» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Bush already a lame duck

Written By: Im Batman on 06/22/05 at 4:00 pm

Bush can't get Bolton's nomination passed.  His privatization (prirate-ization?) for Social Security is DOA.  He couldn not get the nuclear option enacted to get his scarey right wing crazy judges approved.  He could not save Terry Schiavo's life. His approval ratings are down in the low 40's.

Could it be the Chimp is already a lame duck with three and a half years to go?  What's clear is that Democrats and Republicans no longer fear the mad bomber.

Subject: Re: Bush already a lame duck

Written By: Billy Florio on 06/22/05 at 9:26 pm

Bush can't get Bolton's nomination passed.  His privatization (prirate-ization?) for Social Security is DOA.  He couldn not get the nuclear option enacted to get his scarey right wing crazy judges approved.  He could not save Terry Schiavo's life. His approval ratings are down in the low 40's.

Could it be the Chimp is already a lame duck with three and a half years to go?  What's clear is that Democrats and Republicans no longer fear the mad bomber.

Every president is a lame duck after the first day of his second term.  At least in technical speaking.  So yes, of course Bush is a lame duck. 

Written By: JamieMcBain on 06/22/05 at 10:11 pm

If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...... it must be..... a duck.  ::)

Written By: Climber on 06/23/05 at 12:31 am

I think he's been a lame duck all along  :D

Written By: Don Carlos on 06/23/05 at 4:25 pm

If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...... it must be..... a duck.  ::)

And if it looks like an idiot, and speaks like an idiot....

So Cheney, and Rove are running the country.  Goddess help us all.  November is only a few months away.  Can they ALL, including Herstat, be impeached?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/23/05 at 4:32 pm

He's lame alright, but he's not a duck, he's a rattlesnake.  Never tease a rattlesnake, especially a desperate one. 
The Dems can't take anything for granted.  The Bushies are in perpetual attack mode, and their media lackey's are vicious dogs waiting for the next piece of meat to savage.
It was stupid for Durbin to apologise.  If he didn't apologise, the Bushies would savage him.  If he did apologise, the Bushies would still savage him.  You can't back down with this administration, ever!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/23/05 at 6:19 pm

He's lame alright, but he's not a duck, he's a rattlesnake.  Never tease a rattlesnake, especially a desperate one. 
The Dems can't take anything for granted.  The Bushies are in perpetual attack mode, and their media lackey's are vicious dogs waiting for the next piece of meat to savage.
It was stupid for Durbin to apologise.  If he didn't apologise, the Bushies would savage him.  If he did apologise, the Bushies would still savage him.  You can't back down with this administration, ever!

I agree with you there. For once a Dem called a spade a spade and then he backs down. You never hear the Rep. appoligizing for anything. Even Cheney telling Pat Leahy to f*** off on the Senate floor didn't appoligize which he SHOULD have!!!

Cat

Written By: Don Carlos on 06/24/05 at 3:58 pm

I agree with you there. For once a Dem called a spade a spade and then he backs down. You never hear the Rep. appoligizing for anything. Even Cheney telling Pat Leahy to f*** off on the Senate floor didn't appoligize which he SHOULD have!!!

Cat

Yes, He should have, and I guess if I were Pat I would have flipped him the finger right back.  I agree that Durbin should not have appologized, but clarified.  There are, as far as we know, no gas chambers at Gitmo.  That, to me, is the only differance, oh, and no Mengele, that we know of.

Written By: danootaandme on 06/24/05 at 4:34 pm

Every president is a lame duck after the first day of his second term.  At least in technical speaking.  So yes, of course Bush is a lame duck. 

The difference being that some presidents worked during their first terms at building coalitions and forming
alliances to be able to function .  Bush and his handlers have so polarized congress that I will not be
surprised if an all out physical brawl breaks out on the floors of congress  Check out roves latest quotes
>:(

Written By: Billy Florio on 06/24/05 at 5:30 pm

The difference being that some presidents worked during their first terms at building coalitions and forming
alliances to be able to function .  Bush and his handlers have so polarized congress that I will not be
surprised if an all out physical brawl breaks out on the floors of congress  Check out roves latest quotes

Id love that  ;D

WE need another Jim Trafficant ...or however his name was spelt

thats what I like about the British system....when they argue there it always seems like theyre ready to sack somebody in the face...or maybe it's the wigs

Written By: danootaandme on 06/24/05 at 5:45 pm

Id love that  ;D

WE need another Jim Trafficant ...or however his name was spelt

thats what I like about the British system....when they argue there it always seems like theyre ready to sack somebody in the face...or maybe it's the wigs

www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/USASsumner.htm

You know it would be great if something like that happened, maybe it would help to clear the
air.  It has happened before though.  Before the civil war a southerner beat Charles Sumner from
Massachusetts with a cane and put him out of commission for 3 years, probably caused his early
death.  Sumner was an outspoken abolitionist, the other guy, a thug who I won't even grace by
giving his name, was a South Carolina slave raper.  The other guy died a year later, and history
has shone Sumner to be the better of the two.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/24/05 at 6:18 pm

But, remember he is a "uniter not a divider". YEAH RIGHT!!!  ::)

Cat

Written By: Billy Florio on 06/25/05 at 12:26 am

www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/USASsumner.htm

You know it would be great if something like that happened, maybe it would help to clear the
air.  It has happened before though.  Before the civil war a southerner beat Charles Sumner from
Massachusetts with a cane and put him out of commission for 3 years, probably caused his early
death.  Sumner was an outspoken abolitionist, the other guy, a thug who I won't even grace by
giving his name, was a South Carolina slave raper.  The other guy died a year later, and history

ah yes, Charles Sumner...another one of my favorite moments from Congress. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/25/05 at 5:15 am

Yes, He should have, and I guess if I were Pat I would have flipped him the finger right back.  I agree that Durbin should not have appologized, but clarified.  There are, as far as we know, no gas chambers at Gitmo.  That, to me, is the only differance, oh, and no Mengele, that we know of.

