitewolf, IS an attack.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/13/05 at 8:05 pm

Well, I'm going to start a Harmonica vs. Crazymom flame thread over in Playful Penguin Place, so if either of you have a beef eat it there :)

-FHF  :D

Written By: Harmonica on 02/13/05 at 8:07 pm

Well, I'm going to start a Harmonica vs. Crazymom flame thread over in Playful Penguin Place, so if either of you have a beef eat it there :)

-FHF  :D

I don't want to fight with her. I just don't want to be made out to be a insane retard because I put God into politics and issues.

Written By: whitewolf on 02/13/05 at 8:09 pm

She never attacked me??????....you want me to fall over from laughing so hard?  I'm about too.

She treated me like a little kid that believes in Santa Clause when I pointed out that I refer to my relationship with God.  That my whitewolf, IS an attack.

Oh Please don't call me your whitewolf, I am not your anything.  I read the threads before they were deleted and she did and said nothing wrong. she was just giving her own opinion period.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/13/05 at 8:11 pm

I don't want to fight with her. I just don't want to be made out to be a insane retard because I put God into politics and issues.

That's good :)  If you have any beefs though I suggest you take them there though.  I'm not ordering you to, it's just a suggestion :)

-FHF  ;)

Written By: Harmonica on 02/13/05 at 8:13 pm

Oh Please don't call me your whitewolf, I am not your anything.  I read the threads before they were deleted and she did and said nothing wrong. she was just giving her own opinion period.

Sorry about the "My Whitewolf" thing...It won't happen again.

OK, You win....I'll be back.

Written By: Harmonica on 02/13/05 at 8:39 pm

Here are some ways Crazymom Never attacked me.

"Hey you know what? fudge you"  That cleary is not an attack.

"Harmonica & GWB, have either of you ever met someone who has performed or received an abortion? Would you even know? Didn't think so"  This in no way Shape or form is a suggestion that I am an idiot that has no idea what I"m talking about. It in no way shape or form indicates that I have had no experience about what I was talking about. It in no way shape or form points the finger at me that says, "you've never dealt, so don't take the cards".

"If you live your life avoiding everything it "clearly states in the Bible that God is against", you must live a pretty boring life"  No Way does this state That I'm a boreing individual without a life because I read the bible. No way could this obviously be taken as I'm a "weirdo" because its' more important to live for God than it is to appeal to other people.

This here was posted by Chucky G

"Didn't you notice their men? Of course they oppose abortion, it doesn't affect them. They use religion as the pretext to inflict their religious beliefs on others." 

I'm sure Ralph wasn't affected at all, cause he was a man.

Written By: whitewolf on 02/13/05 at 8:48 pm

Here are some ways Crazymom Never attacked me.

"Hey you know what? f*c* you"  That cleary is not an attack.

This here was posted by Chucky G

"Didn't you notice their men? Of course they oppose abortion, it doesn't affect them. They use religion as the pretext to inflict their religious beliefs on others." 

Crazymom only told you that AFTER you started verbally abusing her by saying that she knows nothing and after her trying to reason with you.

And personally I agree with chucky g. MOST but not ALL men are against abortion because they don't have to deal with it.

Written By: Alchoholica on 02/13/05 at 8:55 pm

Betcha ass his girlfriend was affected a lot..

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/13/05 at 9:09 pm

And you calling me a hypocrit is a compliment? No, I simply meant that you (as in society as a whole, not you personally) cannot tell someone who has had/performed an abortion simply by looking at them. Again, has nothing to do with reading the Bible...simply that it's NOT POSSIBLE to avoid EVERYTHING the Bible states is "wrong".  Heck, even the Bible contradicts itself by saying you can't do something in one book and you can in another.

Show me ONCE where I called you a "weirdo" or any other name...If the threads hadn't been deleted, I could point out multiple times where you called me evil...YOU were the one who kept saying I was "calling you names" and saying I said things I CLEARLY did not say...saying that I would laugh at things and thought other people were stupid for their actions (which I never did and never would)...I never did...YOU were the one who assumed (incorrectly, I might add) things about me continuously...not me.

