» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Are Christians anti-forgiveness?

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/22/05 at 9:20 pm

I don't know, but it seem to me like many, if not most Christians believe in forgiveness only in theory.  That is, vengeance is good and only God needs to forgive people for their wrongs.  Of course that's contradictory to the Bible, but many Christians seem to believe violence is the answer to things. 

Then there's some who do ill, than turn around and ask for forgiveness. After all Earth is only a test.

Me, I think Jesus would spit on the Christians that do think that way.

Subject: Re: Are Christians anti-forgiveness?

Written By: whitewolf on 03/22/05 at 9:56 pm

I don't know, but it seem to me like many, if not most Christians believe in forgiveness only in theory.  That is, vengeance is good and only God needs to forgive people for their wrongs.  Of course that's contradictory to the Bible, but many Christians seem to believe violence is the answer to things. 

Then there's some who do ill, than turn around and ask for forgiveness. After all Earth is only a test.

People who are Christian, are only human, the same as everyone else, make mistakes the same as everyone else, but they turn to god for forgiveness. It don't matter if another human being forgives them as long as God does.

Written By: Apricot on 03/22/05 at 9:58 pm

They seem to favor retribution like with the death penalty. "An eye for an eye" is not in the Bible, it is in the Code of Hammurabi. A set of laws for the Babylonians. And Christians didn't like them.

Written By: sputnikcorp on 03/22/05 at 10:30 pm

People who are Christian, are only human, the same as everyone else, make mistakes the same as everyone else, but they turn to god for forgiveness. It don't matter if another human being forgives them as long as God does.

i agree.

Written By: MooRocca on 03/22/05 at 11:08 pm

They seem to favor retribution like with the death penalty. "An eye for an eye" is not in the Bible, it is in the Code of Hammurabi. A set of laws for the Babylonians. And Christians didn't like them.

It most certainly IS in the bible:
Exodus 21:23-25  "And if any mischeif follow, then thou shalt give life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe."

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/22/05 at 11:10 pm

Not if they are Christian Christans.  If they are American evangelical nutjobs they want to see as many people as possible go to hell so there will be more room for their righteous golf carts and SUVs in heaven!

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/22/05 at 11:15 pm

In order to obtain my "forgivenness", the trespasser must first show remorse, apologize, and show true sign of not continuing to trespass.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/22/05 at 11:22 pm

In order to obtain my "forgivenness", the trespasser must first show remorse, apologize, and show true sign of not continuing to trespass.

That's not what Jesus said, but then again, the King James Bible is liberally biased.  I know from the Republican evan-jelly-beans that Jesus was a superhero ubermensch who cut men in two with giant sabers and had a blood-curdling thirst for revenge against non-believers.  The central message of Christianity unbound by liberal bias is: Every man for himself and kill the poor and the sick. Jesus also said, "Grabbeth as much as you can, howevereth you may, for thine own personal enrichment, nevermindeth the other guy, if he getteth in your way, sue-eth his azz off!"
:D

Brian Damaged wrote:
Stop bashing Christians and religion please!
Don't tell it to me, tell it to the rightwing a-holes who profane the name of Christ with their vulgar, cynical hypocrisy day in, day out.  I love Jesus and what Jesus stood for.  It's the crackpot conservative evangelicals who are perverting the central messages of Christianity with their political grandstanding and lies.  Your problem is with them, not me.

Written By: Brian Damaged on 03/22/05 at 11:36 pm

That's not what Jesus said, but then again, the King James Bible is liberally biased.  I know from the Republican evan-jelly-beans that Jesus was a superhero ubermensch who cut men in two with giant sabers and had a blood-curdling thirst for revenge against non-believers.  The central message of Christianity unbound by liberal bias is: Every man for himself and kill the poor and the sick. Jesus also said, "Grabbeth as much as you can, howevereth you may, for thine own personal enrichment, nevermindeth the other guy, if he getteth in your way, sue-eth his azz off!"
:D

Brian Damaged wrote:Don't tell it to me, tell it to the rightwing a-holes who profane the name of Christ with their vulgar, cynical hypocrisy day in, day out.  I love Jesus and what Jesus stood for.  It's the crackpot conservative evangelicals who are perverting the central messages of Christianity with their political grandstanding and lies.  Your problem is with them, not me.

So why are you answering me?

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/23/05 at 12:00 am

Lyricboy, that's my standard too. :)  Some, not all, Christians seem to think that isn't enough and that a "sinner is always a sinner and has not the right to change".

I'm sorry.  I'm not bashing all Christians, just the hypocritical ones.  I'm sure you're a good Christian :)

Written By: Harmonica on 03/23/05 at 1:22 pm

what exactly is forgiveness?

I'll get more than one answer to this, that I know.

Written By: Apricot on 03/23/05 at 3:40 pm

I don't see any bashing.

Written By: Don Carlos on 03/23/05 at 3:56 pm

My problem with most Christians (and I am not one) is their "holier than thou" atttitude.  Like most people, I have done things in my life of which I am not proud - I am a falibale human.  But I admit my frialties, and that I don't always l;ive up to my own code of ethics.  Most "christians" that I know also don't, but refuse to admit their failings and act in such a f...ing surerior way that it is disagusting.  I much prefer the Wiccan belief - "do what you will, harm none" - to their "believe as I do or go to hell" attitude.  The principles of Christianity are, in many ways, very beutiful.  I look forward to meeting a Christian who really believes and lives by them without "the attitude".

Written By: Mistress Leola on 03/23/05 at 3:56 pm

Does it matter?  Forgiveness is not for the other person's benefit -- it's for your own.

Written By: Apricot on 03/23/05 at 4:28 pm

This morning there was a knock at my door. When I answered the door I found a well groomed, nicely dressed couple. The man spoke first:

John:
"Hi! I'm John, and this is Mary."

Mary:
"Hi! We're here to invite you to come kiss Hank's ass with us."

Me:
"Pardon me?! What are you talking about? Who's Hank, and why would I want to kiss His ass?"

John:
"If you kiss Hank's ass, He'll give you a million dollars; and if you don't, He'll kick the sheesh out of you."

Me:
"What? Is this some sort of bizarre mob shake-down?"

John:
"Hank is a billionaire philanthropist. Hank built this town. Hank owns this town. He can do whatever He wants, and what He wants is to give you a million dollars, but He can't until you kiss His ass."

Me:
"That doesn't make any sense. Why..."

Mary:
"Who are you to question Hank's gift? Don't you want a million dollars? Isn't it worth a little kiss on the ass?"

Me:
"Well maybe, if it's legit, but..."

John:
"Then come kiss Hank's ass with us."

Me:
"Do you kiss Hank's ass often?"

Mary:
"Oh yes, all the time..."

Me:
"And has He given you a million dollars?"

John:
"Well no. You don't actually get the money until you leave town."

Me:
"So why don't you just leave town now?"

Mary:
"You can't leave until Hank tells you to, or you don't get the money, and He kicks the sheesh out of you."

Me:
"Do you know anyone who kissed Hank's ass, left town, and got the million dollars?"

John:
"My mother kissed Hank's ass for years. She left town last year, and I'm sure she got the money."

Me:
"Haven't you talked to her since then?"

John:
"Of course not, Hank doesn't allow it."

Me:
"So what makes you think He'll actually give you the money if you've never talked to anyone who got the money?"

Mary:
"Well, He gives you a little bit before you leave. Maybe you'll get a raise, maybe you'll win a small lotto, maybe you'll just find a twenty-dollar bill on the street."

Me:
"What's that got to do with Hank?"

John:
"Hank has certain 'connections.'"

Me:
"I'm sorry, but this sounds like some sort of bizarre con game."

John:
"But it's a million dollars, can you really take the chance? And remember, if you don't kiss Hank's ass He'll kick the sheesh of you."

Me:
"Maybe if I could see Hank, talk to Him, get the details straight from Him..."

Mary:
"No one sees Hank, no one talks to Hank."

Me:
"Then how do you kiss His ass?"

John:
"Sometimes we just blow Him a kiss, and think of His ass. Other times we kiss Karl's ass, and he passes it on."

Me:
"Who's Karl?"

Mary:
"A friend of ours. He's the one who taught us all about kissing Hank's ass. All we had to do was take him out to dinner a few times."

Me:
"And you just took his word for it when he said there was a Hank, that Hank wanted you to kiss His ass, and that Hank would reward you?"

John:
"Oh no! Karl has a letter he got from Hank years ago explaining the whole thing. Here's a copy; see for yourself."

** From the desk of Karl **

Kiss Hank's ass and He'll give you a million dollars when you leave town.
Use alcohol in moderation.
Kick the sheesh out of people who aren't like you.
Eat right.
Hank dictated this list Himself.
The moon is made of green cheese.
Everything Hank says is right.
Wash your hands after going to the bathroom.
Don't use alcohol.
Eat your wieners on buns, no condiments.
Kiss Hank's ass or He'll kick the sheesh out of you.

Me:
"This appears to be written on Karl's letterhead."

Mary:
"Hank didn't have any paper."

Me:
"I have a hunch that if we checked we'd find this is Karl's handwriting."

John:
"Of course, Hank dictated it."

Me:
"I thought you said no one gets to see Hank?"

Mary:
"Not now, but years ago He would talk to some people."

Me:
"I thought you said He was a philanthropist. What sort of philanthropist kicks the sheesh out of people just because they're different?"

Mary:
"It's what Hank wants, and Hank's always right."

Me:
"How do you figure that?"

Mary:
"Item 7 says 'Everything Hank says is right.' That's good enough for me!"

Me:
"Maybe your friend Karl just made the whole thing up."

John:
"No way! Item 5 says 'Hank dictated this list himself.' Besides, item 2 says 'Use alcohol in moderation,' Item 4 says 'Eat right,' and item 8 says 'Wash your hands after going to the bathroom.' Everyone knows those things are right, so the rest must be true, too."

Me:
"But 9 says 'Don't use alcohol.' which doesn't quite go with item 2, and 6 says 'The moon is made of green cheese,' which is just plain wrong."

John:
"There's no contradiction between 9 and 2, 9 just clarifies 2. As far as 6 goes, you've never been to the moon, so you can't say for sure."

Me:
"Scientists have pretty firmly established that the moon is made of rock..."

Mary:
"But they don't know if the rock came from the Earth, or from out of space, so it could just as easily be green cheese."

Me:
"I'm not really an expert, but I think the theory that the Moon was somehow 'captured' by the Earth has been discounted*. Besides, not knowing where the rock came from doesn't make it cheese."

John:
"Ha! You just admitted that scientists make mistakes, but we know Hank is always right!"

Me:
"We do?"

Mary:
"Of course we do, Item 7 says so."

Me:
"You're saying Hank's always right because the list says so, the list is right because Hank dictated it, and we know that Hank dictated it because the list says so. That's circular logic, no different than saying 'Hank's right because He says He's right.'"

John:
"Now you're getting it! It's so rewarding to see someone come around to Hank's way of thinking."

Me:
"But...oh, never mind. What's the deal with wieners?"

Mary:
She blushes.

John:
"Wieners, in buns, no condiments. It's Hank's way. Anything else is wrong."

Me:
"What if I don't have a bun?"

John:
"No bun, no wiener. A wiener without a bun is wrong."

Me:
"No relish? No Mustard?"

Mary:
She looks positively stricken.

John:
He's shouting. "There's no need for such language! Condiments of any kind are wrong!"

Me:
"So a big pile of sauerkraut with some wieners chopped up in it would be out of the question?"

Mary:
Sticks her fingers in her ears. "I am not listening to this. La la la, la la, la la la."

John:
"That's disgusting. Only some sort of evil deviant would eat that..."

Me:
"It's good! I eat it all the time."

Mary:
She faints.

John:
He catches Mary. "Well, if I'd known you were one of those I wouldn't have wasted my time. When Hank kicks the sheesh out of you I'll be there, counting my money and laughing. I'll kiss Hank's ass for you, you bunless cut-wienered kraut-eater."

With this, John dragged Mary to their waiting car, and sped off.

Thought someone might enjoy that.

Written By: Don Carlos on 03/23/05 at 4:30 pm

Does it matter?  Forgiveness is not for the other person's benefit -- it's for your own.

I can really agree with this.  In a way it goes to the Wiccan 3 - fold rule.  Your deeds will be wisited upon you three fold, both good and evil.  Not sure I buy that completely, but there does seem to be a relationship.  Do good, ot ill and either way, it does seem to come back to you.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/23/05 at 4:53 pm

Does it matter?  Forgiveness is not for the other person's benefit -- it's for your own.

I think there's 3 reasons to forgive, from most to least:

1. Finding peace in yourself
2. Keeping world order
3. Turning the bad good

Written By: ladybug316 on 03/23/05 at 5:03 pm

This morning there was a knock at my door. When I answered the door I found a well groomed, nicely dressed couple. The man spoke first:

John:
"Hi! I'm John, and this is Mary."

Mary:
"Hi! We're here to invite you to come kiss Hank's a** with us."

Me:
"Pardon me?! What are you talking about? Who's Hank, and why would I want to kiss His a**?"

John:
"If you kiss Hank's a**, He'll give you a million dollars; and if you don't, He'll kick the sh** out of you."

Me:
"What? Is this some sort of bizarre mob shake-down?"

John:
"Hank is a billionaire philanthropist. Hank built this town. Hank owns this town. He can do whatever He wants, and what He wants is to give you a million dollars, but He can't until you kiss His a**."

Me:
"That doesn't make any sense. Why..."

Mary:
"Who are you to question Hank's gift? Don't you want a million dollars? Isn't it worth a little kiss on the a**?"

Me:
"Well maybe, if it's legit, but..."

John:
"Then come kiss Hank's a** with us."

Me:
"Do you kiss Hank's a** often?"

Mary:
"Oh yes, all the time..."

Me:
"And has He given you a million dollars?"

John:
"Well no. You don't actually get the money until you leave town."

Me:
"So why don't you just leave town now?"

Mary:
"You can't leave until Hank tells you to, or you don't get the money, and He kicks the sh** out of you."

Me:
"Do you know anyone who kissed Hank's a**, left town, and got the million dollars?"

John:
"My mother kissed Hank's a** for years. She left town last year, and I'm sure she got the money."

Me:
"Haven't you talked to her since then?"

John:
"Of course not, Hank doesn't allow it."

Me:
"So what makes you think He'll actually give you the money if you've never talked to anyone who got the money?"

Mary:
"Well, He gives you a little bit before you leave. Maybe you'll get a raise, maybe you'll win a small lotto, maybe you'll just find a twenty-dollar bill on the street."

Me:
"What's that got to do with Hank?"

John:
"Hank has certain 'connections.'"

Me:
"I'm sorry, but this sounds like some sort of bizarre con game."

John:
"But it's a million dollars, can you really take the chance? And remember, if you don't kiss Hank's a** He'll kick the sh** of you."

Me:
"Maybe if I could see Hank, talk to Him, get the details straight from Him..."

Mary:
"No one sees Hank, no one talks to Hank."

Me:
"Then how do you kiss His a**?"

John:
"Sometimes we just blow Him a kiss, and think of His a**. Other times we kiss Karl's a**, and he passes it on."

Me:
"Who's Karl?"

Mary:
"A friend of ours. He's the one who taught us all about kissing Hank's a**. All we had to do was take him out to dinner a few times."

Me:
"And you just took his word for it when he said there was a Hank, that Hank wanted you to kiss His a**, and that Hank would reward you?"

John:
"Oh no! Karl has a letter he got from Hank years ago explaining the whole thing. Here's a copy; see for yourself."

** From the desk of Karl **

Kiss Hank's a** and He'll give you a million dollars when you leave town.
Use alcohol in moderation.
Kick the sh** out of people who aren't like you.
Eat right.
Hank dictated this list Himself.
The moon is made of green cheese.
Everything Hank says is right.
Wash your hands after going to the bathroom.
Don't use alcohol.
Eat your wieners on buns, no condiments.
Kiss Hank's a** or He'll kick the sh** out of you.

Me:
"This appears to be written on Karl's letterhead."

Mary:
"Hank didn't have any paper."

Me:
"I have a hunch that if we checked we'd find this is Karl's handwriting."

John:
"Of course, Hank dictated it."

Me:
"I thought you said no one gets to see Hank?"

Mary:
"Not now, but years ago He would talk to some people."

Me:
"I thought you said He was a philanthropist. What sort of philanthropist kicks the sh** out of people just because they're different?"

Mary:
"It's what Hank wants, and Hank's always right."

Me:
"How do you figure that?"

Mary:
"Item 7 says 'Everything Hank says is right.' That's good enough for me!"

Me:
"Maybe your friend Karl just made the whole thing up."

John:
"No way! Item 5 says 'Hank dictated this list himself.' Besides, item 2 says 'Use alcohol in moderation,' Item 4 says 'Eat right,' and item 8 says 'Wash your hands after going to the bathroom.' Everyone knows those things are right, so the rest must be true, too."

Me:
"But 9 says 'Don't use alcohol.' which doesn't quite go with item 2, and 6 says 'The moon is made of green cheese,' which is just plain wrong."

John:
"There's no contradiction between 9 and 2, 9 just clarifies 2. As far as 6 goes, you've never been to the moon, so you can't say for sure."

Me:
"Scientists have pretty firmly established that the moon is made of rock..."

Mary:
"But they don't know if the rock came from the Earth, or from out of space, so it could just as easily be green cheese."

Me:
"I'm not really an expert, but I think the theory that the Moon was somehow 'captured' by the Earth has been discounted*. Besides, not knowing where the rock came from doesn't make it cheese."

John:
"Ha! You just admitted that scientists make mistakes, but we know Hank is always right!"

