» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Three times as many terrorist attacks this year, no wonder they won't publish

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/28/05 at 12:07 pm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content//article/2005/04/26/AR2005042601623.html

Overall, the number of what the U.S. government considers "significant" attacks grew to about 655 last year, up from the record of around 175 in 2003, according to congressional aides who were briefed on statistics covering incidents .

This is the report that's been published for twenty years, that the Bush administration doesn't want published anymore. 

Anyone remember those campaign speeches were he claimed we were winning the war on terror? Triple the number of attacks is quite an accomplishment, he should have pushed for that report to be released in October. I feel safer already.

Subject: Re: Three times as many terrorist attacks this year, no wonder they won't publis

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/28/05 at 2:58 pm

The problem, as I have said before, is that terrorism is a tactic.  Take out a terrosust and five more replace him/her.  You can't fight  a tactic.  You can only fight the CAUSES for which people feel impelled to use that tactic.  And no, I don't feel safer.

Check for new replies or respond here...