» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: FDA to implement gay sperm donor rules

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/05/05 at 4:16 pm

Glad to see the Bush government at work on those really important issues. I wonder how they'll find out which sperm is gay?

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050505/ap_on_he_me/gay_sperm_donors_1

Subject: Re: FDA to implement gay sperm donor rules

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 05/05/05 at 4:20 pm

Too right as well.

I wonder... this is a long shot but do you think sperm from a gay man might have any bearing on the final sexuality of any child conceived using his donation??? 

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/05/05 at 4:59 pm

Too right as well.

I wonder... this is a long shot but do you think sperm from a gay man might have any bearing on the final sexuality of any child conceived using his donation??? 

Well if it does, it only happens with sperm and not ovum, which is pretty unlikely.

There's a pitcher in the major leagues right now who has two moms, and he's married with kids.  But shhh... don't tell the religious conservaitves, they can't easily descriminate against the homosexuals if facts stand in the way.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/05/05 at 7:30 pm

Too right as well.

Oh, it's a long shot now is it?
:D

If they are worried about HIV transmission then they really need to identify the alpha-males of the heterosexual population.  About 3% of the heterosexual male population are alpha-males, they have the sexual magnetism loved by ladies of easy leisure, and they have about 85% of all the heterosexual sex.  The risk of infection with HIV, syphillis, gonorrhea, and other STDs rises dramatically when a man has multiple sexual partners, be they male OR female.  I'm not sure if the clap is transmittable in utero, but syphillis certainly is, and it causes devastating birth defects.

Of course, they screen everybody anyway, and I presume the only way to donate sperm if you are HIV positive is to falsify a shipload of medical records.  The latency period in which HIV is undetectable grows ever shorter as medical research improves the situation.  However, if the FDA is nervous about STD transmission from donated sperm, they can't just look at the behavior of gay men.  They must consider probing into the lives of all donors.    What about a heterosexual man who has shared needles while using IV drugs?  That's some of the most HIV-risky behavior of all.
I think this is just another chance for this Administration to exhibit its "God-hates-f*gs" agenda and scapegoat homosexuals for society's problems.

Written By: Apricot on 05/06/05 at 5:17 am

Dear God, what the Hell?

We can't keep the black man down, so we choose to keep the gay man down. Sigh...

Written By: Powerslave on 05/06/05 at 5:41 am

If that was the case, then only gay men could father other gay men, and by now there wouldn't be any. Plus, if a gay father = gay son, how does a straight man father a gay son?

Dear lord, why don't you just round them all up, stitch pink stars on their shirts and shoot them all?

Written By: Apricot on 05/06/05 at 5:42 am

^ Betcha it happens in the next 25 years.

Written By: Powerslave on 05/06/05 at 5:52 am

Betcha it happens in the next 25 years.

Right in time for the 100th anniversary of the last time it happened.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 05/06/05 at 9:16 am

If that was the case, then only gay men could father other gay men, and by now there wouldn't be any. Plus, if a gay father = gay son, how does a straight man father a gay son?

Dear lord, why don't you just round them all up, stitch pink stars on their shirts and shoot them all?

If you want them shot why waste time sewing a star on their shirts???

Written By: GWBush2004 on 05/06/05 at 9:26 am

If you want them shot why waste time sewing a star on their shirts???

I honestly don't know, but my guess is the pink star has to do something with the big "J" that Nazi Germany stamped on Jewish peoples' papers, telling everyone who saw their papers that they were Jewish.

Written By: karen on 05/06/05 at 10:23 am

As I understand Jewish people were also required to sew yellow stars on the clothing, gays had pink stars, political prisoners red (or some other colour) etc etc

Written By: Don Carlos on 05/06/05 at 3:40 pm

I think it is absurd that donated sperm is not tested before artificial insemination.  The blood supply is tested, and that is a much more massive task.  Me thinks that this is a back-handed way of admitting that "gay-ness" is in the genes - so we need to stop those genes from spreading.  There are statistics suggesting that between 1 out of 10 or 11 people are gay.  Why is this a big deal?  Are straights so insecure in their sexuality?  And if some straiights do have homosexual urges, so what? 

In other, similar, news, the Republican Mayor of, I think Seattle, a former Boy Scout leader and paratrooper, has been accused of molesting several young boys years ago, and of propositioning someone on a gay web cite. from his office computer.  He hasn't denies the act, just that it was a mis-use of public facilities.  Oh, he is also, says the article, anti-gay rights. " Let he who is without sin cast the first stone".

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/06/05 at 5:58 pm

I think it is absurd that donated sperm is not tested before artificial insemination.  The blood supply is tested, and that is a much more massive task.  Me thinks that this is a back-handed way of admitting that "gay-ness" is in the genes - so we need to stop those genes from spreading.  There are statistics suggesting that between 1 out of 10 or 11 people are gay.  Why is this a big deal?  Are straights so insecure in their sexuality?  And if some straiights do have homosexual urges, so what? 

In other, similar, news, the Republican Mayor of, I think Seattle, a former Boy Scout leader and paratrooper, has been accused of molesting several young boys years ago, and of propositioning someone on a gay web cite. from his office computer.  He hasn't denies the act, just that it was a mis-use of public facilities.  Oh, he is also, says the article, anti-gay rights. " Let he who is without sin cast the first stone".

Exactly!  You don't have to be gay to have gay sex, but straights who have gay sex are far more likely to lie about it!

Written By: Chrisrj on 05/07/05 at 2:05 am

As I understand Jewish people were also required to sew yellow stars on the clothing, gays had pink stars, political prisoners red (or some other colour) etc etc

I believe it was pink triangles.  That's why many supportive people wear them:  to remember the pain and misery caused to them.  That's where the object of so many people's hate comes from:  a straight man named Hitler.

In other, similar news, the Republican Mayor of, I think Seattle, a former Boy Scout leader and paratrooper, has been accused of molesting several young boys years ago, and of propositioning someone on a gay web cite.

It's Spokane, not Seattle.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/07/05 at 9:58 am

I believe it was pink triangles.  That's why many supportive people wear them:  to remember the pain and misery caused to them.  That's where the object of so many people's hate comes from:  a straight man named Hitler.

The right-wing has long asserted hypotheses that Hitler was gay.  Today there a few far-right wingnuts here in the U.S. who claim the entire Third Reich was the result of a radical homosexual agenda!
:D :D :D

It's Spokane, not Seattle.

That's because there's nothing else to do in Spokane!
:D

Check for new replies or respond here...