» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Michael Jackson Completely Acquitted

Written By: McDonald on 06/13/05 at 4:21 pm

Not guilty on all 10 counts....  :D

Subject: Re: Michael Jackson Completely Acquitted

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/13/05 at 4:23 pm

whatever ::) I figured as much.

Written By: Don Carlos on 06/13/05 at 4:26 pm

Is this for real?  If so, what a travesty.  But then, I guess if your Michael, or Simpson, you can get away with pedophilia, or even murder.

Written By: Climber on 06/13/05 at 4:28 pm

Is anybody really surprised?

Is this for real? If so, what a travesty. But then, I guess if your Michael, or Simpson, you can get away with pedophilia, or even murder.

If you're anybody famous, apparently: Robert Blake.

Written By: Don Carlos on 06/13/05 at 4:40 pm

Is anybody really surprised?

If you're anybody famous, apparently: Robert Blake.

Yes, another scum bucket who got off.  There are so many.

Written By: McDonald on 06/13/05 at 4:45 pm

I was amazed when I heard that there were absolutely no Black people on the jury, and it made me sort of wonder if there was any way he could possibly get a fair trial if a jury of his "peers" included no one of his own race.

I definitely think that Michael Jackson is a pedophile, but simply being a pedophile isn't a crime. Performing pedophilic acts upon children is a crime, and in these particular cases, there were obviously plenty of reasons why the jury was unconvinced of his guilt. I've heard it said that the prosecution was weak and inconsistent, but since I haven't followed the trial religiously and thus haven't been watching E! 24/7, I can't confirm or deny this.

I think it's a little too easy to chock the acquittal up to the fact that he's famous. Many members of the jury were Senior citizens who would have little reason to have ever idolised Jackson. A couple of them were very young, in their very early twenties, and would also have missed most of the Michael Jackson hooplah, and were admittedly not fans of his. If this dedicated prosecution was unable to convince this jury of any of these counts, then blame the prosecution if you think he's guilty... not Jackson's fame. I guarantee that, famous or not, nobody would think twice about putting Jackson away forever if they could be competently convinced that he molested a child.

BTW, I never had an opinion on whether he was innocent or guilty at any time during this case. I'm not a particularly big fan of Jackson's music, and I was in fact resentful that the trial was getting so much airtime when there were so many other, more important things that needed media coverage. I remained pretty neutral throughout this entire ordeal, and I still don't know if he was guilty or not... However, the fact that this prosecution which was so dead set on convicting Jackson was unable to convince what appears to have been a decent jury (considering Jackson's level of fame), really has me leaning toward "not guilty." Plus there were things like the Caulkin testimony and the question of the accusers' possible alterior motives which lead me to believe that he was probably not guilty of these particular charges.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/13/05 at 5:31 pm

Yes, another scum bucket who got off.  There are so many.
Like:
Roman Polanski
OJ Simpson
....to name just a couple more >:(

Written By: saver on 06/13/05 at 5:34 pm

Did he run for a plane afterwards?

Saw that he already changed the sign of 'NEVERLAND' to 'NEVERPANTS'

Whatever....we'll hear why the jury votede that way...THERE THEY GO AGAIN TRYING TO PIN SOMETHING ON A SUCCESSFUL BLACK MAN, OJ, KOBE,RODNEY KING..WHY CAN'T THEM WHITES LEAVE...uh.....oh, he wasn't guilty.......

As the 'kids' say: 'MY BAD' :D :D :D :D :D  

Written By: saver on 06/13/05 at 5:37 pm

Will it now take as long to prosecute the mother for the way she involved her kids? Or can that NOT be worthy of proving...

Go get 'er!!!!!!

Written By: Billy Florio on 06/13/05 at 7:01 pm

Im starting to think no one gets found guilty in LA lol.  ::) :P

Written By: Tanya1976 on 06/13/05 at 7:39 pm

Im starting to think no one gets found guilty in LA lol.   ::) :P

Right on! While I live here in Southern Ca (born and raised back East), I can't imagine why the law isn't taken seriously here.

