» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: 2 girls brutally killed in Il. Hey where are you anti death protesters?????!!!!

Written By: saver on 05/12/05 at 2:48 pm

C'mon let's hear from Sister Prejean, James Cromwell and the band of wackos who want the father of one of the girls to get the 'welcome to your new life in prison' treatment.

He only beat them in the face and stabbbed them multiple times....we've got to find out why people do this..maybe if we keep him alive for another 20 years, we'll find out! :\'(

Lynch him! >:(

Subject: Re: 2 girls brutally killed in Il. Hey where are you anti death protesters?????!!!!

Written By: GWBush2004 on 05/12/05 at 5:23 pm

Hey where are you anti death protesters?????!!!!

You know those are only for people on death row!

Anti-death protests and candle light viduals are meant only for convicted serial murderers or at least that's the only time I see the far-left doing them in this country.

Subject: Re: 2 girls brutally killed in Il. Hey where are you anti death protesters?????!!!!

Written By: saver on 05/12/05 at 6:08 pm

Well, we'll see them getting ready...maybe for now it's putting the cart before the horse..but I ask where they are so they can nip it in the bud BEFORE anyone even THINKS of killing this dirtbag. :(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/13/05 at 2:29 am

The crime of murder and state sanctioned capital punishment are apples and oranges, you silly-billies!  The Right can't win any debates using logic, so they appeal to puerile emotions.
::)

Subject: Re: 2 girls brutally killed in Il. Hey where are you anti death protesters?????!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/13/05 at 12:06 pm

So which do you think is a more fitting punishment for such a heinous crime? 1. He will no longer be in any pain, he will no longer have any worries, and he will probably be in peace. Or 2. He will spend the rest of his days locked up, probably be someone's "b!tch", won't even be able to bend over without worrying about getting "something" up the @$$, etc. etc. To me, the more fitting punishment is number 2.

Cat

Subject: Re: 2 girls brutally killed in Il. Hey where are you anti death protesters?????!

Written By: Don Carlos on 05/13/05 at 1:09 pm

"Vengance is mine saith the Lord"

So we kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong.

"An eye for an eye, and another eye for another eye, until everybosy's blind".

Of course this was a hienous (sp) crime, committed by a deranged and enraged sociopath. 
Lynch him! >:(

Thats right.  Forget a trial (why waste the money).  Forget the rule of law (GD waste of time).  Forget the impact on the lynchers (if they have enough humanity for it to have an impact). 

GET THE ROPE!

Just like when a black man is accused of raping a white woman in Georga, or not accused of anything, like in Alabama, or like when we finds Frank Little, or Westley Everet organizing workers in Colorado.  Get the rope.  Get rid of the scum.

When will they ever learn, oh when will they ever learn?

Written By: Mistress Leola on 05/13/05 at 2:41 pm

That murder was sick, depraved, deplorable.  Outrage, I understand.  But bloodlust?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/13/05 at 4:45 pm

That murder was sick, depraved, deplorable.  Outrage, I understand.  But bloodlust?

In a country of 290 million people, at least a few of them are going to do something unspeakably horrible every single day.  Once a week or better, this unspeakable thing will involve the killing of a child or a spouse.  It's just a statistical probability.  290 million is an awfully big number!
The corporate media loves to scare up a crisis every time a cluster of three or more unspeakable things happen within the same few months of eacher.  Maybe it's teachers having sex with teens, maybe it's whacky parents offing their children, maybe it's missing college girls, whatever it is, it's better than focusing on the real problems facing our country!

Written By: GWBush2004 on 05/13/05 at 5:21 pm

But bloodlust?

There ain't going to be much blood from a lethal injection.  Besides the republican governor of Illinois temporarily stopped all executions and re-sentenced everyone on death row in Illinois to life in prison back in 2003 after it was thought that the state of Illinois executed an innocent man.  I don't know if the temporary halt on executions in Illinois will be lifted before this man is sentenced.

