» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Canada will be sending 30 soldiers Iraq

Written By: GWBush2004 on 02/21/05 at 10:17 pm

These ungrateful bums finally are going to send soldiers to Iraq, and they only send 30!?  Canada...... :-X

Link: http://news.channels.aol.ca/news/article.adp?id=20050218152709990019

Subject: Re: Canada will be sending 30 soldiers Iraq

Written By: McDonald on 02/22/05 at 12:50 am

These ungrateful bums finally are going to send soldiers to Iraq, and they only send 30!?  Canada...... :-X

What have they to be grateful to the US for? I think we get a fair exchange. They aren't our b!tches, they get to choose their own battles. Oh but I guess I must excuse your offensive remarks because you are a self-proclaimed "nationalist" and that stamp of uberpatriotism gives you a free pass to be a jerkass.

Written By: bbigd04 on 02/22/05 at 12:57 am

Canada didn't start this war, your buddy GW did, why should they go die for his lies. Imminent threat to america, yeah right. Iran and North Korea are more of a threat to america than Saddam ever was. We've done nothing in Iraq except create a hotbed of terrorists, that are killing Iraqis everyday, so how is it better than Saddam? Iraqis are still getting killed, except now it's the masked terrorists walking around with machine guns doing the killing. They control a number of cities and areas of baghdad. It's the same way afghanistan, most of the country is controlled by terrorists. Their machine gun is the law.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/22/05 at 12:59 am

Wow.... 30..... I'm impressed!  ::)

Written By: McDonald on 02/22/05 at 1:09 am

As a dual citizen, little exchanges like these tend to attract my attention and incite my confusion as to the correct pronouns to use.  ;)

Written By: sputnikcorp on 02/22/05 at 1:14 am

it's not our war, deal with it.

Written By: jaytee on 02/22/05 at 6:56 am

Well the Australian Government has done a backflip and is now sending another 450.  NONE of them should be there >:(

Written By: GWBush2004 on 02/22/05 at 6:51 pm

Well the Australian Government has done a backflip and is now sending another 450.  NONE of them should be there >:(

Yes, I heard.  Shows who your friends are.

John Howard gets a thumbs up.

Paul Martin gets a thumbs down.

Written By: Powerslave on 02/22/05 at 7:00 pm

John Howard is a puppet of the US Government. He makes policy based solely on whatever the American stance on the issue may be and has nothing but blatant disregard for the concerns of the electorate. Over 85% of Australia's population are opposed to further involvement in Iraq. If there was an election tomorrow, he would lose on this issue alone, but luckily for him and his good mate Bush, the election was only a few months ago; during that campaign, he pledged that no more Australian troops would be sent into Iraq.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 02/22/05 at 7:03 pm

If there was an election tomorrow,

Well he was reelected to his fourth term not that long ago, so Iraq couldn't have hurt him to bad.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 02/22/05 at 7:13 pm

uberpatriotism

Thanks for the kind words.

Wow.... 30..... I'm impressed

It's disgusting that Canada would spit in our faces with 30 troops.  This is the thanks America gets for buying 80% of Canada's exports?  We hold the keyes to their economy, and they send us 30 troops?

And now President Bush has the nerve to say let's import Canada's mad cow-infested beef.  Screw that.  When the labeling laws for beef that require beef to be labeled by which country it came from next year, I'll be sure to buy only American beef.  I can't believe Bush would allow any of Canada's beef and logs into our country, he should be calling for a boycott.

Written By: Powerslave on 02/22/05 at 7:18 pm

Well he was reelected to his fourth term not that long ago, so Iraq couldn't have hurt him to bad.

As I said, he promised not to commit further troops to the conflict; Howard won the election because his economic record has been good for business investors and mortgagees and he was up against a rookie Opposition leader without any real policies. Since then the economy has started to stall, interest rates have risen and he's now sending more troops into an unpopular war, plus the new Opposition leader is a popular seasoned campaigner. If there was an election tomorrow, I doubt Howard would win it after pulling a stunt like this.

Written By: jaytee on 02/23/05 at 8:23 am

As I said, he promised not to commit further troops to the conflict; Howard won the election because his economic record has been good for business investors and mortgagees and he was up against a rookie Opposition leader without any real policies. Since then the economy has started to stall, interest rates have risen and he's now sending more troops into an unpopular war, plus the new Opposition leader is a popular seasoned campaigner. If there was an election tomorrow, I doubt Howard would win it after pulling a stunt like this.

Agree with you 100% - an election now would have a totally different outcome. 

Written By: EthanM on 02/24/05 at 1:13 am

It's disgusting that Canada would spit in our faces with 30 troops.  This is the thanks America gets for buying 80% of Canada's exports?  We hold the keyes to their economy, and they send us 30 troops?

And now President Bush has the nerve to say let's import Canada's mad cow-infested beef.  Screw that.  When the labeling laws for beef that require beef to be labeled by which country it came from next year, I'll be sure to buy only American beef.  I can't believe Bush would allow any of Canada's beef and logs into our country, he should be calling for a boycott.

What's with you complaining aboutt president Bush? Didn't you used to have a caption saying, "No bush bashers, left or right"? If gwbush2004 is annoyed at dubya his ttrue approvall rating must be near zero.

Written By: conker on 02/24/05 at 9:58 am

We didn't spit in any faces.  The Canadain public does not support the war and our government is reflecting the will of the people.
We are sending 30 trainiers to help whip the Iraqi security forces into some kind of shape that's all.

