» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: STOP KISSING DEAD PRESIDENT'S ARSES!!!!

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/21/05 at 11:14 pm

I say Yes, why would the dead care?

-FHF

Subject: Re: STOP KISSING DEAD PRESIDENT'S ARSES!!!!

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/21/05 at 11:53 pm

FullHouse, it's about remembering the positive actions they may contribute to society. You benefit from many of their actions.

Tanya

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/21/05 at 11:58 pm

No.  We don't honor much of anything nowadays, except money.  Money is a lot of dead presidents too!

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/21/05 at 11:58 pm

No.  We don't honor much of anything nowadays, except money.  Money is a lot of dead presidents too!

I could use some extra dps in my wallet now!

Tanya

Written By: GWBush2004 on 02/22/05 at 12:08 am

Personally I think this day is Washington's birthday.  Why is it only Martin Luther King Jr. gets a day named after him, while Washington, Lincoln, and Jefferson don't get their own days, just President's day.  In that case make Martin Luther King jr.'s day civil rights day.

Happy Washington's birthday everyone, thought it's a bit late now.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/22/05 at 12:12 am

Personally I think this day is Washington's birthday.  Why is it only Martin Luther King Jr. gets a day named after him, while Washington, Lincoln, and Jefferson don't get their own days, just President's day.  In that case make Martin Luther King jr.'s day civil rights day.

Happy Washington's birthday everyone, thought it's a bit late now.

We get two days (well at least some schools). This month I had a day off for Lincoln's and Washington's birthday. President's Day does not encompass all presidents. Jefferson, btw, has tons of banks, schools, buildings, and monetary inclusion. He's okay.

Why do we celebrate the Fourth of July, honestly? The only free individuals were White, Anglo-Saxon, Protestant males who were rich enough to own land at the time of the nation's "founding". Everyone else didn't matter (e.g. women, slave, indentured servants, Native Americans, the poor).

Tanya

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/22/05 at 12:20 am

We get two days (well at least some schools). This month I had a day off for Lincoln's and Washington's birthday. President's Day does not encompass all presidents. Jefferson, btw, has tons of banks, schools, buildings, and monetary inclusion. He's okay.

Why do we celebrate the Fourth of July, honestly? The only free individuals were White, Anglo-Saxon, Protestant males who were rich enough to own land at the time of the nation's "founding". Everyone else didn't matter (e.g. women, slave, indentured servants, Native Americans, the poor).

Tanya

Agreed.  My main beef is Columbus Day.  That guy was a jerk and besides, the Vikings were in America as early as 1000 A.D.

-FHF  ;)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/22/05 at 12:27 am

Agreed.  My main beef is Columbus Day.  That guy was a jerk and besides, the Vikings were in America as early as 1000 A.D.

-FHF  ;)

Hello, I agree with you!!!!!

Tanya

Written By: McDonald on 02/22/05 at 12:47 am

I think too much repect is given to the living president.  ;D

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/22/05 at 12:50 am

Hello, I agree with you!!!!!

Tanya

That's good :)  What's up with all these "minor holidays"?  They're just excuses to get off work.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/22/05 at 1:05 am

That's good :)  What's up with all these "minor holidays"?  They're just excuses to get off work.

In Canada, we get Boxing Day, Victoria Day, Canada Day, Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, and couple others that I forgot.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/22/05 at 12:05 pm

I don't mind my days off, thank you very much!  :)  ;D

Tanya

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/22/05 at 2:27 pm

I don't mind my days off, thank you very much!  :)  ;D

Tanya

Nor do I  ;D

Written By: pimpinsteelersfan on 02/22/05 at 3:35 pm

That is exactly what it is.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 02/22/05 at 6:54 pm

Yeah I know.  Why is Bush Sr. getting so close to that impeached, disgraced former President Clinton?  Something is not right about that.

Written By: Dagwood on 02/22/05 at 10:44 pm

No.  Those who don't remember history are condemned to repeat it.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/23/05 at 11:53 am

Yeah I know.  Why is Bush Sr. getting so close to that impeached, disgraced former President Clinton?  Something is not right about that.

He's not disgraced. That's a matter of personal opinion. What is a disgrace is that the present president hasn't been impeached, especially after the recent security crisis involving a phony journalist who apparently had inside ties.

Tanya

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/23/05 at 12:50 pm

He's not disgraced. That's a matter of personal opinion. What is a disgrace is that the present president hasn't been impeached, especially after the recent security crisis involving a phony journalist who apparently had inside ties.

Tanya

Amen to that!

