» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Kansas politican wants to end Woman's Suffrage

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/02/05 at 1:02 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050602/ap_on_el_gu/women_voting_candidacy;_ylt=AuZzHAgut2dnXBl.1pZlztqs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA2bW85OXIzBHNlYwNwbA--

Not nearly as funny as when the hosts of the Man Show asked women to sign a petition to end Suffrage, since this dimwitt is real.

Subject: Re: Kansas politican wants to end Woman's Suffrage

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/02/05 at 1:07 pm

I read about this. I really can't believe that. Since this country was founded (and before) women have been fighting for equal rights and I can't believe that this woman wants to turn back the hands of time when we didn't have a say. But yet, the ironic part about it is that she is running for office. Does she think that only men are going to vote for her? Talk about a hypocrite!  ::)

I am woman. Hear me roar! (Meow  ;))

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/02/05 at 1:26 pm

I read about this. I really can't believe that. Since this country was founded (and before) women have been fighting for equal rights and I can't believe that this woman wants to turn back the hands of time when we didn't have a say. But yet, the ironic part about it is that she is running for office. Does she think that only men are going to vote for her? Talk about a hypocrite!  ::)

I am woman. Hear me roar! (Meow  ;))

Cat

Yeah, that's just what I was gonna say!  OK, sisters, I'm running for governor, but don't none of you dare vote for me!  Stay home and bake your man an apple pie, and lay out that l'il lace teddy for later!
Usually I'd just laugh at such a crackpot, but in Kansas these days....
:o :o :o
I wonder if she'll be appearing on the FOX/MSNBC panels with Pat Buchanan and Phyllis Schlafly.  Crazy times we're living in!

Written By: Don Carlos on 06/02/05 at 1:40 pm

My father was born on Oct 30 1920.  Election day was 3 days away.  My grandmother still recovering from the delivery, is reported to have said "All these years men have been keeping me from voting, and (pointing to dad's crib) THERE"S ANOTHER".

What nonsense.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 06/04/05 at 7:14 pm

Seriously....  ::)

Written By: Climber on 06/04/05 at 11:00 pm

I bet if she looked at her election results, she would find out that it was women who voted her in... ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/05/05 at 12:42 pm

I bet if she looked at her election results, she would find out that it was women who voted her in... ;)

Is that singular or plural?  :D ;D

Cat

Written By: Im Batman on 06/05/05 at 4:18 pm

I'm currently reading "What's the Matter with Kansas" by Frank Thomas.  It is a great, insightful book about how the midwest is selling out its economic and social intrests to the  Republicans, who favor big business over the working class.

Is it any surprise that after Kansas sold it's soul and getting into bed with the GOP, they would eventually get f&%*#d? 

This Republican right wing nut job is just an example of what happens whern you hook up with extremists. 

Written By: Don Carlos on 06/05/05 at 4:49 pm

I'm currently reading "What's the Matter with Kansas" by Frank Thomas.  It is a great, insightful book about how the midwest is selling out its economic and social intrests to the  Republicans, who favor big business over the working class.

Is it any surprise that after Kansas sold it's soul and getting into bed with the GOP, they would eventually get f&%*#d? 

This Republican right wing nut job is just an example of what happens whern you hook up with extremists. 

I beg to differ.

"Extremism in the  defense of liberty is no vice" - Barry Goldwater, who must be rollinbg over in his grave at where conservative agenda has wandered.

Check for new replies or respond here...