» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Do Muslims really want to kill non-Muslims?

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/22/05 at 9:21 pm

I say Option 3.  Why are they gonna care?  Some do of course, though.

Subject: Re: Do Muslims really want to kill non-Muslims?

Written By: jaytee on 03/22/05 at 9:23 pm

Most no, some yes.

Written By: jiminy on 03/22/05 at 9:47 pm

They do it for sport ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/22/05 at 11:09 pm

Most do not, but oh boy some sure do!  It's not PC to say so, but there are a minority of mad Muslims out there who just can't wait to kill as many infidels as possible.
Sometimes religion makes a person crazy as a sh*thouse rat!
Let's not kid ourselves.
The vengeful fanatics ruin it for the rest of the Muslims the way the Christian Right ruins Christianity for normal Christians. 

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/22/05 at 11:13 pm

Since the overwhelming majority of moslems are not rising against the killers, or even speaking up against them, then I must vote a resounding "YES".

The average moslem is no less guilty or less desirous of mass murder and ethnic violence than the average German citizen of the 1940's.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/22/05 at 11:17 pm

Since the overwhelming majority of moslems are not rising against the killers, or even speaking up against them, then I must vote a resounding "YES".

The average moslem is no less guilty or less desirous of mass murder and ethnic violence than the average German citizen of the 1940's.

Then you shall have to say the same about the Americans still gullable enough to support Dubya and his goons!

Written By: bbigd04 on 03/22/05 at 11:24 pm

I'd say the majority no, but some do very much want to kill non-muslims.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 03/23/05 at 10:03 am

no (mostly), not in the same way Christians kill non-Christians.

Tanya

Written By: goodsin on 03/23/05 at 10:17 am

As much as christians want to kill non-christians, I'd imagine. Well, we (the christian world) have killed far more of them now than they have killed of us, so perhaps they want to even up the score?

Written By: Mistress Leola on 03/23/05 at 1:27 pm

Oh, not too much bigotry inherent in this question.  Gee, what a revelation: some muslims want to kill non-muslims.  Golly -- you really think so?  I guess that says a lot about 'muslims' then.  Gee, now lets post a poll innocently querying whether some blacks are lazy, and whether some women make incompetent CEOs.

Written By: Don Carlos on 03/23/05 at 4:46 pm

Of course some Muslims want to kill all infidels.  Just as some Christians want to exterminate all they define as non-Christians etc.  The question is, how do we control these fanatics and how do we build a world based on mutual toeration and respect for divergant beliefs?

Written By: Mistress Leola on 03/23/05 at 4:58 pm

Of course some Muslims want to kill all infidels.  Just as some Christians want to exterminate all they define as non-Christians etc.  The question is, how do we control these fanatics and how do we build a world based on mutual toeration and respect for divergant beliefs?

Well, we could start by identifying them based on their actions, rather than the group with which they are associated.  But bigotry's existed through all of human history, so why delude ourselves into thinking we can get past it.

Written By: ADH13 on 03/23/05 at 5:38 pm

My answer is NO.

TERRORISTS want to kill and they don't care if their victims are muslims or non-muslims.

The terrorists of 9/11 have attempted to convince the world that their acts were backed by the Muslim faith, but that is complete B.S.

Terrorists can come in the form of Osama bin Laden, Timothy McVeigh, Richard Allen Davis, etc.

Most REAL Muslims condemn terrorism as much as the rest of us do.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/24/05 at 12:15 am

My answer is NO.

TERRORISTS want to kill and they don't care if their victims are muslims or non-muslims.

The terrorists of 9/11 have attempted to convince the world that their acts were backed by the Muslim faith, but that is complete B.S.

Terrorists can come in the form of Osama bin Laden, Timothy McVeigh, Richard Allen Davis, etc.

Most REAL Muslims condemn terrorism as much as the rest of us do.

Good point.  You can politicize any religion to promote murderous tendancies.  It's easier to do this with Islam and Christianity than with say, Buddhism, or Jainism.

Written By: MooRocca on 03/24/05 at 12:48 am

Oh, not too much bigotry inherent in this question.  Gee, what a revelation: some muslims want to kill non-muslims.  Golly -- you really think so?  I guess that says a lot about 'muslims' then.  Gee, now lets post a poll innocently querying whether some blacks are lazy, and whether some women make incompetent CEOs.

Thank you, Leo, for saying exactly what I thought when I saw this pair of polls go up. 

Written By: AL-B on 03/25/05 at 10:59 pm

That's what your TV wants you to think. Growing up in the 70's and 80's, every night on the TV news I'd see footage of Palestinians rioting in the West Bank and Iranians demonstrating in the streets of theran, burning U.S. flags and holding up signs that said "Death To America." After years of this, I naturally came to feel that all Arabs and Muslims were angry, p*ssed-off, and wanted to kill me and my family. So when I first got a job where I worked along some Iraqi immigrants, I was surprised not only as to how kind and friendly they were, but also at what a great sense of humor they had.
  Yes, you have your fanatics, but I believe that they're a tiny minority, and that the vast majority of them just want to laugh and party and screw just like we do.

Check for new replies or respond here...