» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Breaking news: Bush nominates John Roberts for the U.S. supreme court

Written By: GWBush2004 on 07/19/05 at 12:10 pm

Breaking on CNN and Fox News.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,163025,00.html

--Edited to change the headline and link.

Subject: Re: Breaking news: Bush to announce his pick for the U.S. supreme court at 9 tonight

Written By: GWBush2004 on 07/19/05 at 4:11 pm

The Hill reported yesterday that it's not going to be Alberto Gonzales and ABC News just reported that it's not going to be Edith Clement.

Those were the only moderates on Bush's list.....YES!

Subject: Re: Breaking news: Bush chooses pro-life John Roberts for the U.S. supreme court

Written By: EthanM on 07/19/05 at 8:40 pm

Alberto gonzales is a moderate?????? Now I'm really worried

Subject: Re: Breaking news: Bush chooses pro-life John Roberts for the U.S. supreme court

Written By: GWBush2004 on 07/19/05 at 8:45 pm

Alberto gonzales is a moderate?????? Now I'm really worried

It seems that Juan Williams, Harry Reid and many other democratic senators thought that (no, Juan Williams is not a senator.)  Compared to Luttig, Roberts, Garza, Jones and some of the others....Gonzales is a moderate (an anti-second amendment member of the racist group La Raza.)

Subject: Re: Breaking news: Bush nominates John Roberts for the U.S. supreme court

Written By: Im Batman on 07/20/05 at 1:31 am

Only in Bush's Americka, could torture boy Alberto Gonzalez be considered a moderate.

Written By: Mistress Leola on 07/20/05 at 1:38 am

...Gonzales is a moderate (an anti-second amendment member of the racist group La Raza.)

By 'racist' do you mean they focus exclusively on improving opportunities for Latinos as opposed to other ethnic/cultural groups?
Or do you mean they hate and demean other ethnic/cultural groups?

Subject: Re: Breaking news: Bush nominates John Roberts for the U.S. supreme court

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/20/05 at 4:15 am

Talking all this hogwash mumbo-jumbo about "strict constructionism" is just circumlocution for the repeal of civil rights and the social contract going back to FDR.  Overrule any precedent they don't like is what they'll do. 
Blatant racism is too ugly for the American people to swallow, so you put a few "minorities" in powerful positions and carry on.  However, Bush is taking no chances.  A "strict constructionist" who was also a white male was his choice.  Maybe he'll get one of those reactionary Latinos to replace Rehnquist.
Make no mistake about it.  Rights you believed were permanent fixtures in the American legal canon are now in serious jeopardy.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 07/20/05 at 6:12 pm

A "strict constructionist" who was also a white male was his choice.

So....you think the supreme court should have quotas?

Written By: Harmonica on 07/20/05 at 9:27 pm

So....you think the supreme court should have quotas?

Whoo hoo another quota.  Title IX's original intent was to create fair opportunity, now it's  goal is to eliminate all men's olympic atheletics from Scholarship offering colleges across the United States.  I wonder what the next quota will be about.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 07/20/05 at 10:01 pm

Whoo hoo another quota.  Title IX's original intent was to create fair opportunity, now it's  goal is to eliminate all men's olympic atheletics from Scholarship offering colleges across the United States.  I wonder what the next quota will be about.

I know you're feeling good about this.  Pro-abortion O'Connor is out and pro-life Roberts is in.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/21/05 at 7:49 am

I don't like Roberts because I'm not a conservative.  His biggest blemish as a jurist appears to be his role in the 2000 election.  He advised the Bush team how to hijack the Florida court's decision and get the matter in the hands of the partisan Republican U.S. Supreme Court, thereby facilitating the theft of a Presidential election.
As usual, the Dems will cave in without a fight merely because Roberts is not an ultra-right nutjob.  The Dems are a party without a story and without a fight.  I saw Sen. Conyers on C-Span this morning.  The man can hardly form a complete sentence.  His speech was full of stammer and nonsequiturs and his grammar was terrible.  Man, that was the sorriest sight I've seen all week!
Anyway, no I don't think the the Supreme Court should have quotas.  I would rather have Roberts, an Anglo and a male, than a Clarence Thomas or Janice Rogers Brown!

Check for new replies or respond here...