» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Democrat Leader Harry Reid's Office Tells Off Private Citizen

Written By: GWBush2004 on 04/17/05 at 1:03 am

The following is an email exchange forwarded to Move America Forward by Cory Estes of Bucyrus, Ohio. Mr. Estes is a 20 year veteran of the U.S. Air Force and wrote to Senate Democrat Leader Harry Reid, requesting that Reid support John Bolton, the man nominated by President Bush to serve as U.S. Ambassador to the UN, and not smear Bolton during the confirmation process.
Note - we have removed Mr. Estes’ personal email address from this exchange:

-----Original Message-----
To: Anderson, Kai (Reid) Kai_Anderson@reid.senate.gov; Hafen, Tessa (Reid) Tessa_Hafen@reid.senate.gov; McCue, Susan (Reid) - Susan_McCue@reid.senate.gov; McCallum, David (Reid) David_McCallum@reid.senate.gov
Sent: Thu Mar 17 09:05:17 2005
Subject: Bolton Nomination

Bolton is the best possible person for the job of U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Senator Reid needs to get off of his extreme partisan horse, quit playing political games, and get back to representing his state in the Senate.

Cory S. Estes
Bucyrus, Ohio

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

That email from Mr. Estes, elicited this response from Democrat Leader Reid’s Chief of Staff, Susan McCue:

----- Original Message -----
To: XXXXX@columbus.rr.com
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2005 9:33 AM
Subject: Re: Bolton Nomination

And you, cory, need to get off your extreme partisan puppetry and think this through. Blame the UN for the world’s ills if it makes you feel better. But maybe you should stop and think about what you as an individual can proactively do to protect this great nation. Name-calling at the behest of the rich republican propaganda machinery isn’t it. Supporting our two-party constitional democracy is.
--------------------------
The Office of Senator Harry Reid

Mr. Estes replied to the berating he received from Reid’s Chief of Staff with the following email. However, note that the Read Receipt Mr. Estes received indicates that McCue deleted the email without even opening it up to read:

----- Original Message -----
To: Cory
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2005 1:54 PM
Subject: Not read: Re: Bolton Nomination

Your message

To: McCue, Susan (Reid) - Susan_McCue@reid.senate.gov
Subject: Re: Bolton Nomination
Sent: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 10:13:00 -0500

was deleted without being read on Thu, 17 Mar 2005 13:54:23 -0500

Ms. McCue,

Young lady, where was I name-calling? And, what makes you think that I am involved in “extreme partisan puppetry”? You do not know me personally and have no right to make such accusations. Are you an extremist yourself? After all, it is normal for those with extreme beliefs to accuse others of being extreme.

I absolutely support our constitutional democracy (as you put it), and support the need for two or more parties to represent the differing political points of view in our country. I am a student of US history, constitutional law, and US politics. I read and study both sides of issues and base my decisions on personal values and historical perspective, not on what some media personality or blogger says. I am nobody’s puppet and never will be!

And finally, you said, “But maybe you should stop and think about what you as an individual can proactively do to protect this great nation.” Again, you should be more careful about what you say. I proudly and honorably served in the US Air Force for more than 20 years. I think I can very safely say that I have not just stopped and thought, I have proactively given a large part of my life to the protection of this great nation,

Sincerely and proudly,

Cory S. Estes, USAF (Retired)

Link: http://www.moveamericaforward.com/index.php/DailyFile/

Subject: Re: Democrat Leader Harry Reid's Office Tells Off Private Citizen

Written By: EthanM on 04/17/05 at 11:11 am

the person in harry reid's office probably should have been a little more diplomatic, but from what i've heard John Bolton is often less diplomatic than that and he's the one appointed as a diplomat.

Being against someone who openly dislikes the UN for ambassador isn't partisan politics it's common sense.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/17/05 at 1:58 pm

I don't know why Ms. McCue even bothered.  You could tell off 100 different rightwing American idiots every day for the rest of your life and still not make a scratch in the surface!
Anybody who thinks the nomination of Bolton is anything more noble than a finger-giving to the world is certifiable!

Written By: EthanM on 04/17/05 at 4:01 pm

And if Mr.  Estes' reply email wasn't read it probably doesn't indicate rudeness on the part of Susan McCue but probably profanity in the subject line or something else that would have made not reading it justifiable.

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/17/05 at 4:06 pm

Bolton is the best possible person for the job of U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Senator Reid needs to get off of his extreme partisan horse, quit playing political games, and get back to representing his state in the Senate.

Cory S. Estes
Bucyrus, Ohio

And this is an thoughtful, intelligent message that a member of Congress can respond to?  I have corresponded with all three (yes, Vermont is a small state) expressing my opinions on political issues.  I may be verbose, but I always make a logical case fir my views.  This E-mail is simply a rant, without either reason or thought.  Sounds like some pre-packaged pressure device.  If I were in congree I would also challange it.

As I was writing this, there was another post:  ? ? ?

Couldn't find it

Written By: EthanM on 04/17/05 at 4:13 pm

probably mine right above. Otherwise i have no idea.

Written By: danootaandme on 04/17/05 at 4:49 pm

Please GW, give us something worth discussing.  You can do better than this, although I do believe this
Cory Estes can't.

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/18/05 at 3:26 pm

The point ???

What point?  Let me take a stab.

Democratic congressman snubs stupid meaningless e-mail.  Good lord, impeach him.  Better yet, hang him,  the liberal so and so.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/18/05 at 11:14 pm

What point?  Let me take a stab.

Democratic congressman snubs stupid meaningless e-mail.  Good lord, impeach him.  Better yet, hang him,  the liberal so and so.

If "private citizens" like this one fail to appear at opportune moments, the Fascists (Republicans) know how to do the political match-making.  Remember Farmer What's-his-name who heckled Howard Dean last summer?

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/19/05 at 3:07 pm

If "private citizens" like this one fail to appear at opportune moments, the Fascists (Republicans) know how to do the political match-making.  Remember Farmer What's-his-name who heckled Howard Dean last summer?

Not off hand, please remind me.  It couldn't have been Fred Tuttle (The Man With a Plan).

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/19/05 at 3:42 pm

wow, an email... boy that can't be faked by a three year old with a text editor.  I could make a fake email exchange with the new Pope, and if it disagreed with someone's opinion, I bet they'd think it's real too!

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/20/05 at 3:18 pm

I can only comment on my senators and congressman, but I must say, they are always responsive and polite, evan when we disagree.  Maybe because I express rational and straightforward opinions.  Why should they respond to unintelligible tirades?

Check for new replies or respond here...