» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Schiavo autopsy results to be announced today!!

Written By: saver on 06/15/05 at 2:35 am

OOOh I can't wait!!! :-\\

Subject: Re: Schiavo autopsy results to be announced today!!

Written By: EthanM on 06/15/05 at 8:28 am

Is there really any mystery?

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/15/05 at 10:09 am

It changes nothing.  The people who believe she wasn't brain dead will keep on thinking that, and discount the report as nothing more than conspiracy.  These people believe what they want, not what some doctor tells them. 

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/15/05 at 11:15 am

results are in:

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/news/apress_061505_schiavoAUTOPSY.html

No signs of abuse

Brain was half the size of a normal brain and several atrophied

BLIND

So does this mean Frist should have his medical license revoked?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6448213/did/7235267/

"I question it based on a review of the video footage which I spent an hour or so looking at last night in my office," he said in a lengthy speech in which he quoted medical texts and standards. "She certainly seems to respond to visual stimuli."

I bet the liberal media won't replay that damaging clip during the reveal today.

Written By: goodsin on 06/15/05 at 12:56 pm

Mach Nichts, it ain't gonna bring her back. I hope her ex-husband is enjoying his new life (NOT).

Written By: Don Carlos on 06/15/05 at 3:48 pm

Mach Nichts, it ain't gonna bring her back. I hope her ex-husband is enjoying his new life (NOT).

Atrophied muscles can be resored with excersise, but not an atrophied brain.  I hope he IS enjoying his new life and I wish him well.

Written By: Billy Florio on 06/15/05 at 5:45 pm

results are in:

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/news/apress_061505_schiavoAUTOPSY.html

No signs of abuse

Brain was half the size of a normal brain and several atrophied

BLIND

So does this mean Frist should have his medical license revoked?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6448213/did/7235267/

"I question it based on a review of the video footage which I spent an hour or so looking at last night in my office," he said in a lengthy speech in which he quoted medical texts and standards. "She certainly seems to respond to visual stimuli."

I bet the liberal media won't replay that damaging clip during the reveal today.

the news media isnt in the business of mocking, so no, they wont play that.....

the Daily Show on the other hand....I expect them to play it a few times

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/15/05 at 6:07 pm

the news media isnt in the business of mocking, so no, they wont play that.....

the Daily Show on the other hand....I expect them to play it a few times

The news media mocks people all the time!  Are you kidding?

Written By: Climber on 06/15/05 at 11:29 pm

I think the saddest part about this whole mess is the fact that her husband said he will not tell her family where her final resting place is.  :\'(

Written By: Billy Florio on 06/16/05 at 12:22 am

The news media mocks people all the time!  Are you kidding?

mostly by accident though...because many of them are incompetant fools.....but they shouldn't be mocking people...the un-biased news is not suppose to be acting like a bunch of 7th graders.  That's what comedy shows like the Daily Show and SNL's Weekend Update is for.   

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/16/05 at 8:25 am

and what a surprise, the Bush administration still sees nothing wrong with it's approach, and thinks it was wrong to unplug her still.  If you never admit when you're wrong, then I guess you're never wrong right?

Written By: McDonald on 06/16/05 at 11:03 am

Keeping her alive and pulling the plug were equally dreadful options. They should have pulled the plug fifteen years ago and let her die with a little dignity instead of letting her starve pathetically like a show dog. I'm sure whatever happens after death, if anything, has to be better than the way she was living for the last fifteen years.

Written By: goodsin on 06/16/05 at 12:16 pm

Atrophied muscles can be resored with excersise, but not an atrophied brain.  I hope he IS enjoying his new life and I wish him well.

Fair point, DC, I just object the fact that this chap was allowed to request that another person's life was ended, and I have personal doubts about his motives.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/16/05 at 1:08 pm

That Randall Terry clown still insists she was not on "life support" because she could breathe on her own!  He's not the only to make the same incisive point!  He or another mental marvel declared "you don't kill an infant because he cannot feed himself, do you?"
They also liked to claim her eyes were following the balloon.  The examners determined she was blind.  There goes half the argument that she was sentient.
But you can't tell these histrionic types anything!

Written By: Don Carlos on 06/16/05 at 2:03 pm

Fair point, DC, I just object the fact that this chap was allowed to request that another person's life was ended, and I have personal doubts about his motives.

What life?  Life as a vegitable?  HIs motives were to get on with HIS life as a functioning human being.  Over the course of several years my mom had a series of strokes, each of which took away part of her functionality, but even at the end she could still speak even though she was often confused about reality (she thought the the person who would have been my younger brother was actually alive for example, and that her parents were still alive) but I spoke to her every Sunday, and mouned her every time I thought about her.  Truth to tell, when she died there was a sense of relief, for her and for the rest of us.  After many years I miss her still,  but tyhe memories I preserve are of her before her illness, as a kind and loving mother, as an active intelligence, as a fun-loving, brave and couragous woman.