Written By: saver on 05/14/05 at 12:09 am

So forgo a peaceful killing a guy to make him SUFFER in prison day to day? I like #1

Apples and oranges nothing..RESPONSIBILITY is the word..the guy made bad decisions so WE in society get rid of the burden!

Killing the creep would DEFINITELY help society to never to be responsible for him again! It does make a difference.

While walking on the beach, starfish were everywhere..you might pick one up and throw it back into the ocean...one might comment WHY WOULD YOU THROW THAT STARFISH BACK INTO THE OCEAN, THERE ARE SO MANY OF THEM, IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE!

well, guess what?... IT MADE A DIFFERENCE TO THAT ONE FISH! Kill off scum..IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE IN THE ONE PERSONS CASE AND WORTH IT! ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/14/05 at 12:32 am

So forgo a peaceful killing a guy to make him SUFFER in prison day to day? I like #1

Apples and oranges nothing..RESPONSIBILITY is the word..the guy made bad decisions so WE in society get rid of the burden!

Killing the creep would DEFINITELY help society to never to be responsible for him again! It does make a difference.

While walking on the beach, starfish were everywhere..you might pick one up and throw it back into the ocean...one might comment WHY WOULD YOU THROW THAT STARFISH BACK INTO THE OCEAN, THERE ARE SO MANY OF THEM, IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE!

well, guess what?... IT MADE A DIFFERENCE TO THAT ONE FISH! Kill off scum..IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE IN THE ONE PERSONS CASE AND WORTH IT! ;)

Sponsered by Citizens Against Logic.
If rhetoric were food, that would be tossed salad!

Written By: saver on 05/14/05 at 1:32 pm

If you can't see the logic ofgetting rid of evil..how else could one put it?

These comments were also made by popular BIG CITY talk show hosts who wouldn't be in their popular positions if they were ILLOGICAL.

Overall the point is kill the creep and we don't have to worry about HIM anymore.

Written By: Don Carlos on 05/14/05 at 2:05 pm

Sponsered by Citizens Against Logic.
If rhetoric were food, that would be tossed salad!

Or smorgusbourg?

If you can't see the logic ofgetting rid of evil..how else could one put it?

These comments were also made by popular BIG CITY talk show hosts who wouldn't be in their popular positions if they were ILLOGICAL.

Overall the point is kill the creep and we don't have to worry about HIM anymore.

There is no way to say an illogical thing logically.

BIG CITY talk show hosts have never been fantastic exemplors of logic, so you score no points there.  If you want an example or 2 let me know.

Beside my objection to capital punishment in general, I strongly objected to your "Lynch the guy".  We can debate the pros and cons of capital punishment logically, factually, and as public policy, but there is no way, IMHO, to defend lynching or mob justice of any kind.  To advocate lynching is to advocate the denial of the rule of law, and a return to barbarism (all though I hate to use that word in this context since it gives "barbarians" a bad name.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/14/05 at 2:08 pm

I highly doubt he will be in "peace" once killed anyway...I wouldn't want to be in his shoes (yes, I realize that is my opinion)

I agree...why keep using tax payers dollars to keep people like this alive??

He caused a horrific tragedy...he didn't care that he tortured his OWN daughter and her friend by beating the S H I T outta them and stabbing them over and over (including in his OWN daughter's eyes).....just because he was P I S S E D off because she supposedly stole money from her mom and he didn't think she should have been allowed out of the house on Mother's Day.

There was no question whether he did it or not.....the SCUM blatantly admitted to the crime........

so, why keep the SOB alive?  Sure....he'll be ripped a few new ones in jail and he will have time to think about his crime (although I doubt very much that he gives a rat's A S S).....

I don't understand why this country is ok with keeping these people around.....in other countries....you do the crime...you pay for it...not sit around in a jail cell, rotting...while decent folks pay taxes in order for you to stay alive.