-FHF  ;)

Written By: bbigd04 on 02/23/05 at 12:58 pm

Tanya

The Clinton impeachment was partisan GOP garbage. It was just their effort to frame Clinton, using illegally recorded phone conversations. First they tried to get him on whitewater, that didn't work, so GOP thug Ken Starr found Linda Tripp and they probably paid her off so they get the info needed to set up Clinton. Darn right Bush should be impeached, first for lying to the American people and the world by taking us to war on false pretenses, and this Gannon scandal is quite suspicious as well, there's numerous other reasons he should be impeached as well, of course they will ignore it all and Bush has nothing to worry about, because it's a one party dictatorship now, so Bush can basically do whatever he wants.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/23/05 at 1:07 pm

I felt the same way from 1992 through 2000 ;)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/23/05 at 7:06 pm

The Clinton impeachment was partisan GOP garbage. It was just their effort to frame Clinton, using illegally recorded phone conversations. First they tried to get him on whitewater, that didn't work, so GOP thug Ken Starr found Linda Tripp and they probably paid her off so they get the info needed to set up Clinton. Darn right Bush should be impeached, first for lying to the American people and the world by taking us to war on false pretenses, and this Gannon scandal is quite suspicious as well, there's numerous other reasons he should be impeached as well, of course they will ignore it all and Bush has nothing to worry about, because it's a one party dictatorship now, so Bush can basically do whatever he wants.

Hello!!!! Amen to that!

Tanya

Written By: GWBush2004 on 02/23/05 at 9:35 pm

The guy lied under oath, something you and I would get five years in jail for.  He bombed our WWII allies in Serbia for no real reason, his sec. of state lied to us and told us North Korea was okay just because they threw Mrs. Half-bright a party.

And this is not a one-party dictatorship.  It takes 60 votes in the US Senate to do whatever you want, and the republicans have 55.  Besides those 55 republicans were voted in, they didn't stage a coup.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/23/05 at 10:47 pm

The guy lied under oath, something you and I would get five years in jail for.  He bombed our WWII allies in Serbia for no real reason, his sec. of state lied to us and told us North Korea was okay just because they threw Mrs. Half-bright a party.

He's a politician! You're excusing W for the same thing! We had young men and women die for nothing.

Tanya

Written By: Mister C on 02/23/05 at 10:59 pm

Tanya

Do you think the freedoms of the evil White man didn't eventually lead to the freedoms of the rest of your list?  You can't judge a 200 year old society based on todays culture.

Written By: Mister C on 02/23/05 at 11:03 pm

-FHF  ;)

So, you personally knew Christopher Columbus? What did the vikings ever contribute to mankind? What did they do other than scratch their rear end when they discovered America?

Written By: Mister C on 02/23/05 at 11:06 pm

Tanya

Boy, that scandle really brought America to it's knees..

Written By: bbigd04 on 02/23/05 at 11:16 pm

And this is not a one-party dictatorship.  It takes 60 votes in the US Senate to do whatever you want, and the republicans have 55.  Besides those 55 republicans were voted in, they didn't stage a coup.

Clinton made a mistake, it's debatable whether he actually committed perjury. I bet if a republican did the same thing, the GOP congress would just ignore it. The Bush administration has done something far worse, mislead the congress and the american people into supporting a war using false information. Bush said imminent threat and that was a flat out lie. That's impeachable if you ask me. He was found innocent by the senate. He bombed serbia because genocide was occurring in that country, and we had a real coalition then, unlike now, and he was successful with very minimal casualities. I guess you guys don't like wars that aren't to benefit big business and oil. Maybe it's not a one-party dictatorship yet, but I know that's what the republicans want, they do want to put more limits on the fillibuster to silence the minority and push their far-right agenda right through.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 02/24/05 at 12:07 am

Clinton made a mistake, it's debatable whether he actually committed perjury. I bet if a republican did the same thing, the GOP congress would just ignore it. The Bush administration has done something far worse, mislead the congress and the american people into supporting a war using false information. Bush said imminent threat and that was a flat out lie. That's impeachable if you ask me. He was found innocent by the senate. He bombed serbia because genocide was occurring in that country, and we had a real coalition then, unlike now, and he was successful with very minimal casualities. I guess you guys don't like wars that aren't to benefit big business and oil. Maybe it's not a one-party dictatorship yet, but I know that's what the republicans want, they do want to put more limits on the fillibuster to silence the minority and push their far-right agenda right through.

Clinton lied under oath, Bush didn't.  Also Bush told the truth according to the intelligence he was given, Clinton knew he was telling a bold-faced lie.

And Iraq didn't have mass killings?  The difference between Serbia and Iraq is that in the long run the Iraq war could make America safer.  And you do know that former President Clinton gave Halliburton a no-bid contract for Serbia, as did President Bush for Iraq, right?

Written By: GWBush2004 on 02/24/05 at 12:49 am

Do you think the freedoms of the evil White man didn't eventually lead to the freedoms of the rest of your list?  You can't judge a 200 year old society based on todays culture.

http://www.georgiaheritagecoalition.org/site2/images/LIE-meter2.gif

http://www.georgiaheritagecoalition.org/site2/images/LIE-meter.gif

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/24/05 at 1:32 am

So, you personally knew Christopher Columbus? What did the vikings ever contribute to mankind? What did they do other than scratch their rear end when they discovered America?