Tanya

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/13/05 at 7:58 pm

:)
Well, I'm glad he got off the hook.  It sets a bad precedent to get a scummy man in a scummy way, even if the man is truly scummy.  I think MJ is just sick in the head.
When he got so rich he could make his world revolve around him, more of the sick Michael could come out to play.  The process of entropy saw more and more of the sick Michael supplant more and more of the postive Michael until he became what you see today.
I didn't think the prosecution made its case.  I think the kid's mother coached him and was gunning for Michael for years.  There was soooo much sleaziness surrounding the prosecution of MJ, they didn't deserve a count of guilty on a single one of those charges!
As for Jackson, serious hot water financially and personally.  I'm not saying he'll do what he needs to do, but he needs to sell all his assets and start all over again in Vegas.  He needs to hire handlers who will contract to keep him away from children.  He needs a therapeutic regimen to rectify his reeling health.  Above all, like any addict, he needs to admit he has a problem and surrender to a higher power.
If he doesn't do these things, he'll either die in the next few years, or get himself in trouble with kids yet again.  Next time the jury won't be so favorable.  If I had to wager a guess, however, I'd say Michael Jackson will blow it.  That's his track record and the best predictor of the future is the past!
:(

Written By: AnnieBanannie on 06/13/05 at 9:34 pm

Will it now take as long to prosecute the mother for the way she involved her kids? Or can that NOT be worthy of proving...

Go get 'er!!!!!!

I totally agree with you.  As I said on another thread, I think ALL of these parents committed a crime allowing their children to be alone with someone so disturbed.

Written By: Harmonica on 06/13/05 at 10:29 pm

Is he weird....most definitely

Is he a freak....no doubt about that

Is he a child molester....No he is not.

Written By: ADH13 on 06/14/05 at 12:55 am

I remained fairly neutral throughout this too... but like I said earlier, if the mother knew she could not get a single dime from this whole ordeal, and the only satisfaction she could get was having Michael put in jail, and she still pursued it, I would have no problem thinking he was guilty.

But when the dollar signs come into play... really makes me wonder.

Written By: Im Batman on 06/14/05 at 1:10 am

C'mon everyone, this is America!  Celebrity triumps over everything! It matters more than money, power or race.  Did anyone seriously think Michael Jackson was going away to jail for the next 20 years?

Besides this wasn't a court proceeding.  It was a reality show. 

Written By: ADH13 on 06/14/05 at 1:13 am

C'mon everyone, this is America!  Celebrity triumps over everything! It matters more than money, power or race.  Did anyone seriously think Michael Jackson was going away to jail for the next 20 years?

Besides this wasn't a court proceeding.  It was a reality show. 

Well, let me ask you this.  IF (yeah I know it would never happen because this is America) in the beginning of all this, the judge said "If Michael is found guilty, he will go to prison, and your son will be given mandatory psychiatric treatment at Michael's expense (paid directly to the psychiatrist) but YOU WILL NOT GET A DIME."  do you think she would have proceeded?  If she did proceed, I would definitely think he was guilty.

Besides, what does the mother need money for?  Will it make the son's trauma go away?

Written By: Climber on 06/14/05 at 1:18 am

Well, let me ask you this.  IF (yeah I know it would never happen because this is America) in the beginning of all this, the judge said "If Michael is found guilty, he will go to prison, and your son will be given mandatory psychiatric treatment at Michael's expense (paid directly to the psychiatrist) but YOU WILL NOT GET A DIME."  do you think she would have proceeded?  If she did proceed, I would definitely think he was guilty.

Besides, what does the mother need money for?  Will it make the son's trauma go away?

Some people think money makes everything all better.

I really don't think she would have proceeded.  She would have said something to the order of not wanting to put her son through the trauma of a trial.

I do think that's a great way to do things though.  And if there's any kind of monetary settlement, it should go into a trust for the victim, NOT his parents.

Written By: ADH13 on 06/14/05 at 1:24 am

Some people think money makes everything all better.

I really don't think she would have proceeded.  She would have said something to the order of not wanting to put her son through the trauma of a trial.