Me:
"We do?"

Mary:
"Of course we do, Item 7 says so."

Me:
"You're saying Hank's always right because the list says so, the list is right because Hank dictated it, and we know that Hank dictated it because the list says so. That's circular logic, no different than saying 'Hank's right because He says He's right.'"

John:
"Now you're getting it! It's so rewarding to see someone come around to Hank's way of thinking."

Me:
"But...oh, never mind. What's the deal with wieners?"

Mary:
She blushes.

John:
"Wieners, in buns, no condiments. It's Hank's way. Anything else is wrong."

Me:
"What if I don't have a bun?"

John:
"No bun, no wiener. A wiener without a bun is wrong."

Me:
"No relish? No Mustard?"

Mary:
She looks positively stricken.

John:
He's shouting. "There's no need for such language! Condiments of any kind are wrong!"

Me:
"So a big pile of sauerkraut with some wieners chopped up in it would be out of the question?"

Mary:
Sticks her fingers in her ears. "I am not listening to this. La la la, la la, la la la."

John:
"That's disgusting. Only some sort of evil deviant would eat that..."

Me:
"It's good! I eat it all the time."

Mary:
She faints.

John:
He catches Mary. "Well, if I'd known you were one of those I wouldn't have wasted my time. When Hank kicks the sh** out of you I'll be there, counting my money and laughing. I'll kiss Hank's a** for you, you bunless cut-wienered kraut-eater."

With this, John dragged Mary to their waiting car, and sped off.

Thought someone might enjoy that.
I enjoyed that immensly.  Thanks for the laugh!

Written By: Apricot on 03/23/05 at 5:04 pm

1. Finding peace in yourself
2. Keeping world order
3. Turning the bad good

I agree with 1 and {partially}3, but not 2.

And I'm glad someone enjoyed it, ladybug.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/23/05 at 5:11 pm

I agree with 1 and {partially}3, but not 2.

And I'm glad someone enjoyed it, ladybug.

Well 2 means that if we had to avenge everything, we wouldn't make it as a race. 3 is only if the offender is willing to change.  1 is obvious.

Written By: Apricot on 03/23/05 at 5:40 pm

Whoa, what happened, Devo?

Written By: whitewolf on 03/23/05 at 5:42 pm

My problem with most Christians (and I am not one) is their "holier than thou" atttitude.  Like most people, I have done things in my life of which I am not proud - I am a falibale human.  But I admit my frialties, and that I don't always l;ive up to my own code of ethics.  Most "christians" that I know also don't, but refuse to admit their failings and act in such a f...ing surerior way that it is disagusting.  I much prefer the Wiccan belief - "do what you will, harm none" - to their "believe as I do or go to hell" attitude.  The principles of Christianity are, in many ways, very beutiful.  I look forward to meeting a Christian who really believes and lives by them without "the attitude".

well Carlos, you have just met one, I am Chriatian and I beleive that there is not one perfect person on earth, we are all human and all humans make mistakes, My way of life is "Live and let live" I don't tell anyone else how to live or run their lives. I beleive in the Lord but I won't push others to do the same.

Written By: ADH13 on 03/23/05 at 5:47 pm

Brian Damaged wrote:Don't tell it to me, tell it to the rightwing a-holes who profane the name of Christ with their vulgar, cynical hypocrisy day in, day out.  I love Jesus and what Jesus stood for.  It's the crackpot conservative evangelicals who are perverting the central messages of Christianity with their political grandstanding and lies.  Your problem is with them, not me.

Maxwell, where do you get that Christian = Conservative?

Maybe it's a difference in parts of the country?  Here in CA we have a large hispanic population, most of which are some form of Christian, and also happen to be Democrats.

I am conservative but not really religious at all. (I believe in God, but don't follow any religion)

I see many Jewish supporting Bush (although for obvious reasons).

I don't quite see how you're making that connection.

Written By: Apricot on 03/23/05 at 5:50 pm

I say "Live and let die!"  :D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/23/05 at 6:50 pm

Violence for violence's sake doesn't solve anything.

Written By: whitewolf on 03/23/05 at 7:15 pm

Violence for violence's sake doesn't solve anything.

violence for any reason doesn't solve anything

Written By: Apricot on 03/23/05 at 8:12 pm

violence for any reason doesn't solve anything

Then why is man constantly waging war to solve his problems?

And does not killing an evil person resolve something by ending said person's evils?

Written By: whitewolf on 03/23/05 at 8:30 pm

Then why is man constantly waging war to solve his problems?

And does not killing an evil person resolve something by ending said person's evils?

not really sure why, people always want to go to war,

If you kill an evil person,(a murderer for example) it may stop him from killing again but nothing is resolved because killing him will not bring the victims back

Written By: Apricot on 03/23/05 at 8:42 pm

If you kill an evil person,(a murderer for example) it may stop him from killing again but nothing is resolved because killing him will not bring the victims back

What if their death ends a living person's torture? No one has died, but one person is in pain from being hurt. Their death will end the torture, hence resolving pain.

Written By: whitewolf on 03/23/05 at 8:48 pm

What if their death ends a living person's torture? No one has died, but one person is in pain from being hurt. Their death will end the torture, hence resolving pain.

It still won't undo the hurt, and If that person was being beaten, they would still have alot of emotional pain to live with.

Written By: Apricot on 03/23/05 at 8:59 pm

It still won't undo the hurt, and If that person was being beaten, they would still have alot of emotional pain to live with.

Yeah, but it resolved something, and that is the physical pain. It can't solve EVERYTHING, but it can solve some things.

Written By: whitewolf on 03/23/05 at 9:21 pm

Yeah, but it resolved something, and that is the physical pain. It can't solve EVERYTHING, but it can solve some things.

they don't have to die for that, put into prison will serve just as well.

Written By: Apricot on 03/23/05 at 9:26 pm

You're assuming this situation falls into the jurisdiction of the American Justice system.

Written By: whitewolf on 03/23/05 at 9:39 pm

You're assuming this situation falls into the jurisdiction of the American Justice system.

or Canadian, we don't have the death penelty out here, if we did one guy would have fried years ago.  I'm not saying I'm against the death penelty, I am just saying that is doesn't resolve everything for the people related to the victims, or for the victims themselves.

Written By: Apricot on 03/23/05 at 9:55 pm

or Canadian, we don't have the death penelty out here, if we did one guy would have fried years ago.  I'm not saying I'm against the death penelty, I am just saying that is doesn't resolve everything for the people related to the victims, or for the victims themselves.

Well, yeah, it won't resolve everything. But it resolves SOME things. That was my point. It doesn't HAVE to be the way, but it CAN be, and it can solve things. Sure, there may be a better way, but it can work.

Written By: whitewolf on 03/23/05 at 10:11 pm

Well, yeah, it won't resolve everything. But it resolves SOME things. That was my point. It doesn't HAVE to be the way, but it CAN be, and it can solve things. Sure, there may be a better way, but it can work.

queation for ya Apricot, how did we get onto death of an evil person, we were originally talking about violence, sure death is sometimes caused by violence, but the violence I was talking about was, if someone pisses you off and you beat the crap outa them or even kill them in retailiation. That won't solve anything.

Written By: Apricot on 03/23/05 at 10:20 pm

queation for ya Apricot, how did we get onto death of an evil person, we were originally talking about violence, sure death is sometimes caused by violence, but the violence I was talking about was, if someone ticks you off and you beat the crap outa them or even kill them in retailiation. That won't solve anything.

It'll shut em up.

Written By: whitewolf on 03/23/05 at 10:21 pm

It'll shut em up.

yeah, but it will get you 15 to 20 at the same time.

Written By: Apricot on 03/23/05 at 10:27 pm

yeah, but it will get you 15 to 20 at the same time.

Still solved something.

Written By: whitewolf on 03/23/05 at 10:33 pm

Still solved something.

yeah but now you would have more to worry about than before.

Written By: Apricot on 03/23/05 at 10:43 pm

yeah but now you would have more to worry about than before.

Yeah, I know that. My point was, violence can resolve some things. Might create more problems, but some good things come out of it.

Written By: whitewolf on 03/23/05 at 10:48 pm

Yeah, I know that. My point was, violence can resolve some things. Might create more problems, but some good things come out of it.

Everyone has their own opinion about everything, to me violence only leads to more violence, so by my theory, what's the point. anyone pisses me off, I say, they're not worth the trouble.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/24/05 at 12:00 am

Maxwell, where do you get that Christian = Conservative?

Maybe it's a difference in parts of the country?  Here in CA we have a large hispanic population, most of which are some form of Christian, and also happen to be Democrats.

I am conservative but not really religious at all. (I believe in God, but don't follow any religion)

I see many Jewish supporting Bush (although for obvious reasons).

I don't quite see how you're making that connection.

I did not even imply Christian = Conservative.  If anything, conservatives are less Christian in their behavior than liberals and moderates.  It is the conservative evangelicals that force Christ into every issue society faces, but it's all a lot of hot air.

Written By: Harmonica on 03/24/05 at 12:40 am

Strange how everything has a reward and a consequence. Nothing comes without a price.  Just gotta check the tag, that's all.

Written By: sputnikcorp on 03/24/05 at 10:35 am

I did not even imply Christian = Conservative.  If anything, conservatives are less Christian in their behavior than liberals and moderates.  It is the conservative evangelicals that force Christ into every issue society faces, but it's all a lot of hot air.

i refer to this strip. we expect so much from a benevolent diety and his peace loving son...

apologies to the small size. you have to click to view.

Written By: Apricot on 03/24/05 at 11:15 am

That was AWESOME!  ;D

Written By: Mistress Leola on 03/24/05 at 11:52 am

Of course violence accomplishes things.  But in engaging in violence are you acting consistent with the principles you value most?  If so, fine.  If not, then why not seek another way?

The other morning, some asswipe practically ran me over to get a seat on the train, sending my $175.00 PDA crashing to the ground, and offering nothing but a casual 'sorry'.  I honestly don't know what kept me from taking a swing at the guy.  My blood was BOILING, and I could have justifiably (justified to me anyway) done physical harm to him.  Why not?  I'd have gotten quite a bit of temporary emotional satisfaction from it.  But so what?  The guy maybe would have the expense of some minor attention in the ER, and may have gotten to work late.  Would that have fixed my PDA?  No.  Would it have influenced him to offer to pay for a replacement?  Probably not.  Would he have charged me with assault?  Quite possibly.  So... I would have had... what?  A fleeting moment of emotional satisfaction?  A sense of macho vindication?  Why is that?  What's the whole macho vindication thing about anyway? 

Any need I might feel for that kind of vindication is only a reflection of my own insecurities, misdirected rage, or some other psychological nonsense.  We all have baggage like that.  But as rational human beings, we can choose to indulge it or not.  Violence says far less about the object of violence than it does about the perpetrator.

Written By: DevoRule on 03/24/05 at 11:36 pm

Aren't you anti-dp?

Written By: Harmonica on 03/26/05 at 11:17 pm

In 2nd grade a boy started bugging me every day. He would make fun of me, hit me, and constantly provoke me to hit him.

I tried
A Telling a teacher, inwhich turned into "Just ignore him" "Don't let him get to you" or "tell him to stop"
B Telling him to stop, which made him laugh and continue
C Try to make friends with him - That was a mistake
D Ignore him - The hits got harder
E Told my parents - Parents said not to do anything that would get me in trouble. Then hey called his parents, his parents didn't care.  Then my parents called the school, the school did nothing.

So it went on all of second grade

Then the next year rolled around and it went all of 3rd grade.

Half way through 4th grade after 2 and a half years of asking him to stop I finally got fed up and said, "Stop it you a$$hole" one day when he was throwing books at me in the library and the librarian kept me in for recess an entire week and made me help put away books.

I went home told my mom and she finally gave in and told me to do something.

The next day at school, he came up to me, called me a name, I asked him to stop. Then he threw woodchips in my face, and I punched him in the chest, he came at me and I threw him to the ground, the bell rang.

He NEVER bugged me again.

Violence solves nothing?  99% of the time.

Written By: Indy Gent on 03/27/05 at 1:40 am

Christians are not anti-forgiveness. More like anti-murder, anti-abortion, anti-crime, etc. Christians are just like people in other religions in that they struggle with sin and personal matters, and have to mete out punishment that they are reluctant to deal (at least most Christians are). In all matters, God is the final arbitrator. 

Written By: Harmonica on 03/27/05 at 2:12 am

Christians are not anti-forgiveness. More like anti-murder, anti-abortion, anti-crime, etc. Christians are just like people in other religions in that they struggle with sin and personal matters, and have to mete out punishment that they are reluctant to deal (at least most Christians are). In all matters, God is the final arbitrator. 

Well to me God is, and to some others.....but be careful what you say on this board about God, you're dealing with a large % of athesist.  Or those who believe in God, but a God that ranks below themselves.

Written By: Jessica on 03/27/05 at 4:01 am

Well to me God is, and to some others.....but be careful what you say on this board about God, you're dealing with a large % of athesist.  Or those who believe in God, but a God that ranks below themselves.

I don't know about the rest of the peeps on here, but I am slightly offended by what you said.

I am NOT an Atheist (note the correct spelling), nor is a "large %" on this board. We all have different beliefs, different views, etc. It's called diversity. Just because we're not bible thumping, shove our religion down "nonbelievers" throats Christians doesn't make us Atheists. And what you said about only believing in a god that ranks below us is just retarded so I won't even touch that statement.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: "I have nothing against God. It's his followers I can't stand."

Written By: sputnikcorp on 03/27/05 at 8:45 am

your a crusader, you think your on a mission to save the world with your love and peace rhetoric. it's not going to happen. i'm a christian but i came to realise that evil will always have the upper hand. ALWAYS. so shut it with your arrogance or i will flame your ass until i'm banned.

now please make a retort to my reply or be a proper christian and turn the other cheek and fukc off!

Written By: Harmonica on 03/27/05 at 5:08 pm

your a crusader, you think your on a mission to save the world with your love and peace rhetoric. it's not going to happen. i'm a christian but i came to realise that evil will always have the upper hand. ALWAYS. so shut it with your arrogance or i will flame your a** until i'm banned.

now please make a retort to my reply or be a proper christian and turn the other cheek and fukc off!

Sit around and do nothing....fudge the world....

You happy now?

Written By: Harmonica on 03/27/05 at 5:09 pm

I don't know about the rest of the peeps on here, but I am slightly offended by what you said.

I am NOT an Atheist (note the correct spelling), nor is a "large %" on this board. We all have different beliefs, different views, etc. It's called diversity. Just because we're not bible thumping, shove our religion down "nonbelievers" throats Christians doesn't make us Atheists. And what you said about only believing in a god that ranks below us is just retarded so I won't even touch that statement.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: "I have nothing against God. It's his followers I can't stand."

Then YOU YOU YOU be offended....it's about time that YOU and the rest of the world realized that ME ME ME isn't what it's all about.

Written By: sputnikcorp on 03/27/05 at 5:47 pm

Sit around and do nothing....whatever the world....

You happy now?

i'm always happy  :)

Written By: Harmonica on 03/27/05 at 5:52 pm

i'm always happy  :)

Arrogance...is not what I'm showing....I'm showing confidence.

BIG difference.

Written By: sputnikcorp on 03/27/05 at 6:12 pm

Arrogance...is not what I'm showing....I'm showing confidence.

BIG difference.

i don't think so. you go after other members who don't approve of your ideals. on other boards you would have been banned. i too go after others so i'm in the same boat. i guess it takes one to know one.

Written By: whitewolf on 03/27/05 at 7:13 pm

Then YOU YOU YOU be offended....it's about time that YOU and the rest of the world realized that ME ME ME isn't what it's all about.

you know this statement goes against you as well, on all of your post, it's always what you believe in, you never acknowledge that others opinions may be right.

Written By: Jessica on 03/27/05 at 8:58 pm

*snicker*

YOU say that and yet how did you start out the original post that I'm commenting on? Some comment on how YOU believe in God being the final arbitrator, wasn't it?

Get over yourself, little boy. Your beliefs are just as valid as everyone else's, but that doesn't mean you can go around shoving your BS in everyone's face and remarking on them being Atheists because they don't believe what you do. I could swear that isn't very Christian or something. ::)

Written By: Harmonica on 03/28/05 at 12:24 am

*snicker*

YOU say that and yet how did you start out the original post that I'm commenting on? Some comment on how YOU believe in God being the final arbitrator, wasn't it?

Get over yourself, little boy. Your beliefs are just as valid as everyone else's, but that doesn't mean you can go around shoving your BS in everyone's face and remarking on them being Atheists because they don't believe what you do. I could swear that isn't very Christian or something. ::)

Yeap MY beliefes....Took me 15 years to write the Bible.....and if I remember right it took me 20 years to create the teachers that would teach me the rights/wrongs evils/goods of this world after I was born.

There have been people on this board that have clearly stated that they think God is a bunch of hombo jumbo....So instead of acting like everyone on here believes in God, maybe you ought to go back and read on this post as well as other post how some people admit full heartedly to being atheist.

and what in the world makes you and others think that all christians should be passivest? Where in the Bible does is say, "Let thou do whatever the hell thou wants to do, never tell them they are wrong, never stick up against there evil?"

I think that too much of the Bible is hidden, and people like you think that all they show in movies and TV is all the Bible has to offer.

Genisis somewhere...and I will look it up if asked to prove it.....

"If man sheds the blood of another man, than by man shall his blood be shed"

but occording to you me being a christian means to "hey don't...wait I'm a christian go ahead"

Guess again....

