» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Tom Tancredo considers White House bid

Written By: GWBush2004 on 04/16/05 at 6:48 pm

If he runs, he has my vote.  This is by far the best republican around....

Tancredo considers White House bid

Rep. Tom Tancredo, R-Colo., fresh from victory in three online presidential straw polls over formidibale candidates, told Joseph Farah's radio audience today he would run for president in 2008 if no other Republican candidate takes the border issue seriously.

"I'll tell you what," he said, "if no one else does, I will do it."

Tancredo is the head of the House Immigration Reform Caucus and has challenged his own party's president on the issue of insecure border and his proposed "guest worker" proposal.

Tancredo said he was encouraged by President Bush's recent meeting with Mexican President Vicente Fox because the U.S. leader told his counterpart he would continue to push for more lenient immigration policies but would not guarantee they would be approved by Congress.

The Colorado congressman said he believes Bush was signaling defeat and giving permission to GOP dissenters to vote their conscience on the issue.

Full story: http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/printer-friendly.asp?ARTICLE_ID=43531

Subject: Re: Tom Tancredo considers White House bid

Written By: EthanM on 04/16/05 at 7:20 pm

It looks like all he cares about is closing the borders... isn't a president supposed to deal with other things?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/16/05 at 7:53 pm

Hey, you want Fascism to work, you better start hating some "others," and what better place to start than illegal immigration with some of the corporate media's favorite big and noisy white guys--Lou Dobbs and Bill O'Reilly!  If Tommy T. doesn't get to the House, mebby FOX News will hire him as a special correspondant, just like that no good cracker Zell Miller!

AMERICA UBER ALLES!
:o

Written By: GWBush2004 on 04/16/05 at 9:08 pm

It looks like all he cares about is closing the borders... isn't a president supposed to deal with other things?

Border security is Tom Tancredo's self-described "pet issue."  It is, rightfully, his number one concern, but he does talk about other issues such as making the tax cuts permanent and fighting the war on terror.

some of the corporate media's

Are you kidding?  The big companies don't want Bush to secure the border.  To much cheap labor coming across.  It's time for the republicans to stop listening to big business and the chamber of commerce on this issue and other issues like free expensive trade.  Close the borders!

Sadly it looks like it's going to take Tancredo, Hayworth, or a terrorist attack that we can trace back to illegally crossing the border before our pitiful congress will do something about this.

Written By: EthanM on 04/16/05 at 9:50 pm

who is going to fund republican campaigns if they alienate big businesses?

Written By: GWBush2004 on 04/16/05 at 10:04 pm

who is going to fund republican campaigns if they alienate big businesses?

The grateful average republican voter probably.

This issue brings with it the biggest disconnect in politics.  The disconnect is between the average republican voter and the GOP establishment/leadership.  They better start listening to us and close the borders or you can say hello to president Kerry or president Clinton.

Written By: EthanM on 04/17/05 at 12:09 am

i know, how about you break off from the Republicans and start the know-nothing party again. Except dedicate it to excluding Mexicans this time instead of Catholics.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 04/17/05 at 1:02 am

i know, how about you break off from the Republicans and start the know-nothing party again. Except dedicate it to excluding Mexicans this time instead of Catholics.

Aren't most Mexicans Catholic?

What is the deal with people supporting illegal immigration!?  They can get in line like everyone else, they obviously have no respect for our laws.  Hell 90% of all outstanding warrants for homicide in the city of Los Angeles, California are for people who are in this country illegally.  So please don't give me the "they just come here to work...." garbage.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/17/05 at 2:06 pm

The difference is the "know-nothing" party of 100 years ago didn't take "know-nothing" literally as would be the case if....

Anyway, the reason Pat Buchanan and the other big bigots don't form a know-nothing-type party to rival the Republicans is the Republicans are serving those blowhards just fine.  If you were already rich when Dubya made the scene (and Buchanan was loaded), you are now making money hand over fist.  That's what really matters to the big bigots.  The little bigots just follow dumbly along and vote Republican because "it will be much worse if a Democrat wins."
::)

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/17/05 at 3:34 pm

The big companies don't want Bush to secure the border.  To much cheap labor coming across.  It's time for the republicans to stop listening to big business and the chamber of commerce of this issue.  Close the borders!

