» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: What's in Area 51?

Written By: DevoRule on 04/16/05 at 4:36 pm

I'd say alien evidence, maybe a couple bodies.  I tend to find the debunking of UFOs to be incomplete and blinded by belief.  For instance, I read a skeptical report on the Moon Hoax and it convinced me the Moon landing was real, whereas on this one show (I believe History Channel) all the skeptics said was:

1. It was a spread of Hollywood ideas
2. They're all fakes; they're so easy to make
3. They're delusions

None of these I find truly convincing, especially 2.

Subject: Re: What's in Area 51?

Written By: sputnikcorp on 04/16/05 at 4:43 pm

they used to fly top secret aircraft out of there. many reported UFO sightings were only the stealth fighter and bomber. if, and a mighty huge if, alien craft were stored there, they would have moved them somewhere else, away from the public eye because practically everybody on the planet knows about area 51. why store a secret in a place that has round the clock scutiny by UFO nuts.

Written By: DevoRule on 04/16/05 at 4:45 pm

they used to fly top secret aircraft out of there. many reported UFO sightings were only the stealth fighter and bomber. if, and a mighty huge if, alien craft were stored there, they would have moved them somewhere else, away from the public eye because practically everybody on the planet knows about area 51. why store a secret in a place that has round the clock scutiny by UFO nuts.

Good point.  The most convincing alien story I've heard has to be the Sirius Mystery.

I think Area 51 has secret aircraft, but some of the technology has alien origin.  I doubt there's any bodies or actual ETs there. 

Isn't Area 51 totally closed off though?  I heard they closed off another region there.

Written By: DevoRule on 04/16/05 at 4:48 pm

Actually I think I did read a pretty good debunking of UFOs a while ago, but most of the articles fall short of being truly convincing.  The Moon Hoax and Face on Mars, though, those are well debunked.  That's why I think UFO theory makes a lot of sense.  Even space.com, a skeptical science site, did an article on Flying Triangles.

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/16/05 at 4:55 pm

There have been consistently way too many sighting all around the world of unidentified crafts, and the discriptions are all VERY similar. There have been sightings everywhere from Brazil to America to Israel to Turkey..it seems almost every remote corner of the world has had it's share of sightings.

As for the abduction phenomenon..I saw a program saying it could be attributed to sleep paralysis, in which a person wakes up during REM conciously but their body stays in the same state as REM for 1-2 minutes, and they are paralyzed(whenever you are in REM your body is paralyzed) and they hallucinate.

But that still wouldn't account for cases like the one where all of those guys were fishing and they all experienced it together.

I don't see why its seen as loony. The chances for intelligent civilizations on other planets VASTLY outdo the chances of there not being so. And if they had the kind of technology to get here from so far away, chances are that tech is good enough for them to go unnoticed except for a few mishaps.

Written By: DevoRule on 04/16/05 at 4:59 pm

There have been consistently way too many sighting all around the world of unidentified crafts, and the discriptions are all VERY similar. There have been sightings everywhere from Brazil to America to Israel to Turkey..it seems almost every remote corner of the world has had it's share of sightings.

As for the abduction phenomenon..I saw a program saying it could be attributed to sleep paralysis, in which a person wakes up during REM conciously but their body stays in the same state as REM for 1-2 minutes, and they are paralyzed(whenever you are in REM your body is paralyzed) and they hallucinate.

But that still wouldn't account for cases like the one where all of those guys were fishing and they all experienced it together.

I don't see why its seen as loony. The chances for intelligent civilizations on other planets VASTLY outdo the chances of there not being so. And if they had the kind of technology to get here from so far away, chances are that tech is good enough for them to go unnoticed except for a few mishaps.

I'd guess there's about 100 Earths in the galaxy.  The Drake equation figures it from almost zero to 15, but I think it's probably a lot more because life doesn't have to be like Earth life.

Abductions, even the ones from paralysis, I still find interesting and meaningful.  Who's to say the aliens don't use paralysis for abduction?

Alex, wouldn't you agree that the skeptics can't and haven't debunked UFOs, whereas they have many other things (Loch Ness Monster, Face on Mars, Moon Hoax)?

