» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Re: Florida anti-education legislation (was "...feeding tube...")

Written By: MooRocca on 03/25/05 at 12:59 pm

then you'll really lose your lunch when you hear that Florida has a bill that made it through one subcomitte already, to allow students to sue college professors who teach evolution.

http://www.alligator.org/pt2/050323freedom.php

the neoconservatives detest science and education, always have, it makes them look bad.

We are being ushered back into the dark ages, that much has been clear for some time.  But, not all will go gently.  It would serve the bill's proponents well to remember that universities offer religious studies, as well.

What's really sad is that these people have the audacity to bellow on and on about how they represent all persons of faith -- or of their specific overall body of faith -- but, they do not.  It is only because their own faith is so easily shaken that they feel a need to close their eyes, ears and minds to the physical nature of the mundane world and protect their faith from any possible test.  The truly faithful can open their eyes, ears and minds to the unraveling of the scientific complexities of what they believe to be the mundane physical manifestations of their God's work and see it as further proof of their God's greatness, not as reason (or temptation) to doubt the validity of what they believe. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/25/05 at 2:49 pm

It's no wonder this is all going on Florida.  A population that is
a. Ignorant
b. Superstitious
c. Irrational
d. And thinks God speaks through their leaders
is easier to control.  This will make it easier for the Bush crime family to ply their wicked trade.
::)

http://www.ldsmag.com/images/author/bush,%20Jeb%20author%20photo.jpg
JEBBIE BABY

Written By: danootaandme on 03/25/05 at 2:52 pm

Not surprised that this is going over in Florida.  If it passes it will float its way through the Bible Belt, hopefully not beyond.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/25/05 at 4:31 pm

Aren't they also teaching that world is flat?

Cat

Written By: Don Carlos on 03/25/05 at 6:49 pm

Aren't they also teaching that world is flat?

Cat

The world IS flat, thats what my minister told me and that's what I believe.  Case closed. (and if you believe that, there's a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you. 

And while this stupidity is going on, the US is falling further and further behind in math and science education, and in technology development.  Look for us to be a thrid world country soonb, especially given the massive deficits and the hugh trade deficits we are experiencing.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/25/05 at 8:02 pm

The world IS flat, thats what my minister told me and that's what I believe.  Case closed. (and if you believe that, there's a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you. 

And while this stupidity is going on, the US is falling further and further behind in math and science education, and in technology development.  Look for us to be a thrid world country soonb, especially given the massive deficits and the hugh trade deficits we are experiencing.

We may become third world but we still have Survivor and all those other idiotic reality t.v. shows.  ::)

Cat

Written By: Don Carlos on 03/27/05 at 4:44 pm

We may become third world but we still have Survivor and all those other idiotic reality t.v. shows.  ::)

Cat

Yes, well, I guess we are ahead in something.  Thank the Godess for that.  Bread and circuses anyone, while Rome burns?

Check for new replies or respond here...