» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Forget it

Written By: ElDuderino on 02/18/05 at 10:40 pm

US Government: You know, to heck with actually getting anything done. We don't need to improve medical care, education, enviromental standards or anything. Lets just spend all of our time debating in an endless cycle about political cliches like "right wing war monger" and "baby killing lefty". Us Republicans will talk about protecting the military, and YES, then we can slash veteran's benefits DURING our little wars. But listen to this, us Democrats have an even WORSE idea, lets criticize those dang ol' Republicans' wars, but when it comes down to it, NOT ACTUALLY VOTE AGAINST THEM IN CONGRESS.

The madness  :D

I think I am through with the U.S. political system.

Subject: Re: Forget it

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/18/05 at 10:50 pm

US Government: You know, to heck with actually getting anything done. We don't need to improve medical care, education, enviromental standards or anything. Lets just spend all of our time debating in an endless cycle about political cliches like "right wing war monger" and "baby killing lefty". Us Republicans will talk about protecting the military, and YES, then we can slash veteran's benefits DURING our little wars. But listen to this, us Democrats have an even WORSE idea, lets criticize those dang ol' Republicans' wars, but when it comes down to it, NOT ACTUALLY VOTE AGAINST THEM IN CONGRESS.

The madness :D

Well, Dudeman, I hate to say it, but abortion is the #1 issue with so many people in the Midwest, South, and Backcountry that they'll vote for anyone as long as they're "pro-life". 

Written By: AL-B on 02/20/05 at 11:31 pm

Sometimes I think the Democrats and Republicans are all in cahoots. I think they purposely set a vicious tone in Congress so that the majority of citizens feel cynical and powerless. They're all trying to break our "giveash*tters."

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/20/05 at 11:32 pm

I'm not a fan of the Dem or Repub party.  But I'd choose the Dems of the two.

-FHF  ;)

Written By: bbigd04 on 02/20/05 at 11:36 pm

I'm not a fan of the Dem or Repub party.  But I'd choose the Dems of the two.

-FHF  ;)

I feel the same way, I don't like either party, but I prefer the Dems.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/21/05 at 12:53 am

That's why we need honest-to-goodness campaign finance reform.  That way you could have campaigns for federal offices without having to raise money from corporate America and a bunch of rich a$$h()les!  Imagine successful campaigns with NO funding from the military-petroleum-industrial complex!  That would be revolutionary, and that's what the fat cats REALLY afraid of!

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/21/05 at 5:34 pm

That's why we need honest-to-goodness campaign finance reform.  That way you could have campaigns for federal offices without having to raise money from corporate America and a bunch of rich a$$h()les!  Imagine successful campaigns with NO funding from the military-petroleum-industrial complex!  That would be revolutionary, and that's what the fat cats REALLY afraid of!

Vermont's campaign finance law wqas recently declared constitutional by the court of appeals.  We have the right to limit how much one  can spend for a campaign.  This should be a model for other states.  Once again, as Calvil Coolidge said (and I paraphrase), the little state of Vermont will replemish the well of liberty.

Written By: Dagwood on 02/21/05 at 7:13 pm

That's why we need honest-to-goodness campaign finance reform. That way you could have campaigns for federal offices without having to raise money from corporate America and a bunch of rich a$$h()les! Imagine successful campaigns with NO funding from the military-petroleum-industrial complex! That would be revolutionary, and that's what the fat cats REALLY afraid of!

This is one of the few times I agree with you.

Written By: pimpinsteelersfan on 02/21/05 at 8:01 pm

Very good point.  If you didn't have to be rich and get money backing just to run for office, I think we would see a lot better people in congress.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/21/05 at 8:46 pm

Vermont's campaign finance law wqas recently declared constitutional by the court of appeals.  We have the right to limit how much one  can spend for a campaign.  This should be a model for other states.  Once again, as Calvil Coolidge said (and I paraphrase), the little state of Vermont will replemish the well of liberty.

You won't hear many present-day Coolidge admirers citing that one!
;)

Check for new replies or respond here...