» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Jerry Springer on Air America Radio

Written By: AL-B on 05/02/05 at 11:55 am

I don't know what Air America Radio was thinking when they hired Jerry Springer to do a daily national call-in talk show. Perhaps their ratings are sagging and they think they need someone controversial to gain them more national media noteriety. I think they're making a fatal error. If there's one thing Air America needs to survive and eventually grow, it's respectability and credibility. And by hiring Jerry Springer it sounds to me like they're giving up and taking the low road.
    I listened to Springer on XM Radio, and I found him to be every bit as grating and revolting as Michael Savage. He was talking about the 1-year anniversary of the Abu Ghirab prison abuse scandal and how it was a moral outrage and all that (which I don't necessarily disagree with), and I couldn't help but wonder where Jerry Springer gets off lecturing me on morality.

(Memo to Michael Moore, Jerry Springer, Al Franken, and all the other left-wing pundits: Do me a favor, don't fight B.S. with more B.S.  Fight it with the TRUTH!!!)

Subject: Re: Jerry Springer on Air America Radio

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/02/05 at 11:15 pm

I was pretty disappointed with A.A.  (and that stands for Alcoholics Anonymous too!) when they brought Springer on board.  They took off Rachel Maddow who not only was a great host, she was also from up in my neck o' the woods.  The libs are pretty green at the radio business.  I expect them to go in fits and starts.  Who knows?  Maybe the whole operation will collapse and they'll have to go back to the drawing board.
Springer's radio schtick isn't bad, and he makes at least one salient point every segment.  Unfortunately, I just can't get over the fact that it's Jerry Springer, the crown king of trash TV.
I will say in Springer's defense, he's never done anything as morally obdurate as the right-wing media's moralist hypocrisy which serves the central purpose of getting the American rubes to vote against their economic interests.  I would rather rural trailer park dwellers strip to their skivvies and knock one another about than see them vote Republican!

Check for new replies or respond here...