I've heard Columbus' men sharpened knives with Native American flesh.  :P

Written By: bbigd04 on 02/24/05 at 12:31 pm

Clinton lied under oath, Bush didn't.  Also Bush told the truth according to the intelligence he was given, Clinton knew he was telling a bold-faced lie.

And Iraq didn't have mass killings?  The difference between Serbia and Iraq is that in the long run the Iraq war could make America safer.  And you do know that former President Clinton gave Halliburton a no-bid contract for Serbia, as did President Bush for Iraq, right?

Clinton wasn't convicted, so it's a matter of opinion that he lied under oath. I think Clinton made misleading statements, but I do not think he committed perjury. How will Iraq help the US in the long run, by creating a new hotbed of terrorists and increasing anti-americanism throughout the world? Yes I heave heard about halliburton getting no-bid contracts in the past, I think the defense department is responsible for that, not Clinton, I blame the defense department for dealing with a crooked company like halliburton.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/24/05 at 5:52 pm

Clinton wasn't convicted, so it's a matter of opinion that he lied under oath. I think Clinton made misleading statements, but I do not think he committed perjury. How will Iraq help the US in the long run, by creating a new hotbed of terrorists and increasing anti-americanism throughout the world? Yes I heave heard about halliburton getting no-bid contracts in the past, I think the defense department is responsible for that, not Clinton, I blame the defense department for dealing with a crooked company like halliburton.

I think Mr. Clinton was an excellent president, and a pretty good person who made some big mistakes.  I'm not saying I approve of the Monica Lewinsky deal and such, but why should that make a difference on who I vote for?  Not that I can vote yet being a teen.

-FHF  ;)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/24/05 at 8:46 pm

I judge it every day since it's the basis of our country!!!! Much of it still exists in the mindset of American society.

Tanya

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/24/05 at 8:49 pm

Boy, that scandle really brought America to it's knees..

It should have. America seems to be under some 1984-type sheesh that they can't get out of. But, since many don't know or understand the concept of 1984 anyway, they'll have to find out the hard way.

Tanya

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/24/05 at 8:50 pm

How apparent is it that you flunked history??

Tanya

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/24/05 at 8:51 pm

I've heard Columbus' men sharpened knives with Native American flesh.  :P

He probably did after diseasing them.

Tanya

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/24/05 at 8:56 pm

He probably did after diseasing them.

Tanya
Says that lying professor at CU, who i will not talk about, sorry :-X ;)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/24/05 at 9:02 pm

Says that lying professor at CU, who i will not talk about, sorry :-X ;)

No one said the truth was pretty. It may have happened. Columbus did help bring disease like the other "explorers".

Tanya

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/24/05 at 10:10 pm

No one said the truth was pretty. It may have happened. Columbus did help bring disease like the other "explorers".

Tanya

I respect Lewis and Clark though.  Sacagawea was the real brains of the journey though.

Peace,
FullHouseFan

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/25/05 at 5:06 pm

Sacagawea was the real brains of the journey though.

Peace,
FullHouseFan

Yes, she was!

Tanya

Written By: Mushroom on 02/25/05 at 6:17 pm

Try moving to California.  There, they get "Julio Caesar Chavez Day" off.  It is an official state holiday.

I see nothing wrong with honoring the deeds of those that came before us.  Society and Civilization are built upon those that came before us.  Of course, why not just strike all holidays off of the books?  After all, Jesus was a White Caucasian Male also, was he not?  And why Passover?  Celebrating the death of millions of Egyptian males?  And while we are at it, strike out Mother's Day and Father's Day.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 02/25/05 at 6:31 pm

Tanya
His sources have stated that he chose to "alter" thier words...not saying bad things didn't happen, just that this guy thrives on bending the truth when and where he can ::)

Written By: sputnikcorp on 02/25/05 at 6:31 pm

I've heard Columbus' men sharpened knives with Native American flesh. :P

so did the vikings. as to the poster who said what did the vikings contribute to history...a republic state. iceland is the world's oldest longest held republic.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 02/25/05 at 11:18 pm

Try moving to California.  There, they get "Julio Caesar Chavez Day" off.  It is an official state holiday.

Between that and a having a street named after Castro, you really have to wonder about the people of the state of California.

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/26/05 at 6:33 pm

The lower one represents the impact of Clinton's lies, the upper one the impact of Lil' Georgie's "mis"informations".  So big lies cost no lives, and "faulty intelligence" costs hundreds of thousands, and a President getting an illicit B.J. is worse than a President making an unjust war of aggression and violating the Geneva conventions by tourturing people.  Get real.

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/26/05 at 6:54 pm

I voted to remember the past....  Those who are ignorant of history are condemned to repeat it, and our history, of genocide and slavery, need not be repeated and should not.  That is not to say that we should glorify all those dead white guys.  On the contrary, we should appreciate who they were, the times they lived in, and what that says about those who came before us. 

Check for new replies or respond here...