Written By: UKVisitor on 03/28/05 at 12:56 am

You have heard that it was said, "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth." But I say to you, Do not resist one who is evil. But if any one strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also; and if any one would sue you and take your coat, let him have your cloak as well; and if any one forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. - Matthew 5.38-41

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/28/05 at 12:59 am

I will agree that there are alot of Christians that give other Christians a bad name

I don't think they were bashing Christians at all.....I like open minded Christians....ones that don't shut people out just because they don't have the same beliefs...I think that we should listen/consider all ways of thinking.....not cover our ears and judge people just because they have a different way of living that don't match up to the Christian Stereotype.

we're all human. period.
def. not perfect and all different in some way....but that keeps things interesting

~Beth

Written By: UKVisitor on 03/28/05 at 1:03 am

An interesting forum answer to someone questioning as to what Jesus meant by "turning the other cheek"  is given here: http://www.new-life.net/faq001.htm

I find the final paragraph particularly interesting as a non-believer myself as it seems to fit in with my own moral beliefs better than with those of many of the openly christian people on these boards:

However, what is forbidden is the taking of vengeance (Romans 12:17-21), bitterness (Ephesians 4:31), and retaliation (1 Peter 2:23). These are absolutely forbidden by Jesus and the apostles.

Written By: Harmonica on 03/28/05 at 1:12 am

*snicker*

Don't make me out to be a discrimator either, because I'm not.

One of my best friends is an atheist.  And yes some of my friends do share my beliefs, and some of them don't....but they're still my friends.

Written By: McDonald on 03/28/05 at 1:17 am

You have heard that it was said, "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth." But I say to you, Do not resist one who is evil. But if any one strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also; and if any one would sue you and take your coat, let him have your cloak as well; and if any one forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. - Matthew 5.38-41

Good show. This is why Jesus was a great man (this coming from a non-Christian).

I think where a lot of this confusion comes from is a lack of understanding by many Christians of the nature and history of their religion. First off, working within a Christian framework, anything dogmatic in the New Testament trumps any conflicting dogma in the Old Testament. The Old Testament may be sacred, but it is representative of the old covenant. God may have said "eye for an eye" in Exodus but that was the old way, and as soon as Jesus said "turn the other cheek" in Matthew it was a whole new game.

This illustrates the true Christian philosophy and way of life which, if you haven't figured it out yet, most people (nearly all people) are not cut out for. If you agree with vengeance, greed, violence, war, or any of these things - you are disagreeing with Christ, point blank.

Written By: Jessica on 03/28/05 at 1:32 am

Yeap MY beliefes....Took me 15 years to write the Bible.....and if I remember right it took me 20 years to create the teachers that would teach me the rights/wrongs evils/goods of this world after I was born.

::)

There have been people on this board that have clearly stated that they think God is a bunch of hombo jumbo....

So?

So instead of acting like everyone on here believes in God, maybe you ought to go back and read on this post as well as other post how some people admit full heartedly to being atheist.

Hmmm....I don't remember saying everyone on here believes in God. I said that they have different beliefs and views.

and what in the world makes you and others think that all christians should be passivest?

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Yeah right! Most "Christians" I know are far from being passive!

Where in the Bible does is say, "Let thou do whatever the hell thou wants to do, never tell them they are wrong, never stick up against there evil?"

Who knows? That book is so full of contradictions and stuff that nobody could figure it out. I'm sure you though, in all your wisdom, could tell me.

I think that too much of the Bible is hidden, and people like you think that all they show in movies and TV is all the Bible has to offer.

Yeah. I believe everything I saw in "Ben-Hur" and "The Ten Commandments".

Genisis somewhere...and I will look it up if asked to prove it.....

"If man sheds the blood of another man, than by man shall his blood be shed"

Mmmm.....violence.

but occording to you me being a christian means to "hey don't...wait I'm a christian go ahead"

Once again, that's not what I said or meant. Being Christian supposedly means brotherly love or something. I wouldn't know though since I'm just some looney Atheist. ::)

Don't make me out to be a discrimator either, because I'm not.

One of my best friends is an atheist.  And yes some of my friends do share my beliefs, and some of them don't....but they're still my friends.

So answer this: if you have friends that are atheists and/or don't share your beliefs, then why do you come on here and spout off and act like an a$$ to everyone who doesn't agree with you? Don't deny it. I lurk enough to see what stunts you pull on people who don't share your beliefs.

That being said, my son just took a dump and at this point, his poop is far more interesting than what you have to say. Thanks though. Nothing like a good argument to get me out of my depression. :)

Written By: Harmonica on 03/28/05 at 1:50 am

::)

So?

Hmmm....I don't remember saying everyone on here believes in God. I said that they have different beliefs and views.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Yeah right! Most "Christians" I know are far from being passive!

Who knows? That book is so full of contradictions and stuff that nobody could figure it out. I'm sure you though, in all your wisdom, could tell me.

Yeah. I believe everything I saw in "Ben-Hur" and "The Ten Commandments".

Mmmm.....violence.

Once again, that's not what I said or meant. Being Christian supposedly means brotherly love or something. I wouldn't know though since I'm just some looney Atheist. ::)

So answer this: if you have friends that are atheists and/or don't share your beliefs, then why do you come on here and spout off and act like an a$$ to everyone who doesn't agree with you? Don't deny it. I lurk enough to see what stunts you pull on people who don't share your beliefs.

That being said, my son just took a dump and at this point, his poop is far more interesting than what you have to say. Thanks though. Nothing like a good argument to get me out of my depression. :)

I haven't written anything bad towards anyone no this board, unless they first attacked me.  You think that you have a right to bash me and my beliefs and then you can say, "you can't react because Christians are supposed to take the punishment and smile."

it don't work that way...and glad to know your son made an image of you in the toilet

counter reaction...which will probably be seen as me Starting it...because CHuckyG has hated me ever since I joined this message board, but what else is new

Interesting as a pile of crap...won't be seen as  a direct shot....but what I said will be.

Written By: Jessica on 03/28/05 at 1:59 am

I haven't written anything bad towards anyone no this board, unless they first attacked me.  You think that you have a right to bash me and my beliefs and then you can say, "you can't react because Christians are supposed to take the punishment and smile."

it don't work that way...and glad to know your son made an image of you in the toilet

counter reaction...which will probably be seen as me Starting it...because CHuckyG has hated me ever since I joined this message board, but what else is new

Interesting as a pile of crap...won't be seen as  a direct shot....but what I said will be.

Since I'm back from changing my son's bottom, I'll give you a reply.

I see you're playing the "I'm a victim" card again. I remember that happening before. I remember you attacking someone else about their beliefs on abortion and then acting like they started it. I remember you claiming that they attacked your beliefs because they didn't agree with you.

It appears that the same thing is happening here. So since you want to act like a child about this, I'll let you have your victim fantasy. You amuse the hell out of me, so I'll even ignore your half-a$$ed insult.

Incidentally, my son isn't potty trained yet, so my image was in his diaper. ::)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/28/05 at 1:59 am

Well, actually it was in his diaper...he's not old enough to use the toilet quite yet :)

ChuckyG is very tolerant of arguments in this particular board.  I think the only reason you are so "hated" is because you yourself are intolerant.  Maybe you should follow your own statement and be more receptive to other opinions.

Written By: Harmonica on 03/28/05 at 2:09 am

Since I'm back from changing my son's bottom, I'll give you a reply.

I see you're playing the "I'm a victim" card again. I remember that happening before. I remember you attacking someone else about their beliefs on abortion and then acting like they started it. I remember you claiming that they attacked your beliefs because they didn't agree with you.

It appears that the same thing is happening here. So since you want to act like a child about this, I'll let you have your victim fantasy. You amuse the hell out of me, so I'll even ignore your half-a$$ed insult.

Incidentally, my son isn't potty trained yet, so my image was in his diaper. ::)

I act like a child about this...YOU bashed me first...

and Crazymom did start it..she was the first one to make an attack..she said to me, harmonica..."F U C K You"....that's starting something.  Whatever you do Forgive her and act like she's in the right and she's all good and great and I'm just a little stupid idiot. Then if you can, please remind me of how great and gracious it was for Crazymom to laugh in Ralphs face and make him out to be an idiot, and make me feel as if I'm doing something wrong for feeling bad for Ralph.

and whatever you do....make sure you remind me for the umpteenth time that She used the words, "maybe, perhaps, well it could be, well I don't know for sure but"  which gets her clean off the hook.

Gotta learn to do that...perhaps your a ....maybe you could be a .........yeah shoulda learned the first time around.

Written By: McDonald on 03/28/05 at 2:21 am

and Crazymom did start it..she was the first one to make an attack..she said to me, harmonica..."F U C K You"....that's starting something.  Whatever you do Forgive her and act like she's in the right and she's all good and great and I'm just a little stupid idiot. Then if you can, please remind me of how great and gracious it was for Crazymom to laugh in Ralphs face and make him out to be an idiot, and make me feel as if I'm doing something wrong for feeling bad for Ralph.

You don't get it, do you? Here you are defending Christianity when you yourself fail to be a good example of what a Christian should be. Your post here suggests that you do not hold forgiveness in the regards your religion would have you, and that you prefer to get even... These are not acceptable behaviours according to Christ. If you had taken his advice and turned the other cheek, you would have won the argument... or at least walked away with your dignity.

Written By: Harmonica on 03/28/05 at 2:26 am

You don't get it, do you? Here you are defending Christianity when you yourself fail to be a good example of what a Christian should be. Your post here suggests that you do not hold forgiveness in the regards your religion would have you, and that you prefer to get even... These are not acceptable behaviours according to Christ. If you had taken his advice and turned the other cheek, you would have won the argument... or at least walked away with your dignity.

Won the arguement? How in the World do you honestly figure that?  And where does walking away when soemthing needs to be said leave dignity?

I never claimed to be perfect McDonald....and if anyone knows anything about what a Christian should be, it sure ain't you, DO YOU GET THAT?

Turn the other cheek said Christ...."Eye for eye" said God...."than by man shall his blood be shed" said God.....yeah it says that too.

I get everything just fine.....your the one that don't get it.

Written By: Jessica on 03/28/05 at 2:27 am

and whatever you do....make sure you remind me for the umpteenth time that She used the words, "maybe, perhaps, well it could be, well I don't know for sure but"  which gets her clean off the hook.

Gotta learn to do that...perhaps your a ....maybe you could be a .........yeah shoulda learned the first time around.

Yes, yes. Believe what you want. Your memory, much like that book you always talk about, is quite faulty, contradictory, and selective about things. Go you.

Please keep replying. You're keeping me entertained while I work.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/28/05 at 2:29 am

Won the arguement? How in the World do you honestly figure that?  And where does walking away when soemthing needs to be said leave dignity?

I never claimed to be perfect McDonald....and if anyone knows anything about what a Christian should be, it sure ain't you, DO YOU GET THAT?

Turn the other cheek said Christ...."Eye for eye" said God...."than by man shall his blood be shed" said God.....yeah it says that too.

I get this image of the Waterboy's mom saying that everything that Bobby does that she doesn't like is caused by the "Devil"...hehehe.

By the way..."you're".

If you're the shining example of what Christianity should be, then I fear the religion is doomed.

Written By: Harmonica on 03/28/05 at 2:32 am

Yes, yes. Believe what you want. Your memory, much like that book you always talk about, is quite faulty, contradictory, and selective about things. Go you.

Please keep replying. You're keeping me entertained while I work.

Beleive, Know,think, whatever you wanna call it....

Crazymom DID start it against me....I retaliated.  FACT....no belief to it...FACT

Nothing faulty, contradictory, or selective about it.

Written By: Harmonica on 03/28/05 at 2:34 am

I get this image of the Waterboy's mom saying that everything that Bobby does that she doesn't like is caused by the "Devil"...hehehe.

By the way..."you're".

If you're the shining example of what Christianity should be, then I fear the religion is doomed.

a lot of people hate me on this message board....glad to welcome you aboard.

Written By: Jessica on 03/28/05 at 2:37 am

Maybe if you got off your holier than thou kick, people wouldn't act like they hated you.

Written By: UKVisitor on 03/28/05 at 2:39 am

I was always taught in Bible Class (yup, I was a christian in my youth) that the New Testament was the pre-eminent gospel in so far as the teachings of Christ as reported in the New Testament restated the will of God and the purpose of mankind. Surely the fact that Christ turned the other cheek himself and said "Father forgive them for they know not what they do" as he hung on the cross is the ultimate act of forgiveness. He knew that Peter would deny him three times before the Cockerel crowed and yet when they met after the resurrection he bade him no ill will.

I guess as with all written words it depends on the interpretation of the reader to some extent and, in the case of the Bible, it depends on whether you are Old or New testament in your beliefs. I tend to go with my own experience and teachings of positive christianity which seem to emphasise forgiveness over retaliation.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/28/05 at 2:41 am

a lot of people hate me on this message board....glad to welcome you aboard.

Dude!  I don't even KNOW you!  ;D

I guess I could jump on the bandwagon though...but you seem to have a really high opinion of yourself if you think that I have the time and energy to spend "hating" you.  You seem also to have trouble distinguishing between "hate" and "disagree".  I disagree with my wife sometimes, I must really hate her.  Pshaw.

Written By: Jessica on 03/28/05 at 2:43 am

I disagree with my wife sometimes, I must really hate her.  Pshaw.

Totally. When you annoy the heck out of me and I don't talk to you that much, that really means I hate you. ;D

Written By: ADH13 on 03/28/05 at 2:45 am

I don't understand what all the hype is about.  

I believe in God, but I don't go to church, read bibles, pray or follow any religion.

I try to be honest, generous, responsible, moral, etc... and that is the best I can do for God.  I was taught those things by my parents, and I try to live by them the best I can, even if I'm not perfect.  I don't need a book or a preacher to tell me how to live my life...

It's pretty simple, actually...

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/28/05 at 2:45 am

I believe in God, but I don't go to church, read bibles, pray or follow any religion.

I try to be honest, generous, responsible, moral, etc... and that is the best I can do for God.  I was taught those things by my parents, and I try to live by them the best I can, even if I'm not perfect.  I don't need a book or a preacher to tell me how to live my life...

The way I understand it, that's what God and Jesus would have wanted from you anyway :)

Written By: Harmonica on 03/28/05 at 2:46 am

Dude!  I don't even KNOW you!  ;D

I guess I could jump on the bandwagon though...but you seem to have a really high opinion of yourself if you think that I have the time and energy to spend "hating" you.  You seem also to have trouble distinguishing between "hate" and "disagree".  I disagree with my wife sometimes, I must really hate her.  Pshaw.

Do you really KNOW anybody?   Disagree and Hate are two different things.

You disagree with me........some on this message board..hate me.

I don't have trouble distinguishing that.

Written By: Harmonica on 03/28/05 at 2:47 am

Maybe if you got off your holier than thou kick, people wouldn't act like they hated you.

I'm not about making the wrong people happy.

Written By: Harmonica on 03/28/05 at 2:50 am

I try to be honest, generous, responsible, moral, etc... and that is the best I can do for God.  I was taught those things by my parents, and I try to live by them the best I can, even if I'm not perfect.  I don't need a book or a preacher to tell me how to live my life...

You dont' have to " go to church, read bibles, pray or follow any religion."....in oder to believe in God, a lot of people understand that.

but you do have to "try to be honest, generous, responsible, moral, etc... and that is the best I can do for God"  Glad you understand that, cause a lot  of people don't.

Written By: UKVisitor on 03/28/05 at 2:51 am

Sorry to disturb the war going on here but does anyone want to discuss the topic or re we done on this one  :)

Written By: McDonald on 03/28/05 at 2:51 am

What makes you so sure I don't know the criteria for what makes a good Christian? I may not be a Christian, but I was reared one and I have a thorough understanding of the Christian religion - which makes me every bit as qualified as you.

Are you acknowledging that the Bible contradicts itself? If Jesus said to turn away from these behaviours, does it matter what was said about it in the Old Testament? Those books are of the Old Covenant and Christ is the New Covenant (according to your religion). The very definition of "Christian" is one who follows Christ, so I would wager that a Christian is supposed to adhere to what Christ himself had to say on the matter.

And what, oh wise sage, "needs to be said" so badly? What instrumental advice have you to offer? What do you feel?

Written By: Jessica on 03/28/05 at 2:53 am

I'm not about making the wrong people happy.

Who the F U C K are you to judge who is right and who is wrong? Get your head out of the Bible and act HUMAN for once.

Written By: Harmonica on 03/28/05 at 2:56 am

What makes you so sure I don't know the criteria for what makes a good Christian? I may not be a Christian, but I was reared one and I have a thorough understanding of the Christian religion - which makes me every bit as qualified as you.

Are you acknowledging that the Bible contradicts itself? If Jesus said to turn away from these behaviours, does it matter what was said about it in the Old Testament? Those books are of the Old Covenant and Christ is the New Covenant (according to your religion). The very definition of "Christian" is one who follows Christ, so I would wager that a Christian is supposed to adhere to what Christ himself had to say on the matter.

And what, oh wise sage, "needs to be said" so badly? What instrumental advice have you to offer? What do you feel?

I feel that you have some unruley belief that all christians should be perfect christians without fault, and if they have faults..which I clearly do, hiding nothing bout that, then they can not be true Christians.

I have never known personally a person who never sinned, or a person that no longer sins. But I should huh?

Qualified?  Qualified?  Christianity isn't a tournament.

Written By: Jessica on 03/28/05 at 2:56 am

Forgot to say that I'm done here. That last line that God, Jr....oh excuse me, his name is Harmonica...said really annoyed me again.

Have fun people!

Written By: Harmonica on 03/28/05 at 2:57 am

Who the F U C K are you to judge who is right and who is wrong? Get your head out of the Bible and act HUMAN for once.

