» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Vermont Senator Jim Jeffords not seeking re-election

Written By: Don Carlos on 05/01/05 at 4:54 pm

Last week Vermont's junior Senator bowed out of the 2006 Senate race for health reasons.  Our lone independant Congressman, Bernie Sanders, has already just about declared that he will run for the empty seat (GO BERNIE).  Jim Douglas, our Repub governor, evan under pressure from the White House, has declined to run.  Other possible contenders are Jack McMullen (I call him McMuffin), who lost a Repub primary to dairy farmer, 78 (?) year old Fred Tuttle (rest in peace Fred), a political neophite businessman who's name I forget, and a former military pilot that Bernie trounced last year - Parks I think his name is.  Looks like Bernie is going to the Senate.  Comments?

Subject: Re: Vermont Senator Jim Jeffords not seeking re-election

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/01/05 at 11:18 pm

Last week Vermont's junior Senator bowed out of the 2006 Senate race for health reasons.  Our lone independant Congressman, Bernie Sanders, has already just about declared that he will run for the empty seat (GO BERNIE).  Jim Douglas, our Repub governor, evan under pressure from the White House, has declined to run.  Other possible contenders are Jack McMullen (I call him McMuffin), who lost a Repub primary to dairy farmer, 78 (?) year old Fred Tuttle (rest in peace Fred), a political neophite businessman who's name I forget, and a former military pilot that Bernie trounced last year - Parks I think his name is.  Looks like Bernie is going to the Senate.  Comments?

Please, please, please NO MORE REPUBLICANS IN CONGRESS!!!!
http://www.political-tease.com/images/no_gop_s.gif

Written By: GWBush2004 on 05/02/05 at 5:24 am

Oh darn, the backstabber is retiring.  I guess he is the republicans' Zell Miller.

Didn't I read that the Lt. Governor of Vermont was seeking Sander's current seat?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/02/05 at 10:01 am

Oh darn, the backstabber is retiring.  I guess he is the republicans' Zell Miller.

Didn't I read that the Lt. Governor of Vermont was seeking Sander's current seat?

There is some speculation that he may be running for the Senate. However, I much say, for a Republican, I am very impressed with Brian Dubie. I really admire what he is doing with Cuba (trying to open trade).

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/02/05 at 11:03 am

Both men believed their parties had left them rather than vice versa, though there's a difference.  Jeffords actually did leave the Republicans and became an independent.  Miller stayed with the Democrats to be a turd in the punch bowl.  Jeffords didn't give a blood-curdling tirade of histrionic senility at the Democratic convention.  Miller screamed his cracker-azz off at the GOP convention in a manner that would embarrass Donald Duck, and then expressed a wish to kill Chris Matthews in a duel.  I kinda wish Matthews and Miller actually did duel because the country would be better off if either man (preferably both) got it in the neck!
:P

Written By: Don Carlos on 05/02/05 at 2:17 pm

Backstabber?  It was the Republican party that backstabbed Jeffords by abandoned its roots, its principles, and its integrity, and so abandoned Jim Jeffords, who is a man of all of those.  Zell Miller, on the other hand, is an old line racist with facist tendancies who is only a Democrate because of the one "solid south".  As far as I'm concerned he, and those like him, are an emarrasment.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 05/02/05 at 8:08 pm

Zell Miller, on the other hand, is an old line racist with facist tendancies who is only a Democrate because of the one "solid south". 

Wasn't it Governor Zell Miller that tried to remove the 1956 Georgia state flag during his first term?  You know, the Georgia flag that looked like this:

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:K9C06FCYbGkJ:www.camdencounty.org/history/ga-flag-1956-2001.jpg

Only after the Georgia house and senate, and about four-fifths of Georgia's residents drew the line in the sand and told Zell to back off that he did.  Some real fan of the old "solid south."

Written By: Don Carlos on 05/03/05 at 2:30 pm

Some real fan of the old "solid south."

The old solid south was democratic and racist.  Zell miller fits that mold very well.

Written By: Don Carlos on 05/04/05 at 12:57 pm

Birian Dubie (dubie do) who has negotiated a rrade deal with Cuba, has been mentioned as a candidate for Sanders' seat in the house, but is playing his cards close to the vest.  Several prominant Democrats and Independants have also hinted at a run.  Our governor, Jim Douglas (Rep), evan under pressure from the White House, has declined.  Looks like the seat is Bernie's.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 05/05/05 at 5:59 am

Looks like the seat is Bernie's.

Which seat?  His current house seat, or the senate seat he may be seeking?  If he dumps his house seat, a well-known moderate republican could probably snatch it up.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/05/05 at 6:26 am

Which seat?  His current house seat, or the senate seat he may be seeking?  If he dumps his house seat, a well-known moderate republican could probably snatch it up.

Hmmm..."moderate" Republicans are next on the congressional GOP persono non grata list after Democrats!

Written By: GWBush2004 on 05/05/05 at 6:33 am

Hmmm..."moderate" Republicans are next on the congressional GOP persono non grata list after Democrats!

Let's see....the republicans who refused to vote for the FY 2006 budget cuts in medicare, medicaid, education, and social services.....:

Mr. Specter
Mr. McCain
Ms. Snowe
Mr. Chaffee
Mr. Lugar
Mr. Hagel

The phony republicans teamed up the democrats.  Despite holding 55 out of the 100 US Senate seats, all the big budget cuts in social services failed by a vote of 49-51.  So take all the democrats, add the one liberal independent (Jeffords), and take the six phony republicans in the US Senate....and you get bigger deficit spending.

Written By: Don Carlos on 05/06/05 at 3:45 pm

Let's see....the republicans who refused to vote for the FY 2006 budget cuts in medicare, medicaid, education, and social services.....:

Mr. Specter
Mr. McCain
Ms. Snowe
Mr. Chaffee
Mr. Lugar
Mr. Hagel

The phony republicans teamed up the democrats.  Despite holding 55 out of the 100 US Senate seats, all the big budget cuts in social services failed by a vote of 49-51.  So take all the democrats, add the one liberal independent (Jeffords), and take the six phony republicans in the US Senate....and you get bigger deficit spending.

\No, take your presidential namesakes's massive tax cuts for the rich, and the neocon strategy of starving the federal government and you get massive, historical, and unsupportable deficits.  I don't know about you, but I haven't seen much in the way of tax cuts, but you can bet that Bill Gates has - and he didn't want them.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/06/05 at 5:56 pm

Mr. Specter
Mr. McCain
Ms. Snowe
Mr. Chaffee
Mr. Lugar
Mr. Hagel

God bless "phony" Republicans!  They may be useless, but at least they do no harm when they are "phony."  Sort of like a phony hand grenade versus a REAL hand grenade!
;D

Written By: GWBush2004 on 05/08/05 at 10:38 am

I don't know about you, but I haven't seen much in the way of tax cuts, but you can bet that Bill Gates has - and he didn't want them.

Maybe Mr. Gates doesn't want them, but other people do.  He can always by bonds, along with everyone else who says they don't like their tax cut.

Written By: Don Carlos on 05/08/05 at 2:15 pm

The Senate seat of course, the one he will run for.  And which "well known moderate Republican" are you refering to?  The only one I can think of is our Lt. Gov., Brian Dubie, although Martha Grainville, our National Guard Adjutant General, might make a run.

Check for new replies or respond here...