» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: More Dirt On Nixon--He Called Indira Ghandi An Old Witch

Written By: Indy Gent on 06/29/05 at 10:50 am

And Henry Kissinger was anti-Middle Eastern Indian in general.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050628/ap_on_go_pr_wh/nixon_india

Subject: Re: More Dirt On Nixon--He Called Indira Ghandi An Old Witch

Written By: Im Batman on 06/29/05 at 2:46 pm

Well, at least Nixon was kinder on Ghandi than what he had to say about Jewish people.

Written By: Indy Gent on 06/29/05 at 3:09 pm

And how do you know that Nixon didn't mean "old b***"?  :-\\ Actually worst things were allegedly said by Nixon about blacks, Asians, Hispanics, gays, draft dodgers and other ethnic or liberal groups. He even hated Paul Newman.
Well, at least Nixon was kinder on Ghandi than what he had to say about Jewish people.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/29/05 at 5:36 pm

And how do you know that Nixon didn't mean "old b***"?  :-\\ Actually worst things were allegedly said by Nixon about blacks, Asians, Hispanics, gays, draft dodgers and other ethnic or liberal groups. He even hated Paul Newman.

Indeed.  Nixxon was equal-opportunity, he hated everybody.  That's not racist, it's paranoid.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 06/29/05 at 7:13 pm

Nixon ? Paranoid ? Nah.............  ::)

He pretty much was an equal opportunity jerk, he hated every one....  ::)

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/30/05 at 9:49 am

Hunter S. Thompson described Nixon best.

The Nixon I remembered was absolutely humorless; I couldn't imagine him laughing at anything except maybe a paraplegic who wanted to vote Democratic but couldn't quite reach the lever on the voting machine.

He could shake your hand and stab you in the back at the same time.

If the right people had been in charge of Nixon's funeral, his casket would have been launched into one of those open-sewage canals that empty into the ocean just south of Los Angeles. He was a swine of a man and a jabbering dupe of a president. Nixon was so crooked that he needed servants to help him screw his pants on every morning. Even his funeral was illegal. He was queer in the deepest way. His body should have been burned in a trash bin.

Nixon was crooked, a liar and a thief.  I stopped caring about what he said or did a long time ago.  There is nothing negative about the man or his policies that you could tell me he did, that I wouldn't believe.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/30/05 at 6:37 pm

Well, that's no way to endear-a-Ghandi!
:-\\

I assure you, attitudes are no different in the upper ranks of politics today.  The hostility and paranoia are simply glossed over with phony tact, and the thuggery is deputized to underlings who'll take a fall for the big guys if caught.

Speaking of Nixon insults, here's my favorite:

"He is a shifty-eyed g()dd*mn liar...He's one of the few in the history of this country to run for high office talking out of both sides of his mouth at the same time and lying out of both sides."
-- Harry S Truman (about Richard M. Nixon, 1978)

:P

Written By: zcrito on 07/01/05 at 5:41 pm

Good man that Nixon! He's right, Indira Gandhi was a witch. Most Indians didn't like her anyway. She held back India for years (along with a stifling centralized Communist leaning government) and only when it finally got free of her and other government regulations did its economy start to pick up in the early '90s.

If you're interested in India and its economy (and some history and politics) then I recommend you read the excellent
India Unbound by Gurcharan Das
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0385720742/qid=1120256864/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-2871289-5466468?v=glance&s=books

(or you can just ask any person from India you happen to know. I always ask them about Ghandi, Nehru and dear, dear Indira. You'd be surprised at how they see things and what they think of these people)

Check for new replies or respond here...