Who the F U C K are you to make a person who follows the Bible, non human?

I suppose all True humans, are just like you huh? 

Written By: Harmonica on 03/28/05 at 2:59 am

Forgot to say that I'm done here. That last line that God, Jr....oh excuse me, his name is Harmonica...said really annoyed me again.

Have fun people!

make sure you pray tonight....oh forgot..your too good for that.

Written By: McDonald on 03/28/05 at 3:11 am

I feel that you have some unruley belief that all christians should be perfect christians without fault, and if they have faults..which I clearly do, hiding nothing bout that, then they can not be true Christians.

Absolutely not. I just find it terribly ironic that there is someone here who is supposed to be defending Christianity, but in the process of doing so, defies one of Christ's teachings repeatedly.

Qualified?  Qualified?  Christianity isn't a tournament.

No sh*t. Are you not the person who wrote this...

if anyone knows anything about what a Christian should be, it sure ain't you, DO YOU GET THAT?

Now, I don't see where my flawless choice of words is relevent. But that's an excellent way to dodge a question. I'll repeat it for you and see if second time's a charm.

"What makes you so sure I don't know the criteria for what makes a good Christian?"

Written By: sputnikcorp on 03/28/05 at 8:54 am

*laughs maniacally at the owning of harmonica*

Written By: whitewolf on 03/28/05 at 9:24 am

why would she say f u c k you for no reason, maybe because you were jumping on her for no reason, actually because she disagreed with u, as for Ralph, no of us even know him so y should we laugh, didn't even know he existed till you said that she was laughing at him. open your eyes and see that your way is not the only way to live.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/28/05 at 11:37 am

ok....
so the two things that I try to stay away from discussing too much are: religion and politics....because there is no possible way for every person in the world to see eye to eye on the matter....

the point I like to make is this: I am a Christian (I consider myself a more liberal christian at times), I am not perfect...I make oodles of mistakes...just like everyone else....I love God....I try to be the best person I can be....BUT...I don't condemn others for their beliefs. I am/or have been friends with people from all walks of life (church people, gay people, non-believers, witches....you name it...I've had a friend who has fallen under a category). I mean, it's great when you find someone who shares the same "beliefs" as yourself...but face it...there are so many people in the world....there's no way that could ever be possible.

I can understand comments from both sides of the arguement....and I think that the longer the topic is drawn out...the more the s**t is slung back and forth.....but it basically all boils down to this.....agree to disagree.

I like to hear different people's opinions and sometimes I totally disagree with them with every part of me....BUT....I don't chose to disrespect them and throw personal hate messages their way.

And back to the real topic of this post, "are christian anti-forgiveness".....I can only speak for myself when I say that I am a Christian...and I have forgiven some pretty shi**y people in my lifetime...because that is what God would want us to do. I do realize that alot of Christians give the nice ones a really bad name....I have witnessed it many times when I was a server in a restaurant.....there was a group of "church people" that would come in....and they were by far...the most rude and abnoxious bunch I have ever encountered...and I think it's a shame whenever people like that make it bad for the rest.
Yes...some Christians are anit-forgiveness and that isn't right...because if they are going to claim that they are christian....than they need to live by it.

ok...well enough of my rambling.......I just hope everyone can just agree to disagree...because the name-calling just isn't right. :-\\

Erin :)

Written By: Harmonica on 03/28/05 at 12:19 pm

Absolutely not. I just find it terribly ironic that there is someone here who is supposed to be defending Christianity, but in the process of doing so, defies one of Christ's teachings repeatedly.

No sh*t. Are you not the person who wrote this...Now, I don't see where my flawless choice of words is relevent. But that's an excellent way to dodge a question. I'll repeat it for you and see if second time's a charm.

"What makes you so sure I don't know the criteria for what makes a good Christian?"

You are not one

Written By: Harmonica on 03/28/05 at 12:20 pm

why would she say f u c k you for no reason, maybe because you were jumping on her for no reason, actually because she disagreed with u, as for Ralph, no of us even know him so y should we laugh, didn't even know he existed till you said that she was laughing at him. open your eyes and see that your way is not the only way to live.

Shut my eyes? that's what you meant to say.

Written By: Harmonica on 03/28/05 at 12:22 pm

Why do you have to bring me into this?  And, no it's not a FACT, like everything else, it's your OPINION ::)  The "FU" comment came after you insinuated that I deserved to be raped.....I don't know of ANYONE who has been raped in the past who wouldn't have responded in kind.

I never insinuated that you deserved to be Raped? I clearly asked you if Ralph deserved to have his child murdered, and have the likes of you tell him that he shouldn't feel bad about it, and on top of that, that he should consult and approve of the woman that murdered his kid.  I got pissed off and kept after you, and then I wanted to know how you would feel if people treated you in the same fashion you treated Ralph.

Your Tacit premises get by a lot of people, they don't me.

Written By: Harmonica on 03/28/05 at 12:23 pm

Oh, the comment about atheists or believing in a God beneath themselves WASN'T offensive?  And, Jessica replying that she was offended is bashing you.....like others have said "get over yourself" ::)

People on this board have clearly stated they are athesist....and others have clearly stated, "well I did believe in God, but I didn't get what I wanted so....."  I was referring to them when I made that statement.

I'm over myself, get your nose out of the sky and maybe you could see that.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/28/05 at 1:16 pm

Most of the time Church can be the worst place to go....I will admit....it is filled with gossips, holier than thou people and people who need to check themselves before they wrongly accuse/judge otheres......which I can't stand....

..sometimes I think it's better not to go to church....because it will give you the wrong idea of what Christians should be like....

I mean...I love God.....I'm not going to judge anyone who says different and I'm def. not going to shove anything down anyones throat or push them away because they don't have the same beliefs.

What kind of person would I be?

Straight, gay, Christian, Atheist, white, black.....whatever.
I think its up to us to accept everyone.....and it's definetly not up to us to judge.

~Beth

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/28/05 at 1:24 pm

ok....
so the two things that I try to stay away from discussing too much are: religion and politics....because there is no possible way for every person in the world to see eye to eye on the matter....

the point I like to make is this: I am a Christian (I consider myself a more liberal christian at times), I am not perfect...I make oodles of mistakes...just like everyone else....I love God....I try to be the best person I can be....BUT...I don't condemn others for their beliefs. I am/or have been friends with people from all walks of life (church people, gay people, non-believers, witches....you name it...I've had a friend who has fallen under a category). I mean, it's great when you find someone who shares the same "beliefs" as yourself...but face it...there are so many people in the world....there's no way that could ever be possible.

I can understand comments from both sides of the arguement....and I think that the longer the topic is drawn out...the more the s**t is slung back and forth.....but it basically all boils down to this.....agree to disagree.

I like to hear different people's opinions and sometimes I totally disagree with them with every part of me....BUT....I don't chose to disrespect them and throw personal hate messages their way.

And back to the real topic of this post, "are christian anti-forgiveness".....I can only speak for myself when I say that I am a Christian...and I have forgiven some pretty shi**y people in my lifetime...because that is what God would want us to do. I do realize that alot of Christians give the nice ones a really bad name....I have witnessed it many times when I was a server in a restaurant.....there was a group of "church people" that would come in....and they were by far...the most rude and abnoxious bunch I have ever encountered...and I think it's a shame whenever people like that make it bad for the rest.
Yes...some Christians are anit-forgiveness and that isn't right...because if they are going to claim that they are christian....than they need to live by it.

ok...well enough of my rambling.......I just hope everyone can just agree to disagree...because the name-calling just isn't right. :-\\

Agreed.

Written By: Jessica on 03/28/05 at 2:50 pm

ok....

Yes, I'll shut up now. ;D

Thanks Erin. You're cool. :)

Written By: McDonald on 03/28/05 at 3:09 pm

You are not one

And Simon Cowell is not a singer, but he's dead-on everytime.

It doesn't matter if I chose to no longer identify myself as a Christian (oh, about five years ago... such a long time ::)), I still know my sh!t. If I were lauding you for your Christ-like behaviour it would be a different story, I'm sure. But since I'm calling you on your hypocritical bullsh!t, all of a sudden I'm incapable of knowing what a "good Christian" is. I'm also not a six-year-old, but I can certainly tell whether or not my nephew is being bratty. This situation is a lot like that.

Written By: SoyUnHombre on 03/28/05 at 4:46 pm

I am a Christian.
I am not ashamed of being a Christian.
I am a Christian because I am a follower of Jesus Christ.
To be a follower of Jesus Christ means that you emulate Him, and want to be like Him.
Those who call themselves Christians, and who do not act like Jesus Christ,
are obviously not following Jesus.
So then........
Do you condemn the religion, because of what an individual did/does,
... or do you accept the fact that anyone/everyone has/can and does commit sins/wrongdoing
regardless of moral knowledge, which does not change what is right/wrong?

...seems to me, that a whole lot of people enjoy finding problems with Christians,
in order to excuse their own personal responsibility, which doesn't end, merely because
one knows how to point a finger at someone else.

When people do wrong in a public arena, the errors are usually self-evident,
God gave us eyes and minds to judge for ourselves; but to blanket judge an entire group of people,
or their religion, is not only ignorant but it is also dangerous.

History is full of examples of race, class  and religious hatred and  bigotry...
.... including the ones who crucified Jesus Christ.

Written By: whitewolf on 03/28/05 at 4:55 pm

I am a Christian.
I am not ashamed of being a Christian.
I am a Christian because I am a follower of Jesus Christ.
To be a follower of Jesus Christ means that you emulate Him, and want to be like Him.
Those who call themselves Christians, and who do not act like Jesus Christ,
are obviously not following Jesus.
So then........
Do you condemn the religion, because of what an individual did/does,
... or do you accept the fact that anyone/everyone has/can and does commit sins/wrongdoing
regardless of moral knowledge, which does not change what is right/wrong?

...seems to me, that a whole lot of people enjoy finding problems with Christians,
in order to excuse their own personal responsibility, which doesn't end, merely because
one knows how to point a finger at someone else.

When people do wrong in a public arena, the errors are usually self-evident,
God gave us eyes and minds to judge for ourselves; but to blanket judge an entire group of people,
or their religion, is not only ignorant but it is also dangerous.

History is full of examples of race, class  and religious hatred and  bigotry...
.... including the ones who crucified Jesus Christ.

Nobody can act like Jesus, Jesus was the only person to ever walk this earth that was perfect. No human alive can be perfect, so according to you, that means that no one is a true follower of christ.

Written By: SoyUnHombre on 03/28/05 at 5:55 pm

Nobody can act like Jesus,

Oh but contrare!
ANYONE can act like Jesus, but NOBODY can do the walk...THAT is my point exactly.

Jesus was the only person to ever walk this earth that was perfect.

I'm glad that we agree on that.

No human alive can be perfect,

True. Again, you are firing on all cylinders, and we agree.

so according to you, that means that no one is a true follower of christ.

No.

Salvation through faith in the shed blood of Jesus Christ does not equal perfection.

Believers are only forgiven sinners.
They are not perfect.
They know to do better, but sometimes they slip and fall.
That does not mean that they are not a true follower of Jesus Christ,
it means that for the time being, they got off track.

The next time, that we don't understand one another,
I would appreciate you phrasing your response to me
in the form of a query, like this:

... So according to you, that means that no one is a true follower of Christ ?

...instead of a making a declaration about me concerning my beliefs,
by putting words in my mouth, that I did not speak.

The conclusion that you have drawn is not based upon the direction of the text of what I said.
Nevertheless, if someone is sinning, then yes, I hardly think that they are 'following' Christ, at that point.

Example: Peters' denial.

1. Christ prophesied it.
2. Peter denied the idea,
3. .. then he denied Christ 3 times.
4. Then he realized what he did,
5. then he repented.

I don't think that one can argue the fact that Peter slipped and fell,
neither do I think that one can say he wasn't a 'true' follower.

...but....he was delinitely NOT following Jesus Christ at the time of his denial.

Written By: whitewolf on 03/28/05 at 6:16 pm

ANYONE can act like Jesus, but NOBODY can do the walk...THAT is my point exactly

I beleive in Christ, and I try my best to do what's right, but I do not tell people to beleive or find God, I live my life doing what I think will make it better for my kids (they are the only ones that I tell the stories of God and Jesus too)

The next time, that we don't understand one another,
I would appreciate you phrasing your response to me
in the form of a query, like this:

... So according to you, that means that no one is a true follower of Christ ?

...instead of a making a declaration about me concerning my beliefs,
by putting words in my mouth, that I did not speak.

I appoligize for that. People sin all the time and that doesn't make them any less Christian. I know one person that is a "lady of the night", "call girl", "hooker" whatever you want to call her, she is working to support her kids, and she goes to church every Sunday, and tells everyone who will listen about God's love for all mankind.

Written By: SoyUnHombre on 03/28/05 at 6:39 pm

I beleive in Christ, and I try my best to do what's right, but I do not tell people to beleive or find God, I live my life doing what I think will make it better for my kids (they are the only ones that I tell the stories of God and Jesus too)

I lived my life like that too, for quite some time.
...only problem with that, is that Jesus doesn't want us hiding our lights under a basket.
I don't announce my faith like some elitist either, but when someone starts the conversation,
I'll add my 2 cents, and leave it at that....and forums like this are fine too.

I appoligize for that.

Thanks for letting me know that your tone was not accusatory.
Since we have no speech inflection here,
it can be difficult to understand someones' intentions at times.

People sin all the time and that doesn't make them any less Christian.
I know one person that is a "lady of the night", "call girl", "hooker" whatever you want to call her,
she is working to support her kids, and she goes to church every Sunday,
and tells everyone who will listen about God's love for all mankind.

I am not The Judge.
Regarding Christianity, I think, we should look to the guidebook for the answers.
What does it say?

When one is learning ,...say.... to play a musical instrument,.....one reads, studies and practices.
When one is proficient at what they have learned, the sounds that they make are pleasant.
...conversely, one does not learn to play, and then continue to play the wrong notes purposefully...
The point of it all, is to play something that sounds good , not to continue making
the same mistakes over and over and over again.

Christianity is NOT an easy thing to do.

Written By: Harmonica on 03/28/05 at 6:44 pm

When did I say he deserved to have his child murdered, that he shouldn't feel bad about it or that he should consult and approve of the woman who did?  Thank you for admitting that YOU KEPT AFTER ME.  The same fashion I treated Ralph?  I don't even know him so how on earth could I treat him one way or the other?  Do I feel sorry for his situation?  Yes, but I am not directly involved so I have no real say either way.  Do I think he has more right to tell the girl to continue the pregnancy than she does to terminate it?  No.  Not even if the situation was reversed and he didn't want her to continue it.  Do I think they should have discussed what they would do in the event of an unplanned pregnancy before having sex?  Yes.  And, IMO, if they don't agree, they shouldn't do it.

I don't use tacit premises...I say what I mean and if you don't like that I'm a strong woman, too darned bad.  I'm not going to change to please anyone. ::) Maybe YOU should get your nose out of the sky.  Look at the "Do you believe in God poll".   More than twice as many people said they DO believe than DON'T.  And, many of those who said they don't said they aren't sure.  So, it's nowhere close to the % you said originally.

You knocked Ralph and you know you did.  I'd like to see you go up to Lacy Peterson's parents and ask them in your sympathetic rational tone of voice to look at how Scott feels and understand with openess why he visciously murdered their daughter. Cause that's what you suggested Ralph did, and if that's not a straight low blow, then you tell me what is.

You wanna act all I'm just a helpless person that stated your opinion, fine, you do so, but you knocked Ralph, and let me give you a piece of advice.

After pouring gasoline all over me, IF you DIDN'T, want to see me on fire, then you SHOULDN'T have litten a match in my face.

Written By: Harmonica on 03/28/05 at 6:46 pm

And Simon Cowell is not a singer, but he's dead-on everytime.

It doesn't matter if I chose to no longer identify myself as a Christian (oh, about five years ago... such a long time ::)), I still know my sh!t. If I were lauding you for your Christ-like behaviour it would be a different story, I'm sure. But since I'm calling you on your hypocritical bullsh!t, all of a sudden I'm incapable of knowing what a "good Christian" is. I'm also not a six-year-old, but I can certainly tell whether or not my nephew is being bratty. This situation is a lot like that.

The bible talks about Judgement, tell me about that.

Written By: whitewolf on 03/28/05 at 7:14 pm

I lived my life like that too, for quite some time.
...only problem with that, is that Jesus doesn't want us hiding our lights under a basket.
I don't announce my faith like some elitist either, but when someone starts the conversation,
I'll add my 2 cents, and leave it at that....and forums like this are fine too.

I have talked to others about the Lord Our Creater, had great discussions with others who beleive, in the past i have tried to talk to non-beleivers, including my sister, and was told to shut up. Thats why now I only teach my children of his love.

Thanks for letting me know that your tone was not accusatory.
Since we have no speech inflection here,
it can be difficult to understand someones' intentions at times.

your Welcome

Christianity is NOT an easy thing to do.

Nothing in life is easy.

Written By: SoyUnHombre on 03/28/05 at 7:23 pm

I have talked to others about the Lord Our Creater, had great discussions with others who beleive, in the past i have tried to talk to non-beleivers, including my sister, and was told to shut up. Thats why now I only teach my children of his love.

Well, that's my story too, as it is with many.
I have been rejected by family and friends too.
...but, you know, they are not rejecting you, but Christ.
I am believing for their salvation, nonetheless.
I don't push it on them, but God has His ways and means committee,
and eventually, they'll come to the end of their ropes over something.
Just remember to love them, the situation could just as easily be reversed.

It's very good that you teach your children,
they certainly aren't going to get it anywhere else.
and they WILL remember it.

