» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Torture ok'd by top US Commander. Republicans strangely silent.

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/30/05 at 12:56 pm

Perjury? The Republicans don't prosecute their own for that...

in testimony to the US congress, Gen. Sanchez claimed he never authorized torture of prisoners.

http://www.torturers.net/info/iraq/con-army.html

yet here's the proof he did

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=8029619

I think this is slightly more important than a president lying about cheating on his wife under oath.

Subject: Re: Torture ok'd by top US Commander. Republicans strangely silent.

Written By: Indy Gent on 03/30/05 at 1:03 pm

The Republicans are pro-torture??? Who would've thunk it?!!! ::)

Written By: danootaandme on 03/30/05 at 3:13 pm

I'm shocked  :o . 

Written By: Don Carlos on 03/30/05 at 4:38 pm

I bet both Fu... I mean Fox News (soory about the mis-type) and our friend GWB will be silent on this one.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/31/05 at 2:06 am

Would you rather have our guys rough up there guys a little, or would you rather have the terrorists kill your family?  If we don't let the military do their job as they see fit, the Islamo-fascists will blow up your house next week!
::)

Written By: UKVisitor on 03/31/05 at 2:11 am

And if you don't let us tap your phones, read your emails, take your fingerprints, etc then Osama Bin Still-Missing will turn up on your doorstep personally and steal the remote control from your 48 inch plasma TV.  :-\\

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/01/05 at 5:02 pm

Yes, yes, we must all conform to the domianant ideology or we can never be individuals are we can never be free.  If they use torture than why shouldn't we?  As the Hoover Commission said, during the hight of the "cold war", and I paraphrase, we must use the same tactics as the enemy only better.  Moral responsibility?  Democratic ideals?  we can't afford such luxuries.

Check for new replies or respond here...