» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Will things change in 2012

Written By: DevoRule on 04/16/05 at 3:35 pm

With all the Mayan Calendar talk I decided to make a poll!     

I say "Yes", based on the way the world is and personal experiences.

Subject: Re: Will things change in 2012

Written By: sputnikcorp on 04/16/05 at 4:26 pm

it's just a prophesy, nothing is going to happen. but if it does, w00t! then i can say "i told you so" to my skeptical friends. ;D

Written By: EthanM on 04/16/05 at 7:25 pm

I'm sure some things will be different, but probably nothing too drastic.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/16/05 at 7:56 pm

Yes, provided we make it to 2012.  The big and nosy white guys in power might jump the gun on the Mayan end-of-the-world sceniaro!

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/17/05 at 4:24 pm

I voted yes, but I question the "IN" 2012.  Certainly "BY" 2012 things will have changes, for the better I hope.

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/17/05 at 4:24 pm

Carlos, did you recieve the PM I sent you?

Written By: saver on 04/18/05 at 1:23 pm

Yes, but it will be the loud noise of people eating crow.

How many times have we heard 'predictors' say the Pope would die in the last 4 New Year predictions...next as people talk up the 'changes' to come because of some calendar prediction, when it 2012 comes around,with no drastic/spiritual change mannnnny will be 're'-calculating saying 'oh,something was left out of the figuring" or 'the dates were off-we misread a symbol'....just people looking to have something to 'scare' others with as society likes to use 'fear' as a weapon..we don't wanna scare you but wait 'til 2012..LIVE LIFE,..ENJOY.... ;)   

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/18/05 at 3:00 pm

I voted yes, but I question the "IN" 2012. Certainly "BY" 2012 things will have changes, for the better I hope.

Yes, but it will be the loud noise of people eating crow.

How many times have we heard 'predictors' say the Pope would die in the last 4 New Year predictions...next as people talk up the 'changes' to come because of some calendar prediction, when it 2012 comes around,with no drastic/spiritual change mannnnny will be 're'-calculating saying 'oh,something was left out of the figuring" or 'the dates were off-we misread a symbol'....just people looking to have something to 'scare' others with as society likes to use 'fear' as a weapon..we don't wanna scare you but wait 'til 2012..LIVE LIFE,..ENJOY.... ;)   

I guess this wasn't in response to my post.  2012 is 5 1/2 years away.  The only prediction I make is that over that time, things will change.  We will have a new incumbant and be facing a presidential election.  Hopefully, we will no longer be bogged down in Iraq or anyplace else (one can only hope).  The composition (or at least the personalities) on the Supreme Court will be different.  Change is inevitable, but what direction will it take?  All we can do is, as you say, live the lives we have and ENJOY, and try to effect the changes we each think desireable (evan though we often work at cross purposes).

Written By: saver on 04/18/05 at 5:24 pm

My initial reaction was because sooo many alternative talk shows have been interviewing various sooth-sayers who are predicting some BIG change in the world either spiritually or globally effected that is 'the end of the world as we know it'. Using a combination of Mayan calendars and old Nostrodomus calculations...as we may know..the Jehova Witnesses have made their semi annual 'end of world' predictions for years and WE'RE STILL HERE...so if anyone else has better insight, guess we'll have to wait.

I predict we may not be viewing tv shows on magnetically recorded tape and we will actually insert discs into a 'player' to view them :o...... -er.....wait, that's called PROGRESS...

I'm surprised we haven't had a full uproar over soaring gas prices as of yet...it'll keep up as long as we let it...so if some big change is in the works, we may let it happen by lying back and watching it :-\\

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/20/05 at 3:49 pm

My initial reaction was because sooo many alternative talk shows have been interviewing various sooth-sayers who are predicting some BIG change in the world either spiritually or globally effected that is 'the end of the world as we know it'. Using a combination of Mayan calendars and old Nostrodomus calculations...as we may know..the Jehova Witnesses have made their semi annual 'end of world' predictions for years and WE'RE STILL HERE...so if anyone else has better insight, guess we'll have to wait.

I predict we may not be viewing tv shows on magnetically recorded tape and we will actually insert discs into a 'player' to view them :o...... -er.....wait, that's called PROGRESS...

I'm surprised we haven't had a full uproar over soaring gas prices as of yet...it'll keep up as long as we let it...so if some big change is in the works, we may let it happen by lying back and watching it :-\\

I also amn not impressed with "soothsayers" and pundants.  And by the way we already have a DVD recorder which I use to record both old tapes and broadcast movies on to disc.  I'm not sure that equals progress, but I do have some great film on disc that don't deteriorate as I watch - Inherant the Wind, The Grapes of Wrath, The Wretched of the Earth.

Change never happens with we folk "laying back and watching it" - not good change.  "So far, the philosophers have tried to explain the world.  The trick is to change it".

Written By: McDonald on 04/20/05 at 7:45 pm

I see a Democrat being re-elected to the office of President of the United States of AMERICA!.... and saving the world.  :D

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/21/05 at 4:55 pm

I see a Democrat being re-elected to the office of President of the United States of AMERICA!.... and saving the world.  :D

One can onyl hope!  And frankly, if the Republicans get back to the center, and ther roots, I could stand other Republicans.  Linclon once said something to the effect that the greatest bond of unity, beside the family connection, was that binding all working people.  Our current Republican party has strayed far from the wisdom of the great liberator.

Check for new replies or respond here...