Written By: whitewolf on 03/28/05 at 7:31 pm

Well, that's my story too, as it is with many.
I have been rejected by family and friends too.
...but, you know, they are not rejecting you, but Christ.
I am believing for their salvation, nonetheless.
I don't push it on them, but God has His ways and means committee,
and eventually, they'll come to the end of their ropes over something.
Just remember to love them, the situation could just as easily be reversed.

It's very good that you teach your children,
they certainly aren't going to get it anywhere else.
and they WILL remember it.

I know it's not me they are rejecting, and I also know(in my sister's case) why she doesn't want to accept the Lord. Personally I even understand why.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/28/05 at 9:33 pm

Agnostic's P.O.V. here.

Part of this discussion relates to the cliche "What would Jesus do?"

As I see it, you have "Jesus" and you have "Christ."  There was the man named Jesus who we know from the "Sermon on the Mount" and the plain-spoken new philosophy he spoke to the Roman world.  Then there is "Christ," the annointed one.  "Christ" is the Christian Messiah the Gospels of the New Testament tell us the man named Jesus became after He was newly risen after He was witnessed dying on the cross.

The Gospels were written decades and centuries after the man named Jesus lived.  I'm not referring to The Da Vinci Code theories here, only to the known facts that there were many texts the founders of the Christian church left out of the Canon of the NT.  Christianity was not founded by Jesus the man, but by mortal men with their own motivations.  Whether or not The Da Vinci Code folks are specifically correct is debatable.  However, we can safely assume there were political and social motivations by the church founders when they were deciding what texts would be in the Canon, and what texts by default would become "Apocryphal."

No one I know has any beef with the words of Jesus the man.  Those who take take issue with Christianity object to the patriarchal church founded in the name of "Christ."  One might argue the 2000 years of authoritarianism, misogyny, persecution, war-making, and bloodshed wrought by the Christian church are the wrong-headed actions of mortal men acting not from the words of Jesus, but from the sinful and fallen state of mankind as revealed in the Old Testament. 

The despicable American "Christian Right" of which we speak today is merely a continuation of the crusades, inquisitions, witch hunts, phony papacies, anti-nomianism, and church-state cronyism we saw five hundred and a thousand years ago.

Written By: Harmonica on 03/29/05 at 2:17 am

Think what you want.  You have someone else's comments confused with mine (not the first and I'm sure not the last time THAT will happen ::)).  I KNOW I didn't do anything of the sort and, even if I had it in black and white (which I don't because the thread was deleted while I was away for a short time) you'd still say that I said something I didn't....so, whatever ::) That makes no sense...you stated my opinion?  litten?  (is that even a word?)Like I said above, even if I had the thread to refer back to, you would still think what you want....since you seem to be able to read everyone's mind and know what they are thinking....must be nice to be omnipotent ::)

I don't read your mind, I read your post.

You clearly stated that Ralph should have thought about how she felt. Well then shouldn't Lacy Peterson's parents care how Scott felt?
It's the same thing.  It makes plenty of sense, what doesn't make sense is how heartless you can be towards someone else, then when you get that sheesh you shove, shoved back in your face......ooh ooh ooh poor me.

Fact of the matter is that Kari was a heartless B I T C H that should rot in hell for what she did.  The man that raped you was a dirty F'N bastard, and he should rot in hell for what he did.

But it's perfectly fine to murder someones unborn child, but it's not perfectly fine to rape a woman.

Your the one that don't make sense

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/29/05 at 2:22 am

Part of this discussion relates to the cliche "What would Jesus do?"

I try to put a bit of humor on it and think of what Brian Boitano would do. 

I think there's a guy or two named Jesus that I work with, but I'm not sure I would do what they do :D Pretty cool guys though.

But it's perfectly fine to murder someones unborn child, but it's not perfectly fine to rape a woman.

Uh...so you're saying you think it's okay to rape a woman?  ??? ::) Man you're twisted.

Your the one that don't make sense

"You're".  And see above.

Written By: Harmonica on 03/29/05 at 2:29 am

I think there's a guy or two named Jesus that I work with, but I'm not sure I would do what they do :D Pretty cool guys though.

Uh...so you're saying you think it's okay to rape a woman?   ??? ::) Man you're twisted.

"You're".  And see above.

Your You're whatever, take a hint, you know what I meant.

No I'm not saying that it's okay to Rape a woman, I think it's one of the most awful things that anyone could ever do. And most people agree with me on that.

What I'm saying IS -----------> that Rape is bad, it IS wrong......and IT IS ALSO wrong to murder a baby, born or unborn. it's wrong to murder a baby

THAT IS what I'm saying.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/29/05 at 2:31 am

Your You're whatever, take a hint, you know what I meant.

No I'm not saying that it's okay to Rape a woman, I think it's one of the most awful things that anyone could ever do. And most people agree with me on that.

What I'm saying IS -----------> that Rape is bad, it IS wrong......and IT IS ALSO wrong to murder a baby, born or unborn. it's wrong to murder a baby

THAT IS what I'm saying.

Might make a point better if you learned how to use grammar and spelling properly.

By the way, I was just going by what you posted, not what you were thinking in your head :D

Written By: Jessica on 03/29/05 at 2:34 am

What I'm saying IS -----------> that Rape is bad, it IS wrong......and IT IS ALSO wrong to murder a baby, born or unborn. it's wrong to murder a baby. 

THAT IS what I'm saying.

So forgive them. You're Christian and that is what this topic is about: forgiveness.

Really? I think of this:

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/29/05 at 2:36 am

Hmmm...I would think that Jesus would walk on water for a Klondike Bar.

Although the Jesuses (Jesi?) I know would probably just whip out an ATM card after going to the frozen section and picking one up.

Written By: Jessica on 03/29/05 at 2:38 am

Hmmm...I would think that Jesus would walk on water for a Klondike Bar.

Or maybe turn water into wine.

Dang...maybe we should make a WWJD for a Klondike Bar topic.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/29/05 at 2:41 am

Do you think Jesus has something like "The Force" where he can bring Klondike Bars to him?  That would rock.  Jesus is cool.

Written By: Jessica on 03/29/05 at 2:43 am

Do you think Jesus has something like "The Force" where he can bring Klondike Bars to him?  That would rock.  Jesus is cool.

Dude, he was the son of God, not the son of George Lucas. :D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/29/05 at 2:44 am

Dude, he was the son of God, not the son of George Lucas. :D

George Lucas lost his godhood when he made Attack of the Clones.

Not even GOD liked that travesty :P

Although Yoda was pretty cool. 

Written By: Jessica on 03/29/05 at 2:45 am

George Lucas lost his godhood when he made Attack of the Clones.

Not even GOD liked that travesty :P

Although Yoda was pretty cool. 

;D

Written By: sputnikcorp on 03/29/05 at 9:25 am

who the hell is ralph?!

Written By: whitewolf on 03/29/05 at 9:38 am

who the hell is ralph?!

Ralph is Harmonica's friend that, his girlfriend had an abortion. I guess it upset him so much that he either killed himself or got killed in a car wreck. Not too sure on that part, and from some posts that Harmonica had on another thread (which is now deleted) He wasn't too sure either.

Written By: Harmonica on 03/29/05 at 10:20 am

Might make a point better if you learned how to use grammar and spelling properly.

By the way, I was just going by what you posted, not what you were thinking in your head :D

The usage of Bold, Italized, and Underline didn't work the way I thought they would when I tried using them.  Explanation of the grammatical error.

Written By: Harmonica on 03/29/05 at 10:24 am

So forgive them. You're Christian and that is what this topic is about: forgiveness.

Really? I think of this:

In order to forgive somebody, that person has to be in a state of forgiveness.  You can't forgive someone that isn't sorry, and you sure as Hell can't forgive someone that would do the exact same thing over and over again if given a chance.

You got the wrong definition of forgiveness if you think that it works in the mannor of do whatever evils you want to over and over again because you'll keep being forgiven.

If a man goes out and rapes a woman, then gets put in prison for x amount of years for punishment, then comes out of jail and he never sexually or physically abuses a woman ever again, YES he should be forgiven.  But kiss my A$$ if you want me to forgive him when all he will do as soon as he gets out of prison is rape the first hot broad that crosses his path.

Written By: Harmonica on 03/29/05 at 10:31 am

I said that Ralph should have known how she felt BEFORE they had sex.  Big difference.  It's called taking responsibility.  If he KNEW before they had sex that if there was an unwanted pregnancy, she would have an abortion and had sex anyway, then sorry, I think he should have known what was coming.  I NEVER said he had to like it, but if he's going to play with fire, there's a chance he'll get burned.  If that makes me a heartless b*tc*, then so be it.  oooh, oooh, poor me?  When did I say that?  YOU'RE the one who keeps whining about people "attacking YOU".  People don't agree with <a  style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=24&k=me%20too" onmouseover="window.status='me, too'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">me, too</a> darned bad.  So, I've used things that have happened to ME PERSONALLY to make a point....I think it's better than using the "I know a person who" bull that ANYONE could <a  style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=24&k=make%20up" onmouseover="window.status='make up'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">make up</a>. 

Do you think if Lacy Peterson's parents had known that Scott probably would kill her they would have blessed the marriage to begin with?  Don't think so.  Do you think Lacy would have married him, knowing that if things didn't go his way, he'd kill her?  Probably not.  It's not even the same thing, anyway, but you can't see that because you're going to think what you want, no matter what anyone says.  Even if God came down and said "A life does not begin until the Xth week, therefore abortion done prior to that time is NOT murder", you'd still think it was.  ::)

And if God came down and said that life begins at conception and  it was wrong and evil to have an abortion,  you'd look at God and say, "well it's a matter of choice"  :D

It is the same thing....MURDER

Millions upon millions of people have sex everyday, do you think they discuss that before getting it on?  Do you honestly think that a large % of them do?

Sorry that I haven't been raped yet, but if I had been, I sure as hell wouldn't be like you and tell other people that I have a right to hate the person that raped me and never forgive him, but Someone else has no right to hate the person or never forgive them that did something God awful to them.

Written By: Harmonica on 03/29/05 at 10:34 am

who the hell is ralph?!

Ralph was one of my Uncle Mike's best friends. He lived in a town about 10 miles away, and he worked at a gas station in my town.

Ralph was in a car accident that was ruled as an Accident, but it was during an extremely depressing time in his life, so along with quite a few others I believe but don't know for sure that he could have committed suicide.

Written By: whitewolf on 03/29/05 at 10:46 am

Sorry that I haven't been raped yet, but if I had been, I sure as hell wouldn't be like you and tell other people that I have a right to hate the person that raped me and never forgive him, but Someone else has no right to hate the person or never forgive them that did something God awful to them.

I was raped when I was young as well and I will never forgive that person, that was an act done to me. Having an abortion is not "done" to hurt people. It was not an act against your friend.

Written By: Harmonica on 03/29/05 at 10:58 am

I was raped when I was young as well and I will never forgive that person, that was an act done to me. Having an abortion is not "done" to hurt people. It was not an act against your friend.

Not always. but in this circumstance: Yes it is. Yes it was.

Written By: whitewolf on 03/29/05 at 12:01 pm

She disagreed with him and you so that makes her out to hurt both of you. SHE SHOULD BE SHOT, imagine making a decision on her own.

Written By: Jessica on 03/29/05 at 1:13 pm

In order to forgive somebody, that person has to be in a state of forgiveness.  You can't forgive someone that isn't sorry, and you sure as Hell can't forgive someone that would do the exact same thing over and over again if given a chance.

Are you referring to Ralph's chick again? Dude, from the sound of things, I would've aborted the kid too with both of you breathing down my neck about it. I sincerely hope you're offended by what I just said. :)

You got the wrong definition of forgiveness if you think that it works in the mannor of do whatever evils you want to over and over again because you'll keep being forgiven.

I really don't give a flying pig sh*t if people forgive me or not. The way I live my life and what I do is between me and my God. He'll forgive me when the time comes and if not, well then I'll learn my lesson in hell...if such a place exists.

If a man goes out and rapes a woman, then gets put in prison for x amount of years for punishment, then comes out of jail and he never sexually or physically abuses a woman ever again, YES he should be forgiven.  But kiss my A$$ if you want me to forgive him when all he will do as soon as he gets out of prison is rape the first hot broad that crosses his path.

"First hot broad"? My, how sexist you are! I didn't know Christians could be like that. And for your information buddy, if a dude is a frickin psychopath, he won't rape the "first hot broad" he sees. He'll rape whatever he can get his hands on, including your young a$$.

Dude, if you had any brains whatsoever, you'll know that I'm responding only to irritate you. I don't like you and it's not because you're Christian. The many Christians on this board have their opinions about things and I have mine. We get along fine. I respect them for their convictions and they don't bug me about being a heathen of sorts. The big difference here is that they don't act like jerks about what they believe in. I love talking about religions and stuff, but when someone comes at me and shoves their religion and beliefs down my throat and acts like everything but their opinion is wrong, it does get annoying.

I'm done here. If you care to shovel your sh*t at me more, send it to me in a PM. I guarantee though that any response you get from me will be filled with more expletives than I use in my messages on here.

Written By: McDonald on 03/29/05 at 1:48 pm

If the guy committed suicide, it was his decision to do so. No one held a gun to his head, so to speak. You can't blame the would-be mother for his committing suicide; that's just backwater and stupid. He obviously made a dumb decision to have unprotected sex with this woman (whom he apparently didn't know as well as he thought he did) and he's responsible for his own choices. One choice that was not his was whether or not this woman was going to give birth to the child, and he should have known that before he chose to engage in the sex act which knocked her up in the first place. They're called condoms people. Use them and use them correctly... every time.

Written By: McDonald on 03/29/05 at 1:56 pm

Oh, come on McD...you can't expect them to talk about stuff like this BEFORE they have sex....that's just....that's just....unrealistic.  Obviously, he didn't want to have sex and she forced him to simply so she could abort her pregnancy and drive him to depression.  And, didn't you know that it's the WOMAN's obligation to use the appropriate birth control?  The poor guy was just a pawn in her sick, sadistic game.  She should be charged with murder for forcing him to kill himself (if it truly WAS suicide)  Can't you see that it was all the woman's fault? :o

Totally... What a b!tch.  :P

Written By: Harmonica on 03/29/05 at 3:13 pm

She disagreed with him and you so that makes her out to hurt both of you. SHE SHOULD BE SHOT, imagine making a decision on her own.

To kill Ralph's kid....can you explain how that isn't hurting Ralph?

Written By: Harmonica on 03/29/05 at 3:16 pm

Well, considering I don't agree 100% with everything "God" supposedly says, yeah, you're right I would. I always did and so did my friends.  You think it's possible to keep people from having sex, why is it so unrealistic to expect them to talk about something like an unplanned pregnancy? What?  So, you have the right to tell them they HAVE to forgive the person, but I don't have the right to tell them that it's their CHOICE (because I would NEVER tell someone how they should feel) to forgive or not?  That's twisted, man.

What in the world are you trying to pull here on me?  You clearly stated in both Ralph and the other person I brought up that they SHOULD forgive the woman for killing there kid.  You also cleary stated that when I said that I'd find it harder than hell to forgive a daughter for having an abortion that I was "WRONG" for doing so....but if my son raped a girl and I didn't want to forgive him for that, that'd be perfectly fine.

Your twisted, you go back on things you said, meant, and sure as Hell felt.

Written By: Harmonica on 03/29/05 at 3:23 pm

Are you referring to Ralph's chick again? Dude, from the sound of things, I would've aborted the kid too with both of you breathing down my neck about it. I sincerely hope you're offended by what I just said. :)

I really don't give a flying pig sh*t if people forgive me or not. The way I live my life and what I do is between me and my God. He'll forgive me when the time comes and if not, well then I'll learn my lesson in hell...if such a place exists.

"First hot broad"? My, how sexist you are! I didn't know Christians could be like that. And for your information buddy, if a dude is a frickin psychopath, he won't rape the "first hot broad" he sees. He'll rape whatever he can get his hands on, including your young a$$.

Dude, if you had any brains whatsoever, you'll know that I'm responding only to irritate you. I don't like you and it's not because you're Christian. The many Christians on this board have their opinions about things and I have mine. We get along fine. I respect them for their convictions and they don't bug me about being a heathen of sorts. The big difference here is that they don't act like jerks about what they believe in. I love talking about religions and stuff, but when someone comes at me and shoves their religion and beliefs down my throat and acts like everything but their opinion is wrong, it does get annoying.

I'm done here. If you care to shovel your sh*t at me more, send it to me in a PM. I guarantee though that any response you get from me will be filled with more expletives than I use in my messages on here.

I never breathed down her throat. Infact I've never said anything to her ever.  You make it sound so God awful wrong that Ralph didnt' want his kid to be murdered.  He offered her so much, but she had the kid murdered anyway.  And you make Ralph out to be the bad guy.

Let's do this Crazymom style.....Perhaps I hope Hell does exist, and maybe  I hope you do go. There could be a chance, not saying there is but there could be a chance I hope your offended by that  :)

Not all rapeist are pyschopaths that screw the first thing they see...it's clinically proven that some don't chose randomly but select decively. Just for you Information...BUD

That makes me very happy to know that you don't like me, sorta sad that you don't hate me.

I'm not gonna PM you. That'd be a waste of my time....make sure you tell your son that when he's old enough to understand, that if you woulda had someone like Ralph beg you not to kill him, that you would have, just to irrate him. Sure it'll make him feel real loved by mommy.

Written By: whitewolf on 03/29/05 at 3:29 pm

What in the world are you trying to pull here on me?  You clearly stated in both Ralph and the other person I brought up that they SHOULD forgive the woman for killing there kid.  You also cleary stated that when I said that I'd find it harder than hell to forgive a daughter for having an abortion that I was "WRONG" for doing so....but if my son raped a girl and I didn't want to forgive him for that, that'd be perfectly fine.

