» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Papal assassin Agca--Is this guy loopy or what?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/05/05 at 7:11 pm

>:(
Mehmet Ali Agca, the Turkish citizen who shot the Pope in St. Peter's Square on May 13, 1981, says he's in mourning and wants to attend Pope John Paul II's funeral.  I can't believe the Turks would even consider letting this jackweed out of prison. 
The Pope met with Agca in late 1983 and forgave his own attempted assassin.  As comedian Bobcat Goldthwaite mused, "I wonder how THAT conversation went, 'Your not still mad, are you?'"
:D

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/04/03/world/main685125.shtml

Subject: Re: Papal assassin Agca--Is this guy loopy or what?

Written By: whitewolf on 04/05/05 at 7:21 pm

He shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the Pope

Written By: Dagwood on 04/05/05 at 7:23 pm

I heard they had denied his request.  The man is a freak.

Written By: Marian on 04/05/05 at 9:44 pm

Well,he's actually a would-be assassan,not an assassan.Big difference.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/05/05 at 9:57 pm

Well,he's actually a would-be assassan,not an assassan.Big difference.

I know, I know, it would make the subject heading too long to say "would be," or "attempted," and as you can see the Pope died the other day of natural causes, the "would be" is obvious.

Written By: danootaandme on 04/06/05 at 5:47 am

JP forgave him, so if the Vatican really wants to practice what it preaches they should send one
of the Lear Jets or maybe a limo to pick him up.  Of course if the Vatican practiced what it preaches
it wouldn't have Lear Jets or limos(or pillows woven with golden thread on which to lie the Popes
tired head(wowee now that was lyrical)

Check for new replies or respond here...