» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Mrs. Bush heckled in the Holy Land

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/23/05 at 12:36 am

Laura should take some notes from her mother-in-law.  They wouldn't have pulled that cr*p with Babs, they wouldn't dare!
Oh well, I suppose they can just blame it all on Newsweek....
:P

Protesters Heckle Laura Bush in Jerusalem
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050523/ap_on_re_mi_ea/laura_bush

Subject: Re: Mrs. Bush heckled in the Holy Land

Written By: Don Carlos on 05/23/05 at 2:59 pm

Laura should take some notes from her mother-in-law.  They wouldn't have pulled that cr*p with Babs, they wouldn't dare!
Oh well, I suppose they can just blame it all on Newsweek....
:P

Protesters Heckle Laura Bush in Jerusalem
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050523/ap_on_re_mi_ea/laura_bush

Poor Laura.  But then, I think it takes one f...ing amount of chutzpa to go to a mosqu when we are slaughtering Muslims in Iraq and helping the Israelis slaughter them in Palistine.  Not to mention the torture.  What was she thinking?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/23/05 at 5:05 pm

Poor Laura.  But then, I think it takes one f...ing amount of chutzpa to go to a mosqu when we are slaughtering Muslims in Iraq and helping the Israelis slaughter them in Palistine.  Not to mention the torture.  What was she thinking?

She was thinking:  "Next time I'll bring Karl Rove's people and a satchel full of cash to pay a pre-selected crowd of fawning brown nosers, just like George and I do at home!"
;D

Written By: GWBush2004 on 05/23/05 at 7:34 pm

I figure the leftists on this messageboard would denounce the treatment of Mrs. Bush while in the middle east.  Remember, she was over there talking about womens' rights.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/23/05 at 9:02 pm

I figure the leftists on this messageboard would denounce the treatment of Mrs. Bush while in the middle east.  Remember, she was over there talking about womens' rights.

Hooray for Mrs. Bush talking about women's rights!  Problem is, they don't want to hear it from her over there, and I can't say I blame 'em! 

Written By: MooRocca on 05/23/05 at 9:25 pm

She didn't have to go into a Mosque or put a prayer in the wall to talk about women's rights.  Those were just photo ops. 

Written By: GWBush2004 on 05/23/05 at 9:27 pm

She didn't have to go into a Mosque or put a prayer in the wall to talk about women's rights.

Why does it matter what she was doing?  She was still talking about womens' rights.  She can express her religious freedom there if she wants to.

Written By: MooRocca on 05/23/05 at 10:04 pm

Why does it matter what she was doing?  She was still talking about womens' rights.  She can express her religious freedom there if she wants to.

She wasn't expressing her religious freedom and she wasn't speaking about women's rights when she was in the mosque or when she placed the prayer in the wall.  She was getting her picture taken.  I'm not slamming her, I'm calling those particular actions for what they were -- photo ops are part of her unpaid job, even she isn't going to be happy with all of them, but she has to do them. 

There's no reason to try to make them out to be something they weren't or to make her out to be some perfect being whose every action is her own decision and whose every motive is pure and correct.  She's not a demi-goddess, she's a person trying to do a job that's not always easy, might sometimes be dangerous, doesn't always go as planned/hoped, is rarely appreciated and is never compensated.  The mosque visit was a bad move on many levels...  it's one of those things that didn't go as well as the people who dreamed it up and put it on her itinerary hoped it would go.  Thankfully, it didn't go any worse than it did -- we could be mourning a first lady, today.   

Written By: Don Carlos on 05/24/05 at 12:49 pm

Just as I think it hypocritical for Lil' Georgie to talk about democracy around the world while destroying it here, I think it hypocritical for Laura to talk about women's rights abroad while working against them here.

Written By: danootaandme on 05/24/05 at 4:02 pm

She kept her cool and never did seem to lose the Stepford Smile throughout.  I notice that Mrs. B. talks about childrens books over here and womens rights over there.  Since she is known to be pro-choice I don't see why she silences herself on that subject and then goes out and talks about womens rights somewhere else.  Somewhat hypocritical.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 05/24/05 at 4:22 pm

Since she is known to be pro-choice I don't see why she silences herself on that subject and then goes out and talks about womens rights somewhere else.  Somewhat hypocritical.

There is a difference between what people in the middle east and what people in America call womens' rights.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/24/05 at 7:38 pm

She kept her cool and never did seem to lose the Stepford Smile throughout.  I notice that Mrs. B. talks about childrens books over here and womens rights over there.  Since she is known to be pro-choice I don't see why she silences herself on that subject and then goes out and talks about womens rights somewhere else.  Somewhat hypocritical.

More like women's rights to a life where she's a customer for children's books.  The Evangelical Right, they don't like none of this bust-up-the-family femmy-nism.  And they don't much of these here new-fangled pants suits women's libbers are wearing to work these days neither!

Written By: Don Carlos on 05/25/05 at 2:09 pm

There is a difference between what people in the middle east and what people in America call womens' rights.

Yes, there certainly is.  And your point?

Written By: Climber on 05/26/05 at 10:54 pm

Since she is known to be pro-choice

Do you mean pro-choice, as in not pro-life, not against abortion?  If so, I never head that one!

Written By: Im Batman on 05/27/05 at 12:18 am

You think maybe Laura and the rest of the Bushies are a little isolated from the people who are killed by US policy? 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/27/05 at 1:19 am

You think maybe Laura and the rest of the Bushies are a little isolated from the people who are killed by US policy? 

It is less that they are isolated--which they are--and more that they DON'T CARE!!! 
These deaths are necessary for the personal enrichment of them their keptocratic cronies.  The depth of the Bush crime family's depravity is unfathomable!

Check for new replies or respond here...