Your twisted, you go back on things you said, meant, and sure as Hell felt.

Nobody said anything about Ralph having to forgive her, what was said was that maybe he should have talked to her to find out her reasons, but lucky for you, those posts were deleted, and can't be verified. or maybe thats why you bring it up.

Written By: whitewolf on 03/29/05 at 3:31 pm

I'm not gonna PM you. That'd be a waste of my time....make sure you tell your son that when he's old enough to understand, that if you woulda had someone like Ralph beg you not to kill him, that you would have, just to irrate him. Sure it'll make him feel real loved by mommy.

You have really flipped you wig this time, you know that.

Written By: McDonald on 03/29/05 at 3:34 pm

Wow. That's all I can say.

Written By: Harmonica on 03/29/05 at 3:35 pm

Nobody said anything about Ralph having to forgive her, what was said was that maybe he should have talked to her to find out her reasons, but lucky for you, those posts were deleted, and can't be verified. or maybe thats why you bring it up.

I'm not the one that deleted them.

Written By: Harmonica on 03/29/05 at 3:36 pm

You have really flipped you wig this time, you know that.

I tried fighting fire with water, but it didn't work. So I fought fire with fire.

Written By: Jessica on 03/29/05 at 3:37 pm

I'm such a liar. I should know better than to say I'm done on a subject. ;D

I'm not gonna PM you.

I knew you'd say that. You want to make sure everyone sees what is said. That's fine with me because you're just digging yourself deeper and deeper and appearing to be a major a$$hole. :)

make sure you tell your son that when he's old enough to understand, that if you woulda had someone like Ralph beg you not to kill him, that you would have, just to irrate him. Sure it'll make him feel real loved by mommy.

Highly unlikely I would've aborted because I (like Ralph's girlfriend) made my own decision. She sounds like a smart girl though, especially if Ralph was stupid enough to kill himself.

I'd also like to point out that I was absolutely devastated when they said I might have had a miscarriage early on in the pregnancy. Luckily I didn't because my little boy is awesome and will learn how to be tolerant of other people's beliefs and views.

And please tell me what "irrate" is?

Written By: Harmonica on 03/29/05 at 3:49 pm

I'm such a liar. I should know better than to say I'm done on a subject. ;D

I knew you'd say that. You want to make sure everyone sees what is said. That's fine with me because you're just digging yourself deeper and deeper and appearing to be a major a$$hole. :)

Highly unlikely I would've aborted because I (like Ralph's girlfriend) made my own decision. She sounds like a smart girl though, especially if Ralph was stupid enough to kill himself.

I'd also like to point out that I was absolutely devastated when they said I might have had a miscarriage early on in the pregnancy. Luckily I didn't because my little boy is awesome and will learn how to be tolerant of other people's beliefs and views.

And please tell me what "irrate" is?

So it's ok for you to be devestated that you might lose your child...but not ok for a man such as Ralph to be devesated?

She was a smart girl....heartless girl, b i t c h...didn't know that ='d smart.....she'll also PERHAPS end up in Hell one day too...didn't know that was to smart either.

irrate....to spell a word wrong when your typing really fast and don't care to much about grammar or making mistakes.

I was an a$$hole before I started to get down and dirty with the rest of you, just because I stood by my beliefs.  So If I'm an a$$hole just for that, then I might as well live up to my name and be a real a$$hole.

Written By: whitewolf on 03/29/05 at 3:51 pm

I was an a$$hole before I started to get down and dirty with the rest of you, just because I stood by my beliefs.  So If I'm an a$$hole just for that, then I might as well live up to my name and be a real a$$hole.

I think you have already proven this point.

Written By: Harmonica on 03/29/05 at 3:59 pm

I think you have already proven this point.

How can I not, how can I not.

Crazymom treated me as if I was WRONG and had no idea what I was talking about, just for the simple fact that I opposed abortion.

McDonald treated me like I was a little kid staying up Christmas Eve waiting for Santa Clause to come because I said I believe in and follow God.

You come on here, with this going back and forth, EQUALLY, and treat it as if the people bashing me and my beilefs aren't doing so, then treat me like I'm firering at armless foes.

I don't mind having other people state there opinions thats perfectly fine, but they better back that opinion up when the going gets tough.

but tough, isn't what I get, instead I get gutless lies and other cheap reactions.

Written By: whitewolf on 03/29/05 at 4:07 pm

How can I not, how can I not.

Crazymom treated me as if I was WRONG and had no idea what I was talking about, just for the simple fact that I opposed abortion.

McDonald treated me like I was a little kid staying up Christmas Eve waiting for Santa Clause to come because I said I believe in and follow God.

You come on here, with this going back and forth, EQUALLY, and treat it as if the people bashing me and my beilefs aren't doing so, then treat me like I'm firering at armless foes.

I don't mind having other people state there opinions thats perfectly fine, but they better back that opinion up when the going gets tough.

but tough, isn't what I get, instead I get gutless lies and other cheap reactions.

You are the one forcing people to back their opinion, we stated ours and you jumped all over it.

Written By: Harmonica on 03/29/05 at 4:16 pm

You are the one forcing people to back their opinion, we stated ours and you jumped all over it.

You must not have been here from the very beggining.

Written By: whitewolf on 03/29/05 at 4:19 pm

You must not have been here from the very beggining.

I was here long enough, I remember the wtf statement and the f*ck you statement, both times you were bitching about everyone being evil, except of course you, because you are the only person who loves babies and want them to live. the rest of us (although we are parents) hate to see children born.

Written By: McDonald on 03/29/05 at 4:45 pm

I did no such thing. If so, it was no fault of mine... I can't be responible for how my posts make you feel. Besdides, you're so addicted to being the victim, I could kiss you on the forehead and you'd start in with the waterworks.

Written By: whitewolf on 03/29/05 at 8:40 pm

no one is bashing your beliefs, we all stated our opinions and you couldn't handle it. I have said and I believe crazymom has said that personally we don't agree with abortion but we won't tell anyone else what to do with their own body.  Your so contrary that you make me want to disagree with everything, even if I agree with you.

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/29/05 at 8:47 pm

Well, I can say that is certainly how I feel. Or do you want me to lie to you?

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/29/05 at 9:16 pm

But, don't you see, he doesn't see that point all he sees is "we don't agree with abortion but we won't tell anyone else what to do with their own body". In his little black and white world, you cannot disagree with someone's beliefs or actions but support their rights to believe/do it.

Zing!

Harmonica seems to be pretty confrontational. He complains that we dont' respect his views, but he expresses them in a pretty stand offish manner.

Written By: UKVisitor on 03/29/05 at 10:36 pm

Woah - who needs Jerry Springer or Oprah  ::)

Written By: whitewolf on 03/29/05 at 10:37 pm

Woah - who needs Jerry Springer or Oprah  ::)

Jerry springer please, he makes things more interesting   ;D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/29/05 at 10:43 pm

*lifts shirt*

...I just wanted my springer beads.

~Beth

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/29/05 at 11:01 pm

;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/29/05 at 11:06 pm

OK youse guys, Chucky locked the "Pro-life/Pro-choice" thread.  Let's all try to take it a little easier on the seething replies!  I don't want to see restrictions on discussion topics come to pass.
:o

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/29/05 at 11:07 pm

You're right.

~Beth

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/29/05 at 11:07 pm

Wow!
This thread keeps getting more and more interesting everytime I check it!!! I can't believe people's fingers aren't hurting with all of the typing and all....geez..give it a rest dude.

Written By: Alicia on 03/29/05 at 11:16 pm

Wow!
This thread keeps getting more and more interesting everytime I check it!!! I can't believe people's fingers aren't hurting with all of the typing and all....geez..give it a rest dude.

maybe they had to type with toes I think theyre fingers fell off lol

Written By: whitewolf on 03/29/05 at 11:27 pm

maybe they had to type with toes I think theyre fingers fell off lol

nope still got mine.

Written By: Alicia on 03/29/05 at 11:33 pm

nope still got mine.

ok good....because then you wouldnt be able to stablize yourself standing up :)

Written By: Harmonica on 03/30/05 at 12:34 am

I never said he SHOULD forgive her.  Forgiveness was never an issue, except obviously in your mind.  And, with the whole daughter/son issue, I never said that you had NO RIGHT to forgive/not forgive them. 

Unfortunately, that thread has been deleted, which I have a sinking feeling this one will be as well, so there's no way to prove that I have never contradicted ANYTHING I've said...how fortunate for you.  As I said before, and others have pointed out as well, you see what you want.  It's your way or the highway.  People give you facts and you dismiss them simply because they don't jive with your beliefs. Oh give me a break.  I simply asked you a question and YOU jumped all over me with some ranting story about a girl who had 3 abortions and I was probably cheering for her.  YOU were the one who called me a heartless b*tc* for believing that abortion should be a woman's choice....I'd like you to show me 1 time when I've called YOU a name? Oh, that's right, YOU weren't doing any of the name calling.  How quickly I forget ::)  I DID back my opinion up with facts, to which you replied with emotion and religion.  Where are the gutless lies?  As far as I can tell, you're just as guilty of the cheap reactions, if not more so.  How many times have you called people on this thread and others "heartless"?  Me more than others.  You accuse ME of playing dirty and YOU'RE the one calling names.....not very Christian of you ::)

I said EQUALLY....

So what if I'm not very christian on this board, it's not a very Pollitically correct thing to do, especially surrounded by atheist.

Written By: Harmonica on 03/30/05 at 1:14 am

Oh, especially me.  I'm obviously the ringleader of the "heartless, baby-murderers".   shhhhhh!!!  Don't tell my 3 kids that - especially the one who was conceived out of wedlock :o ;)

Starring at a picture of my nephew right now.  Remember once when my sister told him that she loved him more than anything and how she would't give him up for anything in the whole wide world.  I used to think that all mom's were like my sister. But I suppose the beauty of life is learning about the ugly in it.

Written By: Harmonica on 03/30/05 at 1:17 am

I did no such thing. If so, it was no fault of mine... I can't be responible for how my posts make you feel. Besdides, you're so addicted to being the victim, I could kiss you on the forehead and you'd start in with the waterworks.

I ain't addicted to being the victem, I'm addicted to  being treated fairly.  This is a --------> <------------ deal and I get treated as if it is just a 
----------> deal.

Keep it at could

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/30/05 at 1:18 am

Harmonica...
you make some really good points...but you have crappy ways of getting them across to people....It's not that people despise you for your comments/opinions that you post...it's the way you go about doing it that makes people upset. There will always be people in life that will disagree with your ways/viewpoints of life......but that doesn't make them horrible people...just people who think differently than yourself. Like I said earlier in this thread....sometimes..the best thing to do is "agree to disagree"....it saves alot of heartache in the end....I am not saying that you should simply be quiet and not voice your opinions...just maybe use some discretion as to how it is being portrayed...that's all.

I am off my soapbox now...

Written By: Harmonica on 03/30/05 at 1:20 am

no one is bashing your beliefs, we all stated our opinions and you couldn't handle it. I have said and I believe crazymom has said that personally we don't agree with abortion but we won't tell anyone else what to do with their own body.  Your so contrary that you make me want to disagree with everything, even if I agree with you.

Why do you speak for everyone?

Written By: Harmonica on 03/30/05 at 1:21 am

Well, I can say that is certainly how I feel. Or do you want me to lie to you?

No I don't want you to lie to me, I honestly do despise liars.

Written By: Harmonica on 03/30/05 at 1:40 am

But, don't you see, he doesn't see that point all he sees is "we don't agree with abortion but we won't tell anyone else what to do with their own body".  In his little black and white world, you cannot disagree with someone's beliefs or actions but support their rights to believe/do it.

Don't get a haircut...dont' kill a child.....same lines as own body....

You know a woman was raped the other day in Chicago...or most likely was...they're supposed to have somewhere between 15-20 daily. That woman should have known that there was someone hiding behind her car when she walked out of the shop in the mall she worked at at 9:00 the other night.  It was her fault for not knowing that there was a gutter trash that was looking for a piece of action and it was her fault for not assuming that she would be the one on that particular night to get the crap beat out of her then forced into sexual intercourse against her actions. When she went to the police station the first thing the cops asked her was if the guy enjoyed it, and when she started crying, they laughed in her face then looked at her like there was something wrong with her and said, "Don't you care about his feelings?".  The lady was obviously outta whack because she actually espected somone to feel sorry for her and want to get the bastard that had raped her.  She felt a since of relief as she saw the man being brought into the the police station, but knew there was something deathly wrong when she saw that he had a blanket rapped around him and the police officers were treating him as if he were the victem.  The looked at the lady then started to call her names and one officer spat on her as he walked by saying, "why couldn't you have been more willing, the poor man was horny."  The woman reached up her hand and put it across her spilt lip and started to cry again. This angered the police and they told her to leave or they would lock her up. She walked out of the police station and then went home and went to bed. The next morning she woke up and went to work. She was greated by her boss, who looked madder than a black jack pine and she was fired without a word of her own defense.  Her coworkers wouldn't even look her way, as she left the mall.  She went home and ran into her sister, the only person that actually cared about what happened to her, and looked at her as the victem.  Her sister told her that she had been at the coffee shop when the incident was brought up and she was thrown out for standing up for her. 

Story seem out of whack to you?  It should.  Thank the Good lord that Rape isn't looked at in the same matter as abortion.

Written By: Harmonica on 03/30/05 at 1:44 am

Harmonica...
you make some really good points...but you have crappy ways of getting them across to people....It's not that people despise you for your comments/opinions that you post...it's the way you go about doing it that makes people upset. There will always be people in life that will disagree with your ways/viewpoints of life......but that doesn't make them horrible people...just people who think differently than yourself. Like I said earlier in this thread....sometimes..the best thing to do is "agree to disagree"....it saves alot of heartache in the end....I am not saying that you should simply be quiet and not voice your opinions...just maybe use some discretion as to how it is being portrayed...that's all.

I am off my soapbox now...

I used to write them differently, used to not get so radical. People probably tell you that even since the very start I always put harsh things down and always fought fire with fire, but I didn't used.  I took all I could take, then I got so sick of being treated like a lesser because I wasn't with the majority that I finally decided to live by the Golden Rule and start doing unto others exactly how they were doing unto me. 

Written By: tulip on 03/30/05 at 3:27 am

First things first - Christians aren't perfect.  They're still sinners just like everyone else.  They screw up just as much as everyone else.  Yes, they should be different and set a good example, but they shouldn't be put upon a pedestal.  And for the record, I think a good majority of people who call themselves Christians really haven't committed their life to being one and truly living as Christ did and wants them to.  Let's also take into account Extreme Christians - I don't think they either are really living as Christ would have them.
Let's look at the definition of FORGIVE:  1) to grant pardon for or remission of (an offense, sin, etc.)  2) to cancel or remit 3) to cease to feel resentment against.  I don't know about anyone else, but that last one really grabs me.  That's extremely hard for me to let go, and I'm sure I'm not the only one in the world who struggles with that.  That's why we're not instructed to TRY to forgive, but to just do it.  Many times we can't forgive someone on our own - it takes being willing to let God work in your life and change you and help you.  To quote Jesus: "For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.  But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins."  Matthew 6:14,15.
"Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me?  Up to seven times?"  Jesus answered, " I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times."  Matthew 18:21,22.  It's apparent we're not supposed to withold forgiveness in any amount, not even from our enemies.  And that also makes it hard.
If there are "Christians" out there who believe vengeance and violence is O.K. and the way, they obviously haven't studied the ways of the One they say they're following.  Keep in mind, that's also the view of many, many more - who aren't Christians.

Written By: whitewolf on 03/30/05 at 6:50 am

I used to write them differently, used to not get so radical. People probably tell you that even since the very start I always put harsh things down and always fought fire with fire, but I didn't used.  I took all I could take, then I got so sick of being treated like a lesser because I wasn't with the majority that I finally decided to live by the Golden Rule and start doing unto others exactly how they were doing unto me. 

BS

Written By: whitewolf on 03/30/05 at 6:51 am

No I don't want you to lie to me, I honestly do despise liars.

sounds like words out of my mouth, can't think of your own line eh.

Written By: whitewolf on 03/30/05 at 6:55 am

Why do you speak for everyone?

because I can read, I don't see anyone putting down your beliefs, that's only in your imagination.  You see what you want and nothing more.

By the way,  you're some frecking lucky.

Written By: SoyUnHombre on 03/30/05 at 12:06 pm

I know it's not me they are rejecting, and I also know(in my sister's case) why she doesn't want to accept the Lord. Personally I even understand why.

I am sorry to have heard that.
..is it because you find the pleasures of sin for a season to be more rewarding?
or is it because you are ashamed to be identified with Him?

Written By: whitewolf on 03/30/05 at 12:27 pm

I am sorry to have heard that.
..is it because you find the pleasures of sin for a season to be more rewarding?
or is it because you are ashamed to be identified with Him?

Uh no, I understand how she could be rejecting the lord, because I myself rejected the catholic church and won't go back,(not all churches, just that one).

When my father was dying, we called for the priest to come and give him his last rites; we were told not to call until we knew that he would be dying that night. 

The church person then called the nurses and told them not to let us call there again, and for the nurses to call when they think he would be dying.

So she has reason to reject the church, she is just getting the church confused with the lord.

Written By: Harmonica on 03/30/05 at 1:51 pm

No, it doesn't seem out of whack.  Have you ever been interrogated by the police after being raped?  I'm sure you haven't, but I'm sure you know someone who was.  It's not so different than that story you wrote.  And, it's not so far out if you change the rape victim to someone who's had an abortion, but in that case, you'd have to add people calling her names and spitting on her, when they know nothing about her particular situation. 

