» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Anyone else find it funny Bush holding hands w/

Written By: saver on 04/27/05 at 2:06 am

It's been on the news and to see it, I'm asking Why isn't anyone giving a rip about the latest scene of Pres. Bush walking hand in hand with the Saudis...I see they represent funding the schools in their country that trained terrorists - as we know- to help them train to blow up the Israeli's...among things -others stuff includes the most evil of terrorists who have come from their country..remember how the Saudis also held telethons to support the terrorists? >:( >:( :(

Oh, that's right...THEY ARE OUR ETERNAL FRIENDS...NEVERMIND...

Emily Latella 

Subject: Re: Anyone else find it funny Bush holding hands w/

Written By: Taoist on 04/27/05 at 3:45 am

2 Peas in a pod!

Of course Bush gets on with the Saudi dictators, they are rich and. like him, have no respect for the sanctity of life.
They probably disagree on the Israel problem though, the Saudis are at least on the side of the UN and the civilised world by opposing that terrorist rogue state.

Written By: Alchoholica on 04/27/05 at 4:13 am

They probably disagree on the Israel problem though, the Saudis are at least on the side of the UN and the civilised world by opposing that terrorist rogue state.

HA!

I imagine if your country was under constant attack and had the threat of War looming over it you would change your tune pretty quickly.

Written By: danootaandme on 04/27/05 at 5:02 am

They weren't holding hands, they were oilng each others palms.  19 of the 22 9/11 terrorists were Saudis, osama is a Saudi, women in that country cannot drive, vote, go out in public without a male, a mother needs her 11 year old son with her to take a stroll!.  They are charging us record levels for oil even though we are their best customer (generating nice dividends for oil men there and here).  Anyone with eyes open knew this was gonna happen, to paraphrase and mutilate a couple of old sayings A bush in the hand keeps osama okay.

Written By: Taoist on 04/27/05 at 6:51 am

I imagine if your country was under constant attack and had the threat of War looming over it you would change your tune pretty quickly.

Well, If I invaded someone else's country because my fundamentalist religion stated that god gave me the land...
and I oppressed the natives and imposed a system of apartheid on them...
and I totally ignored the UN and the geneva convention and committed repeated crimes against humanity
and installed a wanted war criminal as my leader
and had WMDs and had shown a complete disregard for human life...
and routinely slaughtered civilians
etc.

Israel is does not have the THREAT of war hanging over it, it is currently fighting a war which it started.  It is illegally occupying palestine and oppressing its people.

To answer your point, NO - NOTHING can justify the terrorism perpetrated by Israel upon the Palestinian people.  Sure, some Palestinians fight back in pointless ways but what else can they do, thanks to the US, Israel gets away with murder (literally)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/27/05 at 11:03 am

They weren't holding hands, they were oilng each others palms.  19 of the 22 9/11 terrorists were Saudis, osama is a Saudi, women in that country cannot drive, vote, go out in public without a male, a mother needs her 11 year old son with her to take a stroll!.  They are charging us record levels for oil even though we are their best customer (generating nice dividends for oil men there and here).  Anyone with eyes open knew this was gonna happen, to paraphrase and mutilate a couple of old sayings A bush in the hand keeps osama okay.

http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/happy/1074.gif

Cat

Written By: Alchoholica on 04/27/05 at 11:12 am

Well, If I invaded someone else's country because my fundamentalist religion stated that god gave me the land...
and I oppressed the natives and imposed a system of apartheid on them...
and I totally ignored the UN and the geneva convention and committed repeated crimes against humanity
and installed a wanted war criminal as my leader
and had WMDs and had shown a complete disregard for human life...
and routinely slaughtered civilians
etc.

Israel is does not have the THREAT of war hanging over it, it is currently fighting a war which it started.  It is illegally occupying palestine and oppressing its people.

To answer your point, NO - NOTHING can justify the terrorism perpetrated by Israel upon the Palestinian people.  Sure, some Palestinians fight back in pointless ways but what else can they do, thanks to the US, Israel gets away with murder (literally)

I can agree with some of your points, however to begin with it wasn't the Israeli's (who at the time didn't exist) that chose that land.

Again.. yes the Palestinians are in some areas Oppresed, it's true and i can't deny it, however steps are being taken to make sure this stops.

Ignoring the UN seems to be the 'en vouge' thing to do..  ::)

Oh yeah, because the Palestinians didn't have a Terrorist as their Leader  ::)

Consider the fact that other countrys in the area had WMD's.. Pointed at Israel..

Routinley slaughterd.. yes.. civilians.. no.. They stop being civilians when they attack Israeli citizens.

I can agree that sticking Israel where it is was a stupid bloody move.. however it's there.

What would be easier, coming up with a peacefull solution.. or moving it?

