» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Even Tom DeLay's voters think he should leave

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/03/05 at 9:08 am

http://www.click2houston.com/politics/4441145/detail.html

Based on what you know right now, do you think Tom DeLay should remain in his position as House Majority Leader, he should resign as House Majority Leader but remain a member of Congress, or do you think he should completely resign from Congress?

39 percent: Remain House Majority Leader
    21 percent: Resign Leadership
    36 percent: Resign From Congress
    4 percent: Not Sure

So 57% of the people polled in Texas thinks he should either leave Congress or his post in Congress.

Gee, I wonder if he'll get re-elected next year.

Subject: Re: Even Tom DeLay's voters think he should leave

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/03/05 at 11:13 am

What letter grade would you give Tom DeLay for his job as congressman? An A, B, C, D, or an F?
A: 23 percent
B: 19 percent
C: 18 percent
D: 16 percent
F: 22 percent
Not Sure: 1 percent

Based on what you know right now, do you think Tom DeLay should remain in his position as House Majority Leader, he should resign as House Majority Leader but remain a member of Congress, or do you think he should completely resign from Congress?
39 percent: Remain House Majority Leader
21 percent: Resign Leadership
36 percent: Resign From Congress
4 percent: Not Sure

See, this is an example of the kind of stats FOX NOOSE (where reality gets hanged) loves to feature.  A joker like Brit Hume will say (deceitfully), "The highest polled percentage of DeLay's constituents grade his job as an A," or "By a margin of 18 points, DeLay's polled constituents say he should remain in the leadership position." 
I'm not saying FOX will choose these particular polls, but it illustrates the way they get their "facts."
::)

I say the only place you can trust Tom DeLay is in prison under 24-hour surveillance by armed guards!

Written By: MooRocca on 05/03/05 at 12:51 pm

They left off my choice -- booted out, indicted, prosecuted, jailed.  But, I'm not one of his constituents. 

Written By: Don Carlos on 05/03/05 at 1:59 pm

Poor Tom, and he was so good at killing cockroaches I guess he became one.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/03/05 at 8:14 pm

Au Revior Tom!  ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/03/05 at 10:12 pm

Au Revior Tom!  ::)

How about "sing along with Tom DeLay"?
:D

Written By: EthanM on 05/04/05 at 12:36 am

Tom Delay doesn't really seem like the singing type

Written By: Don Carlos on 05/04/05 at 12:50 pm

How about "sing along with Tom DeLay"?

How about Sing Sing along with Tom DeLay.  ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/05/05 at 12:41 am

How about Sing Sing along with Tom DeLay.  ;)

That's what I said, Tom DeLay belongs in Sing Sing!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/05/05 at 9:48 am

I vote to have Tome DeLay sent on a rocket straight to the sun.  ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/06/05 at 11:42 am

I vote to have Tome DeLay sent on a rocket straight to the sun.  ::)

"Unfortunate Sun"

Written By: GWBush2004 on 05/06/05 at 11:47 am

So 57% of the people polled in Texas thinks he should either leave Congress or his post in Congress.

Gee, I wonder if he'll get re-elected next year.

You're making a mistake.  Tom DeLay is in the US House, meaning he gets reelected in his district not the entire state of Texas.

Tom DeLay hails from the 22nd district of Texas, probably the most conservative area of Texas.  He may or may not stay house majority leader, but he has that house seat as long as he wants it.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/06/05 at 11:54 am

You're making a mistake.  Tom DeLay is in the US House, meaning he gets reelected in his district.

Tom DeLay hails from the 22nd district of Texas, probably the most conservative area of Texas.  He may or may not stay house majority leader, but he has that house seat as long as he wants it.

The voters of the 22nd district not only have to be far-right to vote for DeLay, they also have to love a crook!

Written By: Don Carlos on 05/06/05 at 3:04 pm

You're making a mistake.  Tom DeLay is in the US House, meaning he gets reelected in his district not the entire state of Texas.

Would they be (a-holes, stupid, corrupt, idiots, morons, or fundamentalists - pick one) to re-elect him if he were serving time, or evan indicted for llegal fund raising and bribe taking?

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/06/05 at 3:37 pm

Would they be (a-holes, stupid, corrupt, idiots, morons, or fundamentalists - pick one) to re-elect him if he were serving time, or evan indicted for llegal fund raising and bribe taking?

it wouldn't be the first time someone convicted of a crime while in office was re-elected.  never underestimate the stupidity of the public in electing people unfit for a job.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/06/05 at 5:59 pm

it wouldn't be the first time someone convicted of a crime while in office was re-elected.  never underestimate the stupidity of the public in electing people unfit for a job.

Ironically, Clinton would have CREAMED dubya if he'd been able to run for a third term!

Written By: GWBush2004 on 05/07/05 at 1:27 am

Ironically, Clinton would have CREAMED dubya if he'd been able to run for a third term!

How do you know?  The, at the time, recent scandal probably would have hurt him serverly.  Besides his vice president, Al Gore, ran and couldn't win.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/07/05 at 10:05 am

How do you know?  The, at the time, recent scandal probably would have hurt him serverly.  Besides his vice president, Al Gore, ran and couldn't win.

Clinton was far more popular than the right-wing and the corporate-controlled media was willing to admit, AND his vice president, Al Gore, ran, and DID win, but his victory was extra-constitutionally nullified by the GOP Fascists in Florida and the crooked partisans on the U.S. Supreme Court!!!
Mind you, we've gone around in circles about this so often, it's high time to just agree to disagree.
::)

Check for new replies or respond here...