» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Your Political Compass

Written By: karen on 05/11/05 at 6:17 am

Just saw this on another site and thought it would be interesting for people here to have a look at it.

www.politicalcompass.org

You need to answer about 6 pages of questions with agree/disagree options.  It doesn't take all that long.  Then you can post your score here.

I scored

Economic Left/Right: -3.60 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.79  which is in the same ball park as Gandhi

Subject: Re: Your Political Compass

Written By: EthanM on 05/11/05 at 10:36 am

i was in the negative fives on both last time i took it

Written By: Mistress Leola on 05/11/05 at 12:58 pm

God, I hate multiple-choice tests.  Is there an essay format?

Written By: Don Carlos on 05/11/05 at 1:06 pm

This is old.  I took it on the old board and, of course scored very left and very anti-authoritarian, as anyone who reads my posts would guess.

Written By: Taoist on 05/11/05 at 3:04 pm

I've done this before but I thought I'd study the effects of "in vino, veritas"

Left/Right: -3.75 Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.54

I appear to be slightly more right wing than last time but more libertarian.
I guess there is freedom in wine but other people should buy their own f*ckin bottle ;)

Written By: karen on 05/13/05 at 5:18 am

This is old. 

Well, pardon me for daring to put something here that has already appeared before

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 05/13/05 at 5:39 am

Well, pardon me for daring to put something here that has already appeared before
Count yorself lucky, some boards I've been to, if you post something that most people there have seen before, you would have the first 5-10 posts saying sh*t like: "thats old" etc.

Mine was very close to the bottom-left corner of the grid last time (say Left/Right -4.00 and Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.00). Don't think much has changed.  8)

Written By: Mistress Leola on 05/13/05 at 11:15 am

Karen, if ever again you get the idea to post something -- anything -- please conduct a thorough survey of the inthe00s membership first to determine whether or not it might be something one or more of us has already seen, read, written, collaborated on, investigated, heard rumors about, or intuited for ourselves.

If it ain't new, please don't waste our time.  We're extraordinarily busy people.  Bass turd.

Written By: karen on 05/13/05 at 11:20 am

Karen, if ever again you get the idea to post something -- anything -- please conduct a thorough survey of the inthe00s membership first to determine whether or not it might be something one or more of us has already seen, read, written, collaborated on, investigated, heard rumors about, or intuited for ourselves.

If it ain't new, please don't waste our time.  We're extraordinarily busy people.  Bass turd.

Leo

You are so right.  I shall try and remember to do that in the future.  Or, alternatively, just not bother posting anything, just in case

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/13/05 at 11:58 am

Leo

You are so right.  I shall try and remember to do that in the future.  Or, alternatively, just not bother posting anything, just in case

Please don't stop posting. I'm sure there are many people here who haven't seen this before. I, for one, appreciate your input.

Cat

Written By: AoE Koko on 05/13/05 at 12:18 pm

I was Economic Left -.13 Left and Social Libertarian .05

I am practically right in the middle but I still will vote Republican (because Im not voting age yet0

Written By: GWBush2004 on 05/13/05 at 12:47 pm

Economic Left/Right: 5.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.23

Written By: Don Carlos on 05/13/05 at 1:32 pm

Economic Left/Right: 5.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.23

Not unexpected.  I will refrain from any characterization, anthough several names come to mind, G..., A..., B..., no I said I would refrain.

Written By: Mistress Leola on 05/13/05 at 2:43 pm

Leo

Well, as long as you promise that you've learned your lesson, I'll try not to hold it against you.  But I will be watching...  >:(  :P

Written By: Bobby on 05/14/05 at 8:14 pm

To thoroughly scan the whole archives would take a lot of doing for the sake of posting a thread. Don't let them bother you, Karen.  ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...