» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Olympic, Abortion Clinic Bomber Cops Plea To Save His Skin

Written By: Indy Gent on 04/08/05 at 3:30 pm

Eric Rudolph, the terrorist accused of bombing the 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta and three abortion clinics, has made a deal to plead guilty in exchange for leniency. He will serve 4 life sentences instead. Somehow, it doesn't seem like justice done. :( >:(

http://www.sportsline.com/olympics/story/8367927

Subject: Re: Olympic, Abortion Clinic Bomber Cops Plea To Save His Skin

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/08/05 at 3:43 pm

Eric Rudolph, the terrorist accused of bombing the 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta and three abortion clinics, has made a deal to plead guilty in exchange for leniency. He will serve 4 life sentences instead. Somehow, it doesn't seem like justice done. :( >:(

http://www.sportsline.com/olympics/story/8367927

And you would burn the ...?  He ain't getting out.  He will be in jail for many  years after he is dead (not really, too smelly).  What more do you want?

Written By: Mushroom on 04/08/05 at 4:01 pm

At least Richard Jewell can now be fully exonerated.

And you would burn the ...?  He ain't getting out.  He will be in jail for many years after he is dead (not really, too smelly).  What more do you want?

Well, how about blowing him up?  It would be poetic justice, after all.

Then again, if they did that, it might end up like a scene from the ORIGINAL version of "The Italian Job":

Charlie Croker: You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!

::)

Written By: AL-B on 04/09/05 at 5:19 pm

I wonder if they ever would have caught him had he not turned himself to some deputy sheriff. He was hiding out in the N.C. forests for quite a long time, if I remember correctly.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/09/05 at 6:48 pm

At least Richard Jewell can now be fully exonerated.

Well, how about blowing him up?  It would be poetic justice, after all.

Then again, if they did that, it might end up like a scene from the ORIGINAL version of "The Italian Job":

Charlie Croker: You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!

::)

Blowing him up is not "poetic justice," sir, it is barbarism.
I'm just glad he's in prison where he can't go around killing and terrorizing innocent people!

Written By: GWBush2004 on 04/09/05 at 6:56 pm

So he avoided the death penalty.  Good work, Alabama.  >:(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/09/05 at 7:01 pm

So he avoided the death penalty.  Good work, Alabama.  >:(

If he'd been a young African American male accused of killing a white police officer, he'd sure get the death penalty!

Written By: Dagwood on 04/09/05 at 7:04 pm

And you would burn the ...? He ain't getting out. He will be in jail for many years after he is dead (not really, too smelly). What more do you want?

I totally agree with you on this one, Carlos.  He isn't going to be getting out and the taxpayers don't have to pay to prosecute him.  Plus, he will be in prison everyday living with what he did.  Sounds like a win/win situation to me.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 04/09/05 at 7:06 pm

If he'd been a young African American male accused of killing a white police officer, he'd sure get the death penalty!

That would be the same with a white person.  People who get convicted of killing police officers are rarely not given the death penalty.  Something very wrong with killing law enforcement, in our justice systems' eyes.

In other news, that white guy, John Coouey (spelled right?) who killed that 9-year-old girl (Jessica Lunsford) will be getting the death penalty if convicted, so says the police in that Florida county.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 04/09/05 at 7:08 pm

Plus, he will be in prison everyday living with what he did.

The guy ran from police in the backwoods of North Carolina for years.  I doubt he really cares about what he did, just that he got caught.

In my opinion, only the people who turn themselves in and repent for what they did to the family of their victim(s) and to God really care what they did.  Most convicted murderers show no remorse.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/09/05 at 7:11 pm

That would be the same with a white person.  People who get convicted of killing police officers are rarely not given the death penalty.  Something very wrong with killing law enforcement, in our justice systems' eyes.

In other news, that white guy, John Coouey (spelled right?) who killed that 9-year-old girl (Jessica Lunsford) will be getting the death penalty if convicted, so says the police in that Florida county.

That's true about the police officer, bad example.  I'm not saying these people are anything other than despicable, I just don't go for the death penalty.

The race bias in death sentencing is too easily masked by skewed statistics.

Written By: danootaandme on 04/10/05 at 8:43 am

I am glad he wasn't given death.  I hope he lives a long long time.  He was an outdoors man who will
never again sleep under the stars, walk in the morning sun.  I think that he should maybe once a
year have he scent of the deep woods wafted into his cell for maybe 30 seconds, just enough to
make his heart break.  They found that when an Australian Aborigine,(outdoors in the nth degree),
was jailed they usually didn't last very long, they would die almost like slow suicide, at the thought of
being pent up inside.  This is what I hope happens to rudolph.  It was found that there were people
who helped him while he was out in the woods.  What about the "aiding and abetting" thing?  I want
them brought in as well.  The man bombed the Olympics, a woman died.  What ever was the
rationale for that?

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/10/05 at 11:18 am

He comitted murder, though he killed murderers, he still needs to rot in prison.

Huh?

Written By: GWBush2004 on 04/10/05 at 11:29 am

Huh?

He bombed people who did abortions.

Written By: danootaandme on 04/10/05 at 11:32 am

I knew someone would be harda$$ on that, but what about the woman he murdered, and the people
he maimed at the Olympic Games in Atlanta. What is she, collateral damage?

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/10/05 at 11:40 am

Abortions aren't murder. So pick up a biology book before you open your ignorant mouth.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/10/05 at 2:05 pm

Abortions aren't murder. So pick up a biology book before you open your ignorant mouth.

They have an answer for this, BELIEVE me!  Pro-lifers love to argue abortion IS murder, and it's a biologically demonstrable fact.
Then they'll say, maybe it's YOU who has an "ignorant mouth."

I'm pro-choice myself, and I generally don't buy the anti-choice take on things, but some of them are pretty cogent, unlike a few I can think of who shall remain nameless.

Written By: Indy Gent on 04/14/05 at 8:04 pm

According to the Bible, it is murder. It's another example of "pro-choice" people forcing their beliefs on those that know better. The only reason to end a birth is to save the mother. Luckily, there hasn't been that many yet. And, Alex, I have studied biology, and contrary to popular belief, it is not a perfect science.

And P.S.: I don't condone any bombings, especially those that kill people, so don't be quick to judge all pro-lifers.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/15/05 at 2:59 pm

According to the Bible, it is murder. It's another example of "pro-choice" people forcing their beliefs on those that know better. The only reason to end a birth is to save the mother. Luckily, there hasn't been that many yet. And, Alex, I have studied biology, and contrary to popular belief, it is not a perfect science.

And P.S.: I don't condone any bombings, especially those that kill people, so don't be quick to judge all pro-lifers.

What citation from the Bible declares abortion "murder."

Check for new replies or respond here...