» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Peter Jennings has Cancer

Written By: Mushroom on 04/05/05 at 10:29 am

Just announced, Peter Jennings has Lung Cancer.

I am still waiting to hear more information on this, but I wish that he has a speedy and complete recovery.

Subject: Re: Peter Jennings has Cancer

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/05/05 at 1:08 pm

Sorry to hear that.  I too hope he has a complete recovery.

Written By: McDonald on 04/05/05 at 1:32 pm

That's sad. I love Peter Jennings... I think he's the best mainstream anchor on American News... and more than that, I love his Canadian accent. He must be the only person in news that is allowed a regional accent of any kind.

Written By: Dagwood on 04/05/05 at 6:50 pm

My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/05/05 at 9:43 pm

I'm pulling for you, Peter!  Hope you make a full recovery.  Jennings is my favorite of the three old anchors--Brokaw, Rather, and Jennings.  I still like him better than Rather's replacement, Brian Williams, who is a schmvck!

Written By: bbigd04 on 04/05/05 at 9:48 pm

I was so sad when I heard the news  :(. I really wish him the best, he is also my favorite national news anchor. I've been watching him on world news tonight for as long as I can remember. My thoughts and prayers are also with him and his family at this difficult time.

Written By: danootaandme on 04/06/05 at 5:50 am

He is my favorite of the three also.  The tribute he paid to the Vets of WWII, that would include
many of our parents and/or grandparents was exceptional,  Good luck to him.

Written By: Harmonica on 04/06/05 at 9:04 am

I think very highly of Peter Jennings, always have always will.  He is a very modest, humble reporter that loves his job. He has a great passion for whats going on in the world, and he loves teaching people about it as he reports the news.
He's a good guy, and I hope he beats this cancer to a pulp.  It's highly unlikely that we will ever hear him complain about it, because of the kind of person he is.

Written By: saver on 04/06/05 at 5:41 pm

Fine bad things happen to good people too...WHAT WOULD IT TAKE TO SCARE THE 'LIFE' INTO PEOPLE TO STOP CIGARETTE SMOKING???

:-\\

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/06/05 at 5:43 pm

Like a few people have mentioned, he is my favorite of the network anchors. My thoughts and wishes are with him for a speedy recovery.

Cat

Written By: Mistress Leola on 04/06/05 at 6:22 pm

Fine bad things happen to good people too...WHAT WOULD IT TAKE TO SCARE THE 'LIFE' INTO PEOPLE TO STOP CIGARETTE SMOKING???

:-\\

So basically, "that's what you get..."?  Gee, what a lovely expression of human kindness.

Check for new replies or respond here...