» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Poor Tom DeLay

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/24/05 at 3:10 pm

I'm surprised this hasn't come up.

Poor Tom DeLay has been attacked by liberals and the left for eithics violations, is being investigated for accepting illegal contributions, and for influence peddling.  Lets all rally around poor Tom (so that he can swing in his own noose for as long as possible).  I hope he lasts until the (scheduled) congressional elections next year.  So send Tom your crying towels.

Subject: Re: Poor Tom DeLay

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/24/05 at 3:16 pm

Be careful what you wish for, DC, they may make DeLay the next GOP Presidential candidate, which means he will be the next President because elections are now stolen by Republicans instead of won by the candidate with the most votes!
:o

Written By: GWBush2004 on 04/24/05 at 3:48 pm

instead of won by the candidate with the most votes!

Election 2004

Presidential Candidate: George W. Bush of Texas
Running mate: Richard Bruce Cheney of Wyoming
Party: Republican
Total electoral votes: 286
Popular vote: 62,028,194 (50.74%)

Presidential Canadidate: John F. Kerry of Massachusetts
Running mate: John Edwards of North Carolina
Party: Democrat
Total electoral votes: 251
Popular vote: 59,027,612 (48.28%)

Presidential Canadidate: Ralph Nader of Connecticut
Running mate: Peter Miguel Camejo of California
Party: Independent/Reform
Total electoral votes: 0
Popular vote: 460,650 (0.38%)

Presidential Canadidate: Michael Badnarik of Texas
Running mate: Richard Campagna of Iowa
Party: Libertarian
Popular vote: 396,888 (0.32%)

Presidential Canadidate: Michael Peroutka of Maryland
Running mate: Chuck Baldwin of Florida
Party: Constitution
Popular vote: 142,841 (0.12%)

Presidential Canadidate: David Cobb of California
Running mate: Patricia LaMarche of Maine
Party: Green
Popular vote: 119,465 (0.10%)

All other canadidates
Popular vote: 82,170 (0.07%)

Total ballots cast: 122,257,820
Total electoral votes: 538 (note: one electoral vote was given to John Edwards)

Electoral map:

http://img.tfd.com/wiki/e/ec/2004_US_elections_map_electoral_votes.png
States that are red went for George W. Bush
States that are blue went for John F. Kerry
States are numbered with their respective amount of electoral votes

Link: http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/U.S.%20presidential%20election,%202004

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/24/05 at 3:56 pm

Election 2004

Presidential Candidate: George W. Bush of Texas
Running mate: Richard Bruce Cheney of Wyoming
Party: Republican
Total electoral votes: 286
Popular vote: 62,028,194 (50.74%)

Presidential Canadidate: John F. Kerry of Massachusetts
Running mate: John Edwards of North Carolina
Party: Democrat
Total electoral votes: 251
Popular vote: 59,027,612 (48.28%)

Presidential Canadidate: Ralph Nader of Connecticut
Running mate: Peter Miguel Camejo of California
Party: Independent/Reform
Popular vote: 460,650 (0.38%)

Presidential Canadidate: Michael Badnarik of Texas
Running mate: Richard Campagna of Iowa
Party: Libertarian
Popular vote: 396,888 (0.32%)

Presidential Canadidate: Michael Peroutka of Maryland
Running mate: Chuck Baldwin of Florida
Party: Constitution
Popular vote: 142,841 (0.12%)

Presidential Canadidate: David Cobb of California
Running mate: Patricia LaMarche of Maine
Party: Green
Popular vote: 119,465 (0.10%)

All other canadidates
Popular vote: 82,170 (0.07%)

Total ballots cast: 122,257,820
Total electoral votes: 538 (note: one electoral vote was given to John Edwards)

Electoral map:

http://img.tfd.com/wiki/e/ec/2004_US_elections_map_electoral_votes.png
States that are red went for George W. Bush
States that are blue went for John F. Kerry
States are numbered with their respective amount of electoral votes

Link: http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/U.S.%20presidential%20election,%202004

Am I supposed to be impressed or something? 

Written By: GWBush2004 on 04/24/05 at 4:09 pm

Am I supposed to be impressed or something? 

No.

You wrote "elections are now stolen by Republicans instead of won by the candidate with the most votes!"

