» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Senator from Texas thinks domestic terrorism against judges is understandable

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/05/05 at 9:32 am

Guess which side of the aisle he sits on, he said this on the floor of the Senate no less.

I don't know if there is a cause-and-effect connection but we have seen some recent episodes of courthouse violence in this country. Certainly nothing new, but we seem to have run through a spate of courthouse violence recently that's been on the news and I wonder whether there may be some connection between the perception in some quarters on some occasions where judges are making political decisions yet are unaccountable to the public, that it builds up and builds up and builds up to the point where some people engage in - engage in violence.

He claims he had the support of constitutional scholars, but the scholars even backed away from this loon.

It's not unusual for judges to be threatened and even killed for their rulings, what is unusual, is when a US Senator thinks it's ok.

Subject: Re: Senator from Texas thinks domestic terrorism against judges is understandabl

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/05/05 at 1:48 pm

I'm curious, which senator? 

He should be impeached.

http://www.rutlandherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050405/NEWS/504050302/1018/OPINION

An independant judiciary is one of the fundamental protections for a free society.

Subject: Re: Senator from Texas thinks domestic terrorism against judges is understandabl

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/05/05 at 2:03 pm

I'm curious, which senator? 

He should be impeached.

http://www.rutlandherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050405/NEWS/504050302/1018/OPINION

An independant judiciary is one of the fundamental protections for a free society.

John Cornyn

this is of course a prelude to the story you've linked to.  The attempt to ram these Archie Bunker judges through re-nomination will go over much smoother if people think Clinton went around appointing all these liberal judges.  One problem with that theory is that the judges in the Schiavo case were either appointed by Jeb or George.  These are conservative judges, just not neo-con loonies like the Bushies.

Check for new replies or respond here...