I am not an expert on laws, the way a country is run...or anything regarding these hot topics...and usually I never even catch myself in these "debatable" types of threads...because I really like to remain neutral on most issues...but this whole topic, concerning the maggot that killed these 2 innocent girls........really rubbed me the wrong way.

Erin

Written By: Don Carlos on 05/14/05 at 2:33 pm

I am not an expert on laws, the way a country is run...or anything regarding these hot topics...and usually I never even catch myself in these "debatable" types of threads...because I really like to remain neutral on most issues...but this whole topic, concerning the maggot that killed these 2 innocent girls........really rubbed me the wrong way.

Erin

Few of us are, but you have an obligation, as do we all, to cultivate opinions, on most of which there is no "neutral".  Of course the guy is a maggot.  There is no question on that point, and this case certainly elicites a desire for revenge.  My religious training was that there are 2 kinds of sins, venial and mortal.  Venial sinners went to purgatory, and mortal sinners went to he11.  This was certainly a mortal sin, but so is child molestation, so (if he is guilty) Michael Jackson is in the same category as this creep.  If he is guilty should he also fry?

Written By: GWBush2004 on 05/14/05 at 2:42 pm

If he is guilty should he also fry?

No.  Under California law child molestation is not punishable by death while murder is.

Personally I see murder as a worse crime than child molestation.

Written By: Don Carlos on 05/14/05 at 3:09 pm

No.  Under California law child molestation is not punishable by death while murder is.

Personally I see murder as a worse crime than child molestation.

Both are abominable crimes and mortal sins.  Why should Michael (if guilty) be spared from the fires of hell longer than any other mortal sinner?

Written By: saver on 05/14/05 at 3:11 pm

As there are many factions of religionists involved in some of the countrys' decision making..one  into certain 'beliefs' might reach the conclusion..:
We are made in Gods' image, we are to strive to be God-like in this life...God is against evil and (?-depending) bans evildoers to hell...therefore WE should act God-like and do the same...

As I say..one may feel that way and impose it on the subject of killing off evildoers.

Then again others will say 'Our God, is a loving God.' Don't sentence anyone to death.

If you believe everyone is RESPONSIBLE for their actions...the fact that one MURDERS another is a cowardice act and could be a call for 'Get me outta this life'  as they know they will be punished..it may not deter anyone but the person who commits the horrendous act -as far as I'm concerned - has just written his own execution...maybe an eye for an eye..there are plenty of sayings...if a molester is guilty- they are just thrown into jail to spend a designated period of time for the crime...IS THAT A DETERRENT?

Get tough on crime...if there is a fear of going to jail(as they will possibly be dealt with by the guys already locked up) ..why is THAT threat  permitted?
They are in jail because thewy are to learn from being mean and bad..why is it permitted to let them STILL be mean and abusive in jails???Okay, that's another topic...some are in for life and don't have anything to lose..well they SHOULD! No gangs or threats in jails or you will suffer longer..but nooooo we give them weights(who do THEY have to look good and in shape for?) and TV....

Wow 2 topics in 1  ;D  

Written By: danootaandme on 05/14/05 at 3:53 pm

I don't trust the government to administer the death penalty equitably.  They have proven themselve
unworthy in this respect.  So here I am your anti death penalty person, saying no.

Written By: saver on 05/14/05 at 5:29 pm

Wouldn't case by case be nice?

Heard the protesters formed for the Conn. execution...the guy didn't even want the appeals!

So how many 'innocent' people on  death row were killed all these years?

Written By: GWBush2004 on 05/14/05 at 7:05 pm

Heard the protesters formed for the Conn. execution...the guy didn't even want the appeals!

These are the people who say that people who want doctor-assisted suicide should be able to get it, but a man on death row who wanted to die and waved all his appeals couldn't get to die in peace (not that Ross deserved it.)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/15/05 at 12:52 am

These are the people who say that people who want doctor-assisted suicide should be able to get it, but a man on death row who wanted to die and waved all his appeals couldn't get to die in peace (not that Ross deserved it.)

