» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: What should OJ have been sentenced to?

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/07/05 at 2:00 pm

I say Life Without Parole.  His murder seemed like a heat of the moment thing.

Now Scott Peterson, that psycho needs lethal injection.

-DR  ;)

Subject: Re: What should OJ have been sentenced to?

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/07/05 at 2:02 pm

You forgot "nothing".  He was found to be not guilty of committing the crime.

Added it  ;)  ;D

Written By: Leo Jay on 03/07/05 at 2:03 pm

Wasn't this, like, 10 years ago?

Written By: bbigd04 on 03/07/05 at 2:03 pm

I say Life Without Parole.  His murder seemed like a heat of the moment thing.

Now Scott Peterson, that psycho needs lethal injection.

-DR  ;)

Yeah, I agree. He most definitely did it, if he didn't do it, where is the real killer, seems like they can't find anyone else, because OJ is the one that did it. I think he should have gotten Life without parole as well. Yeah he was found not guilty, but everyone knows he did it and got away.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/07/05 at 2:05 pm

Wasn't this, like, 10 years ago?

Yup.  I just want to see people's sentiment on it  ;)

Written By: Leo Jay on 03/07/05 at 2:10 pm

Yup.  I just want to see people's sentiment on it  ;)

People get murdered every damm day -- why the public obsession just because the guy was a c-list celebrity?

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/07/05 at 2:12 pm

People get murdered every damm day -- why the public obsession just because the guy was a c-list celebrity?

i really dont know  ::)

Written By: Leo Jay on 03/07/05 at 2:15 pm

Yeah, I agree. He most definitely did it, if he didn't do it, where is the real killer, seems like they can't find anyone else, because OJ is the one that did it. I think he should have gotten Life without parole as well. Yeah he was found not guilty, but everyone knows he did it and got away.

Not that I really care about one murder out of the thousands that have been committed in the years since this stupid case, but... sure, on it's face it certainly seems that he 'MUST have done it, but at the same time, it's remarkable how 'everybody' is convinced of it, except the jurors who were in the courtroom hearing all the actual evidence.  ???    Everyone who ever caught a recap on Court TV considers themselves capable of offering an informed assessment...

Written By: Leo Jay on 03/07/05 at 2:17 pm

i really dont know  ::)

YOU DON'T KNOW?  It's your damm thread, dude!  Did something happen recently with regard to this case that I don't know about?

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/07/05 at 2:19 pm

YOU DON'T KNOW?  It's your damm thread, dude!  Did something happen recently with regard to this case that I don't know about?

Well the Jackson and Scott Peterson cases did.  I don't know exactly why it's such a huge deal, although "The Juice" was big back in the days.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 03/07/05 at 2:25 pm

He was found to be not guilty of committing the crime.

Oh please.  I honestly don't know how the members on that jury who said not guilty can sleep at night.  If I had done what OJ did, I'd be on death row.

Written By: Leo Jay on 03/07/05 at 2:27 pm

Oh please.  I honestly don't know how the members on that jury who said not guilty can sleep at night.  If I had done what OJ did, I'd be on death row.

Clearly, it was a black conspiracy.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/07/05 at 3:39 pm

I didn't say I thought he was innocent, I just said he was found "not guilty" ;)

Yup-the two are definatelly not the same.

Cat

Written By: Indy Gent on 03/07/05 at 3:49 pm

I'm with crazymom there. He might have been guilty, but there was reasonable doubt. Plus the prosecution team on that trial should never attempt to convict another person, especially if O.J. "kills" again.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/07/05 at 4:37 pm

I didn't say I thought he was innocent, I just said he was found "not guilty" ;)

I see :)  I was more laughing at people who actually think he's innocent.  I think it's a 99.9% chance he really did it.  I mean, even more than Scott Peterson they found circumstantial evidence.

Written By: AL-B on 03/09/05 at 4:49 pm

The public was obsessed with it because the media hyped it as "THE TRIAL OF THE CENTURY!!!" Too many people get obsessed with things just because their TV's tell them to.

(I felt exactly the same way about the Scott Peterson case, and I often wondered just why I was supposed to care about it.)

Written By: Leo Jay on 03/09/05 at 4:58 pm

The public was obsessed with it because the media hyped it as "THE TRIAL OF THE CENTURY!!!" Too many people get obsessed with things just because their TV's tell them to.

(I felt exactly the same way about the Scott Peterson case, and I often wondered just why I was supposed to care about it.)

Oh, that one I get -- she had cute dimples.  ::)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/09/05 at 8:02 pm

I was obsessed with the case for the victims and thier families sakes...not OJ's but the Goldmans and Browns...as well as the children. He got away with it. He begged people to help him find the "Real Killers"...have we heard pleas from him since the trial...NO! "Judge" Ito should've lost his right to be a judge after letting the defense turn this trial every which way but justice. Had Mark Furman been on trial for being a racist then I'd hoped he would've been punished...but this trial was not about him. It was about a "Man" who got away with killing two innocent people. I think  he should've been sentenced to life without parole but being a rich and famous jerk he's probably have gotten TV, and internet. So I think it would have been fitting to sentence him to death.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/09/05 at 10:39 pm

I was obsessed with the case for the victims and thier families sakes...not OJ's but the Goldmans and Browns...as well as the children. He got away with it. He begged people to help him find the "Real Killers"...have we heard pleas from him since the trial...NO! "Judge" Ito should've lost his right to be a judge after letting the defense turn this trial every which way but justice. Had Mark Furman been on trial for being a racist then I'd hoped he would've been punished...but this trial was not about him. It was about a "Man" who got away with killing two innocent people. I think  he should've been sentenced to life without parole but being a rich and famous jerk he's probably have gotten TV, and internet. So I think it would have been fitting to sentence him to death.