This is the last thing I'm going to say to you, not because you're right or I'm right, but because I was asked not to say anymore.

ed to correct quotes

Good points, Crazymom.  I'm not on you or Harmonica's "side" though, because I don't want to lose either of 2 potential friends :)

-FHF

Written By: Harmonica on 02/13/05 at 10:16 pm

Crazymom only told you that AFTER you started verbally abusing her by saying that she knows nothing and after her trying to reason with you.

And personally I agree with chucky g. MOST but not ALL men are against abortion because they don't have to deal with it.

trying to reason with me by telling me I'm a fool and bashing my God?

Written By: Harmonica on 02/13/05 at 10:17 pm

And your last statement is exactly what you preach "opinion"

In recent polls it was shown that MORE women were against abortion and MORE men were for Abortion...I suppose the Polls of a magazine are MY opinion though.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/13/05 at 10:18 pm

Harmonica, the flame thread's reopened.  :)

-FHF

Written By: Gis on 02/14/05 at 9:07 am

As I managed to miss what was obviously a frank and interesting debate as they say in politics  ;) I'll get back to the ghost thing.
Yes I do believe in them  having seem one and heard another and also been aware of presences on several occassions.

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/16/05 at 3:52 pm

I too missed the flare-up, but from what I read above, it appears that Harmonica is insisting that we all honor (not just respect) his religious beliefs, and that he should be able to brand others for doing things that are perfectly legal but contrary to HIS notions of morality.  That I find to be problematic.

As to ghosts, I have never experienced one in any direct way, but Cat, my youngest daughter, and my mother all claim to have had ghost-like experiences.  The closest I ever came was in an old houose we lived in and were remodling.  One summer evening we heard what sounded like a man and a young child laughing.  There were no young kids in the neighborhood but ours, and they were all accounted for.  We heard this a few times and could never find an explanation.  We removed some very old wall paper from one bedroom, like the last of five layers, with clowns and toys, and the laughing stopped.  I was sorry it did, it was kind of nice, not spooky.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 02/16/05 at 4:36 pm

Do you believe in ghosts?

NO!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/16/05 at 8:57 pm

NO!

American democracy, what about that?  There's a ghost for ya!

Written By: ElDuderino on 02/16/05 at 9:45 pm

Nah, I don't believe in 'em.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 02/17/05 at 2:52 am

like Chucky said, move on.

But Chucky isn't even in this thread.

American democracy, what about that?  There's a ghost for ya!

I know.  It died when Christine Fraudoire (D-WA) stole the Washington state governor's race.

Nah, I don't believe in 'em.

Finally.  I agree.

Written By: Paul on 02/17/05 at 8:02 am

I've not seen or felt any 'presence', so no...

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/17/05 at 12:25 pm

Chucky is in EVERY thread.....at least the "spirit" of Chucky is......and he's like EF Hutton...when he talks, I listen ;)

He's God.

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/17/05 at 3:51 pm

I know.  It (democracy - inserted for clarity) died when Christine Fraudoire (D-WA) stole the Washington state governor's race.

Stole it?  Because she got more votes?  Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/17/05 at 3:52 pm

Chucky is a very smart, well informed man, and runs this board, but "god"?  Paaalease.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 02/17/05 at 4:04 pm

Stole it?  Because she got more votes?  Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Bull.  Christine Fraudoire (or Gregorie if you prefer) stole it, here is why:

1. She won only one out of three vote counts.  The only count she did win was the least accurate, the hand count.  Also when was 1/3 a winner?
2. Each time the votes where counted, many votes mysteriously popped up in liberal King (Ukraine) county.  The vast majority of the votes were for Fraudoire, yet none of the votes had valid addresses, yet they counted.
3. The same standard in #2 wasn't the case in republican counties.
4. A poll (I got to get the link if you want proof) shows the vast majority of Washington state residents view Fraudoire as well...a fraud.

I got numerous links if you want them.

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/17/05 at 4:12 pm

Sure, post the links if you like, but please don't bother if they include Rush, Hannity, O'Riely, Drudge, or Foxx.  And why is the hand count the least relyable?  Just give it a rest, the election was close, but she won, live with it.

Oh, and what does this have to do with ghosts, Horatio?

Check for new replies or respond here...