Me thinks that once again, although from very different motives and agendas, the left and the right are making contact "at the back of the circle".  I would add that it is time the Repubs stopped listening to "big business and the chamber of commerce" on lots of issues, and started paying attention to the needs of working people around the country (FAT CHANCE).

Written By: GWBush2004 on 04/17/05 at 8:51 pm

You want to see just how much he cares about this growing crisis and security issue?  Just scroll down Tancredo's own official website: http://tancredo.house.gov/

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/18/05 at 3:38 pm

You want to see just how much he cares about this growing crisis and security issue?  Just scroll down Tancredo's own official website: http://tancredo.house.gov/

So Tom DeLay IS'Nt corrupt?  And this clown is defending him?  Oh well, a good, loyal Rebublican without the guts to call an ace an ace, or his majority leader a crook.  Typical.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/18/05 at 10:56 pm

He's a great guy, he says so himself!!! 
Well, you know, GWB, they ARE taking the world "gullible" out of the dictionary.
(Good f***ing grief!)

Don Carlos wrote:
So Tom DeLay IS'Nt corrupt?  And this clown is defending him?  Oh well, a good, loyal Rebublican without the guts to call an ace an ace, or his majority leader a crook.  Typical.
Hey, the GOP party line says the charges against DeLay are trumped-up by Democrats with nothing but partisanship on their agenda, and the whole story is only kept alive because the media is soooo liberally biased.
Gimme a G*dd*m break! If any Democrat from any state was accused of any single one of the charges against DeLay in the past month, that Dem would be burned at the stake by now, while all the bimbo newsreaders beam with glee at the proceedings!
The Dems need to get their heads out of their posteriors, and stop trying to woo Jesus freaks.  They need to grab this gaggle of demons by the neck and never let go!  They need to show the people how rotten this GOP congress is, and (unlike the Gingrich congress) all they have to do is tell the truth!
The Jesus freaks are are too brainwashed.  The Dems can just write them off.  If these people can't see the sickness in the eyes of Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, and Tom DeLay, they need a straightjacket and a Thorazine drip!

Written By: GWBush2004 on 04/19/05 at 2:43 am

He's a great guy, he says so himself!!! 

Tom Tancredo is one of a small minority of republicans with the guts to tell President Bush no on the guest worker "plan."  Tancredo and Hayworth are leading the pack of 180 US House republicans who are drawing the line in the sand and telling Bush no on it.  Tancredo is one of the only republicans that talks about what he is doing to secure our borders on his own official website, the only one to call the minutemen project a great thing, and to publically cheer Arizona's prop. 200 despite being a representative representing Colorado.  Every article you read on Tancredo talks about the borders, and I fully support Tancredo's stance, enough is enough, SECURE OUR BORDERS!

Written By: EthanM on 04/19/05 at 9:57 am

Maybe it'll be a good thing for the rest of the world is the Republicans run a candidate who just cares about one issue that doesn't have a direct impact on the majority of the country.

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/19/05 at 3:00 pm

Tom Tancredo is one of a small minority of republicans with the guts to tell President Bush no on the guest worker "plan."  Tancredo and Hayworth are leading the pack of 180 US House republicans who are drawing the line in the sand and telling Bush no on it.  Tancredo is one of the only republicans that talks about what he is doing to secure our borders on his own official website, the only one to call the minutemen project a great thing, and to publically cheer Arizona's prop. 200 despite being a representative representing Colorado.  Every article you read on Tancredo talks about the borders, and I fully support Tancredo's stance, enough is enough, SECURE OUR BORDERS!

It seems like this is becoming your litmus test.  I just don't get why you are so xenophobic.  We are, after all, a nation of immigrants.  And who issues visas to the Puritans or to the James Towniens? 

Written By: GWBush2004 on 05/17/05 at 2:42 pm

Here is a recent quote from Tom Tancredo while he was in IOWA (in case you don't know, Iowa is the first state you go through on the road to the white house, and the state he talks about is NEW HAMPSHIRE, the second state you must go through):

"I am on this little crusade where my purpose is to build a fire around this issue so that any presidential candidate will have to deal with it.  I wish you could have been there in New Hampshire to see the passion around this -- in New Hampshire!  I will think of what option I have to make this part of the national debate, and if it means running for president then I will do it."  -Tom Tancredo

Any congressman/governor giving speeches this time of the year in states like Iowa, New Hampshire, Delaware, and South Carolina are almost certainly at least thinking about running for president.

