» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: George Galloway

Written By: UKVisitor on 05/27/05 at 10:21 pm

I hope I have offered enough options to meet everyones possible criteris on this board  ::)

Subject: Re: George Galloway

Written By: EthanM on 05/27/05 at 10:27 pm

I never heard anything about him

Written By: UKVisitor on 05/27/05 at 10:28 pm

Sorry assumed you'd all heard of him, check out the link below
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4560865.stm

Written By: goodsin on 05/28/05 at 10:47 am

Hey, I must be the only one at this point who's voted for the second option. I don't know massive amounts about him, but I think most people who disparage him just don't like the fact that he associates with Muslims, period. I think he p***es our government off by making money from foreign dealings, when the government think they're the only ones who should be allowed to do so! Personally, I admire the way he is bridging the gap between white & asian communities in his area.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/28/05 at 11:50 am

A silly man with a moustache he is, just like John Bolton.
Galloway's proclamations about oil exploitation are nothing I didn't know or strongly suspect already, and the man's own dealings are a bit fishy.  Galloway doesn't matter in the long run.

Written By: philbo on 05/28/05 at 2:01 pm

Ha!  I went for the same option as Max... the one option you missed was "The biggest ego ever to be elected to parliament"

By and large he's right in what he says... but he is such an annoying arsehole, it makes me want to disagree with him on principal.

Written By: Don Carlos on 05/28/05 at 5:15 pm

Having skimmed just the posted link and read others' comments, I just can't cast an informed vote.  I will say that standing against the "lap dog" who is the British Prime Minister (Churchill, Gladstone, & Disraili must be rolling over in their graves) can't be all bad.  Reaching out to the Muslim community in England can't be all bad either (or is it eIther?  ;)).  Even if the guy is "a silly man with a mustash" if he's bucking the status quo, that could be good.  I await more comments from our friends across the pond.

Check for new replies or respond here...