Back, OT, my view on forgiveness is that there's too much emphasis put on it, especially by some Christians.  IMO, forgive, don't forgive, it all comes down to your choice.  Yes, it's probably better for your mental health to forgive, but noone can tell someone else what to think or feel.  At one point, my best friend was willing to forgive her ex-husband who left her and the kids for another woman and take him back.  Because of him leaving, her health suffered, her financial situation suffered, most of all her kids suffered (they're still in counselling 2 years later), but she was willing to take him back and forgive him.  I've never been in that situation, but I'm not sure that I could.....especially if my husband had hurt my kids so deeply.:-\\

Does anyone ever know aabsolutely every smacking detail about a situation, no loop holes attached?  Know nothing about her particular situation?...knew a Hell of a lot, ALMOST everything.

Written By: whitewolf on 03/30/05 at 1:56 pm

Does anyone ever know aabsolutely every smacking detail about a situation, no loop holes attached?  Know nothing about her particular situation?...knew a Hell of a lot, ALMOST everything.

I think crazymom's statement was in two parts, the first being hypothetical and the second being about a personal friend.

by the way-  You are some frecking lucky!!!

Written By: Jessica on 03/30/05 at 2:01 pm

First things first - Christians aren't perfect.  They're still sinners just like everyone else.  They screw up just as much as everyone else.  Yes, they should be different and set a good example, but they shouldn't be put upon a pedestal.  And for the record, I think a good majority of people who call themselves Christians really haven't committed their life to being one and truly living as Christ did and wants them to.  Let's also take into account Extreme Christians - I don't think they either are really living as Christ would have them.
Let's look at the definition of FORGIVE:  1) to grant pardon for or remission of (an offense, sin, etc.)  2) to cancel or remit 3) to cease to feel resentment against.  I don't know about anyone else, but that last one really grabs me.  That's extremely hard for me to let go, and I'm sure I'm not the only one in the world who struggles with that.  That's why we're not instructed to TRY to forgive, but to just do it.  Many times we can't forgive someone on our own - it takes being willing to let God work in your life and change you and help you.  To quote Jesus: "For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.  But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins."  Matthew 6:14,15.
"Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me?  Up to seven times?"  Jesus answered, " I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times."  Matthew 18:21,22.   It's apparent we're not supposed to withold forgiveness in any amount, not even from our enemies.  And that also makes it hard.
If there are "Christians" out there who believe vengeance and violence is O.K. and the way, they obviously haven't studied the ways of the One they say they're following.  Keep in mind, that's also the view of many, many more - who aren't Christians.

You are very intelligent, tulip. Stick around more. :)

Even though I'm not Christian, I still struggle everyday with trying to forgive someone who insulted me and my husband. It is a hard thing to do because of what this person said. Some days I just want to forgive and forget and other days I just want to hunt them down and strangle them.

If it matters, I managed to forgive my cousin for molesting me. I just can't forget and I'm sorta glad he's dead and gone. :P

Written By: Harmonica on 03/30/05 at 2:03 pm

I think crazymom's statement was in two parts, the first being hypothetical and the second being about a personal friend.

by the way-  You are some frecking lucky!!!

Freakin supposed to be The F word? But just changed when you write it? What is Lucky supposed to be?

Written By: whitewolf on 03/30/05 at 2:06 pm

you are some frecking lucky because.......

you can KISS MY @SS and I can't.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

and don't say I typed in the f...ing word, it's spelled exactly the way I wrote it.

Written By: Alicia on 03/30/05 at 2:40 pm

You are very intelligent, tulip. Stick around more. :)

Even though I'm not Christian, I still struggle everyday with trying to forgive someone who insulted me and my husband. It is a hard thing to do because of what this person said. Some days I just want to forgive and forget and other days I just want to hunt them down and strangle them.

If it matters, I managed to forgive my cousin for molesting me. I just can't forget and I'm sorta glad he's dead and gone. :P

yeah and just like me with people at school...I try to forget that half of them ruined my life and made me so hateful and resentful towards the world but I havent been able to learn how to forgive or forget

Written By: Alicia on 03/30/05 at 2:45 pm

Don't get a haircut...dont' kill a child.....same lines as own body....

You know a woman was raped the other day in Chicago...or most likely was...they're supposed to have somewhere between 15-20 daily. That woman should have known that there was someone hiding behind her car when she walked out of the shop in the mall she worked at at 9:00 the other night.  It was her fault for not knowing that there was a gutter trash that was looking for a piece of action and it was her fault for not assuming that she would be the one on that particular night to get the crap beat out of her then forced into sexual intercourse against her actions. When she went to the police station the first thing the cops asked her was if the guy enjoyed it, and when she started crying, they laughed in her face then looked at her like there was something wrong with her and said, "Don't you care about his feelings?".  The lady was obviously outta whack because she actually espected somone to feel sorry for her and want to get the bastard that had raped her.  She felt a since of relief as she saw the man being brought into the the police station, but knew there was something deathly wrong when she saw that he had a blanket rapped around him and the police officers were treating him as if he were the victem.  The looked at the lady then started to call her names and one officer spat on her as he walked by saying, "why couldn't you have been more willing, the poor man was horny."  The woman reached up her hand and put it across her spilt lip and started to cry again. This angered the police and they told her to leave or they would lock her up. She walked out of the police station and then went home and went to bed. The next morning she woke up and went to work. She was greated by her boss, who looked madder than a black jack pine and she was fired without a word of her own defense.  Her coworkers wouldn't even look her way, as she left the mall.  She went home and ran into her sister, the only person that actually cared about what happened to her, and looked at her as the victem.  Her sister told her that she had been at the coffee shop when the incident was brought up and she was thrown out for standing up for her. 

Story seem out of whack to you?  It should.  Thank the Good lord that Rape isn't looked at in the same matter as abortion.

uhhh.so are you saying that its ok for a woman to get raped...let me ask you something...what would you do if you went somewhere and then suddenly a man jumps out of nowhere and rapes you....god knows where obviously...wow what do you know its your fault you should have known that there are rapists out there who not only like to rape women but men as well..if you can even call yourself that...oh wait...what if you mom was raped..who cares? its her fault anyways.......

as for abortion...the kids not born yet...and look at the world we live in today..how pathetic theres no way I would want to bring a child into this hateful death threatning world.....and abortion is here its here to stay just like rape both are equally sad....and dont forget about the condom thing...its the same thing as killing a child because that sperm could have been something...

Written By: Don Carlos on 03/30/05 at 5:31 pm

The "Ralph and the abortion" thing again.  It does get tiersome.  I responded on another thread, but here goes.  First, if this woman didn't want to get pregnant, where was RALPH'S condom?  Or did she force him into impregnating her just so she could have an abortion?  Was Ralph willing to pay all the expenses of the pregnancy (including her support) and child care (through college) for this kid?  Was he willing to assume custody?  In the other thread I asked the question "when does human life begin?" and got no answer.  There are several biblical references to "the breath of life", which implies that life begins when we take our first breath, so presumably that is when we also become human.  Before that, we are mearly parisites implanted in a (hopefully) willing but (sdometimes) unwilling host.  If Ralph committed suicide, by the way, he not only was guilty of the sin of fornication, but also, as I understand it, the Almighty has set his cannon against self-slaughter, another mortal sin.  Blaming others for his actions seems the hight of denial. 

Written By: McDonald on 03/30/05 at 5:42 pm

I finally decided to live by the Golden Rule and start doing unto others exactly how they were doing unto me. 

That isn't the Golden Rule at all. It is, in fact, the exact opposite. The Golden Rule states "do unto others as you would have them do unto you." It is the exact opposite of eye for an eye.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/31/05 at 1:48 am

The Hated wrote:
I wasn't with the majority that I finally decided to live by the Golden Rule and start doing unto others exactly how they were doing unto me. 

That isn't the Golden Rule at all. It is, in fact, the exact opposite. The Golden Rule states "do unto others as you would have them do unto you." It is the exact opposite of eye for an eye.

ROTFL!
Or as the '70s silkscreen patch said: "Do Unto Others and Split!"

Methinks somebody missed a session of Miss Grundy's Sunday School!
:D ;D :D

Wait...if TheHated is a member of the Church of Satan, then that is Satan's Golden Rule!  There's also John Gotti's Golden Rule, "Do unto others before the bastids get a chance to do unto you!"
:P

Written By: Harmonica on 03/31/05 at 10:25 am

Figures...you missed the point ::)

You have said that you would not deny a woman whose life was in danger an abortion...let's say that woman walking out of the clinic WAS that woman....in your (and most pro-lifers) eyes, not knowing her particular situation, you would treat her EXACTLY the same as someone who was using it as birth control.  Heck, what if that woman was thinking of getting an abortion, then changed her mind once she got there?  What if she'd gone there for counseling?  You'd still be out there spitting on her and calling her a murderer, though she had done nothing wrong.

No I wouldn't, and no I haven't.  I don't spit or call names, or anything unless it is deserved.  Unfortunately I know of more than the number I ever wanted to know, women who had an abortion.  I don't litteraly spit, and I've never said a word to any of these women. Yet I despise them because of the wrong they did.  Well not all of them, because one is actually sorry for what she did, I forgive her.  Then the other one who had an abortion due to the fact that she had a 100% chance of dying, and the baby had a 88% chance of dying as well, who had an abortion after practically being forced to because she was so against the idea, I don't despise her.

Written By: Harmonica on 03/31/05 at 10:27 am

you are some frecking lucky because.......

you can KISS MY @SS and I can't.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

and don't say I typed in the f...ing word, it's spelled exactly the way I wrote it.

I didn't say, I asked.

You can't kiss your own a$$? I bet you'd like to though.

Written By: Harmonica on 03/31/05 at 10:28 am

yeah and just like me with people at school...I try to forget that half of them ruined my life and made me so hateful and resentful towards the world but I havent been able to learn how to forgive or forget

Forgiveness is easier than Forgetting.  I personally think Forgetting is wrong, no loop holes.

Written By: whitewolf on 03/31/05 at 10:30 am

I didn't say, I asked.

You can't kiss your own a$$? I bet you'd like to though.

nope didn't think you could take a JOKE.

Written By: Harmonica on 03/31/05 at 10:31 am

uhhh.so are you saying that its ok for a woman to get raped...let me ask you something...what would you do if you went somewhere and then suddenly a man jumps out of nowhere and rapes you....god knows where obviously...wow what do you know its your fault you should have known that there are rapists out there who not only like to rape women but men as well..if you can even call yourself that...oh wait...what if you mom was raped..who cares? its her fault anyways.......

as for abortion...the kids not born yet...and look at the world we live in today..how pathetic theres no way I would want to bring a child into this hateful death threatning world.....and abortion is here its here to stay just like rape both are equally sad....and dont forget about the condom thing...its the same thing as killing a child because that sperm could have been something...

Shoving a pair of scissors through a skull is already SOMETHING, sperm is just sperm.

And I'm against rape 100%, I'd like to see every man that ever raped a woman or another man for that matter get a pipe iron shoved up is A$$.

I brought up the rape story, because if a woman who has her baby murdered for selfish reasons is concidered just fine and dandy, than why shouldn't a man that raped a woman be treated in the same mannor. Both are evils, yet only one is looked down apon.

Written By: Harmonica on 03/31/05 at 10:37 am

The "Ralph and the abortion" thing again.  It does get tiersome.  I responded on another thread, but here goes.  First, if this woman didn't want to get pregnant, where was RALPH'S condom?  Or did she force him into impregnating her just so she could have an abortion?  Was Ralph willing to pay all the expenses of the pregnancy (including her support) and child care (through college) for this kid?  Was he willing to assume custody?  In the other thread I asked the question "when does human life begin?" and got no answer.  There are several biblical references to "the breath of life", which implies that life begins when we take our first breath, so presumably that is when we also become human.  Before that, we are mearly parisites implanted in a (hopefully) willing but (sdometimes) unwilling host.  If Ralph committed suicide, by the way, he not only was guilty of the sin of fornication, but also, as I understand it, the Almighty has set his cannon against self-slaughter, another mortal sin.  Blaming others for his actions seems the hight of denial. 

If you were in love with someone, do you see them doing something to ruin your life? 

Yes Ralph was willing to pay for everything, he was willing to take the kid, and if Kari wanted nothing to do with it, that was ok with Ralph.

Human life begins at conception. 

I know Ralph is guilty of sin, IF he committed suicide. Too bad you don't know that Kari IS not if's about it, guilty of sin  too.

I want to Thank God right now infront of everyone and say Thank you for making infanticide illegal cause if it was wasn't. I'd have you telling me that life doesn't begin until 3 years of age, and I'd have Crazymom telling me that I don't see her throwing her baby in the trash, but she certainly won't tell another woman what to do with something that came out of her body 22 months ago.

And go ahead and tell me you wouldn't, or that that is a crazy assumption.  Too bad AC ain't in charge no more.

Written By: whitewolf on 03/31/05 at 10:40 am

No I wouldn't, and no I haven't.  I don't spit or call names, or anything unless it is deserved.  Unfortunately I know of more than the number I ever wanted to know, women who had an abortion.  I don't litteraly spit, and I've never said a word to any of these women. Yet I despise them because of the wrong they did.  Well not all of them, because one is actually sorry for what she did, I forgive her.  Then the other one who had an abortion due to the fact that she had a 100% chance of dying, and the baby had a 88% chance of dying as well, who had an abortion after practically being forced to because she was so against the idea, I don't despise her.

forgive me oh Hated one, we should all live by your rules.

Written By: Harmonica on 03/31/05 at 10:55 am

forgive me oh Hated one, we should all live by your rules.

A world without Evil?  You couldn't possibly stand a world where women weren't raped, babies weren't murdered for selfish reasons, people didn't steal just to get ahead, and the thought of drive by shootings for fun, would never ever enter your mind.

Written By: whitewolf on 03/31/05 at 11:05 am

A world without Evil?  You couldn't possibly stand a world where women weren't raped, babies weren't murdered for selfish reasons, people didn't steal just to get ahead, and the thought of drive by shootings for fun, would never ever enter your mind.

How the hell, do you know what would go through my mind. I would love to see a world without war and famine, but i am realistic, it ain't gonna happen, so I have to live my life trying to do what's right for ME and my family.

And I was raped when I was just 17, I got pregnant from it.  Guess what-My daughter will be 17 next month. I kept her and raised her. I was physically ill when someone told me to get an abortion, saying that the baby will always remind me of what happened.

Just because I say I don't personally like abortions but I can't tell others what to do, you figure you know everything about how I think and feel.

Written By: Harmonica on 03/31/05 at 11:10 am

How the hell, do you know what would go through my mind. I would love to see a world without war and famine, but i am realistic, it ain't gonna happen, so I have to live my life trying to do what's right for ME and my family.

And I was raped when I was just 17, I got pregnant from it.  Guess what-My daughter will be 17 next month. I kept her and raised her. I was physically ill when someone told me to get an abortion, saying that the baby will always remind me of what happened.

Just because I say I don't personally like abortions but I can't tell others what to do, you figure you know everything about how I think and feel.

You think you know everything about how I think and feel too.

I would say that I admire you and think highly of you for what you did, but then you probably wouldn't believe me. 

Written By: whitewolf on 03/31/05 at 11:19 am

You think you know everything about how I think and feel too.

I would say that I admire you and think highly of you for what you did, but then you probably wouldn't believe me. 

No I don't know how you think and feel, but you do a good job of telling everyone how they should.
You usually tell us what you think and how you feel about things.

Written By: Harmonica on 03/31/05 at 11:27 am

No I don't know how you think and feel, but you do a good job of telling everyone how they should.
You usually tell us what you think and how you feel about things.

I was told I was that there is no right or wrong answer, then turned around and told I was wrong.

Written By: whitewolf on 03/31/05 at 12:14 pm

I was told I was that there is no right or wrong answer, then turned around and told I was wrong.

I have never said your opinions were wrong, just that you were wrong to lash out at us.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/31/05 at 12:19 pm

I always thought the Golden Rule was "He who has the gold makes the rules."

Cat

Written By: Alicia on 03/31/05 at 12:23 pm

Shoving a pair of scissors through a skull is already SOMETHING, sperm is just sperm.

And I'm against rape 100%, I'd like to see every man that ever raped a woman or another man for that matter get a pipe iron shoved up is A$$.

I brought up the rape story, because if a woman who has her baby murdered for selfish reasons is concidered just fine and dandy, than why shouldn't a man that raped a woman be treated in the same mannor. Both are evils, yet only one is looked down apon.

uhh not all abortions are like that...thats why doctors say do it early...and I've heard around that now you can take pills and such..sperm could have turned into something..and its obviously a living thing because it swims around by itself

Written By: Alicia on 03/31/05 at 12:32 pm

That makes absolutely no sense.  Are you implying that if infanticide were legal, I'd throw my babies in the trash?  If so then you're dead wrong.  When I got pregnant with my oldest, I could have easily walked into any abortion clinic and had one, but I chose to keep him, whether his father was in the picture or not.  There are safe haven laws in many states in this country, IL being one of them.  It still doesn't stop women from giving birth and killing their babies when they could just as easily drop them off at a hospital, fire or police station, 100% anonymously.

what is infanticide...is that where you kill your child?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/31/05 at 12:55 pm

By the way, I don't see that anybody "hates" you, I see a consensus that you are misguided.  A more accurate name might be "Confused One."

