» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: New Zealand General Election 2005: Your Vote

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 04/28/05 at 11:53 pm

If you live in anywhere other than New Zealand or Australia, you more than likely don't know about this election or who the parties actually stand for. It will be interesting to see how (some of) the world would vote in a New Zealand Election... which will be held soon.

PS: There is no real difference between the Progressives and the Greens

Subject: Re: New Zealand General Election 2005: Your Vote

Written By: GWBush2004 on 04/29/05 at 1:44 am

Looking at that list, I'd probably vote NZ First.

I wish we had an America First political party.  We have the "we love CAFTA" republicans and the "we love the UN" democrats.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 04/29/05 at 2:22 am

Looking at that list, I'd probably vote NZ First.

I wish we had an America First political party.  We have the "we love CAFTA" republicans and the "we love the UN" democrats.
I'm sure (by looking at your signature) that their immigration policy would please you aswell  ;D

Written By: Paul on 04/29/05 at 7:11 am

Could I ask when your election is?

And are you having wall-to-wall blanket crap sorry, electioneering thrown at you?

We in Britain are at the mo'...oh well, only less than a week to go...!!

Written By: GWBush2004 on 04/29/05 at 7:46 am

I'm sure (by looking at your signature) that their immigration policy would please you aswell  ;D

How bad can illegal immigration in New Zealand be?  It shares no borders with any other nation.  While we in America have the displeasure of being next to Mexico.

I'm sick of both parties on that issue, thats why I pray that Tom Tancredo runs for president.

Now, thankfully, it is getting better.  The Minute Men Project has really brought this issue to light, and their thousands of members of private citizens are going to expand and cover the entire US-Mexico and US-Canada border until, as they say "the government relieves us with the military or the national guard."  We have over 500 new US border patrol agents going to the Arizona-Mexico border, and a bill passed the US Senate last week by a huge bipartisan margin that will add nearly 700 new (in addition to the 500 or so going to Arizona) US border patrol agents to the US-Mexico border.  Also Arizona's prop. 200 was upheld by the courts, the bill bans all social services and government benefits for people who cannot prove they are legally in this country.  So it is getting much better.

Illegal immigration means nothing more than lower wages (even labor leader Cesar Chavez new that), increased crime, increased cost to states, more drugs, more gangs, more illegal firearms, and less jobs for legal American workers.

Just look at these scientific opinion polls:

1. 55 percent of Americans think illegal immigration into the U.S. is a very serious problem, and 56 percent agree strongly that Congress should authorize detention, forfeiture of property, and deportation for anyone here illegally. (Roper ASW for NPG, March 2003) 
2. Nearly 63 percent would support a policy that stopped all immigration from countries suspected of harboring terrorists. (Hamilton College, Feb. 2003) 
3. 58 percent think that the U.S. should admit fewer immigrants each year. (Zogby Intl., May 2002)
4. 74 percent think "the government shouldn't make it easier for illegal aliens to become citizens."  (USA Today/CNN, Jan. 2004)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 04/29/05 at 7:13 pm

Could I ask when your election is?

And are you having wall-to-wall blanket crap sorry, electioneering thrown at you?

We in Britain are at the mo'...oh well, only less than a week to go...!!

It is either June or September (they never set a concrete date until 2 weeks before - I think the cut off for any election is November) The electioneering hasn't really started, but it does get worse. I'm not one to take much notice of it all. Although the electioneering is not quite as bad as what we have seen last year in the US election  :P

Written By: Robbo on 04/29/05 at 9:08 pm

What party is the NZ prime minister in? Because I wold vote for any party except for her's. Expecially nto her's. She didn't even know who John Farnham was.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 04/30/05 at 2:19 am

What party is the NZ prime minister in?

Labor.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 04/30/05 at 3:45 am

What party is the NZ prime minister in?

Labor.
What he said

Written By: GWBush2004 on 05/01/05 at 5:04 am

According to this poll; it's labor, then Destiny, and third is national.

Is that how it goes in New Zealand?

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 05/01/05 at 5:10 am

According to this poll; it's labor, then Destiny, and third is national.

Is that how it goes in New Zealand?
Nope. It's: Labour (major party #1), National (major party #2), Greens (minor party), NZ First (minor party), Progressives (minor party), ACT (minor party)... (or something like that... roughly in this order) Destiny hardly even gets 1% in the actual polls.

Check for new replies or respond here...