But if you review the information I provided, you see Bush got over 62 million votes, while Kerry got over just 59 million.  So Bush got the most votes, so how are we refusing to allow the person who got the most votes not to become President?  Hmm.

Unless of course, those evil election returns are a government ploy changed from the Crawford Texas ranch's basement by remote control by Karl Rove.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/24/05 at 4:23 pm

No.

You wrote "elections are now stolen by Republicans instead of won by the candidate with the most votes!"

But if you review the information I provided, you see Bush got over 62 million votes, while Kerry got over just 59 million.  So Bush got the most votes, so how are we refusing to allow the person who got the most votes not to become President?  Hmm.

Unless of course, those evil election returns are a government ploy changed from the Crawford Texas ranch's basement by remote control by Karl Rove.

Yawn.  Like I say, the evidence is in the administrative malfeasance in the registration, disenfranchisement, and polling processes conducted by Republican secretaries of state and other Fascist shills prior to election day.  The evidence is out there if you care to seek it out and study it.  I'd hook you up, but you have access to Google and books.  As I said before, I'm not your Man Friday.
::)

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/25/05 at 4:17 pm

Be careful what you wish for, DC, they may make DeLay the next GOP Presidential candidate, which means he will be the next President because elections are now stolen by Republicans instead of won by the candidate with the most votes!

Yes, well, there is always the possibility that elections are becoming increasingly meaningless and the will of the people increasingly subverteted by what we Latinos call "politicaria"  political shananigans (are we becoming a third world polity?  I guess). 

But shoiuldn't we have pitty on poor Tom?  Isn't he being persecuted by the "liberal" news media and hounded by a partisan Texas per...I mean prosecuter?  Weren't all those free trips just legit "fact finding" excursions (evan the golfing trips) in pusuit of info to inform legislation?

Come on folks, we all need to rally around poor Tom DeLay, show him our support, send him our check books.  Stop this evil, Godless and God hating attack on a really honerable and deeply religious man.

Written By: danootaandme on 04/25/05 at 4:56 pm

Yawn.  Like I say, the evidence is in the administrative malfeasance in the registration, disenfranchisement, and polling processes conducted by Republican secretaries of state and other Fascist shills prior to election day.  The evidence is out there if you care to seek it out and study it.  I'd hook you up, but you have access to Google and books.  As I said before, I'm not your Man Friday.
::)

Forget the facts Max, they don't mean much.  It will be a bitter day, but the day will come when "I told you so"  will be many and loud

Written By: MooRocca on 04/25/05 at 10:31 pm

Show Tom DeLay my support?  I'm a lot stronger than I look... I reckon I can support him with one finger.  That's not so much to ask of me.  You've convinced me, Carlos!  I'll be more than happy to show it to him!  ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/26/05 at 9:12 am

Show Tom DeLay my support?  I'm a lot stronger than I look... I reckon I can support him with one finger.  That's not so much to ask of me.  You've convinced me, Carlos!  I'll be more than happy to show it to him!  ;)

The "one finger" salute?  ;)

Cat

Written By: MooRocca on 04/26/05 at 2:05 pm

Cat

Yep!  ;D

But seriously, you know I really don't mind lifting a finger to help the guy out, just so long as I get to pick the finger and once he's out he stays out.  :D 

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/27/05 at 2:14 pm

Cat

That's the one I'd give him  ;)

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/29/05 at 4:30 pm

Well, as I understant it, the House Ethircs comittee has omce again changed its rules so that now Tommy the Trmp will now be reviewed.  I really hope this corrupt little twit gets to twist in the wind of his own corruotion, and roast in the heat of his own hubtis.  I just hope the Dems take a long time before they bring the hammer down on "the Hammer".

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/30/05 at 12:02 pm

Forget the facts Max, they don't mean much.  It will be a bitter day, but the day will come when "I told you so"  will be many and loud

Jeez, let's hope so.  If Tom DeLay gets off scot free, the Republicans will be able to get away with bribes right on the House floor.  Oh, wait, they already have.  Hmmm....

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/30/05 at 1:57 pm

Come on guys, Tom DeLay is my favorite mafios, I mean politician.  Give him a break.  He has parlayed his ignorance and hubris into big business.  Shouldn't that count for something?

Check for new replies or respond here...