» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Awww, they hurt Tom DeLay's feelings!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/27/05 at 7:21 pm

http://apnews.myway.com//article/20050527/D8ABL0P80.html

Rep. Tom DeLay said the TV show Law & Order: Criminal Intent "slurred" his name in a line about the shooting death of a judge:
"Maybe we should put out an APB for somebody in a Tom DeLay T-shirt."

DeLay's stooges probably helped him write this bit of circumlocution:
"This manipulation of my name and trivialization of the sensitive issue of judicial security represents a reckless disregard for the suffering initiated by recent tragedies and a great disservice to public discourse."
In other words, "I'm a big baby and I can dish it out, but I can't take it!"

You know, that crook ought to be awaiting a trial for corruption that will send him to federal prison.  It's a miscarriage of justice in itself that he even has time to worry about what they're saying on some dumb cop show!

"Law & Order" producer D i ck Wolf said it best:
"But I do congratulate Congressman DeLay for switching the spotlight from his own problems to an episode of a television show."

Don't be surprised when the IRS comes after YOU with surgical gloves and a loooong probing stick, there D i ck!
:P

This follows the Bush administration's and the Republican party's usual strategy, "Don't blame US, blame the MEDIA, it's THEIR fault!"

Subject: Re: Awww, they hurt Tom DeLay's feelings!

Written By: Don Carlos on 05/28/05 at 6:11 pm

http://apnews.myway.com//article/20050527/D8ABL0P80.html

Rep. Tom DeLay said the TV show Law & Order: Criminal Intent "slurred" his name in a line about the shooting death of a judge:
"Maybe we should put out an APB for somebody in a Tom DeLay T-shirt."

DeLay's stooges probably helped him write this bit of circumlocution:
"This manipulation of my name and trivialization of the sensitive issue of judicial security represents a reckless disregard for the suffering initiated by recent tragedies and a great disservice to public discourse."
In other words, "I'm a big baby and I can dish it out, but I can't take it!"

You know, that crook ought to be awaiting a trial for corruption that will send him to federal prison.  It's a miscarriage of justice in itself that he even has time to worry about what they're saying on some dumb cop show!

"Law & Order" producer D i ck Wolf said it best:
"But I do congratulate Congressman DeLay for switching the spotlight from his own problems to an episode of a television show."

Don't be surprised when the IRS comes after YOU with surgical gloves and a loooong probing stick, there D i ck!
:P

This follows the Bush administration's and the Republican party's usual strategy, "Don't blame US, blame the MEDIA, it's THEIR fault!"

In a recent Meet the Press interview, DNC Chair Howard Dean suggested that Tom DeLay should be "serving his country" in a Texas jail instead of in Congress.  He refused to retract his statement.  Maybe the Democrates have finally found their "cojones".  Go Howard.

Mr Wolf must be a very astute man.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/29/05 at 4:33 pm

In a recent Meet the Press interview, DNC Chair Howard Dean suggested that Tom DeLay should be "serving his country" in a Texas jail instead of in Congress.  He refused to retract his statement.  Maybe the Democrates have finally found their "cojones".  Go Howard.

Mr Wolf must be a very astute man.

That's why they strategy is to portray Howard Dean as "out of touch, elitist, and insane."  They're afraid of a guy like Howard Dean because he's not Joe Lieberman.

Written By: Don Carlos on 05/29/05 at 5:24 pm

They're afraid of a guy like Howard Dean because he's not Joe Lieberman.

No Howard is their worst nightmare, a fiscal conservative (balanced budgets) and a social liberal (pro choice, pro- universal health coverage, pro civil unions, etc.).  So, of course they try to demonize him, while poor Tom get flestered over a fictional TV show.  Poor Tom.

Check for new replies or respond here...