» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: What were these US Troops thinking?

Written By: Indy Gent on 03/05/05 at 12:36 am

They shoot at an Italian hostage and kill a negotiator. Can someone explain this to me? ???

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/2005-03-04-italian-iraq-hostage_x.htm

Subject: Re: What were these US Troops thinking?

Written By: danootaandme on 03/05/05 at 7:42 am

It was nighttime, and the car was speeding through the checkpoint.  Unless the soldiers had prior information I don't see what else they could have done in that situation.  Like everything else about
this war it seems to have been a breakdown in intelligence.

Written By: sputnikcorp on 03/05/05 at 9:50 am

in combat there's only one rule: shoot first and ask questions later. unfortunatly this incident happened but the soldiers are only doing what they were trained to do and reacting to a precedent; speeding cars equals car bombs.

Written By: Indy Gent on 03/05/05 at 4:03 pm

Yep, war IS H3ll. :(

Written By: Don Carlos on 03/08/05 at 4:28 pm

What they were thinking was, apparantly, "kill the G D commie reporter and her dago, bribe-paying liberators.  If tourture is ok, and "rediction" (that is, disappearing people) is ok, how are we any differant than those "evil doers" we oppose?  "I have seen the enemy, and it is us".

Check for new replies or respond here...