» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: How does a regressive tax benefit the 'working man'?

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/08/05 at 1:09 am

I'm just curious as to why a lot of normal, middle class people support the idea of a national sales tax, which would be a regressive tax. A regressive tax means that the lower income brackets end up paying out higher percentages of their income than the upper income brackets.

How does that benefit your economic interests?

I'm kind of wanting GWB to explain this, since he is one of the chickens-I mean people, supporting the colonel-I mean national sales tax.  ;D

Subject: Re: How does a regressive tax benefit the 'working man'?

Written By: MooRocca on 04/08/05 at 12:11 pm

Oops. Could a mod move this to the politics forum?

On the right hand side of the very bottom of this post (well, every post,)  you'll see a link that says, "report to moderator."  You use that report tool to ask that a thread be moved whenever you accidentally post to the wrong one.  If you just post the request to the thread itself, the mods won't necessarily ever see the request.

Subject: Re: How does a regressive tax benefit the 'working man'?

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/08/05 at 3:53 pm

I'm just curious as to why a lot of normal, middle class people support the idea of a national sales tax, which would be a regressive tax. A regressive tax means that the lower income brackets end up paying out higher percentages of their income than the upper income brackets.

How does that benefit your economic interests?

I'm kind of wanting GWB to explain this, since he is one of the chickens-I mean people, supporting the colonel-I mean national sales tax.  ;D

A good question.  One might also ask why so many "normal, middle class people" voted against their interests in the last electrion.  They are willing to support the fascist (I mean neocon) agenda because of the guns, gays, and god rhetoric the Repubs are spouting, and they lovce their SUVs.

Check for new replies or respond here...