I do think that's a great way to do things though.  And if there's any kind of monetary settlement, it should go into a trust for the victim, NOT his parents.

Yes, I think alot less time would be wasted in our courts if they only awarded actual damages (ordering the defendant to "right the situation" without any cash award) and it would save us taxpayers a bundle too!

Written By: Brian Damaged on 06/14/05 at 9:38 am

I admit that I'm biased because I don't know any pedophiles (that I know of), and I've never heard of anyone I know being molested, plus he's always seemed like a nice man, so I hate to think he'd do it.  I always had a good feeling about him as a person (even though he obviously has serious emotional problems) so I need a strong reason to think he would be deliberately cruel.  Plus, he really seems to really like children and I doubt pedophiles like children any more than rapists like women.  But then again, I don't have any experience with pedophiles that I know of, so maybe some of them do seem to genuinely love kids.

Written By: Marian on 06/14/05 at 3:16 pm

whatever ::) I figured as much.
I figured it could go that way,because the key witness,Janet Arviso,was sounding more and more like lawsuit-happy Anna Ayala.Her son gavin had sworn Michael jackson wasn't the type of person who would molest a kid,and then turns around and says Michael did it.Sounded more and more like mommy wants to sue and get a big payoff.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/14/05 at 3:50 pm

I figured it could go that way,because the key witness,Janet Arviso,was sounding more and more like lawsuit-happy Anna Ayala.Her son gavin had sworn Michael jackson wasn't the type of person who would molest a kid,and then turns around and says Michael did it.Sounded more and more like mommy wants to sue and get a big payoff.
Yeah I think the mom is a jerk but that doesn't change my belief that MJ is a pedophile, who if not more careful, will get caught eventually. My ONLY point is that he should STOP having little boys in bed with him. If he likes children so much he should at least have the common sense to have kids visit with the parent and additional adults around all through the visits. :-\\

Written By: Marian on 06/14/05 at 3:59 pm

Yeah I think the mom is a jerk but that doesn't change my belief that MJ is a pedophile, who if not more careful, will get caught eventually. My ONLY point is that he should STOP having little boys in bed with him. If he likes children so much he should at least have the common sense to have kids visit with the parent and additional adults around all through the visits. :-\\
I agree he should stop sleeping with boys immediately.Meanwhile,I thin Wendy's and El Pollo loco should hope janet and gavin don't eat there--LOL

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/14/05 at 4:00 pm

I agree he should stop sleeping with boys immediately.Meanwhile,I thin Wendy's and El Pollo loco should hope janet and gavin don't eat there--LOL
;D ;)

Written By: GWBush2004 on 06/14/05 at 10:01 pm

OJ Simpson
Robert Blake
Michael Jackson

Sheesh.

I can't believe the media: CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, and NBC all broke in and made a big deal out of this.  I can't stand the television media anymore.  Hell even WGST and WSB radio killed their shows, so I couldn't enjoy anything.

Written By: saver on 06/14/05 at 10:25 pm

And now can you blame the 'other' boy for taking the money and running!??

Written By: Im Batman on 06/15/05 at 1:23 am

If Michael Jackson were black, they would have nailed him.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 06/15/05 at 1:19 pm

If Michael Jackson were black, they would have nailed him.

Like they did with OJ Simpson?

Besides, Michael Jackson is black.

Written By: Brian Damaged on 06/15/05 at 2:13 pm

How are these DAs so incompetent not to get a conviction.  Juries don't go by evidence, even if they're supposed to.  If so many people in the public are sure he's guilty, the DA must be incompetent not to get a conviction.

Written By: Climber on 06/15/05 at 11:18 pm

Like they did with OJ Simpson?

Besides, Michael Jackson is black.

Not anymore!  ;D :D

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 06/20/05 at 11:28 am

Anyone see the interview with the jurors immediately after MJ was acquitted - I just loved that senior lady juror that smiled and winked to camera after saying something like "they can take that to the bank"

she was bloody hilarious  ;D  ;D  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...