There shouldn't be a death row from which Michael Ross could waive all his "rights."  However, I have no tears for Ross.  I do think it is a terrible misfortune that some people's brains are so sick they get off on murdering others.
Speaking of which, why is it that "culture of life" conservatives have such a h*rd-on for the death penalty? Sheesh!  I mean, the attitude isn't a somber attitude that says,  "it is a sad day when we must put a man to death."  Conservatives who must be restrained by law from assaulting women entering reproductive health clinics are the same ones who will stand outside the prison at midnight with signs that say "FRY YOU BASTARD!" 
As governor of Texas, Dubya joyfully executed as many prisoners as possible.

The only places I see any "life affirming" zeal among conservatives is when it involves a woman's uterus, and the Terri Schiavo imroglio!  Other than that, it's all war, death penalty, and deprivation for the poor.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 05/15/05 at 1:16 pm

Speaking of which, why is it that "culture of life" conservatives have such a h*rd-on for the death penalty? Sheesh

It's because there are certain people in this country who have lost their right to live.  Unborn babies haven't.  A handicapped woman in Florida didn't.  A convicted serial murderer did lose his right to live.  And that's the way it should be.

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/15/05 at 1:44 pm

I agree...why keep using tax payers dollars to keep people like this alive??

Yeah. I usually try and stay out of more "controversial" threads like this, but I couldn't agree more.

I honestly don't know how this guy can live with himself after doing something like this. I don't care how p**sed off I get, I barely would even have it in me to hit anyone, much less brutally murder them -- especially my own daughter (if I had kids) who I'd think he was supposed to love more than just about anyone.

People like that shouldn't even HAVE kids in the first place. :(

I read the news reports about the case several days ago, and from the sounds of it, he was not happy with the way the mom disciplined her (or, in this case, didn't). Is "stealing" (even assuming it's true) a couple bucks grounds for virtual mutilation? And, why even more, did he do the same with her friend -- who had nothing at all to do with it, other than being with her at the time?

As for the report that the friend had a knife she tried to use: if that was true, hell, I say more power to her in the presence of a monster/psycho like that.

I'll be as simplistic and to-the-point as possible about the politics: Terri Schiavo was starved/thirsted to death for 10+ days, and nobody in charge did a s**t about it, but a guy like this has the possibility of living his life in jail, relatively a picnic in comparison?

BTW, don't get me wrong, I'm for prisoners' rights, but I think someone who got caught with a joint or who stole something from KMart should get different "rights" in jail than a cold-blooded double murderer.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/15/05 at 4:03 pm

It's because there are certain people in this country who have lost their right to live.  Unborn babies haven't.  A handicapped woman in Florida didn't.  A convicted serial murderer did lost his right to live.  And that's the way it should be.

That's the stock right-wing rationalization.  It still doesn't explain the pathological celbration of death and war exhibited by the Right regarding executions and American military aggression.  The tax cutting and burden-shifting nature of the policies of the American Right are out of sync with a "culture of life" as are the Right's beliefs about world ecology.

I don't object to the death penalty because I value the lives of murderers.  I don't see enough justice in our justice system to trust our judiciary to condemn people to death.  The politics of revenge have too much influence on conservative judges.  The quality of legal representation available to defendants is too much determined by the size of the defendant's wallet.

Written By: saver on 05/15/05 at 7:49 pm

They all get their ..what..20? appeals?

As pointed out before...IF PRISON LIFE IS SO MUCH WORSE THAN BEING EXECUTED...WHY DO THE PRISONERS ALL USE EVERY APPEAL THEY CAN TO POSTPONE DEATH!

That is no right wing question either..JUST LOGIC!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/15/05 at 11:06 pm

Yeah. I usually try and stay out of more "controversial" threads like this, but I couldn't agree more.

