» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Harper Valley Redux

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/25/05 at 10:53 pm

Well, the note read: "Mrs. Johnson, you're wearing your dresses way too high!
"It's been reported you've been drinkin' and a'runnin' round with men and goin' wild.
"Now we don't believe you ought to be a'bringin' up your little girl this way."
And it was signed by the Secretary, Harper Valley PTA.

OK, she's not as hot s Barbara Eden's "Stella Johnson," but Silvia Johnson sure knows how to party down!  Johnson, 40, of Arvada, Colorado, was arrested for providing drugs, alcohol, and engaging in sex acts with her daughters underage friends.  Mrs. Johnson's wild parties allegedly took place over the past two years, though the incidents in the affadavit are from the fall of 2004. 
Mrs. Johnson said she wanted to be a "cool mom."  She described herself as a "cool mom."  Well, how cool is this:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0124051partymom1.html

This isn't the first "cool mom" story in the past few years.  You've got the "cool moms" and "hot teachers."
Does anybody else find these stories titillating, or am I just a sick bunny?
:P
When a forty year old man seduces sixteen year old girls, we call him a predator.  When a forty year old woman seduces sixteen year old boys, we say she has "problems." 
Is it possible women chase young flesh for the same reasons men do?, or is it really a different phenomenon?
And guys, don't try to tell me your mind doesn't wander back to your formative years and a sentence beginning with "I wish..."

Subject: Re: Harper Valley Redux

Written By: Dagwood on 07/26/05 at 7:16 am

When a forty year old man seduces sixteen year old girls, we call him a predator. When a forty year old woman seduces sixteen year old boys, we say she has "problems."

Not always.  Remember, Mary Kay Letorneau is on the sex offender list because of her creepy little love affair. (mega shudder)

Written By: whitewolf on 07/26/05 at 7:22 am

Not always.  Remember, Mary Kay Letorneau is on the sex offender list because of her creepy little love affair. (mega shudder)

she is on the list, but after she got out of prison-they got married(with both families blessings)

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/05/21/national/main697018.shtml

Written By: Dagwood on 07/26/05 at 7:25 am

I know they married, but I think the majority of the country thinks she is a creepy pervert.  I know I do as do all my friends.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/26/05 at 11:33 am

I think it's there is a double standard, if a male teacher has sex with a student, he's branded a pervert and a criminal, if a female teacher does it they are suddendly a "celebrity", go figure.....

Either way, it's creepy......

::)

Written By: Don Carlos on 07/26/05 at 3:09 pm

While I was in Grad School we lived in an apartment in New Brunswick near the high school, and several kids used to stop in now and then after school.  I once convinced them that they could get high eating sunflower seeds.  They did.  But no sex.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/26/05 at 9:16 pm

While I was in Grad School we lived in an apartment in New Brunswick near the high school, and several kids used to stop in now and then after school.  I once convinced them that they could get high eating sunflower seeds.  They did.  But no sex.

What about smoking banana peels?  You dry them out, crisp them in the oven on a cookie sheet, grind 'em up and smoke 'em!  Oh, man, you like become one with universe, it's really something!

Electrical banana is gonna be the very next craze...
--Donovan

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/27/05 at 12:06 pm

But, still she wasn't AS criminalized as a male would be. She was often seen in the media as misunderstood. Hell, even Entertainment Tonight did a series on her impending wedding! Would they have done that for a man marrying his child bride? No.

Tanya

Written By: Mistress Leola on 07/27/05 at 12:43 pm

I don't know if you could ever make an 'American Pie' movie where a "Stifler's Dad" seduces a 17 year old girl, and it's all good for a laugh.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/27/05 at 8:43 pm

I don't know if you could ever make an 'American Pie' movie where a "Stifler's Dad" seduces a 17 year old girl, and it's all good for a laugh.

There was "American Beauty" in which the friend of Lester Burnham has the hots for his teenage daughter's best friend, and she has the hots for him.  However, his conscience corrects him before they consummate the tryst.

Now, if you made a picture in which dad is trying to seduce his teenage kid's  male friends, you'd have a jolly old controversy (or just another John Waters movie).

Written By: Mistress Leola on 07/28/05 at 8:25 am

There was "American Beauty" in which the friend of Lester Burnham has the hots for his teenage daughter's best friend, and she has the hots for him.  However, his conscience corrects him before they consummate the tryst.

Now, if you made a picture in which dad is trying to seduce his teenage kid's  male friends, you'd have a jolly old controversy (or just another John Waters movie).

Yeah, I thought of that, but that wasn't played for laughs.  I was wrong though -- I'd completely forgotten that I'd only recently seen David Mamet's 'State And Main', where Alec Baldwin plays a movie star notorious for his taste for teenaged girls.  And though his behavior is universally condemned in the film (or at least disparaged), it IS treated pretty comically.  But I think the filmmakers get away with it because in the incident shown in the film, the teenager (played by Julia Stiles) pursues HIM (though he doesn't put up much of a fight, I must say).

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/28/05 at 9:01 am

Yeah, I thought of that, but that wasn't played for laughs.  I was wrong though -- I'd completely forgotten that I'd only recently seen David Mamet's 'State And Main', where Alec Baldwin plays a movie star notorious for his taste for teenaged girls.  And though his behavior is universally condemned in the film (or at least disparaged), it IS treated pretty comically.  But I think the filmmakers get away with it because in the incident shown in the film, the teenager (played by Julia Stiles) pursues HIM (though he doesn't put up much of a fight, I must say).

I remember "State & Main" too.  Great movie.  "A fourteen year old girl is NOT half a twenty-eight year old woman!"

Check for new replies or respond here...