» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Is the Universe a Matrix?

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/22/05 at 1:00 am

Is God just some alien schoolkid who created this world electronically for his own glory? 
Even seen the end of "Men In Black"?

Subject: Re: Is the Universe a Matrix?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/22/05 at 1:03 am

Is life a square circle?

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/22/05 at 1:04 am

Is life a square circle?

No such thing of course!  ;D Point?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/22/05 at 1:07 am

What if life is one big computer program or reality show?  :o

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/22/05 at 1:08 am

What if life is one big computer program or reality show?  :o

Seen the episode of "South Park" where Mankind is just a reality show for aliens to watch? I think it's kinda true.  We were created as a "show" to watch for bored E.T.s.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/22/05 at 1:09 am

The answer is 42.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/22/05 at 1:10 am

Seen the episode of "South Park" where Mankind is just a reality show for aliens to watch? I think it's kinda true.  We were created as a "show" to watch for bored E.T.s.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :o  ::)  ;D

Written By: sputnikcorp on 02/22/05 at 1:11 am

the buddhists believe that life is an illusion. a lot of eastern religions do, that the material world and the human body is just a vessel for the spirit and that the flesh is sinful. the matrix touches on this with it's percieved reality. i like to think it could be true, i'm reading up on gnosticism, manichaeism and the cathar heresies. interesting stuff and it reflects my current world view.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/22/05 at 1:12 am

the buddhists believe that life is an illusion. a lot of eastern religions do, that the material world and the human body is just a vessel for the spirit and that the flesh is sinful. the matrix touches on this with it's percieved reality. i like to think it could be true, i'm reading up on gnosticism, manichaeism and the cathar heresies. interesting stuff and it reflects my current world view.

I don't know if the body is sinful but it sure is nasty!  Under everyone's skin is a bunch of blood and gray goop.  :P

Written By: Powerslave on 02/22/05 at 3:28 pm

Agnosticism teaches that there are some things that are beyond human understanding. The meaning of life is one of those things. We can speculate on it, but we can never know for sure. Then again, you could just believe, like I do, that sometimes there is no "meaning". The universe is a chaos where things happen all the time for no reason. It is human nature to search for reason and meaning but most of the time, there's isn't any.

Written By: McDonald on 02/22/05 at 5:50 pm

Agnosticism teaches that there are some things that are beyond human understanding. The meaning of life is one of those things. We can speculate on it, but we can never know for sure. Then again, you could just believe, like I do, that sometimes there is no "meaning". The universe is a chaos where things happen all the time for no reason. It is human nature to search for reason and meaning but most of the time, there's isn't any.

It seems you and I share some basic beliefs. While I never claim wholehearted subscription to any "-ism," "agnostic" is a useful adjective when describing my beliefs.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/22/05 at 5:52 pm

It seems you and I share some basic beliefs. While I never claim wholehearted subscription to any "-ism," "agnostic" is a useful adjective when describing my beliefs.

I used to be Catholic, but now I think it bullshhh.  Heaven and Hell makes no sense and they have no respect for nonhuman life.

Written By: shiprunner12 on 02/24/05 at 1:23 pm

That be kind of depressing to think that there is no meaning for your life. That once you die your time on this earth is done and you and your thoughts and mind just disappear forever, hoping that maybe you've done something important enough to be recognized by others for a while but really it wouldn't matter because you wouldn't be around to enjoy the fame. As for me, though, I know what I'm here for.

Written By: Powerslave on 02/24/05 at 7:08 pm

That be kind of depressing to think that there is no meaning for your life. That once you die your time on this earth is done and you and your thoughts and mind just disappear forever, hoping that maybe you've done something important enough to be recognized by others for a while but really it wouldn't matter because you wouldn't be around to enjoy the fame. As for me, though, I know what I'm here for.

It's not that depressing. And you're not around to enjoy the fame of whatever you've done in your life after you pass on anyway, whether you believe in annihilation or not, so it doesn't really make any difference, does it? :) I'm happy that you know what you're here for, shiprunner. Most of us don't.

Check for new replies or respond here...