» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Bush says Iraq attack made America safe

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 03/20/05 at 4:19 am

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3222930a12,00.html

What about Iraq? I don't see the Iraqi people going on about how safe they are now.

Subject: Re: Bush says Iraq attack made America safe

Written By: EthanM on 03/20/05 at 12:55 pm

same for afghanistan. I read in an article yesterday that people are so afraid of the government there that some of them, who hated the Taliban when it was in power, would prefer the Taliban to what they have now for security reasons.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/20/05 at 5:36 pm

OH PULLLEEEEAAASSSEEE!!!! Safe, my @$$. With the invasion of Iraq, it had made a breeding ground for new recuits to Al Quada. It gave many people MORE reason to hate the U.S. (some who didn't hate us before but do now). I don't feel any safer. In fact, I think we are less safe than we were two years ago.

Cat

Written By: Don Carlos on 03/20/05 at 7:00 pm

Of course Bush says that.  What else can he say?  He lied to us about WMD, about Saddam and 9/11, he lied (and has now retracted those lies) about Social Security, and much more.  The man wouldn't know the truth if he fell over it, or if Laura was using it as a vib... I woun't say that.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/20/05 at 11:31 pm

Define the word..... "safe"......  ::)

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/21/05 at 3:44 pm

sure it's safer.  Safer for American oil industry profits.

Written By: Don Carlos on 03/21/05 at 3:48 pm

Got that right, if they can ever get those pipelines open.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/21/05 at 3:51 pm

And Haliburton will do most of the profitting.

Written By: Don Carlos on 03/21/05 at 3:56 pm

And Haliburton will do most of the profitting.

And through Halliburton so will cheney and Lil' Georgie.

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/21/05 at 4:13 pm

Got that right, if they can ever get those pipelines open.

don't need to.  As long as the price of oil is higher, and maninpulated by news reports of problems with supply, there's plenty of profits to be had by everyone except the Iraqi's and the American public.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 03/21/05 at 4:44 pm

"Stabilizing" Iraq will help the US get a better handle on Iran (which they plan on attacking in the next few years... but I'm sure you all knew that, right?)

Written By: Don Carlos on 03/21/05 at 4:53 pm

don't need to.  As long as the price of oil is higher, and maninpulated by news reports of problems with supply, there's plenty of profits to be had by everyone except the Iraqi's and the American public.

Of course.

"Stabilizing" Iraq will help the US get a better handle on Iran (which they plan on attacking in the next few years... but I'm sure you all knew that, right?)

Uh Du.  Of course thar is part of the neocon agenda.

Written By: philbo on 03/21/05 at 5:34 pm

Define the word..... "safe"...... ::)

To quote Arthur Dent: "Ah, this is obviously some strange usage of the word 'safe' that I wasn't previously aware of."

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/21/05 at 6:43 pm

To quote Arthur Dent: "Ah, this is obviously some strange usage of the word 'safe' that I wasn't previously aware of."

;D ;D ;D

Arthur Dent is most apropos here.  This administration has a very Hitchhiker's Guide quality to it, and Tom DeLay definitely knows where his towel is!
Sometimes I wish the Vogons would show up on the White House lawn!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/21/05 at 9:47 pm

Stablizing, final, new, improved, and last.... words that get used so often that they lost their meaning.  ::)

Written By: goodsin on 03/22/05 at 10:45 am

same for afghanistan. I read in an article yesterday that people are so afraid of the government there that some of them, who hated the Taliban when it was in power, would prefer the Taliban to what they have now for security reasons.

I've read that opium production has increased four-fold since the last US 'intervention' in Afghanistan. As Europe's biggest user of heroin, the UK is expecting a flood of cheap heroin any time now...another wondeful gift from the US foreign policy!

Written By: Don Carlos on 03/22/05 at 5:05 pm

I've read that opium production has increased four-fold since the last US 'intervention' in Afghanistan. As Europe's biggest user of heroin, the UK is expecting a flood of cheap heroin any time now...another wondeful gift from the US foreign policy!

Hey, relax, have a fix, enjoy.

Check for new replies or respond here...