Written By: whitewolf on 03/31/05 at 2:04 pm

I want to Thank God right now infront of everyone and say Thank you for making infanticide illegal cause if it was wasn't. I'd have you telling me that life doesn't begin until 3 years of age, and I'd have Crazymom telling me that I don't see her throwing her baby in the trash, but she certainly won't tell another woman what to do with something that came out of her body 22 months ago.

And go ahead and tell me you wouldn't, or that that is a crazy assumption.  Too bad AC ain't in charge no more.

That is a crazy assumption, (NOT CALLING YOU CRAZY NOW, JUST YOUR ASSUMPTION) I don't think anyone would be crazy enough to do that. and my Husband wants to know What the hell is wrong with that guy?THIS PART MEANS YOU

Written By: whitewolf on 03/31/05 at 2:26 pm

Well, don't you know....going to the extremely absurd always helps you make a point ::)

thought I would help him out a bit, so that he knows I am not questioning him, just his absurd assumptions.

Written By: Xer on 03/31/05 at 6:06 pm

I am a christian and I understand all of the backlash here.  The thing is this, even though some one claims anything, some are shallow about thier faith and it's just by name only.  That's sad because I have been tested on forgivness and it took me awhile to forgive a certain person so I asked God to give the abilty to forgive.  One day I was doing my own thing and an image popped into my head of this person and remindedme that I had done the dame thing years ago and that he forgave me of it, so I could do no less.  In my heart I was able to let go and forgive this person.  Years later I was able to go up to this person and tell that I forgave her and I wished her no ill wil and hoped that she was happy.  Truth faith is acted out by love.  I'm not perfect and I never claim to be.  My prayer is always this "That I'm real with people and not a fake."  The worst thing I could do would be a hypocrit and I don't want to do that to someone who is looking at my life.  People are People, and they have hurts, pain, joy, fears,love, and many of us go around with a whole in our lives and we try tro fill it.  The problem is nothing does ever fill except a personal relationship with your creator.  That's what it really boils down to and for those of you who have wittnessed this injustice by christians I'm sorry.  They are either pios or ignorant.  There are those of us out there that are sincere and do practice what we preach.  If you're not going to walk it don't talk it.  Sorry that you have suffered hurt and pain at the hands of some one like that. :-\\

Written By: Dagwood on 03/31/05 at 11:06 pm

No I wouldn't, and no I haven't. I don't spit or call names, or anything unless it is deserved. Unfortunately I know of more than the number I ever wanted to know, women who had an abortion. I don't litteraly spit, and I've never said a word to any of these women. Yet I despise them because of the wrong they did. Well not all of them, because one is actually sorry for what she did, I forgive her. Then the other one who had an abortion due to the fact that she had a 100% chance of dying, and the baby had a 88% chance of dying as well, who had an abortion after practically being forced to because she was so against the idea, I don't despise her.

Why is it your place to forgive these women?  Did they do anything personally to you?  Remeber Matthew 7:3 "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in you brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?"  Good verse to dwell on.

Written By: Alicia on 04/01/05 at 12:05 am

Forgiveness is easier than Forgetting.  I personally think Forgetting is wrong, no loop holes.

I cant seem to forget PEOPLE who have ruined my life tramendously, sometimes I get into this moods where I can cry for 3-4 hourse straight for no reason sometimes...and I'm definatly not going to forget

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/01/05 at 12:10 am

Hes just a young guy with self esteem issues lashing out at the world by being a hypercritical moralist.

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/01/05 at 12:14 am

You are going overboard. And this is kind of disrespectful to the Politics forum. Chucky won't like this..

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/01/05 at 12:16 am

But that doesn't change the fact that this is a serious section of the forum..

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/01/05 at 12:21 am

Ok..but its not ME that has to get over it. Its Chucky, you know, the owner of the site.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/01/05 at 1:14 am

Ok..but its not ME that has to get over it. Its Chucky, you know, the owner of the site.

Talkin' to yerself again, Dude?  I thought they were giving you medication for that!
??? :D

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/01/05 at 1:15 am

Her posts in this thread got deleted..

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/01/05 at 1:16 am

Yes....by me.

~Beth

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/01/05 at 1:17 am

Ok. *shrugs his shoulders*

Written By: Harmonica on 04/01/05 at 2:06 am

uhh not all abortions are like that...thats why doctors say do it early...and I've heard around that now you can take pills and such..sperm could have turned into something..and its obviously a living thing because it swims around by itself

Well there wasn't a sperm in my history class, there wasn't a sperm on my t-ball team, and there wasn't a sperm with me in church last Sunday. However, there was a girl that was once growing inside a woman's body in my history class, a boy that was once growing inside a woman's body on my baseball team, and both a boy and a girl that were growing once inside a woman's body with me in church last sunday.

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/01/05 at 2:07 am

Well there wasn't a sperm in my history class, there wasn't a sperm on my t-ball team, and there wasn't a sperm with me in church last Sunday. However, there was a girl that was once growing inside a woman's body in my history class, a boy that was once growing inside a woman's body on my baseball team, and both a boy and a girl that were growing once inside a woman's body with me in church last sunday.

And that fetus was once a sperm.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/01/05 at 2:08 am

if we start being mean and fighting again...Chucky will lock this thread as well.

~Beth

Written By: Harmonica on 04/01/05 at 2:09 am

That makes absolutely no sense.  Are you implying that if infanticide were legal, I'd throw my babies in the trash?  If so then you're dead wrong.  When I got pregnant with my oldest, I could have easily walked into any abortion clinic and had one, but I chose to keep him, whether his father was in the picture or not.  There are safe haven laws in many states in this country, IL being one of them.  It still doesn't stop women from giving birth and killing their babies when they could just as easily drop them off at a hospital, fire or police station, 100% anonymously.

I am not at all saying that you would throw your baby(s) in the trash.  I am in no way shape or forming saying you would do that.  I am saying that you would not speak out against woman that did.

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/01/05 at 2:10 am

I am not at all saying that you would throw your baby(s) in the trash.  I am in no way shape or forming saying you would do that.  I am saying that you would not speak out against woman that did.

How did you come to this marvelous prediction?

Written By: Harmonica on 04/01/05 at 2:11 am

By the way, I don't see that anybody "hates" you, I see a consensus that you are misguided.  A more accurate name might be "Confused One."

Would extraordinarilydisliked, suit you better?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/01/05 at 2:11 am

Well there wasn't a sperm in my history class, there wasn't a sperm on my t-ball team, and there wasn't a sperm with me in church last Sunday.

Too bad.  Invite me next time, I'll hook ya up!
:-\\ :-X

Written By: Harmonica on 04/01/05 at 2:13 am

That is a crazy assumption, (NOT CALLING YOU CRAZY NOW, JUST YOUR ASSUMPTION) I don't think anyone would be crazy enough to do that. and my Husband wants to know What the hell is wrong with that guy?THIS PART MEANS YOU

What's wrong with me is that I refuse to be blinded.  Just because the law is one way, doesn't make it right.

and whether or not you or crazymom, or anyone else on this board would crazy enough to do that, that I truly 100%ly do not know. Whether or not there would be people in this world that would, that I do know. Yes there would.

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/01/05 at 2:15 am

So how many children did you give birth to, "hated"?

Written By: Harmonica on 04/01/05 at 2:16 am

Why is it your place to forgive these women?  Did they do anything personally to you?  Remeber Matthew 7:3 "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in you brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?"  Good verse to dwell on.

Would you ask the same with any other evil act? or just this one?

I pay plenty of attention to the own plank in my eye. Much more than you could ever imagine.

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/01/05 at 2:17 am

So how many children did you give birth to, "hated"?

Written By: Harmonica on 04/01/05 at 2:23 am

I cant seem to forget PEOPLE who have ruined my life tramendously, sometimes I get into this moods where I can cry for 3-4 hourse straight for no reason sometimes...and I'm definatly not going to forget

I understand exactly where you are coming from.  Never feel alone when you cry 3-4 hours for no reason sometime, because your not alone.  I get very angry on this message board sometimes, and use my anger in bad ways. I think of how much I love God, and how other don't love him as much as I do, make fun of him, and say he's not real, that boils my blood. When I think of the love I have for people, and how I want everyone in this world to be given a shot, given an opportunity, I get royally pissed off when I think of that chance, that opportunity being taken away from them because they were never given a chance becasue they were murdered. Then I get even more mad when I see that some people don't give a flying Fo-uck.  So I swear, and get radical.  So if you take my words I'm about to tell you as is, good, and if you think I'm just saying them to sound good, well fine, so be it.  I care a great deal about people, I'm an extremely loving person, that goes out of my way to help other people. Like anyone else I get mad, and there are things in this world I hate.  You can obviously see what one of them is.  I want you to know that your not alone about crying, because of the wrongs that have happened in your life, and there is someone that does care.

Written By: Harmonica on 04/01/05 at 2:24 am

Hes just a young guy with self esteem issues lashing out at the world by being a hypercritical moralist.

I'm most likely older than you judging by your picture, and I'm not the only one with self esteem issues. Anyone on this message board that claims to never have had self esteem issues is a liar.

Written By: Harmonica on 04/01/05 at 2:27 am

And that fetus was once a sperm.

So you should have the right to kill anyone, because they were once a fetus, which was once a sperm?

A sperm is nothing alone, a egg is nothing alone....once they meet they are something, a life.

Written By: Harmonica on 04/01/05 at 2:27 am

How did you come to this marvelous prediction?

If you can't figure that out, there's no use trying to explain.

Written By: Dagwood on 04/01/05 at 8:21 am

Would you ask the same with any other evil act? or just this one?

I pay plenty of attention to the own plank in my eye. Much more than you could ever imagine.

I think forgivness applies to things done directly to you.  Holding a grudge, or detesting, someone who commits a sin, especially like abortion, rape, murder etc is not healthy for your spiritual life.  God doesn't want you not to forgive...it will hold back your spiritual growth.  Plus that attitude tends to come out when you can't forgive and it drives away people who don't believe...it makes them see Christianity as unforgiving and hypocritical.

That being said, forgiving is different than forgetting.  Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it.

Written By: whitewolf on 04/01/05 at 9:06 am

What's wrong with me is that I refuse to be blinded. Just because the law is one way, doesn't make it right.

and whether or not you or crazymom, or anyone else on this board would crazy enough to do that, that I truly 100%ly do not know. Whether or not there would be people in this world that would, that I do know. Yes there would.

Blinded  to the fact that people have different opinions.

People are killing their born children now, Do I approve and say it's right NO
and not for one minute would I throw my children in the trash.

I'm most likely older than you judging by your picture, and I'm not the only one with self esteem issues. Anyone on this message board that claims to never have had self esteem issues is a liar.

I have never heard anyone on here claim not to have self-esteem issues.

Written By: Harmonica on 04/01/05 at 1:17 pm

I think forgivness applies to things done directly to you.  Holding a grudge, or detesting, someone who commits a sin, especially like abortion, rape, murder etc is not healthy for your spiritual life.  God doesn't want you not to forgive...it will hold back your spiritual growth.  Plus that attitude tends to come out when you can't forgive and it drives away people who don't believe...it makes them see Christianity as unforgiving and hypocritical.

That being said, forgiving is different than forgetting.  Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it.

"Forgiving is different than forgetting. Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it." Amen to that.

I do forgive. If worthy of forgiveness.....what is worthy of forgiveness? Being sorry, knowing what was done is wrong and not repeating the wrong over and over again.

Written By: Harmonica on 04/01/05 at 1:18 pm

Blinded  to the fact that people have different opinions.

People are killing their born children now, Do I approve and say it's right NO
and not for one minute would I throw my children in the trash.

I have never heard anyone on here claim not to have self-esteem issues.

Neither have I, although let's ask The Dude.

Written By: whitewolf on 04/01/05 at 1:28 pm

Neither have I, although let's ask The Dude.

Are you claiming not to have self esteem issues then?

Written By: UKVisitor on 04/01/05 at 2:05 pm

I think the crux in this argument is highlighted by the point that Jesus on the cross is reported in the bible as having said "Forgive them Father for they know not what they do". At that point his persecutors were not repentant or remorseful but STILL Jesus was forgiving them. The fact that Jesus was capable of saying this after all he is reported to have suffered at the hands of the romans and his own people, who knew EXACTLY what they were doing (if not necessarily exactly to who they were doing it) says to me that forgiveness, in christian terms,  is not conditional on the remorse of the other party but is at the core of christianity in so far as forgiveness was here demonstrated and asked for by Jesus for those who had showed him no mercy or humanity.

It is the ultimate act of selflessness and great charity and, in my opinion, is at the core of the christian philosophy. It is the same philosophy that informed the actions of the saints that followed and through which they rose above their natural human reactions to feel anger and resentful towards those who would do them or others wrong.

Now, I do not expect The Hated to act like Jesus or the saints but I am reminded of the old saying "To Err is human, to forgive is divine". I will gladly accept your revulsion at many things you see in the world today, such as abortion, that you may feel are acts of evil and do not expect you to support them and would never deny you the right to argue democratically your position on any matter of personal belief. What I would argue, under the terms of the question leading this thread regarding 'forgiveness', is that you consider your faith and decide whether or not you would be more christian is you forgave those that trespass against you and also whether it would help you in putting your views across more consistently and effectively.

If you were to say, I am a christian and I abhore the acts of abortionists and will take all non-violent measures available to me to attempt to bring and end to abortion but as a christian i forgive them because that is what my lord would want me to do and that is the christian way then i honestly think you would be able to maintain the higher moral ground in the argument and, even though people wil still argue against you and disagree, they will have greater respect for you and your arguments.

Am I wrong or would other people feel the same on this board if this was the case ?

Written By: whitewolf on 04/01/05 at 2:10 pm

I think the crux in this argument is highlighted by the point that Jesus on the cross is reported in the bible as having said "Forgive them Father for they know not what they do". At that point his persecutors were not repentant or remorseful but STILL Jesus was forgiving them. The fact that Jesus was capable of saying this after all he is reported to have suffered at the hands of the romans and his own people, who knew EXACTLY what they were doing (if not necessarily exactly to who they were doing it) says to me that forgiveness, in christian terms,  is not conditional on the remorse of the other party but is at the core of christianity in so far as forgiveness was here demonstrated and asked for by Jesus for those who had showed him no mercy or humanity.

It is the ultimate act of selflessness and great charity and, in my opinion, is at the core of the christian philosophy. It is the same philosophy that informed the actions of the saints that followed and through which they rose above their natural human reactions to feel anger and resentful towards those who would do them or others wrong.

Now, I do not expect The Hated to act like Jesus or the saints but I am reminded of the old saying "To Err is human, to forgive is divine". I will gladly accept your revulsion at many things you see in the world today, such as abortion, that you may feel are acts of evil and do not expect you to support them and would never deny you the right to argue democratically your position on any matter of personal belief. What I would argue, under the terms of the question leading this thread regarding 'forgiveness', is that you consider your faith and decide whether or not you would be more christian is you forgave those that trespass against you and also whether it would help you in putting your views across more consistently and effectively.

If you were to say, I am a christian and I abhore the acts of abortionists and will take all non-violent measures available to me to attempt to bring and end to abortion but as a christian i forgive them because that is what my lord would want me to do and that is the christian way then i honestly think you would be able to maintain the higher moral ground in the argument and, even though people wil still argue against you and disagree, they will have greater respect for you and your arguments.

Am I wrong or would other people feel the same on this board if this was the case ?

I agree fully to your post, very well said

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/01/05 at 4:41 pm

I didn't say that I had no self-esteem issues. But I deal with them myself, instead of trying to turn them outward on others.

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/01/05 at 4:45 pm

I'd feel the same way, Martin.

Written By: Harmonica on 04/01/05 at 5:37 pm

Are you claiming not to have self esteem issues then?

No I have them.

Written By: whitewolf on 04/01/05 at 5:43 pm

No I have them.

Just checking, for someone to follow the bible that closely must have doubts about being able to live right.

Written By: Harmonica on 04/01/05 at 5:43 pm

But what exactly is forgiveness? What is it?  If it's no longer being mad about something someone has done, that makes sense. But if it's about no longer being mad about the evils and wrongs that will happen tomorrow, that's another thing.  What good is it doing the rest of the world, and the christians by "forgiving" in the sense of letting the evils go on in the world, and putting no stop to them, and showing that they have no price to pay?  What good is that doing the world?

Forgiveness to me, and to a lot of other people is when you see the wrongs someone has done, they too see them, they are sorry for them, and they want to be forgiven out of a want to be good, not out of a want to not fear punishment or neglection.

Written By: Harmonica on 04/01/05 at 5:46 pm

Just checking, for someone to follow the bible that closely must have doubts about being able to live right.

It's in human nature to sin. It's part of who we are and how we are created to go against what's right. Because what isn't right, is often faster, and easier upon us.  God didn't create anyone perfect, that includes me.  Of course I have my doubts about what I do and how I do it.  However, theres a big difference in me not being sure about what I am doing, and someone else going out and being fully knowledgeable and unremorsful  that they are committing a wrong doing.

Written By: whitewolf on 04/01/05 at 5:52 pm

It's in human nature to sin. It's part of who we are and how we are created to go against what's right. Because what isn't right, is often faster, and easier upon us. God didn't create anyone perfect, that includes me. Of course I have my doubts about what I do and how I do it. However, theres a big difference in me not being sure about what I am doing, and someone else going out and being fully knowledgeable and unremorsful that they are committing a wrong doing.

exactly, it's only human too sin, to make bad choices.  Do you know how many grief counselors there are for the women that have abortions?
some of them felt they have no choice(whether they were too young, poor, for health reasons, or rape) and they feel bad, but still feel they made the right choice(for them)

NEXT PAGE: Are Christians anti-forgiveness?

Check for new replies or respond here...