I honestly don't know how this guy can live with himself after doing something like this. I don't care how p**sed off I get, I barely would even have it in me to hit anyone, much less brutally murder them -- especially my own daughter (if I had kids) who I'd think he was supposed to love more than just about anyone.

People like that shouldn't even HAVE kids in the first place. :(

I read the news reports about the case several days ago, and from the sounds of it, he was not happy with the way the mom disciplined her (or, in this case, didn't). Is "stealing" (even assuming it's true) a couple bucks grounds for virtual mutilation? And, why even more, did he do the same with her friend -- who had nothing at all to do with it, other than being with her at the time?

As for the report that the friend had a knife she tried to use: if that was true, hell, I say more power to her in the presence of a monster/psycho like that.

I'll be as simplistic and to-the-point as possible about the politics: Terri Schiavo was starved/thirsted to death for 10+ days, and nobody in charge did a s**t about it, but a guy like this has the possibility of living his life in jail, relatively a picnic in comparison?

BTW, don't get me wrong, I'm for prisoners' rights, but I think someone who got caught with a joint or who stole something from KMart should get different "rights" in jail than a cold-blooded double murderer.

AMEN brother...I couldn't have stated it better!!!

Erin :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/16/05 at 12:27 am

They all get their ..what..20? appeals?

As pointed out before...IF PRISON LIFE IS SO MUCH WORSE THAN BEING EXECUTED...WHY DO THE PRISONERS ALL USE EVERY APPEAL THEY CAN TO POSTPONE DEATH!

That is no right wing question either..JUST LOGIC!

I don't care which is *worse,* the death penalty is too arbitrary and too politicized.  Furthermore, I don't believe the state should be killing people to satisfy the vengeful streak among some of the populus. 
Revenge dominates pro-capital punishment rhetoric.  Justice and revenge are not the same thing. 

Written By: GWBush2004 on 05/16/05 at 11:23 am

I don't object to the death penalty because I value the lives of murderers.  I don't see enough justice in our justice system to trust our judiciary to condemn people to death.  The politics of revenge have too much influence on conservative judges.  The quality of legal representation available to defendants is too much determined by the size of the defendant's wallet.

Let me get this straight.  You don't trust the government to administer the death penalty, yet you want to trust the government with your health care?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/16/05 at 11:36 am

Let me get this straight.  You don't trust the government to administer the death penalty, yet you want to trust the government with your health care?

Apples and oranges again, my friend.  The "government" isn't an undifferentiated monolith.
The social and political underpinnings of capital punishment in America are not the same thing as the movement for nationalized healthcare.  Countries with national health don't have the death penalty, and that's the way things ought to be!
As is, our healthcare system is NOT controlled by THE people, but onl a FEW people--the executive muckedy-mucks of the giant insurance and pharmaceutical companies.  The criteria insurance companies want for coverage is the ability to pay OUTRAGEOUS premiums and a guarantee you will never get sick.  The criteria the pharma companies want for consumers is the ability to pay OUTRAGEOUS prices, and a guarantee you will always be sick.  Right now, the insurance and drug firms are more influential on healthcare policy-making than is congress.  Congress is THE PEOPLE'S government--well it's supposed to be.  We must wrest the people's government away from control by corporate America and back to control by the voters. 
Do I trust the "government" with my healthcare?  Not the current government which is enslaved to the dictates of corporate executives and not the needs of the people.

Capital punishment as administered by the state and federal government, as well as courts-martial, is a completely separate issue.

Written By: Don Carlos on 05/16/05 at 2:04 pm

For me, it has nothing to do with trust.  I refuse to take the life of another human being under and but gut reaction self defense - not a rational response - and I object to the state, of which I am a part, doing so in my name.  This is a moral issue.  The administration and financing of health care is not, so Max is right, this mixes apples and (not oranges but) asparagrasses, and defines logic.

Check for new replies or respond here...