» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Jesse 'The President's Body' Ventura

Written By: Alchoholica on 07/29/05 at 11:27 am

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/2004-04-15-ventura-white-house_x.htm

Now, i'm aware this story isn't exactly new, however i hadn't seen anything about it on the board before and was curious as to what people thought.

My opinion, apart from the fact that i have always admired his 'in ring' skills, i think the guy speaks a lot of truths. He also has some slightly odd ideas that i don't think would work.

What does everybody else think of Jesse The Body?

Subject: Re: Jesse 'The President's Body' Ventura

Written By: Alchoholica on 07/29/05 at 12:00 pm

Personally, I think he's a good politician.  He tells it like it is and doesn't cowtow to anyone.  True, some of his ideas are unconventional, but they're based in reality.  I'd vote for him :)

They're based on real situations, but i doubt they would work in real situation.

I would vote for him as well, as you say, he tells it like it is and shoots straight. I don't think he could get elected but i bet he could grab the same kinda percentage as Nader, if not higher.

Written By: Harmonica on 07/29/05 at 5:14 pm

Jesse Ventura has a vast historical background in politics, even long before his pro wrestling days.  He's a very highly intelligent man on top of that. 

Alcoholica - From a personal standpoint, I enjoyed him as a commentator more than a pro wrestler. I thought he was fantastic alongside Gorrilla Monsoon.

Written By: Dagwood on 07/29/05 at 5:35 pm

I haven't paid close enough attention to his politics to have an opinion on them, but I like the "My President can kick your President's butt" bumper sticker I am envisioning. ;D

Written By: Alchoholica on 07/29/05 at 6:47 pm

Jesse Ventura has a vast historical background in politics, even long before his pro wrestling days.  He's a very highly intelligent man on top of that. 

Alcoholica - From a personal standpoint, I enjoyed him as a commentator more than a pro wrestler. I thought he was fantastic alongside Gorrilla Monsoon.

Put it this way, anybody that can bang heads with Verne Gagne and go on to become a guest lecturer at Harvard has my respect.

He's always been interested in Politics.. One of my favourite Ventura story's was when he was set to referee the main event at Summerslam with Austin & Foley, but refused to get physically involved. Anyway he turned up to the arena and said this 'The Media is going to crucify me anyway, i'll do anything you want' ;D

"My President can kick your President's butt"

http://www.canoe.ca/WrestlingImagesVentura/summerslam2.jpg

Dang Straight!

Written By: danootaandme on 07/30/05 at 7:41 am

I thought he was a big joke til I sat down an listened to him, I forget what he was on, but this guy is
not the schmo I thought he was.  He is very intelligent, I wouldn't count him out for anything.

Written By: Brian Damaged on 07/30/05 at 8:59 am

I would like it if he was a senator first.  I don't know very much about his policies but he seems like a common sense honest guy and there should be more of them in politics.  If he was a senator first it could attract more people like him into politics.  If he was president now, the way the system still is, he wouldn't get as much done as he could.  There is still too many old school politicians in the system.

Written By: Alchoholica on 07/30/05 at 10:54 am

I would like it if he was a senator first.  I don't know very much about his policies but he seems like a common sense honest guy and there should be more of them in politics.  If he was a senator first it could attract more people like him into politics.  If he was president now, the way the system still is, he wouldn't get as much done as he could.  There is still too many old school politicians in the system.

Well he was Governor of Minnesota.

There will always be old school Politicians as you put it because that is who the system is set up to attract, however when you have Individuals such as Ventura, it at least attracts some interest, people will sit up and listen and say 'Hey, this guy makes sense!'

Written By: Brian Damaged on 07/30/05 at 11:56 am

Well he was Governor of Minnesota.

There will always be old school Politicians as you put it because that is who the system is set up to attract, however when you have Individuals such as Ventura, it at least attracts some interest, people will sit up and listen and say 'Hey, this guy makes sense!'

I know he was governor, I just mean more national visibility would be good.  I don't say that because I think HE needs it (maybe he does I don't know), but just because I think it would help bring more people like him to national politics. He could maybe be more effective a president if there were more senators and congresspeople like him, instead of the old cronies.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/31/05 at 1:07 am

Personally, I think he's a good politician.  He tells it like it is and doesn't cowtow to anyone.  True, some of his ideas are unconventional, but they're based in reality.  I'd vote for him :)

That's why he could not become president.  He doesn't kowtow.  The successful candidate shall kowtow to the following (not necessarily in order of priority):
1. Southern bigots
2. Christian zealots
3. Wall Street
4. Pentagon defense contractors
5. Petroleum companies
6. Israel
7. Saudie Arabia
8. Pharmaceutical companies
9. Insurance companies
10. Households wealthy enough to be assessed the "death tax."
Failure to kowtow to any one of these interests may jeopardize the candidate's success.  If Ventura wishes to run, he must start his kowtowing right about now!

Written By: Alchoholica on 07/31/05 at 1:09 am

That's why he could not become president.  He doesn't kowtow.  The successful candidate shall kowtow to the following (not necessarily in order of priority):
1. Southern bigots
2. Christian zealots
3. Wall Street
4. Pentagon defense contractors
5. Petroleum companies
6. Israel
7. Saudie Arabia
8. Pharmaceutical companies
9. Insurance companies
10. Households wealthy enough to be assessed the "death tax."
Failure to kowtow to any one of these interests may jeopardize the candidate's success.  If Ventura wishes to run, he must start his kowtowing right about now!

Unfortunatly.. you have hit the nail square on the head there.

And you know for a fact that he would flat out refuse to.

Check for new replies or respond here...