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/16/05 at 5:07 pm

I'd guess there's about 100 Earths in the galaxy. The Drake equation figures it from almost zero to 15, but I think it's probably a lot more because life doesn't have to be like Earth life.

Abductions, even the ones from paralysis, I still find interesting and meaningful. Who's to say the aliens don't use paralysis for abduction?

Alex, wouldn't you agree that the skeptics can't and haven't debunked UFOs, whereas they have many other things (Loch Ness Monster, Face on Mars, Moon Hoax)?

Yes, I would definitely agree.

Now this is a little bit more of a stretch, but its a theory I have heard:

Some people think that all living organisms have an aura, that is, we are surrounded by a body of energy, which is in layers, and different bodies occur at different vibration frequencies. The only one that our mind conciously is aware of is the densest one of these, the physical body. But its believed that using tools like meditation it is possible for some individuals to train their minds to pick up higher vibration frequencies, and become conciously in-control of their other bodies.

Its believed that when one masters this, this is what allows some people to do astral projection. Which is the rest of your energy bodies seperating from your physical body and exploring the world. Some people believe that we do this during REM, but it is an unconcious thing. Astral projection is doing it conciously. People who have claimed to have done this all talk about being anchored to their physical body by a silver cord. And interestingly enough, there is even a verse in the Bible that says something along the lines of "When the silver cord is severed". I'll have to find it..

Anyway, to get back to my original point, the theory is that the way these crafts move, which are seemingly against the laws of physics..perhaps that can be explained that these beings have mastered some type of thing like astral projection that allows them to do this. Just an interesting little food for thought.

Written By: sputnikcorp on 04/16/05 at 6:03 pm

i suffered through sleep paralysis three times. two of those times i hallucinated, and no, no ETs.

a hundred years ago people were abducted by leprechauns and fairies. in the 50s, people claim to have been abducted by humans from planets in our own solar system. as the technology advanced and our understanding of the universe increases so does the abduction stories, many of these stories are influenced by the media through movies and tv shows. thats why we see "patterns" in these cases and why the UFO investigators claim it's all real. it's the media's influence, it forms our impressions of aliens and abductions.

Written By: DevoRule on 04/16/05 at 9:56 pm

Yes, I would definitely agree.

Now this is a little bit more of a stretch, but its a theory I have heard:

Some people think that all living organisms have an aura, that is, we are surrounded by a body of energy, which is in layers, and different bodies occur at different vibration frequencies. The only one that our mind conciously is aware of is the densest one of these, the physical body. But its believed that using tools like meditation it is possible for some individuals to train their minds to pick up higher vibration frequencies, and become conciously in-control of their other bodies.

Its believed that when one masters this, this is what allows some people to do astral projection. Which is the rest of your energy bodies seperating from your physical body and exploring the world. Some people believe that we do this during REM, but it is an unconcious thing. Astral projection is doing it conciously. People who have claimed to have done this all talk about being anchored to their physical body by a silver cord. And interestingly enough, there is even a verse in the Bible that says something along the lines of "When the silver cord is severed". I'll have to find it..

Anyway, to get back to my original point, the theory is that the way these crafts move, which are seemingly against the laws of physics..perhaps that can be explained that these beings have mastered some type of thing like astral projection that allows them to do this. Just an interesting little food for thought.

That's really interesting, and I've heard similar things.  I seldom think of my flesh body really; I live in my mind.  I think the ETs technology is just as much "spiritual" as material.

i suffered through sleep paralysis three times. two of those times i hallucinated, and no, no ETs.

a hundred years ago people were abducted by leprechauns and fairies. in the 50s, people claim to have been abducted by humans from planets in our own solar system. as the technology advanced and our understanding of the universe increases so does the abduction stories, many of these stories are influenced by the media through movies and tv shows. thats why we see "patterns" in these cases and why the UFO investigators claim it's all real. it's the media's influence, it forms our impressions of aliens and abductions.

You see, Sputnik, I think these beings adjust these things so we can understand them better.  I do think many come from other star systems, but they can come from anywhere really. 

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/17/05 at 2:52 am

I've gone through sleep paralysis too(it is H3LL by the way, as I am sure you know). No, I didn't see little gray men either. But people have reported having seen such things during it. Not everyone experiences the same stuff by a long shot. I was fortunate enough to not have any actual visual or auditory hallucinations. But they do happen to some people.

