» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: I had to pass this one on...

Written By: philbo on 05/01/05 at 5:44 am

INSTALLING A POPE – ON YOUR COMPUTER

This has been circulating on the Internet this week: “Installation” of New Pope

Hmmm....when I try to run the upgrade wizard for VaticanSoft PopeBenedict v16.0, I get the following messages: “Info: windows is about to install the following ScreenSaviour Themes: last_supper, crucifixion and ascension. The screensavers play audio file angelic_choir.mp3. Please associate this file with your default media player.”

“Info: windows is about to install the icons for JesusChrist.exe, VirginMary.exe and PopeBenedict.exe on your dsktop. Continue? Y/N”

So far so good. But then I get... “Warning: Windows cannot find a copy of the file rationality.exe. PopeBenedict v16.0 may not run correctly without it.”

“Warning: McAfee AntiVirus has detected a file dogma.exe on the installation disk. This is a known virus. McAfee will attempt to quarantine this file. You should run AntiVirus after the installation of PopeBenedict v16.0 is completed, to check for other malicious programmes”.

“Warning: There is a sharing violation on the file absolute_truth.dll; this file is already in use by judaism.exe and islam.exe.”

“Warning: The files allow_abortion.dll, promote_contraception.dll and accept_sexual_diversity.dll appear to be missing. If you continue with the installation, these options will be disabled.”

“Warning: the file core_teachings.dll has not been updated since 41AD. The installation wizard has searched the web for updates, but cannot find any. It is recommended that you update this file as soon as possible.”

“Warning: the file revealed_truth.exe is in conflict with the file scientific_method.exe. PopeBenedict v16.0 will only run with revealed_truth.exe. You must disable scientific_method.exe before running PopeBenedict v16.0”

“Warning: the files compassion.exe, tolerance.exe and benevolence.exe may have been corrupted. You should run ScanDisk after the installation is complete, and repair these files.”

This doesn’t look good. After all the problems we had with PopeJohnPaul v2.0, I was hoping that VaticanSoft’s latest offering would be a little less flaky...

Subject: Re: I had to pass this one on...

Written By: Taoist on 05/01/05 at 7:08 am

“Warning: There is a sharing violation on the file absolute_truth.dll; this file is already in use by judaism.exe and islam.exe.”
Inspired!

Written By: Apricot on 05/01/05 at 7:12 pm

Oh Dear Lord, That was AWESOME!

Written By: Mistress Leola on 05/05/05 at 12:48 pm

Heh.

Written By: ladybug316 on 05/05/05 at 2:30 pm

Holy smokes, that's funny.  :P

Written By: Sugafairey on 05/07/05 at 7:04 am

I like it. You're hired!

Check for new replies or respond here...