I'm not going to openly deny that Israel has commited awful crimes, however i will say this. Sometimes a strong offense is the best defence.

Written By: danootaandme on 04/27/05 at 11:46 am

And now bushie is putting forth his new energy policy, build more refineries and nuke plants.  OK, let's do it.The first ones will be in Midland Texas, the second Walkers Point(y'know the private family owned island)
the next will be where ever he decides to locate because we know he won't have them in his back yard, which will probably be in a nice section of Riyadh(excuse me Mrs. bin Laden, but do you have a spare cup of sugar?) Can you imagine what will be in that Welcome Wagon?  Hey that is a good topic for bakers dozen, I'll see if I can get it in.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 04/27/05 at 12:59 pm

How sick is that?

Tanya

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/27/05 at 1:50 pm

I can agree with some of your points, however to begin with it wasn't the Israeli's (who at the time didn't exist) that chose that land.

Again.. yes the Palestinians are in some areas Oppresed, it's true and i can't deny it, however steps are being taken to make sure this stops.

Ignoring the UN seems to be the 'en vouge' thing to do..  ::)

Oh yeah, because the Palestinians didn't have a Terrorist as their Leader  ::)

Consider the fact that other countrys in the area had WMD's.. Pointed at Israel..

"A people without a country, a land without people" was the Zionist mantra when thousands of European Jews moved to Palistine (which was a British mandate) after WWII, and at first, most Palistinians welcomed them, until they started taking over and were "created"s a state by the UN.

Wasn't one of the rationales for invading Iraq that Saddam was violating UN resolutions?  What makes Israel any different.  They at the very least need to go back to the pre 1964 boundries.

Who has WMD's pointed at Israel, and what kind?

Written By: Alchoholica on 04/27/05 at 1:59 pm

Who has WMD's pointed at Israel, and what kind?

Until recently Libya had an active WMD Program. By WMD I don't mean Nuclear Weapons, i would call WMD's any sort of Missile or Agent that would kill more than conventional weapons. I.E Ballistic Missiles.

Iran still has an active WMD Program, again, i don't believe for one minute that they have Nuclear Weapons, but your telling me they don't have Missiles Pointed at Israel?

Syria also has an active WMD and is known to be in Possesion of substantial amounts of Chemical agents.

Egypt & Saudi Arabia are probably the two countrys that could well have Nuclear Weapons in the not to distant future. They both have active Ballistic Missile Programs and pose a direct threat to Israel.

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/27/05 at 2:51 pm

Israel shouldn't even exist. What gives them the right to displace another people and abuse them in the name of rectifying their own suffering? Thats BS and I'd be embaressed if I was Jewish because of what they have done over there. 6 million Jews died in the Holocaust, but think about all of the Chechnyans killed by Stalin, they STILL don't get their own state. Native Americans didn't lobby to take someone else's country away because of what happened to us. To any Zionist who uses the Holocaust as an excuse for their agenda(which is just a mask for imperialism), I as someone of Native descent say this to them: Cry me a river. Seriously.

Written By: Alchoholica on 04/27/05 at 2:58 pm

Israel shouldn't even exist. What gives them the right to displace another people and abuse them in the name of rectifying their own suffering? Thats BS and I'd be embaressed if I was Jewish because of what they have done over there. 6 million Jews died in the Holocaust, but think about all of the Chechnyans killed by Stalin, they STILL don't get their own state. Native Americans didn't lobby to take someone else's country away because of what happened to us. To any Zionist who uses the Holocaust as an excuse for their agenda(which is just a mask for imperialism), I as someone of Native descent say this to them: Cry me a river. Seriously.

Once again, i can't defend the decision to stick israel where it was put, however you will find it wasn't the European jews that said, right let's go take this land.. it was a British Idea.

Written By: ElDuderino on 04/27/05 at 3:07 pm

Once again, i can't defend the decision to stick israel where it was put, however you will find it wasn't the European jews that said, right let's go take this land.. it was a British Idea.

The Balfour Declaration. Perhaps one of the biggest blunders the British empire ever made.

Written By: Alchoholica on 04/27/05 at 3:09 pm

The Balfour Declaration. Perhaps one of the biggest blunders the British empire ever made.

THANK YOU! I tried to find out what it was actually called.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/28/05 at 11:16 am

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/uc/20050427/ltt050428.gif

Cat

Written By: MooRocca on 04/28/05 at 11:34 am

I think they're just playing coy for the cameras and that they've moved well beyond the hand holding stage.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/28/05 at 11:38 am

I think they're just playing coy for the cameras and that they've moved well beyond the hand holding stage.

LMAO!!!

Cat

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/28/05 at 3:15 pm

Are you implying an illicit sexual relationship, like they are in bed together?  Could be, and to put it crudelly who's a$$ is up in the air?  Me thinks it be Lil' Georgie's.

Check for new replies or respond here...