» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: What will Global Warming be in 2040?

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/22/05 at 12:24 am

I pick Option 3.

Subject: Re: What will Global Warming be in 2040?

Written By: bbigd04 on 02/22/05 at 12:27 am

I'd say overall warmer temperatures, but nothing extreme, more precipitation, flooding, storms, hurricanes.

Written By: sputnikcorp on 02/22/05 at 12:34 am

the world's permafrost is slowly melting. the ice caps are disappearing. it's predicted with 30 years that the fabled northwest passage will actually be navigatable during the summer. most of the worlds cities lie with 10 feet of sea level. expect yellow gondala taxies going about new york city and disney world being an aquatic park. holland would be underwater too.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/22/05 at 12:52 am

the world's permafrost is slowly melting. the ice caps are disappearing. it's predicted with 30 years that the fabled northwest passage will actually be navigatable during the summer. most of the worlds cities lie with 10 feet of sea level. expect yellow gondala taxies going about new york city and disney world being an aquatic park. holland would be underwater too.

What I'm worried about is New Orleans.  If one hurricane hits the right target goodbye Big Easy!

-FHF  :o

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/22/05 at 1:00 am

My suggestion?  Buy a boat.  ::)

Written By: ElDuderino on 02/22/05 at 1:05 am

What I'm worried about is New Orleans.  If one hurricane hits the right target goodbye Big Easy!

I hope not.  :\'(

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/22/05 at 1:07 am

I hope not.  :\'(

I hope not too.  :\'( 

Although Bourbon Street is supposed to be kinda lame. 

-FHF  :-\\

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/22/05 at 1:08 am

New Orleans is going in the drink, it's just a question of when.
Every year more and more of the "ragged sole" of the Louisiana boot disappears.  The Cajun culture so well-loved for its music and its cuisine is endangered.
I wouldn't invest in New Orleans.

Written By: jaytee on 02/22/05 at 7:05 am

Option 2 - little effect - I've just read an interesting article today about Global Warming.  There is this theory that the Pacific Island of Tuvalu is sinking but scientists are saying that in the next 20 or so years it will sink by a fraction of a centimetre ???  There were a whole lot of interesting statistics quoted which made me feel more optimistic.

Written By: Powerslave on 02/22/05 at 3:21 pm

Here's a story on the results of current global warming trends on the east coast of Australia:

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=9558

Written By: jaytee on 02/22/05 at 6:43 pm

Here's a story on the results of current global warming trends on the east coast of Australia:

Okay ... back to feeling pessimistic!

Written By: Powerslave on 02/22/05 at 6:52 pm

Unfortunately while people continue to believe that global warming is a fallacy, it's just going to keep getting worse. Pacific countries like Tuvalu and Kitibati will find this out the hard way: the highest point in Kiribati is 20m above sea level, but who cares about them?

Written By: Powerslave on 02/23/05 at 10:06 pm

On the other hand, I like to think it may begin to reverse itself. 

Global warming will be reversed eventually, but only when humanity stops speeding up the process of warming in the first place. Nature works a lot slower than man does; by the time the Earth has reversed the effects of man's desolation, it will be millions of years into the future.

Written By: Mister C on 02/23/05 at 11:11 pm

If global warming gives me tropical temperatures throughout winter in the midwest, I say bring it on.

Written By: EthanM on 02/24/05 at 1:04 am

Maybe that's part of the reason for the current environmental policies... The Christian Right doesn't like the partying in New Orleans so they plotted to raise the global temperature to smite the sinners with a flood. I think this kind of conspiracy theory is much better than the kind soldiers get sent overseas to die for.

Check for new replies or respond here...