» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Who's Worse: Osama or Saddam

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/07/05 at 9:48 pm

I'm going to say equal.  Osama's a terrorist who assaults other countries so he can obtain glory whereas Saddam is a psycho who's killed hundreds of thousands. 

Subject: Re: Who's Worse: Osama or Saddam

Written By: UKVisitor on 03/07/05 at 10:52 pm

Not a big fan of either - bit like saying what'dya fancy death by impaling on a spike or death by burning at the stake.... hmmmm, difficult choice. As to whose worse off it has to be Saddam as he's in the clink under lock and key while Osama's probably on a beach somewhere in Californie learning to surf having had a bit of plastic nip and tuck courtesy of his rich relatives.

Hang Ten, surfer terrorist dude !!! :D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/08/05 at 12:46 pm

Both.

Written By: Don Carlos on 03/08/05 at 3:20 pm

Haven't voted yet, because the question is so nebulous.  Worse how?  Worse in general?  the more power one has, the worse one can be.  Worse in terms of people killed? Also a direct relationship to power.  Worse in terms of effect on the US?  That becomes a question of reach.

Obviously, both are bad dudes who no sane western secularist could support.  I guess I just don't think much of the question.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/08/05 at 5:08 pm

Haven't voted yet, because the question is so nebulous.  Worse how?  Worse in general?  the more power one has, the worse one can be.  Worse in terms of people killed? Also a direct relationship to power.  Worse in terms of effect on the US?  That becomes a question of reach.

Obviously, both are bad dudes who no sane western secularist could support.  I guess I just don't think much of the question.

I guess bad in how corrupt and dangerous you think they are to the world/their country.

Written By: EthanM on 03/08/05 at 5:45 pm

and what is osama's country?

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/08/05 at 5:47 pm

and what is osama's country?

Saudi Arabia I guess.

Written By: shiprunner12 on 03/08/05 at 6:23 pm

I say equal.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/08/05 at 10:16 pm

Too hard to quantify.

For sheer human misery, persecution, torture, and body count, Saddam is the clear winner!!!

However, Saddam poses no threat to us.

Osama is still out there.
:o

And something tells me if Osama got to run his own country, he'd get up to the same abuses as Saddam, with a whole other reason for persecution, religiosity.  Not to mention he would be happy to have me killed!  However, that's all speculative.

So all told, I would have to say they are, uh, equally worse!
:D

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/08/05 at 10:36 pm

I say Osama is worse. And the reason why is his motivations are religious, and so he would severly restrict women's rights if he ran a country(at least Saddam didn't do that). Also, I would not be allowed to live if I was in a country he ran, for I am non-religious. If I had been unfortunate enough to been an Iraqi under Hussein's regime, I'd have been ok as long as I didn't go up against the regime. What I mean is, I don't think Saddam has any problem with atheists. I never heard of him conducting any religious persecution of that nature anyway.

Written By: whitewolf on 03/08/05 at 11:22 pm

They both remind me of Hitler, wanting to get rid of the "bad" people (in their opinion) and have a perfect race.

All are horrible

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/08/05 at 11:27 pm

They both remind me of Hitler, wanting to get rid of the "bad" people (in their opinion) and have a perfect race.

All are horrible

Hussein is a pan-Arabist, and has committed genocide. But bin Laden has no racial motivations.

Written By: goodsin on 03/09/05 at 4:39 am

Saddam was worse skin. And his beard, when he was captured, left a lot to be desired. Osama has good skin, and keeps his beard tidy. This might seem flippant, but I can't separate them along the lines other people have, as I do not share the same strength of feeling against them. I would say Osama is more of a danger to the US currently, but then Saddam wasn't a danger to the US in the first place.

Written By: whitewolf on 03/09/05 at 8:29 am

Hussein is a pan-Arabist, and has committed genocide. But bin Laden has no racial motivations.

What I meant about Bin Laden was that he is convinced that people on this side of the world are all sinners and need to be wiped out.

Check for new replies or respond here...