If you want us to stop sending our exports to you watch out.  In 2004 we became the biggest supplier of oil, natural gas and electricy to you, I'm thinking wood, paper, autos, pot and grain are probably not far behind.
If we weren't around to supply this Bush would be in Iran too because someone's got to feed the SUV's, BBQ's and PS2's with energy.
Then again you could invade us too but since we are the 2nd largest land mass in the world the Napoleon/Hilter experiences in Russia come to mind, it's damn big and damn cold here most of the year

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/24/05 at 10:25 am

If you boycott Canada's beef and lumber, then we'll well just not send it to the States, and you'll have to find other countries to get lumber and beef from. Good luck!

Written By: McDonald on 02/24/05 at 2:08 pm

If you boycott Canada's beef and lumber, then we'll well just not send it to the States, and you'll have to find other countries to get lumber and beef from. Good luck!

And at a reasonble cost as well! Don't expect GW to operate with macroeconomic sensibility... he's the typical hillbilly blowing smoke out his @ss.

Written By: Powerslave on 02/24/05 at 7:01 pm

you'll have to find other countries to get beef from.

Like Australia! Mmmmmmm, yummy lean, grass-fed beef.  ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/24/05 at 7:25 pm

IMHO, anybody who calls Canadians "ungrateful bums" is NOT a patriot.  He is a hate-monger and a troublemaker!
::)

Written By: GWBush2004 on 02/24/05 at 10:00 pm

And at a reasonble cost as well! Don't expect GW to operate with macroeconomic sensibility...

I guess you haven't heard about the recent trade deficet have you, and the negative effects of outsourcing and the massive level of free trade we have where Mexico can dump their crap on us with almost no problems but they have every trade barrier imaginable to keep US-made goods out of their country.  Think.

IMHO, anybody who calls Canadians "ungrateful bums" is NOT a patriot.  He is a hate-monger and a troublemaker!

When exactly has Canada ever acted like a friend of America?  Certainly not when Paul Martin just went back on his word about the missile defense system.  It's almost enough to make you wish North Korea sent a missile at Canada.  Certainly not in Iraq, certainly not the way they attack our President like we shouldn't have the freedom we won't to elect our own leader, and certainly not in Vietnam.

Like Australia! Mmmmmmm, yummy lean, grass-fed beef.

No arguments there.  Australia has good beef, and have been good friends in Iraq, and now they're sending 450 more troops to defend Japan's workers.  Same with Great Britain (Iraq, not the beef.)  Know who your friends are.  But I prefer American beef and goods, for obvious reasons....though I'm sure our beef isn't the best tasting.

What's with you complaining aboutt president Bush?

So now I can't complain when he's wrong?  I'm suppose to act like the left did with Clinton and pretend he is perfect?  I'm sorry but Bush is wrong on Canada and Paul Martin, wrong on illegal immigration, and somewhat wrong on spending (he is getting better on that.)

Written By: UKVisitor on 02/24/05 at 10:22 pm

At the very least Canada provided a convenient buffer to a Russian invasion during the Cold War. Though I had to laugh when Robin Williams described Canada as "a loft apartment over a great party" constantly complaining about the noise  ;D

Written By: EthanM on 02/25/05 at 1:04 am

So now I can't complain when he's wrong?  I'm suppose to act like the left did with Clinton and pretend he is perfect?  I'm sorry but Bush is wrong on Canada and Paul Martin, wrong on illegal immigration, and somewhat wrong on spending (he is getting better on that.)

You have every right to complain when he's wrong.  But it seems hypocritical considering earlier statements that you've made about no bush bashing ever. Or is hypocrisy something only liberals do?

Written By: McDonald on 02/25/05 at 12:07 pm

When exactly has Canada ever acted like a friend of America?  Certainly not when Paul Martin just went back on his word about the missile defense system.  It's almost enough to make you wish North Korea sent a missile at Canada.  Certainly not in Iraq, certainly not the way they attack our President like we shouldn't have the freedom we won't to elect our own leader, and certainly not in Vietnam.

Dude, the Canadian and American governments differ on a few things, but the most important thing is that the actions of elected Canadian officials reflects the will of their electorate. Here, we vote people into power and then allow them to shhh on us at every turn. The US government does whatever IT wants, not what we the people want. They placate us with stupid issues like abortion of gay marriage, but when it comes to war and economy -we get the doublethink. The Canadian people do not support the war in Iraq, and ergo the actions and decisions of the PM reflect their views. That's honourable.

We have plenty to thank Canada for. Not the least of which is the scores of thousands of Canadians who died with allied troops in WW2. We have first bids on their vast resources. You want to buy Aussie beef for much more money... go right ahead. You want to buy Middle-Eastern oil insteand of Canadian... go right ahead. You want to watch movies made in Turkmenistan instead of Toronto... go right ahead.

No arguments there.  Australia has good beef, and have been good friends in Iraq, and now they're sending 450 more troops to defend Japan's workers.  Same with Great Britain (Iraq, not the beef.)  Know who your friends are.  But I prefer American beef and goods, for obvious reasons....though I'm sure our beef isn't the best tasting.

As soon as those countries disagree with something on the right wing agenda, you be jumping up their @sses too. You don't fool anyone... You're a Republican "dittohead." Whatever they say, you say. In fact, I'm wondering why I even bother with an endman like yourself when I could just listen to Rush Limbaugh, or Bill O'Reilly. At least they seem classy, and in any case they're a helluva lot more articulate.

Written By: jackas on 02/27/05 at 5:58 pm

I don't understand why any of you would argue with such a ridiculous comment. ::)  You're wasting your time and energy.

Check for new replies or respond here...