You can see who's at least considering running already: Hillary Clinton, George Allen, Tom Tancredo, Bill Frist, Mitt Romney, and Newt Gingrich.

Written By: EthanM on 05/17/05 at 3:16 pm

From that quote it looks like Tancredo doesn't want to be president

Anyone who talks about being on a crusade worried me. There is not much of a difference between a crusade and a jihad except for who is doing it

The candidates you list are Hillary Clinton and a bunch of republicans. Is that really an accurate list?

Written By: GWBush2004 on 05/17/05 at 6:15 pm

The candidates you list are Hillary Clinton and a bunch of republicans. Is that really an accurate list?

Hillary Clinton seems to be the only democrat so far that is making the moves to run for president.

All the republicans I named have done at least something to show they are running for president, and have shown at least a moderate interest in it.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/18/05 at 1:46 am

Slogan for the Tancredo/Santorum ticket, '08:
"CLOSE OUR BORDERS AND CLOSE OUR MINDS!"

Written By: Don Carlos on 05/18/05 at 1:09 pm

Acctually, I have established a committee to explore the possibility of a run for the White House.  Noiw that I'm retired from teaching I will need something to occupy my time.  Constitutionally, I qualify.  I'm over 40 and am native born (Patterson N.J.).  Cat would make a great First Lady, and we would turn the Linclon bedroom into a Wiccan shrine.  Anyone wishing to make a contribution can PM me for the address.  ;)  ;)

Written By: GWBush2004 on 05/18/05 at 1:16 pm

Acctually, I have established a committee to explore the possibility of a run for the White House.  Noiw that I'm retired from teaching I will need something to occupy my time.  Constitutionally, I qualify.  I'm over 40 and am native born (Patterson N.J.).  Cat would make a great First Lady, and we would turn the Linclon bedroom into a Wiccan shrine.  Anyone wishing to make a contribution can PM me for the address.  ;)  ;)

To run for president, you must:

Be at least 35 years of age.
Be born in the United States of America
Have lived in the United States of America for at least 14 years

Are you talking about running for the democratic nomination, or as an independent?  And yes, I know it was sarcasm.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/18/05 at 4:56 pm

Yeah, but the Republican super-duper majority will amend the Constitution for Arnold Scheissenegger in 2008, maybe 2012.

Are you talking about running for the democratic nomination, or as an independent?  And yes, I know it was sarcasm.

I'll vote for DC and the Wicca shrine whatever ticket he runs on!  Oh, I'll finance your campaign after I make my first billion, which is only slightly less likely than Don Carlos being elected President!
;)

Written By: GWBush2004 on 05/18/05 at 5:05 pm

Yeah, but the Republican super-duper majority will amend the Constitution for Arnold Scheissenegger in 2008, maybe 2012.

No body is going to amend the constitution for Arnold.  It's a lost cause, and it's a good thing.  I think the founding fathers got it right.

Written By: Don Carlos on 05/19/05 at 2:55 pm

Be at least 35 years of age.
Have lived in the United States of America for at least 14 years

As I said, I meet all of the qualifications.  I would run as an independant, but I might try a primary run in the Republican party.  Shades of Fred Tuttle.

Written By: Don Carlos on 05/19/05 at 2:58 pm

I'll vote for DC and the Wicca shrine whatever ticket he runs on!  Oh, I'll finance your campaign after I make my first billion, which is only slightly less likely than Don Carlos being elected President!
;)

Actually, Max, the contributions are already rolling in.  One from Cat and one from my sister.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/22/05 at 8:32 am

The question is do I really WANT to be first lady?

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/22/05 at 1:23 pm

The question is do I really WANT to be first lady?

Cat

You can be "the brains behind pa," to quote Dylan!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/22/05 at 5:37 pm

:-X    ;)

Cat

Written By: Don Carlos on 05/23/05 at 3:02 pm

Actually, I envision her having a slightly different function.  See me on the "other" board for a more thorough explanation. ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...