» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Malachy's Papal Prophecies - Will there be only 2 more Popes?

Written By: Johnny_D on 04/08/05 at 1:53 pm

Interesting reading...entertaining, if nothing else...

http://www.catholic-pages.com/grabbag/malachy.asp
http://www.newagedirectory.com/pro/malachy.htm

Subject: Re: Malachy's Papal Prophecies - Will there be only 2 more Popes?

Written By: C.NOIZE on 04/09/05 at 11:03 am

That's interesting, for sure.  Not sure what to make of it, however.  I've heard Judgment Day predictions that place it between 2008 and 2012.  These prophecies seem to fit with that.

Written By: goodsin on 04/09/05 at 11:26 am

Any bets on the next Pope's name? I think it won't be Goestheveezel or Uri, but any idea who it will be?

Written By: Dagwood on 04/09/05 at 11:28 am

Sicola.  I want a Pope Sicola. ;)

Written By: goodsin on 04/09/05 at 11:31 am

Sicola.  I want a Pope Sicola. ;)

Bugger, that's the other one I was trying to remember. I think I might just be talking 'Papal Bull', but I don't mean any disrespect to the departed.

Written By: Dagwood on 04/09/05 at 11:34 am

Bugger, that's the other one I was trying to remember. I think I might just be talking 'Papal Bull', but I don't mean any disrespect to the departed.

I mean no disrespect, either.  I heard the joke the other day and had to laugh. :)

Written By: goodsin on 04/09/05 at 11:55 am

I realise people are still sensitive about the outgoing pontifex, so hesitated to post this, but then thought that if I spent my entire life not making sad puns or plays-on-words, I'd never have anything to say. Ultimately it is purely that, a play on words, but have got myself into hot water elsewhere previously by posting something that again was purely a play on words, but that some construed as offensive.

Written By: sputnikcorp on 04/09/05 at 12:23 pm

i just read on another site about the papal prophesies that the next pope will be the one that ushers in the anti-christ. i guess that means the next pope will be even more liberal than the last. the last pope will be named peter the roman and he will be the anti-christ.

interesting stuff, i personally can't wait to see what happens in the next few years...

Written By: Mushroom on 04/09/05 at 12:47 pm

When I first read this, I though it said "Spicoli" and was picturing a young Sean Penn playing the Pope ;D

There was a bit I saw about 20 years ago from Michael Nesmith's "Elephant Parts" in which the first Californian Pope was elected.  (For those that do not remember Michael Nesmith, he was the guy in the beenie from "The Monkees", and a driving force in early music videos.)

The guy was "Pope Brad", a Sean Penn look-alike who was sitting on the beach waxing his surfboard.  It was about 5 minutes long, and was a riot.

Pope:  Hey dude, would you like to kiss my ring?  Ohhh, woah dude, somebody bagged my ring!  Bummer!

I got this movie at home, I am gonna have to dig it out and watch it again tonight.  8)

Written By: AL-B on 04/09/05 at 4:44 pm

Any bets on the next Pope's name? I think it won't be Goestheveezel or Uri, but any idea who it will be?

As I said in another thread, we had two John Pauls, now it's time for Pope George Ringo!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/09/05 at 6:52 pm

There was a bit I saw about 20 years ago from Michael Nesmith's "Elephant Parts" in which the first Californian Pope was elected.  (For those that do not remember Michael Nesmith, he was the guy in the beenie from "The Monkees", and a driving force in early music videos.)

The guy was "Pope Brad", a Sean Penn look-alike who was sitting on the beach waxing his surfboard.  It was about 5 minutes long, and was a riot.

Pope:  Hey dude, would you like to kiss my ring?  Ohhh, woah dude, somebody bagged my ring!  Bummer!

I got this movie at home, I am gonna have to dig it out and watch it again tonight.   8)

Yeah, I remember that show, "Elephant Parts."  That introduced me to Whoopie Godberg's preppie Valley Girl character.  The funny thing is, I knew a girl just like that.  She was a New Yorker going to prep school up here, and she talked in a completely preppie white girl voice, but she was very black!

Anyway, this is supposed to be about the Pope.  There may be only two more Popes in this incarnation of the post-Lutheran Catholic church.  Pope John Paul II packed the Vatican with reactionary cardinals.  If they don't get their heads out of the sixteenth century, there may be a further schism in the church.

Check for new replies or respond here...