I think the saddest part about this whole mess is the fact that her husband said he will not tell her family where her final resting place is. :\'(

I can understand his vindictiveness, although don't applaud it.  The Schindlers (and their busy-body right wing supporters, but him through he11.  I'm not sure I would be big enough to show them any consideration, and I certainly wouldn't want them to turn her grave into some kind of tourist attraction.

Written By: Climber on 06/16/05 at 11:31 pm

I can understand his vindictiveness, although don't applaud it.  The Schindlers (and their busy-body right wing supporters, but him through he11.  I'm not sure I would be big enough to show them any consideration, and I certainly wouldn't want them to turn her grave into some kind of tourist attraction.

I wouldn't want that either.  If it were my child, though, I probably would selfishly have done whatever I could to save her, even if she were better off this way.  They were desperate at the time.  Now that it's done though, they should leave the media out of it, and everyone should let her family mourn the way they need to.  And I still think her husband should tell her family.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/17/05 at 3:53 am

It's much easier to showcase your pro-life attitude with one vegetative woman than to show your pro-life principles doing right by the millions of needy children all over America.  The "pro-life" Republicans don't even demonstrate true advocacy for the "unborn."  They're cheap on prenatal provisions and care nothing for the stress of pregnant women living in poverty.

Written By: Climber on 06/18/05 at 1:23 am

It's much easier to showcase your pro-life attitude with one vegetative woman than to show your pro-life principles doing right by the millions of needy children all over America.  The "pro-life" Republicans don't even demonstrate true advocacy for the "unborn."  They're cheap on prenatal provisions and care nothing for the stress of pregnant women living in poverty.

I am pro-choice.  Let a woman do what she needs to do.  I DO NOT, however, think it should be used as a form of birth control.  I think all those pro-lifers should put their money where their mouths are, and start taking care of the so-called "un-wanted" babies that are born.  I also think the ones that are using abortion as borth control should either take some serious abstinence or birth control courses, or be "fixed".  :o

Written By: Don Carlos on 06/18/05 at 3:30 pm

Jeb Bush, Florida's governor, has asked for an investigation of the 15 year old 911 call that saved Terrie's life when hewr heart stopped, claiming that Michael might have delayed.  Here's a link.

http://www.rutlandherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050618/NEWS/506180392/1024

So Jeb wants to keep this tragedy alive, for his own political ends, obviously.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/18/05 at 5:45 pm

Jeb Bush, Florida's governor, has asked for an investigation of the 15 year old 911 call that saved Terrie's life when hewr heart stopped, claiming that Michael might have delayed.  Here's a link.

http://www.rutlandherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050618/NEWS/506180392/1024

So Jeb wants to keep this tragedy alive, for his own political ends, obviously.

I swear to God that man has no more business being governor of Florida than his brother does being president.  The country would be a better place if the entire Bush family was exiled to Fiji, but that's not fair to Fiji!

Written By: Climber on 06/18/05 at 11:22 pm

I swear to God that man has no more business being governor of Florida than his brother does being president.  The country would be a better place if the entire Bush family was exiled to Fiji, but that's not fair to Fiji!

Sadly, it's true...

Written By: Im Batman on 06/19/05 at 12:29 am

What your seeing Jeb do now is typical of the Repugs.  They can't leave well enough alone that they overreached on the Schiavo case to appeal to their lunatic religious base, but now Jeb has got to destroy Shiavo's husband for humilitating them.

I'm sure the idea of public service never occured to Jeb when he decided to run for governor.

Written By: Don Carlos on 06/19/05 at 3:13 pm

What your seeing Jeb do now is typical of the Repugs.  They can't leave well enough alone that they overreached on the Schiavo case to appeal to their lunatic religious base, but now Jeb has got to destroy Shiavo's husband for humilitating them.

I'm sure the idea of public service never occured to Jeb when he decided to run for governor.

Its all so rediculous though.  Had Michael not called 911 she would have died back then.  HER HEART HAD STOPPED.  This is retribution, plain and simple.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/19/05 at 7:38 pm

It's easier to wring hands over one dead Schiavo than all the children in Florida without healthcare!  Easier to pound the podium about what happened to some lady fifteen years ago than deal with a foundering state economy in which prisons are becoming the main industry!

Written By: Don Carlos on 06/20/05 at 4:42 pm

It's easier to wring hands over one dead Schiavo than all the children in Florida without healthcare!  Easier to pound the podium about what happened to some lady fifteen years ago than deal with a foundering state economy in which prisons are becoming the main industry!

Yes, much easier than focusing on real issues.

Check for new replies or respond here...