» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: PETA kills animals

Written By: Mushroom on 05/19/05 at 4:30 pm

Wow, talk about things you did not know about PETA!

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

I have not supported PETA for many years, and I am so glad that I do not.  The little things that the "animal rights" people do not want you to know.

Subject: Re: PETA kills animals

Written By: GWBush2004 on 05/19/05 at 4:49 pm

Pot Envokes Thoughtless Actions

Written By: MooRocca on 05/19/05 at 7:20 pm

Wow, talk about things you did not know about PETA!

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

I have not supported PETA for many years, and I am so glad that I do not.  The little things that the "animal rights" people do not want you to know.

I've known about it for a long time.  They're also officially against pet ownership... which would probably be news to all the pet lovers who support the organization through dues and donations.  PETA, from everything I know about them (which is probably just the tip of the iceberg)  looks to be a large scale con to bilk both legitimate animal lovers and hippie-wannabe cause-followers.

If you ever get a chance, (the season it's on is out on DVD, you might be able to rent it,) watch the Penn & Teller BullSh*t episode on PETA --  it's probably the most entertaining "outing" of that scam-organization, out there..  :)

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/19/05 at 7:34 pm

I've known about it for a long time.  They're also officially against pet ownership... which would probably be news to all the pet lovers who support the organization through dues and donations.  PETA, from everything I know about them (which is probably just the tip of the iceberg)  looks to be a large scale con to bilk both legitimate animal lovers and hippie-wannabe cause-followers.

If you ever get a chance, (the season it's on is out on DVD, you might be able to rent it,) watch the Penn & Teller BullSh*t episode on PETA --  it's probably the most entertaining "outing" of that scam-organization, out there..  :)

Hate PETA.  Depsise them really.  They're the worse kind of eco-nuts around, totally unreasonable and without any logic what-so-ever.  I hate even more that they're lumped in with the Green movement, when most people on both sides of the political spectrum can't stand them.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/19/05 at 7:58 pm

I can't stand PETA either.  Don't see how any sensible person could.  However, I'm not ready to believe they're committing a dog-and-pony holocaust.  The story reeks of conflation and exaggeration.  I'd seek out more info on this matter, but it's not really worth my time.
I wouldn't want PETA coming to my kid's school (if I had a kid) with their histrionic propaganda.  That would tee me off to no end!

Written By: Harmonica on 05/19/05 at 10:38 pm

I'm an animal lover myself but PETA makes me sick.

I'm surprised more people don't like them though.

Written By: Dagwood on 05/20/05 at 7:22 am

I have never liked PETA.  Their tactics totally turned me off. 

Written By: Mushroom on 05/20/05 at 8:32 am

Wow!  I know that an orginization must be really bad if both Maxwell and I agree on how we view it!

I knew about their anti-pet stance, and I am sure that any pets that I owned would agree with me.  They have always been a part of my family, and well loved.I am very "ecological minded", yet they take things to extreme.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/20/05 at 11:42 am

Many of the people I know who belong to PETA are total hypocrites.  Most of them have pets and wear leather, but "supposedly", it comes from animals who die naturally....I've never known a company to do that, not saying that there's not, you would just think if they did, it would be more well known ::)

If PETA people kept to their stated principles, then wearing the leather from a cow that died naturally would be tantamount to tanning the flesh of your late husband and wearing it as a bag, belt, and shoes combo!
:P
I know that's a disgusting thing to say, but the way PETA goes on about things....

As one teenage vegan said to me when I asked him why, then, he wore a leather jacket:
"Well, leather's not bad 'cuz they just like SHAVE the cow and stuff."

Veganism and the PETA principle are only possible because we live in a society in which we have the luxury NOT to use ALL natural resources available.  Go try to sell veganism to the Inuit!  I mean, for crying out loud!

Mushroom wrote
Wow!  I know that an orginization must be really bad if both Maxwell and I agree on how we view it!

I knew about their anti-pet stance, and I am sure that any pets that I owned would agree with me.  They have always been a part of my family, and well loved.I am very "ecological minded", yet they take things to extreme.

Like all extremists, PETA is absolutist and alienates anyone who doesn't buy the whole package!  Most people don't want science laboratories to perform cruel experiments on monkeys, they don't want to see rabbits blinded for the sake of a new eyeliner, they don't like those vile puppy mills, and so forth.  On the other hand, most people, even most vegans, don't want to say you're a bad person because you have a dog!
Thus, most people who would sign on to help them on some issues feel unwelcome.

As for consensus on PETA, I think the only organizations on which you get more across-the-board agreement are NAMBLA and the KKK!
::)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/21/05 at 10:41 am

I have always found PETA'S tactics to be too much on the extreme side.  ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/21/05 at 8:44 pm

And, he honestly thought the skin would grow back like the wool on a sheep??? ::)

I don't know what he thought.  He wasn't much a thinker!

Written By: cancemini2real on 05/29/05 at 8:52 pm

I bet PETA would "Club" vegetarian's like me! Oh the Humanity! :o Can't we all just get along?!

Written By: Powerslave on 05/30/05 at 12:05 am

PETA should be destroyed.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/30/05 at 2:14 am

PETA should be destroyed.

I'd say eat 'em up, but those skinny vegans make lousy barbecue!

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 05/30/05 at 3:50 am

Never really cared for PETA. I'm not sure they exist over here. Or maybe they do, just not as big.

I can't imagine a group like PETA lasting very long here. Especially when you see the backlash such groups like National Front (White Supremist) and Destiny (Fundy Christian) get.  :o

Check for new replies or respond here...