» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Should "Mississippi Burning" Killer Have Gotten The Max?

Written By: Indy Gent on 06/23/05 at 4:47 pm

I know the man is 80-years-old and fighting respirtory disease. But come on. The maximum sentence of 60 years will teach other racist killers yet to be tried that bigotry in this country is not to be treated with leniency. The three people murdered by this geezer (and maybe more cretins like him) will never get the publicity that Mr. Killen received from a justice-seeking media. He'll probably die before serving one day in prison. :(

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20050623/ts_afp/usjusticeraceklan_050623185851

Subject: Re: Should "Mississippi Burning" Killer Have Gotten The Max?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/23/05 at 5:06 pm

Yes, he deserves to die in prison.
What of those four young girls who died because of his actions?  They never got to grow up and experience life.  They were deprived of physical life and limb, as well as the joys and challenges of career, love, marriage, family, and the day-to-day existence we call living.  Had their lives not been destroyed by Killen and his cohorts, they may today have grandchildren the same age as they were when the Klan bombed them into oblivion.
Mr. Killen escaped justice with his wicked ways for forty years and shows no sign of remorse.  That old cracker in the wheelchair swatting at reporters demonstrates only hate to this day.  He can never really pay for the misery he has caused.  It almost seems like prison is too good for him!

Written By: Indy Gent on 06/23/05 at 5:15 pm

I have heard that he was involved in those killings. I was referring to the three civil rights leaders that were slaughtered by Killen and his gang. But I wouldn't be surprised if he did blow up the church that killed those four girls.
Yes, he deserves to die in prison.
What of those four young girls who died because of his actions?  They never got to grow up and experience life.  They were deprived of physical life and limb, as well as the joys and challenges of career, love, marriage, family, and the day-to-day existence we call living.  Had their lives not been destroyed by Killen and his cohorts, they may today have grandchildren the same age as they were when the Klan bombed them into oblivion.
Mr. Killen escaped justice with his wicked ways for forty years and shows no sign of remorse.  That old cracker in the wheelchair swatting at reporters demonstrates only hate to this day.  He can never really pay for the misery he has caused.  It almost seems like prison is too good for him!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/23/05 at 5:24 pm

My sentiment remains the same regarding the three civil rights workers Killen conspired to murder.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/23/05 at 6:07 pm

Yes that d*mned RACIST BRUTE Killen should go to the slammer...and no protective custody for him...in general population there are probably some inmates who would think nothing of killing this loser....and yes there are opportunities for an inmate to do so...all it takes is to get the guards distracted,and a nice sharp homemade weapon...

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/23/05 at 6:10 pm

Yes that d*mned RACIST BRUTE Killen should go to the slammer...and no protective custody for him...in general population there are probably some inmates who would think nothing of killing this loser....and yes there are opportunities for an inmate to do so...all it takes is to get the guards distracted,and a nice sharp homemade weapon...
How do I know about goings-on in prisons? I took a psychology course in high school...and that was one topic that was covered.

Written By: danootaandme on 06/23/05 at 6:51 pm

I know the man is 80-years-old and fighting respirtory disease. But come on. The maximum sentence of 60 years will teach other racist killers yet to be tried that bigotry in this country is not to be treated with leniency. The three people murdered by this geezer (and maybe more cretins like him) will never get the publicity that Mr. Killen received from a justice-seeking media. He'll probably die before serving one day inprison. :(

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20050623/ts_afp/usjusticeraceklan_050623185851

F***  him

Written By: JamieMcBain on 06/23/05 at 9:08 pm

He should get life plus death sentance. 

Written By: Tanya1976 on 06/23/05 at 11:09 pm

F*ck him! Let him rot in prison!

Tanya

Written By: Carrie on 06/23/05 at 11:58 pm

It doesn't matter if he got 60 years or life, he is going to die in prison anyway. Unfortunately he got to live a long life already. It is a shame it wasn't taken away much sooner.

Written By: Don Carlos on 06/24/05 at 3:52 pm

The racist bast... got less than he deserved.  Let him rot.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/28/05 at 10:17 pm

Anyone involved with the Ku Klux Klan or the Aryan Nations or the Order should ROT in prison!!!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/29/05 at 8:36 am

Anyone involved with the Ku Klux Klan or the Aryan Nations or the Order should ROT in prison!!!

Whoah!  While I agree the mentioned organizations are despicable to the nth degree, they are still legal.  In America you have the freedom of association.  If a Klan member or neo-nazi commits a crime, he can be punished for that crime.  If an organization is found guilty of collectively committing crimes, or conspiring to commit crimes, they can be prosecuted for those crimes either criminally or civilly.  Even then, it is not illegal to form a Klan klavern or other white supremecist organization.
What Morris Dees of the Southern Poverty Law Center did in one notable case against a Klan chapter was to sue the organization to the point where they had to forefeit all their assets.  Thus the sued Klan chapter could no longer operate because it had no place to meet, no money, and liens on any money they may get.  That's one way to kill off a hate group.
Neo-nazi groups are illegal in Germany, and I can't say I blame the Germans for banning them!  However, I believe in retaining the Constitutional rights of Americans to gather together and and believe any rotten thing they want, so long as they don't break any laws.

Written By: Don Carlos on 06/29/05 at 3:51 pm

Simple Question, Simple Answer

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

"nuf said.

Written By: Indy Gent on 06/29/05 at 5:00 pm

It's just too bad the other b@stards that murdered minorties in the name of religion won't have the same justice as Mr. Killen because white jurors were too stupid to convict one of their piers, and the ones that were found guilty of lesser crimes had their sentences suspended by geezer judges.
To Max, hate speech is a desecration of the First Amendment, not a product. Any speech that promotes violence against our own people is Un-American, let alone moronic and grating. That's why I am for an Amendment to ban flag burning in the US. 

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/29/05 at 5:49 pm

Whoah!  While I agree the mentioned organizations are despicable to the nth degree, they are still legal.  In America you have the freedom of association.  If a Klan member or neo-nazi commits a crime, he can be punished for that crime.  If an organization is found guilty of collectively committing crimes, or conspiring to commit crimes, they can be prosecuted for those crimes either criminally or civilly.  Even then, it is not illegal to form a Klan klavern or other white supremecist organization.
What Morris Dees of the Southern Poverty Law Center did in one notable case against a Klan chapter was to sue the organization to the point where they had to forefeit all their assets.  Thus the sued Klan chapter could no longer operate because it had no place to meet, no money, and liens on any money they may get.  That's one way to kill off a hate group.
Neo-nazi groups are illegal in Germany, and I can't say I blame the Germans for banning them!  However, I believe in retaining the Constitutional rights of Americans to gather together and and believe any rotten thing they want, so long as they don't break any laws.
Those groups promote hatred and teach it to their children...they victimize minorities who are terrified to tell the cops..they KILL those who cannot defend themselves...enough of a reason to BAN those groups...Look at what happened to Matthew Shepard and the man who was tied up and dragged behind a pickup truck in Texas....and don't say 'the cops will stop them' because in some places the law looks the other way...Do people want another Mississippi Burning to happen? Or another Holocaust?

Check for new replies or respond here...