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/17/05 at 7:53 am

Area 51 is now a scam.  Its cover long-ago blown, the government feeds the idea that something secret is going on there.  Even to the point of those white tail 737 flights in and out.

The really secret stuff is now being done at a place referred to as Area 52 - its location has not yet been revealed or compromised.

Written By: sputnikcorp on 04/17/05 at 9:58 am

I've gone through sleep paralysis too(it is H3LL by the way, as I am sure you know). No, I didn't see little gray men either. But people have reported having seen such things during it. Not everyone experiences the same stuff by a long shot. I was fortunate enough to not have any actual visual or auditory hallucinations. But they do happen to some people.

my first time, i had the pink floyd dark side prism poster over my head, it came to life and oozed down the wall towards my head. i actually enjoyed that....the last episode i had i woke up and someone grabbed my right hand and slammed it beside my head, i felt someone on my chest and i began to scream....when i finally woke up, i was so shaken, i kept the bedside light on and stayed awake for an hour.

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/17/05 at 11:07 am

my first time, i had the pink floyd dark side prism poster over my head, it came to life and oozed down the wall towards my head. i actually enjoyed that....the last episode i had i woke up and someone grabbed my right hand and slammed it beside my head, i felt someone on my chest and i began to scream....when i finally woke up, i was so shaken, i kept the bedside light on and stayed awake for an hour.

I experienced vividness, and a very strong impending feeling of doom, like I was going to die. Also, my field of vision was..shaking, rather violently. Almost like there was an earthquake within my mind or something(I know that doesn't make sense). And I felt a malevolent prescence leering over me..thats how it was everytime. I've gone through it about 5 times.

Written By: the_omega on 04/17/05 at 11:28 am

Area 51 is now a scam.  Its cover long-ago blown, the government feeds the idea that something secret is going on there.  Even to the point of those white tail 737 flights in and out.

The really secret stuff is now being done at a place referred to as Area 52 - its location has not yet been revealed or compromised.

I heard it was area 51-B and that they are only keeping minimul activity in are 51 to not arouse any suspicion into another possible area but then again that could be wool over our eyes and realy everything is going on in area 51 while people try to find this new area 51-B/52

as for what is in area 51 or any other 'area' i like to believe it's some wierd a$$ funky sh*t but it's probably nothing realy

Written By: Tam on 04/17/05 at 12:26 pm

I watched a program about a year or so ago. It was claiming that Area 51 is home to "The Moon". As in, the US never really landed on the moon the first time, that they were afraid the Soviets were going to surpass us so they created and area in the desert to look like the moon, then shot pics of the landing from there. The program also claimed that you could see sand being blown up from the ground by the wind and that you could also see the cameraman without a spacesuit or anything reflecting in Armstrong's visor....

Written By: DevoRule on 04/17/05 at 1:54 pm

I watched a program about a year or so ago. It was claiming that Area 51 is home to "The Moon". As in, the US never really landed on the moon the first time, that they were afraid the Soviets were going to surpass us so they created and area in the desert to look like the moon, then shot pics of the landing from there. The program also claimed that you could see sand being blown up from the ground by the wind and that you could also see the cameraman without a spacesuit or anything reflecting in Armstrong's visor....

The moon hoax is mostly likely fake. badastronomy.com debunked it well.  As far as I know, they haven't done that good a job for UFOs if any job.

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/17/05 at 4:10 pm

Good Lord, Roswell again?  Speculation, speculation.  Ahow me the evidenace.

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/17/05 at 4:13 pm

Good Lord, Roswell again? Speculation, speculation. Ahow me the evidenace.

I must interject. There is a telling lack of evidence against UFO-related phenomenon.

Written By: sputnikcorp on 04/17/05 at 4:14 pm

I must interject. There is a telling lack of evidence against UFO-related phenomenon.

speaking as a former UFO junkie who came to his senses, no concrete evidence exist.

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/17/05 at 4:18 pm

speaking as a former UFO junkie who came to his senses, no concrete evidence exist.

..either way.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/17/05 at 4:24 pm

Goddddd I would really like to think that UFO'S, Aliens etc existed for definite, it would be so wacky...the very best UFO documentaries/sightings hail from the US    ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...