If Leahy had given back in kind, the Rove machine would have demonized Leahy, and the right-wing media lapdogs would have brayed about it for weeks.  The Dems need to speak softly and carry a  BIIIIIG stick!
It doesn't matter what Durbin said, if you oppose this fascist regime, they're gonna beat the devil out of you.  That's how fascists operate.  G'itmo may not be Buchenwald, but Karl Rove would have been right at home among the Nazi elite!

Danoota:

If Tom DeLay and Zell Miller could get away with aggravated assault in the Capitol, they would do it!  Nah, they seem more like the kind of guys who'd cry like little pantywaists if the other guy turned around belted them back.  That's the nature of the bully.

Written By: danootaandme on 06/25/05 at 3:20 pm

ah yes, Charles Sumner...another one of my favorite moments from Congress. 

??? Why would that be?

Written By: Don Carlos on 06/26/05 at 3:46 pm

If Leahy had given back in kind, the Rove machine would have demonized Leahy, and the right-wing media lapdogs would have brayed about it for weeks.  The Dems need to speak softly and carry a  BIIIIIG stick!
It doesn't matter what Durbin said, if you oppose this fascist regime, they're gonna beat the devil out of you.  That's how fascists operate.  G'itmo may not be Buchenwald, but Karl Rove would have been right at home among the Nazi elite!

Danoota:If Tom DeLay and Zell Miller could get away with aggravated assault in the Capitol, they would do it!  Nah, they seem more like the kind of guys who'd cry like little pantywaists if the other guy turned around belted them back.  That's the nature of the bully.

Yes, and it high time that the Dems start belting them back, all of them, not just Howard Dean.  They need to put their pants on and expose this fascist regime for what it is, AND RIGHT NOW. 

Written By: Billy Florio on 06/26/05 at 11:37 pm

??? Why would that be?

because he got beat over the head by a fellow senator with a cane.  On the Senate floor! 

Written By: Don Carlos on 06/27/05 at 5:16 pm

because he got beat over the head by a fellow senator with a cane.  On the Senate floor! 

I'm not quite sure of your meaning.  Is he one of your favorits because he got beated, ie you think that was a good thing, or because he was outspoken in he beliefs and the other guy, whose name I also know (it starts with a B) but will not mention, showed himself to be a brut, a sadist, and a laut?  Your meaning isn't clear.

Written By: danootaandme on 06/27/05 at 5:53 pm

But the guy who did the beating was a slave owning whore and Charles Sumner was a real
gentleman.  He fought for full equality for African Americans(including schools and voting
rights) and that was why he was beat.  He was incapacitated for three years, and the other
guy went on his merry way.  When I do a go round at Mount Auburn cemetery in Cambridge Ma
I always pay my condolences at his grave.  It would be great to see a brawl on the Senate floor
but this is not the example that I would like to see.

Written By: Billy Florio on 06/27/05 at 9:36 pm

I'm not quite sure of your meaning.  Is he one of your favorits because he got beated, ie you think that was a good thing, or because he was outspoken in he beliefs and the other guy, whose name I also know (it starts with a B) but will not mention, showed himself to be a brut, a sadist, and a laut?  Your meaning isn't clear.

But the guy who did the beating was a slave owning whore and Charles Sumner was a real
gentleman.  He fought for full equality for African Americans(including schools and voting
rights) and that was why he was beat.  He was incapacitated for three years, and the other
guy went on his merry way.  When I do a go round at Mount Auburn cemetery in Cambridge Ma
I always pay my condolences at his grave.  It would be great to see a brawl on the Senate floor
but this is not the example that I would like to see

no, guys, Im joking around...I like it because someone (it doesnt really matter who it was) got beat over the head on the senate floor...one of the cooler things to happen there lol....remember how I was comparing it to the British system and Jim Trafficant?  Im jopking guys, youre reading way too much into it lol

we need more joking around here lol

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/28/05 at 11:39 am

no, guys, Im joking around...I like it because someone (it doesnt really matter who it was) got beat over the head on the senate floor...one of the cooler things to happen there lol....remember how I was comparing it to the British system and Jim Trafficant?  Im jopking guys, youre reading way too much into it lol

Unfortunately, this Administration is a BAD joke.

Cat

Written By: JamieMcBain on 06/28/05 at 12:35 pm

Cat

With no punchline....  ::)

Written By: Don Carlos on 06/28/05 at 3:03 pm

but this is not the example that I would like to see.

Did you know that after thrashing Sen Sumner, and breaking his cane in the brocess, Sen B's constiuants send him any number of new canes?  An outrage.

no, guys, Im joking around...I like it because someone (it doesnt really matter who it was) got beat over the head on the senate floor...one of the cooler things to happen there lol....remember how I was comparing it to the British system and Jim Trafficant? Im jopking guys, youre reading way too much into it lol

Yes, that certainly was an example of "Government by discussion".  Billy, I don't mean to be critical, I always appreciate go good joke (your's wasn't, in IMHO), and I always ready to be the butt of one, and laugh out load if its good, nut mostly, this is a serious board.

Cat

Now that is funny, and very clear, political satire.

With no punchline.... ::)

Unless you're stationed in Iraq, with no body armour, and that's NOT funny.

Check for new replies or respond here...