» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Is Islam a lie?

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/22/05 at 1:09 am

I've heard Mohammed made the stuff up and murdered people who wouldn't convert.

Besides, I believe what I think is right is the most likely explanation to the Universe.  Islam sounds crooked to me.

Subject: Re: Is Islam a lie?

Written By: sputnikcorp on 02/22/05 at 1:13 am

islam is more honest that the other two faiths of yaweh. in it's purest form, islam is very peaceful and tolerant of other beliefs. mohammad didn't like the hypocracies of the jews and the christians and set about with his own faith.

Written By: bbigd04 on 02/22/05 at 1:14 am

I've heard Mohammed made the stuff up and murdered people who wouldn't convert.

Besides, I believe what I think is right is the most likely explanation to the Universe.  Islam sounds crooked to me.

From what I've heard mohammed was a man of war. But christians have used war to spread their faith as well (crusades). It's a faith, some people believe in it, and that's fine, but when people kill in the name of it, I have a problem. Same goes for the christians who bomb abortion clinics and stuff. I think all religions could be lies, but who knows.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/22/05 at 1:18 am

Whether you are talking about Islam or LDS,
you ask a major philosophical question when you ask, "Is it a lie?"

Written By: McDonald on 02/22/05 at 1:21 am

Whether you are talking about Islam or LDS,
you ask a major philosophical question when you ask, "Is it a lie?"

Absolutely. I tend to think that all the major cornerstones and institutions of our world are based on illusions... lies. Possessions, Money, Love, Family, Religion, Work -these things are supposed to make us fulfilled. But in reality they are unsatisfying. Life is a terrible gift.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/22/05 at 1:25 am

Absolutely. I tend to think that all the major cornerstones and institutions of our world are based on illusions... lies. Possessions, Money, Love, Family, Religion, Work -these things are supposed to make us fulfilled. But in reality they are unsatisfying. Life is a terrible gift.

I wouldn't say that.  I think people created Hell and Love and your Dreams is all there is to live for.  I don't care what people think of me when I die.  I won't be around and if I am I won't remember.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/22/05 at 12:07 pm

I would say Christianity is more crooked. It has caused more deaths, tortures, and obscene living than any other religion.

BTW, I'm Christian and I can look honestly at my faith.

Tanya

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/22/05 at 12:33 pm

I would say Christianity is more crooked. It has caused more deaths, tortures, and obscene living than any other religion.

BTW, I'm Christian and I can look honestly at my faith.

Tanya

Yeah, unfortunately Christianity has done things in the past that aren't great:

The Crusades
Spanish Inquisition
Coverting "The Savages"
Burning people at the stake
Witch hunts and trials

Don't get me started on people and group who are "extreme" about Christianity and teleevanglists!

Written By: bbigd04 on 02/22/05 at 12:37 pm

Yeah, unfortunately Christianity has done things in the past that aren't great:

The Crusades
Spanish Inquisition
Coverting "The Savages"
Burning people at the stake
Witch hunts and trials

Don't get me started on people and group who are "extreme" about Christianity and teleevanglists!

Those people are crooks, they use god as a way to make cash for themselves.

Written By: sputnikcorp on 02/22/05 at 12:42 pm

Those people are crooks, they use god as a way to make cash for themselves.

agreed. too bad humanity can't see past it's own material greed.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/22/05 at 1:52 pm

agreed. too bad humanity can't see past it's own material greed.

It' s sad isn't it?

Written By: EthanM on 02/24/05 at 5:42 pm

According to the book that i wrote and nobody has bought yet, Islam was founded when Mohammeed got drunk with a human wwho had been alive and widely considered to be God. On the other hand, my book is essentially a lie being fictional and all.

Check for new replies or respond here...