» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Tom Delay said he was going to Washington to fight corruption

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/06/05 at 9:53 am

I guess he meant fight FOR corruption

The wife and daughter of Tom DeLay, the House majority leader, have been paid more than $500,000 since 2001 by Mr. DeLay's political action and campaign committees, according to a detailed review of disclosure statements filed with the Federal Election Commission and separate fund-raising records in Mr. DeLay's home state, Texas.

and

A six-day trip to Moscow in 1997 by then-House Majority Whip Tom DeLay (R-Tex.) was underwritten by business interests lobbying in support of the Russian government, according to four people with firsthand knowledge of the trip arrangements.

DeLay reported that the trip was sponsored by a Washington-based nonprofit organization. But interviews with those involved in planning DeLay's trip say the expenses were covered by a mysterious company registered in the Bahamas that also paid for an intensive $440,000 lobbying campaign.

I guess it''s ok, because the press hasn't talked about it hardly at all.

Subject: Re: Tom Delay said he was going to Washington to fight corruption

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/06/05 at 9:59 am

You're joking right? You should have posted this last Friday.

Cat

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/06/05 at 10:11 am

Now, come on Chucky, you know this MUST be a joke as the left-wing press hasn't jumped all over it ::)

You mean the same left-wing press that ignored the Jeff Gannon story and is now ignoring comments by prominent Republicans that they can understand why judges should get shot?  Yes, it must be a joke.  Either that or the press itself is a joke.  Or the joke is on us.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/06/05 at 12:36 pm

What a sick bunny!  Tom DeLay is the Ted Bundy of politics!
:P

No, wait, Ted Bundy was the Tom DeLay of serial killers!

Written By: danootaandme on 04/06/05 at 12:47 pm

Oh big deal, It's not like he's engaging in consensual sex. Even so I will concede that in Bills case
only two people got f**k*d.  Tom DeLay(how many puns can we come up with for that last name)
f**k*  everyone.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/06/05 at 12:56 pm

Oh big deal, It's not like he's engaging in consensual sex. Even so I will concede that in Bills case
only two people got f**k*d.  Tom DeLay(how many puns can we come up with for that last name)
f**k*  everyone.

The name DeLay itself is pretty good.  I call him Tom Dismay for what I feel whenever I hear a story about him!
::)
Well, you know, consensual oral sex is the kind of depravity the Lord despises above all else!  The Bible says it's perfectly fine to lie, cheat, steal, and bribe as long as it is in service of getting your own way!

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/06/05 at 1:51 pm

Getting your own way and Tom DeLay kind of ryhme, doin't you think?  This guy is so corrupt it is unbelievable, and our lap dog media just rolls over, sticks it butt in the air and says "Do me".  I'm shocked, shocked I say to find corruption in high places -Oh, thanks for the bribe (a paraphrase from Casablanca as Louie left Rick's)

Check for new replies or respond here...