Yeah it wouldn't be fair to let him have tv and the Net.  Feel assured that he's miserable though, despite being free.  I mean, who likes OJ?  :D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/10/05 at 12:37 am

I don't condone capital punishment.
However, I think OJ is guilty of sneaking up behind his wife and Mr. Goldman and murdering them in a most grisly and ruthless fashion--multiple stabbings.
If I had my druthers, the Juice would be serving life without parole--in a cell with the meanest father-raper of them all!

As for Johnnie Cochrane, I would exile him to Wrangell Island and let him deal with some new WHITE clients--hungry polar bears.  It would be for the public good, really!
;)

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/10/05 at 12:46 am

However, I think OJ is guilty of sneaking up behind his wife and Mr. Goldman and murdering them in a most grisly and ruthless fashion--multiple stabbings.
If I had my druthers, the Juice would be serving life without parole--in a cell with the meanest father-raper of them all!

As for Johnnie Cochrane, I would exile him to Wrangell Island and let him deal with some new WHITE clients--hungry polar bears.  It would be for the public good, really!
;)

I don't think I'd want him raped, after all OJ has no love in his life, why rape too?  But I wouldn't care much if he was raped either, and besides he's a sick man.  >:( 

I've said I don't think he's escaped suffering.  He might be free but he's paid for his sick deed by losing his soul.  I do wish he was in prison though.  Death penalty, no.  His was a crime of the moment, he's not a serial murdered in my opinion.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/10/05 at 12:53 am

I don't think I'd want him raped, after all OJ has no love in his life, why rape too?  But I wouldn't care much if he was raped either, and besides he's a sick man.  >:( 

I've said I don't think he's escaped suffering.  He might be free but he's paid for his sick deed by losing his soul.  I do wish he was in prison though.  Death penalty, no.  His was a crime of the moment, he's not a serial murdered in my opinion.

That's an interesting point of view.  He lost his soul, he's a pariah, and he must live with his deeds.  His sentence would be an albatross--if he had a conscience.  Unfortunately, I think O.J. is a sociopath and incapable of appreciating the severity of his trespasses.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/10/05 at 9:35 pm

;)
I say just stick OJ and Michael "Flit Boy" Jackson in the same cell...and to H e l l with BOTH of them!

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/10/05 at 9:37 pm

I say just stick OJ and Michael "Flit Boy" Jackson in the same cell...and to H e l l with BOTH of them!

Screw those losers!  >:(

-DR  ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/10/05 at 9:46 pm

Screw those losers!  >:(

-DR  ;)
Well...Flit boy would do all the screwing....but make no mistake, they ARE both losers and they both make me wanna http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/prank/puke.gif

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/10/05 at 11:48 pm

Well...Flit boy would do all the screwing....but make no mistake, they ARE both losers and they both make me wanna http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/prank/puke.gif

Seriously though, I don't wish eternal torture on anybody, even those a@@holes.  But Flit Boy would do the screwing and OJ would do the stabbing  ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/11/05 at 12:04 am

Seriously though, I don't wish eternal torture on anybody, even those a@@holes.  But Flit Boy would do the screwing and OJ would do the stabbing  ;D
Yeah, believe it or not, I don't wish torture for Blaines killers but it sometimes takes all I have in my soul not to :-\\

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/11/05 at 12:10 am

Yeah, believe it or not, I don't wish torture for Blaines killers but it sometimes takes all I have in my soul not to :-\\

That's really noble :)  I doubt I'd be that forgiving.

-DR :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/11/05 at 11:39 am

That's really noble :)  I doubt I'd be that forgiving.

-DR :)
;) Well, OJ and Jackson share that they say they didn't do anything wrong (Scott Peterson said the same thing) and I think even if they did they'd NEVER show any remorse...Blaines killer shed some crocodile tears after he was allowed to speak to me and my family....he told us how sorry he was and sounded sincere about it...so while I probably will never talk to him at least he showed some remorse :-\\

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/11/05 at 2:20 pm

;) Well, OJ and Jackson share that they say they didn't do anything wrong (Scott Peterson said the same thing) and I think even if they did they'd NEVER show any remorse...Blaines killer shed some crocodile tears after he was allowed to speak to me and my family....he told us how sorry he was and sounded sincere about it...so while I probably will never talk to him at least he showed some remorse :-\\

True.  I don't forgive people who aren't sorry.  If they are sorry, I believe they deserve forgiveness but it often takes great effort to give it. 

As for OJ being sorry, maybe but I don't know.  SP?  No, not one bit  >:(

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/13/05 at 1:18 pm

True.  I don't forgive people who aren't sorry.  If they are sorry, I believe they deserve forgiveness but it often takes great effort to give it. 

As for OJ being sorry, maybe but I don't know.  SP?  No, not one bit  >:(
What also galls me is "People" like flit boy Jackson...who will likely get away with it as well...forget him or OJ ever saying they're sorry because in what's left of thier sick twisted little minds, they believe they did nothing wrong >:(

Check for new replies or respond here...